The Anniversary Part 2

My Other Half
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

3rd POV

“WOOOO!!! WE LOVE YOU GUYS!!!”

“YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST!!”

“KANG JOOHYUK! LEE JUNGAH! KANG SEULCHAN! KANG SEULGI!!!”

“YOU GUYS ARE THE CUTEST FAMILY EVER!!”

“WE LOVE YOU!!”

Hannie, Taemin, Aya, Kyungsoo, and Taemin all cheered on their feet for their best friend and her wonderful family.

Hannie turned to the others and ushered them away from their table, signalling that they should present their video now.

The five of them shuffled out and Hannie and Sehun went up to the stage while the other three went to grab Aya’s laptop and the wires.

Hannie and Sehun gave the Kang family mischievous smiles as they climbed the stairs, earning confused expressions from the family.

Sehun put his arms lovingly around Mr. and Mrs. Kang who looked as lost as ever. Hannie grabbed the mic and gave them a soft smile before turning to the audience, oblivious to the pained brunette sitting in the audience.

“Good evening everyone.” Hannie said. “As some of you may know, my name is Hannie, that’s Sehun, and the people bringing over the laptop right now are Taemin, Aya, and Kyungsoo.” She said, gesturing toward the three who were setting up the laptop. “We’re friends of Seulgi and their family.” She explained. “I’ve known Seulgi for about six years now which means I’ve known her wonderful family for just about the same time and let me tell you that I’ve honestly never met a more kind, caring, and sweet family as them.” She said, looking at the Kang family with so much admiration and affection in her eyes. “The first time I had dinner over at their house Mr. Kang offered to give me a VIP pass to his clubs to, as he put, ‘get jiggy wid’ it,’” She chuckled, causing a light-hearted laugh to ripple through the audience. “Mrs. Kang never once missed out on a chance to ask me how I was doing, always making me feel like I had more than 1 mom in the world.”

“So as our present from us to you, we thought it would be very special to show you guys what all of us see.” She said, finishing her speech.

“Also because we’re all broke college students and couldn’t afford actual gifts.” Sehun quickly added, causing another round of laughter.

“Yah!” Hannie yells, albeit laughing.


Aya then press play. The projection starts to play on the white screen set up in front of the left wall and Taeyangs, “Love me to Death,” starts to sound through the entire room. The first slide is Mr. and Mrs. Kang baby pictures side by side, earning a big, “awe” from everyone. Hannie and Sehun step down from the stage and stand to the side with the others, watching the video and the Kang family for their reactions.

 

 

Kai

I stared at them, long after the video had ended and people were just having fun now. I haven’t gone to greet them yet.

Why?

I kept asking myself that.

I kept asking myself why I couldn’t go see them after everything they had done for me when we were still friends. Why couldn't I just get up and muster up a simple, “Hello.”

I sighed. Who am I kidding? I know exactly why I can’t just waltz over there and act like I’m seeing my friends after a long time. Why? Because they’re not my friends anymore. I can’t even remember the last time I said their names, let alone spoke to them. They’ve probably forgotten all about me by now. It’s been-- what? 5 years? 6 years? No way in hell would they still consider us friends.  

So why now? Why for God’s sake did I have to see them now?

Maybe I can just lay low and let it go. They don’t have to see me, I don’t have to talk to them.


Maybe that’s just for the best.

 

 

 

3rd POV

This party was the perfect way to start Hannie’s summer. She didn’t know why, but it just felt like this was going to be one of the best summers of her life. Everything just felt great. Maybe it was just the excitement she felt from the party or the fact that she was just happy she was finally home, but her gut was telling her that the next three months were gonna be great.

She smiled at the thought and threw her arms around Sehun and Kyungsoo and swayed back and forth with them to the rhythm of the song.

The five of them all sung along at the top of out their lungs, probably to the annoyance of the elderly folk around them but as long as Mr. and Mrs. Kang didn’t care, they didn’t either.

“What’s the plan for tomorrow?” Aya shouted to them over the music.

“We all gotta be up by 8 because the train leaves at 10. It takes about an hour and a half  to get there ” Kyungsoo answered.

“Why do we have to wake up 2 hours early?” Seulgi asked.

Everyone, including Aya herself, all pointed at Aya.

“Right.” Se

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter