Spirit Week: Wednesday

My Other Half
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kai

 

“Joohyuk! What did I say about sleeping in class?!” Song Ssem yelled with a slap of the meter stick on his desk. 

 

Joohyuk tiredly lifted his head with an irritated groan but went back to sleep with his head in his hands. Well, at least it wasn’t on the desk. 

 

But honestly, what did the teachers except? You tell a bunch of highschool kids to come to the most boring place on Earth dressed in the clothes their most comfortable in when going to bed. Did they honestly think no one would fall asleep? Even Miss. Straight A+, in every honor society, teacher’s pet Seohyun was nodding off to dreamland every now and then. 

 

I looked over at Suhan who was on the other side of the room and one row in front of me. I could just barely see her face but I noticed that she was trying hard to keep her eyes open. 

 

Ha, cutie. 

 

She was wearing a silk pink nightgown that her mom bought her last night. She told us when she got home from school yesterday, her mom suddenly went to the mall and picked out the nicest nightgown there was. She said she usually just slept in a pair of green plaid pants and a white T-shirt which was funny because that’s exactly what Sehun had came in wearing. 

 

But I just don’t get it. If Suhan hates the things her mom does so much, why doesn’t she just say no? Like will her parents disown her or something? I honestly doubt it’ll be that bad that Suhan can’t even utter a word. My dad and grandma never made me do something I didn’t want to (aside from school, that is). They always made sure what they were asking of me was okay with me. Never in my life had they done something that upset me. Now of course, there have always been fights and whatnot, but I know everything they’ve done has always been the best for me. 

And I highly doubt that a pink silk nightgown is what’s best for Suhan right now. 

But hey if she's not willing to help herself then what do I care. She's just an acquaintance of mine. 

An apparently complete badass acquaintance of mine. I mean, did you guys see her yesterday?! 

I was walking back from the principals office to my locker when I heard those douche bags spreading like always when I saw Suhan drop her water bottle. And she didn't just drop it by accident. I saw her deliberately take the cap off, and lightly toss it to where Baekhyun and Chanyeol were walking!! Can you believe it? Who knew Miss. Silent, Wallflower Ahn Suhan was capable of such a thing because I sure as hell didn't! 

It was honestly awesome though. Perfectly planned and laid out. Couldn't have done it better myself. Way to go Stretch. Way to go. 

 

 

Suhan

 

​What happened yesterday was never mentioned again. Kai, Aya, and D.O. came into homeroom the next day like nothing ever happened. Aya's pajamas were of course a pair of shorts a T-shirt while Kai and D.O. just a pair of sweatpants and T-shirts. 

Meanwhile I was sitting there like I thought I owned the place. Mom had stuffed me in this frou frou pink nightgown that I'm preparing on throwing in the street after today and just pretending it got lost. 

But anyway, yeah. The fight from yesterday wasn't spoken about or even acknowledged. Everything was as normal as ever. Aya acted like the chipper and bubbly girl she always was, D.O. acted like the nice but playful guy he was born to be, and Kai was the same flirtatious player I met a few weeks back. 

Everything was normal aside from the fact that Aya suddenly kept pushing me towards Kai whenever she got the chance. 

If we were walking, she'd switch our spots so I was next to him. If we were sitting, she'd slide over and put Kai in between us. If we were studying, she'd send both us to get a book she needed. 

It was honestly really weird but hey, I didn't mind really. 

Not that I like Kai though. 

 

 

3rd POV

 

"Do you think there's anything else we need to do?" Aya asked Suhan as the latter saved their PowerPoint for the disease project. 

 "Hang on let me check." Suhan said. She took out their rubric from her folder and placed it between herself and Aya. "3 page essay: check. 10 slides on PowerPoint: check. Visual aid: check." Suhan then stopped and her face fell to the floor. "Presentation...not check." She grumbled before her head fell onto the table in agony. 

"You don't like presenting?" Kai asked. 

"I hate it more than anything." Suhan told them. 

"Oh come on it's not that bad." He said. 

Suhan lifted her head up. "No you guys don't understand. Presenting in front of people is my worst fear. I start to shake, my face gets all red and sweaty and I sound like I'm about to cry. I even stutter!" 

"Oh man." D.O said sympathetically. 

"You just gotta practice." Kai said.

"Yeah. I used to hate it too, maybe not to the extent you're at," Aya lightly chuckled, "but Kai helped me get over it." 

"How?" Suhan asked.

"I just made Aya practice over and over again. First in front of me, then in front of D.O. and I, then in front of the others. I just kept making her practice in front of more and more people." Kai explained.

"And it worked?" Suhan said.

"Like a charm." Aya nodded. 

"Yeah." Kai said. "I'll help you too. Hey  why not we to my place today? You two can chill," he said to Aya and D.O, "and I can help Suhan out." 

No one noticed, but Aya's eyes suddenly lit up a smile grew on her face.

"That sounds great! Let's go!" She excitedly agreed. 

"Wait, now?" Suhan asked. 

"Yeah!" Aya nodded. 

"Oh, I don't think- I don't know if I'm allowed to right now. I mean, it's already 4:30...my parents are going to want me home." Suhan said in a small voice. 

Kai rolled his eyes. 

"Oh come on Suhannie." Aya lightly whined. "Just call your parents and tell them you need to work overtime in the library because you really need to get this project done." 

"You mean lie?" Suhan asked, internally appalled.

"Oh Jesus Christ." Kai groaned in his head.

But Aya just laughed. "Well if you say it like that then of course it sounds bad." She chuckled. "But yeah. Just lie. It's not like we're doing anything bad." 

Suhan had never lied to her parents before. She always did what they said and always followed their rules no matter what. 

Well, until recently. 

She did befriend the kids her mother said to stay away from. 

But that wasn't considered lying right? That wasn't actually a big deal, right? 

Well, then she guessed going over to a friends house wasn't a big deal either, right? 

It was just a little white lie, no harm. Right?

Suhan sighed and closed her eyes. "Fine." 

Kai smiled. Although a little frustrating, it was cute how she took this so seriously as if she were committing a crime. 

"I'll go call my mom." She sighed and went to a quiet area of the library. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter