Joo Ri's Party Part 2

My Other Half
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Suhan stood at the perimeter of the dance floor with her arms crossed over her chest, watching Kai and Joo Ri dance together with a glare.

 

Joori was of course having the time of her life, giggling and touching whenever she got the chance, and Kai, he wasn't smiling as much as her, but he didn't seem to hate it.

 

And that's what bothered her.

 

Joori turned around and did some move on Kai that Suhan thought only strippers do. fell to the ground and her eyes flashed between Joori who was smirking and Kai who was slightly smiling.

 

Joori grabbed his hand and spun around, going into Kai’s arms. She said something to him that made him chuckle and in return made her laugh as well.

 

Suhan couldn't watch any longer and just finally took a seat and began texting Aya about the horrible turn of events.

 

“Alright everybody, we’re going to slow it down a bit. This is your time to grab that someone special, come to the dance floor, and have a lovely little slow dance.”

 

Suhan stopped typing her message and looked up, back to Kai and Joori.

 

Their eyes met for a second and Kai took a step toward her, but Joori stopped him by wrapping her arms around his neck, pulling him dangerously close to her. Kai glanced at Suhan with an apologetic look before putting his hands on Joori’s waist, making Suhan’s eyes widen at the close contact between them.

 

Suhan had never felt so bad before. She hated seeing them together like this, as if Kai somewhat enjoyed it and she hated that she still had to be nice to Joori after this.

 

So she just decided to ignore it. She looked down and tried not to think about any of it. She had tons of other things to think about: her parents, graduation, what college she was going to attend, what career she would do, what friends she’d have in the future, what type of life she’d live, what type of kids she would have...what type of guy would be in her life.

 

Suhan silently groaned to herself and buried her face in her hands at her failed attempt to take her mind off of Kai.

 

This was a lot harder than she thought.

 

As the slow song moved along, Suhan glanced up at Joori and Kai. They looked the same; they looked like a million-dollar couple.

 

But then, Suhan felt like her breath had been punched out of her.

 

She watched, horrified, as Joori slowly kissed Kai’s neck.

 

Suhan looked at Kai and he looked as surprised as she did. Joori pulled away and looked into Kai’s eyes and began moving her head closer toward him, straight for his lips. And at that moment, something inside of Suhan snapped.

 

She got up, and marched right through the crowd of dancers, straight toward Joori and Kai. She even wait to see what Kai would do, she couldn’t take that chance.

 

She came up to them and grabbed Kai’s arm, turning him away from Joori, and her kiss, surprising both of them. He wasn’t hers, she clearly knew that. But no way in hell would he be Joori’s. He deserved so much better than that.

 

“I- I think that’s enough.” Suhan said with a shaky but angry voice.

 

Joori, confused and a little irritated that she ruined the moment, furrowed her eyebrows. “What are you doing?”

 

“Kai and I should probably go. It’s getting late.” Suhan responded through gritted teeth.

 

Joori narrowed her eyes at Suhan’s rough tone. She held onto Kai’s arm and pulled him back to her, finally understanding the situation. “If you need to go, Suhan, no one’s stopping you.” She said, tightening her grip on him.

 

“I’m gonna go, but I’m sure Kai wants to leave as well.” Suhan says, still holding onto Kai’s arm.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter