Thank You

My Other Half
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

3rd POV

 

“YOU’RE WHAT?!”

 

Everyone in the room flinched at Aya’s booming voice.

 

“Aya, calm-”

 

“If you tell me to calm down, I’ll rip your throat out.” She vehemently hissed at D.O.

 

D.O. shut his mouth like a trap.

 

Kai tried to settle her down, “Aya, I know you’re mad-”

 

“Mad?! I’m not mad, Kai. I’m ing pissed off.” She said. Suhan could almost see the fire coming out of . “I can’t believe you’re leaving!! I can’t believe you would even for one second think of going, let alone actually agreeing to it. Who’s the one always preaching to us about living our lives the way we want to and doing what makes us happy?! Huh, Kai?? Who’s the one always telling us we should put our happiness first!!”

 

“Aya, I don’t even know what I want with my life.” He said to her.

 

“I know for damn sure it’s not going to England to become some boring businessman!” Aya screamed at him. “You’re such a ing hypocrite, Kai.”

 

“Aya, just please hear him out.” Suhan softly said to her.

 

“I can’t believe you’re onboard with this! You of all people!” Aya exclaimed, feeling more and more hurt as all her friends ganged up on her.

 

“This has nothing to do with her.” Kai said defensively. “I made this decision on my own and you can either support me or shut me out, but I’m going either way. I’m not changing my mind.”

 

“Fine. Go. Run away from your problems like you always do.” And with that, she stormed out of the room.

 

“See? This is why I said to just go without telling her and we could have just pretended you stayed. We could have gotten a mannequin that looked just like you.” Seulgi said to them as she tsked her head.

 

“I don’t know what you see her.” Sehun scoffed to D.O.

Suhan sighed and got up. “I’ll go talk to her.”

 

 

“Boarding flight #589 to Australia at Gate E.  Boarding flight #589 to Australia at Gate E.”

“I think we might be next.” Kai said softly to his friends. He looked at Suhan. “Any sign of Aya or D.O.?”

 

The latter gave her friend a sad look. “No, I’m sorry, Kai.”

 

Kai sighed, nodding his head. “She’s hurt.”

 

“I don’t care how hurt she is. The should still have come.” Sehun replied angrily.

 

“It’s fine.” Kai said incredulously. He waved it off, trying to not think about the fact that two of his closest friends weren’t going to show up to his departure.

 

Easier said than done.

 

“Jongin, it’s time to start heading to our gate. Say your goodbyes and let’s go.” Jung Mi said to him as she looked at something on her phone.

 

Kai nodded, even though she couldn’t see. He turned to his friends and suddenly, they all felt the realness of the situation.

 

“You’re...you’re actually leaving, huh?” Sehun said, trying to swallow the lump in his throat.

 

A small but sad smile flashed on his face. “I’m really leaving.” He said as if trying to convince himself. “I’m gonna miss you, man.” Kai said and threw his arms around Sehun, his forever partner in crime.

 

Sehun, the usual joking and sarcastic guy, closed his eyes and just let his emotions out for that moment. His best friend was leaving for God knows how long, he couldn’t put up a facade here.

 

His eyes began to tear up as he hugged him, wanting him to stay but would never say so because as much as he hated it, he, and everyone else, knew this was for the best.

 

“Thanks for never leaving my side, man.” Kai said to him as they slowly released the hug.

 

“You better keep in touch or else I’ll kick your .” Sehun said to him, making the brunette softly chuckle.

 

“I promise.” Kai said.

 

He turned to Taemin and Seulgi, the latter was a crying mess.

 

“Seulgi, come on. I’m not going off to war.” Kai lightly joked, wiping a tear off her cheek. Seulgi began to sob and threw her arms around his neck, burying her head in his chest.

 

“I’m gonna miss you so much.” She said through muffled cries.

 

Kai blinked back his own tears and hugged her close. “I’ll miss you too.”

 

Seulgi evened the group out. She was hyper and sassy, but also very responsible and always the one, along with Taemin, to stop the group from doing stupid things that would most definitely get them thrown in prison. She always helped him through whatever problem he had, big or small. She was one of his pillars, and he would always be grateful for her.

 

After Sehun had eventually pried Seulgi off of Kai, the latter gave Taemin his hug goodbye as well.

 

“Thanks for always being our mom.” Kai chuckled to him as the two hugged.

 

“Anytime.” Taemin laughed back. Kai ruffled his hair, thankful for having a friend like Taemin, someone who was a little different than the rest of the group, but never judged and was always on their side.

 

“I’ll miss you man.” Kai whispered.

 

“We’ll see each other again, just keep in touch, okay?” Taemin told him as they let go.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter