Baby Steps

My Other Half
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-10 years ago-

 

Suhan

 

Miss Lucy had a baby, she named him Tiny Tim! She put him in the bathtub, to see if he could swim. He-

 

“Suhan, stop dilly-dallying behind. We’re already late for the banquet as it is.” I heard Mom’s voice scold.

 

I stopped skipping on the gray and white tiles with a pout and followed behind Mom.

 

As we crossed the grand lobby of the hotel, I heard a small noise near one of the halls. Curiously, I glanced over and low and behold, my eyes jumped out of their sockets when I saw a couple, very passionately, kissing!!!

 

I quickly covered my eyes, but as they say, curiosity killed the cat and I peeked through my fingers.

 

His arms were holding her very tightly around her waist, and she was cupping his face as they lovingly kissed. It wasn't a gross kiss like the ones in those teenage movies with the tongue and stuff, but just a soft kiss.

 

The woman pulled away first and stared into his eyes, “I love you.” She said.

 

I could see the man’s eyes melt into hers as he repeated her words, “I love you too.”

 

I didn't know what their story was, but I sure knew what love looked like. That look in the man’s eyes is the same look that Daddy has when he looks at Mom after coming home from a long trip.

 

The woman now had tears in her eyes before she pulled him into a tight hug.

I didn't know their story, or names, or what lead up to this magical moment between the two, but if I had a guy that could look at me like the way he looked at her, or the way Daddy looks at Mom, I'd be the happiest girl in the world.

 

 

-Present Day-

 

3rd POV

 

Suhan had never kissed anyone before, and it definitely showed. Kai had kissed a few people before and was well experienced in that area, so he could tell how new Suhan was to kissing. She didn’t know how to move her lips, he hands were barely touching his waist, she was as still as a board, but he enjoyed every second of it.

 

He slowly pulled away, with his hands still softly cupping her face, but he didn’t open his eyes yet.

 

Suhan stared at him, wondering if this was a dream or reality. Everything felt real, her body, her clothes, the setting, everything was definitely real.

 

But Kai had kissed her.

 

That’s what made it to surreal.

 

“Kai…” She whispered.

 

He let out a light breath. “Suhan,” he said, opening his eyes, “What you said Friday night, about everyone knowing about your feelings for me, it was true. I tried to deny it because I was scared, I’ve never been in something so sincere before, I was scared to go for it.”

 

“But what scared me more was losing you. Even though I’m still getting to where you are, I don’t wanna lose you. You mean a lot to me.” He said, softly, slowly, but most importantly, sincerely. A quiver of a smile began to appear on her lips. “So I hope we can take baby steps? Even if we’re not in this cemented relationship, I hope you can be mine, slowly but surely. Okay?” He asked.

 

Suhan nodded, finally feeling at peace.

 

 

 

 

“Okay, what is going on with you?” Aya asked Suhan as they walked to the latter’s locker.

 

Suhan looked over at her friend with a confused look. “What do you mean?” She asked.

 

“You haven’t stopped smiling since Monday.” Aya said. “Something happened, didn’t it?” At the mention of that “something,” Suhan broke back out into a huge grin and began to giggle, making Aya laugh. “Okay, now you HAVE to tell me!”

 

Suhan let out a long, but happy, breath as they were about to turn the corner. Suhan tried to think of where even to start. Should she start with last Friday night again or just go straight to gym class? Or should she just drop the bomb and mention the kiss first?

 

Suhan softly blushed at all the events but when the two girls turned the corner, Suhan’s face when from soft blush to extreme cherry red tomato at the sight of wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter