Aya and Seulgi

My Other Half
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Everyone get in your groups." Jang Ssem ordered the class as soon as the bell rang. Kai and D.O. stayed in their seats since they were already next to each other. Taemin was joined by his own partner Minho just like the rest of the class. Chorong turned back to Aya and gave her an apologetic look while Aya just waved her off, mouthing a quick, "It's okay." 

"Ae Yeon." Jang Ssem called once everyone had settled. "You're going to be with Suhan," he said to her, nodding to the back of the room where the new girl was seated, "and your disease is Malaria." Ae Yeon nodded, slightly bummed that she couldn't work with any of her friends but nevertheless put on her friendly face and went to the back. 

"Hey, I'm Aya." Ae Yeon introduced herself when she got to the back. 

The girl looked up with her innocent and very shy eyes and spoke with the softest voice Aya had ever heard. Not soft like quiet, but soft as in comforting and easy. "Suhan." The girl responded. Suhan realized that this was the girl that D.O. had been talking to earlier and was obviously friends with Kai as well. Maybe D.O.'s girlfriend? They had seemed pretty close in the earlier periods. She hadn't talked to any of them though. Suhan was never a people's person.

"You're the new girl, right?" Aya said while plopping herself down on the seat beside Suhan. Suhan didn't make eye contact but just slightly nodded as she opened up her health book. "How do you like the school so far? I think you're in a few of my other classes too." 

"Yeah." Suhan said, glancing at the beautiful girl in front of her. Aya pursed her lips and nodded in agreement before focusing her attention back on the project they were supposed to do. 

"So do you know what we're supposed to do?" Aya asked when she opened her own health book. Suhan took out he rubric paper without a word and placed it on the empty space between their two books. Aya's eye lit up and she beamed a "thanks" to Suhan before reading over the paper. 

"Has to be 3 pages on the paper....10 slides in the powerpoint...due in 3 weeks....IN FRONT OF THE GRADE?!" Aya screamed once she read the last sentence of the sentence of the paper. The whole class turned back to Aya at her yelling. Jang Ssem raised an eyebrow at her. 

"Is something wrong Ae Yeon?" He half-sarcastically asked. 

Ae Yeon was about to protest at this atrocious part of the rubric but knew nothing would come out of it no matter how hard she tried. So with heavy shoulders, she sighed and slumped back in her seat. "No." She lowly muttered. It's not that she had stage fright or anything, she just preferred not to do it. It wasn't the worst thing in the world, but she didn't like it. Those other students shouldn't have to watch her present her project. It's hers and she did it for the teacher. Why should the others see it? Why do they get to judge her on it? And what about those people who had stage fright? 

People like Suhan who had almost screamed bloody murder when she read the last sentence when she first got the paper. But she had kept herself composed, telling herself she can scream and cry when she was alone. For someone like Suhan, introducing herself to a class was bad enough. But now? She had to present a project with someone she hardly knew in front of about 300 students?! How the hell was she supposed to do that?! 

"Hey so I doubt we'll finish this in class so do you wanna meet up after school today or something?" Aya suddenly asked, knocking Suhan out of her stressed thoughts. Suhan was slightly surprised by the sudden offer. Aya just decided to make plans on the whim, something Suhan never did in her life. 

So she blinked and thought for a second. Go home to aloof parents, where she would just be stuck in her room all day, or go to the library and get work done? 

"Yeah I think today is fine." Suhan answered with a light smile. Aya kindly grinned back at her with a nod. 

 

 

 

 

"So what's the new girl like?" Sehun asked when he set his tray down. 

Aya shrugged. "She's nice, doesn't talk much. I think she's just shy though." 

"She's so pretty though." Seulgi gushed. 

"Right??" Aya excitedly agreed.

"See, now how come girls can compliment their friends like that but guys can't?" Taemin chimed in. The others all looked at him with chuckles.

"I think you're beautiful Tae." Kai blew him a kiss. Taemin grumbled and chucked a French fry at the brunette. 

The rest were still laughing when Sehun interrupted them with a nod towards the door. "Isn't that her?" The others all looked in the direction he was looking at and saw Suhan walking in, holding her lunch bag close to her body. 

"Yeah, that's her." Kai answered, his eyes never leaving her as she walked. 

"Doesn't look like she has a place to sit." D.O. commented once he saw how Suhan's scanned the place for an empty table. 

As if on cue, Aya got out of her seat and walked over to the said one. The group could see Aya's friendly smile and her say something while gesturing to the table. Suhan shyly smiled back and nodded, following Aya back to the table. 

"Guys, this is Suhan." Aya introduced when the two girls reached the table. "Suhan, these are the guys; Sehun, Taemin, Seulgi, D.O. and-"

"We've met." Kai interrupted before she could say his name, his gaze still glued on the pretty girl in front of him. Suhan glanced up at him only to revert her eyesight back away from him immediately when she saw how hard he was staring. There was just something about Suhan that Kai couldn't help but to stare. It happened the first time they met when he looked back when PSong dismissed him. It happened when they were in first period, staring at each other through the window. And it was happening now too. She was much different from the girls he usually met. The girls here were either like Aya and Seulgi, friendly and outgoing girls, or like the popular girls, snobby and spoiled. 

Suhan was quiet but she was still very easy to approach. She was shy but so very inviting; well, at least to Kai.

"Sit down." He calmly commanded. Aya and Suhan took their seats. 

"So how do you like the school so far?" Seulgi asked Suhan. 

"It's good. A little confusing though." She softly spoke. 

"Oh tell me about it." Seulgi chuckled. "I couldn't find my classes for about a month freshman year." Suhan just smiled back at her before opening her lunch bag and eating her first packed item. 

"So you wanna go after school today?" Aya asked. Suhan looked at her and nodded. 

"Where you guys going?" Taemin asked.

"Library." Aya responded.

"Ooooo can we come too?" Taemin excitedly asked.

"Us too." Kai added.

"Oh no no no no." Aya sternly shook her head. 

Taemin and Kai furrowed their eyebrows. "Ah why?!"

"I don't want you guys bothering us! The last time you came to the library for a project, we got kicked out!" Aya angrily hissed at them. 

"That was one time!" Kai argued back.

"Kai." Aya glared. "I said no. That's final." 

Suhan was surprised by how compliant the guys then became. They didn't argue anymore but only grumbled in annoyance. Aya had only said five words and yet they listened so well. Was that power something you learn? Because hell, Suhan wanted to sign up for the classes right now. She would give anything to be strong like that.

But like her mother always told her, "Never walk in front. Always walk behind the others. Nobody likes a loudmouth in this world." 

And so Suhan kept quiet and just ate her lunch in silence. 

"So did you guys get dates yet for the dance?" Taemin asked, eyeing Aya. The latter shot him a look to shut up, but it was too late. The topic was already brought up and it looked like it wasn't going to end neither soon nor well.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter