Spirit Week: Friday

My Other Half
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

3rd POV

 

Suhan pulled the soft, freshly ironed, pink dress over her head. Once on, she smoothed out the ridges and stared at herself in the mirror.

 

“Not bad.” She said to herself with a light smile. Suhan felt the back of her head to make sure her clip was securely in place so it couldn’t fall out sometime through the night. When ran her fingers through her freshly straightened hair and moved it behind her shoulder before giving one last satisfied glance in the mirror and heading downstairs.

 

“Mom, I’m ready.” Suhan called as she walked down the stairs. Donggie was wagging his tail at the bottom of the staircase with a happy tongue sticking out, waiting for his beautiful owner to greet him. Suhan grinned and patted his head when she reached the first step.

 

“How do I look?” She asked him. “Do you think Kai will like it?” She whispered with a quiet giggle.

 

“Oh Suhan turn around and let me see!” Suhan’s mom then called out when she walked into the living room. Suhan quickly coughed, trying to cover up any mention of Kai’s name. She stood back up and faced her mother who was beaming from ear to ear.

 

“Sungmin, who knew our daughter was so beautiful?” Suhan’s mother gushed.

 

Suhan’s father came out of the study room and looked at his daughter. “I knew, of course.”

 

Suhan blushed as she slipped her heels on. “Thank you.” She said.

 

“Where did the time go? Where’s my little girl?” Sungmin sighed as he stared at his big girl.

 

Suhan rolled her eyes. “Dad…”

 

“Where’s the little girl who was scared the flush of the toilet would her in and send her to the ocean?” Sungmin asked.

 

“Oh my God.” Suhan groaned in embarrassment.

 

“Oh stop teasing her Sungmin.” Suhan’s mother scolded her husband. “Don’t ruin her mood before her big night. I want her to be in her best mood tonight, there’s this boy I’m hoping will ask her out.”

 

“Boy? What boy? When did boys enter her life?” Sungmin furrowed his eyebrows at his wife before turning to Suhan. “Suhan, boys have cooties ok?”

 

“Mom, I’m not going to go out with Baekhyun. I don’t like him.” Suhan adamantly said. “Now I’m leaving before you two can embarrass me more.” She said with a sigh as she started to leave.

 

Suhan’s mother sighed as Suhan left. “That impertinent girl.” She shook her head.

 

Sungmin just lightly smiled. “Leave her alone will you? You already control everything else in her life.”

 

“Sungmin you of all people should know that whatever I do is for her own good!” Suhan’s mother said back.

“There’s a difference between what’s for her own good and making her our prisoner. I want what’s best for her too but I don’t want her to look back on her childhood and see us as the bad guys.” Sungmin calmly explained.

 

 

 

 

Suhan

 

“Thanks ahjussi!” I giddily said to my driver.

 

“Have a good night Suhan-ssi.” He said back with a tip of his hat. I gave him one last smile before he drove away. I turned around and stared at the large building where the dance was being held. If they rented such a nice venue for homecoming, I couldn't even imagine what they would do for prom.

 

I bit my bottom lip and scurried inside to meet up with the guys. Everyone looked so nice! The boys were looking handsome, the girls were looking lovely, and even the teachers were looking nice. I followed the crowd to the main hall where everyone was. I could hear the blasting music and giddy voices chatting inside. The lighting was a darkish red with a dark golden light lighting up the dance floor where many people were dancing. Everything about the place astonished me and I just knew this night was going to be great.

 

“Coat rack is over there.” I heard one of the teachers say to a group of students. I took off my coat and walked over to the side of the room where the other kids were hanging their coats.

 

“I like your dress.” One girl complimented me. I kindly smiled and returned the compliment. Man, only 5 minutes in and this night is great.

 

I couldn't stop neither the smile nor the giddy emotions I was feeling as I slipped off my black coat. As I hung it up, I jumped when a pair of soft hands came over my eyes.

 

“I think I know what I want for my wish.” Someone said in a soft voice.

 

I smiled at the wonderful voice.

 

“And what’s that, Kai?” I asked, removing his hands and turning around. We met face to face, and very closely. Something about a guy dressed up always makes them look more attractive and in Kai’s place, it was almost too much for me too handle.  

 

“That you be my date tonight.” He smiled. “You look nice.”

 

I grinned at him. “As do you.”

 

Kai put his arm out for me, “My lady.” he said. I laughed and took it, letting him lead me to the others.

 

I could see some people staring at us. Or maybe at him. I mean, they were either staring at the new girl who was suddenly walking with the school's hot bad boy like they were dating or they were staring at the school’s hot bad boy period.

Either way, I didn’t mind. Being with Kai was enough for me to not care about what anybody thought or said.

 

 

 

 

Kai

 

“Look who I found.” I said when I reached the others.

 

The guys all turned around and almost instantly, Suhan was ripped my grasp and enveloped in an infinite amount of squeals and giggles from Aya and Seulgi about how “so incredibly gorgeous” she looked.

 

I mean, they weren’t wrong I guess.

 

She did look pretty nice which was why I had to grab her before any of these other punks tried to make a move on her. I saw the way the other guys were staring at her and let me tell you, it wasn't in a “may I have this dance, my fair lady?” kind of way. So I made it clear that she was with me and with that, that sent the message that she was off limits.  

 

“Alright alright, you’re gonna hurt the poor girl.” I said after a few minutes and finally stepped in to take her back.

 

Aya smirked. “Getting possessive of your girlfriend already Kai?”

 

“Not my girlfriend, my date.” I corrected.

 

Cue another round of squeals.

 

Jeez, I honestly don’t know how I haven't gone deaf yet.  

 

“Where’s your date?” I asked Soo while the girls were talking once again.

 

I saw how he glanced at Aya for a split second. “I, um, cancelled on her.” He said.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter