The Anniversary

My Other Half
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 3rd POV

-Knock. Knock-

Jongin finished buttoning up his shirt and turned to the door, “Come in.”

The door softly opened, revealing Jung Mi, typing something on her phone. “Ready?” She asked without looking up.

He nodded. “Mhm.”

“Good. Excited?”

Jongin silently scoffed. “I'm not a child going to the toy store. It’s just the Opening.”

Jung Mi softly smiled as she continued to type away. “I've know, but it wouldn't kill you to smile every once and awhile.”

“I smile.” He argued.

Jung Mi finally looked up from her phone and raised a questioning eyebrow at him.

Jongin looked away in defeat and fixed his cufflinks. “What does it matter as long as I get the job done, right?”

“Well that’s a lovely motto.” She tittered.

Jongin stopped himself from rolling his eyes. “Why do you even care?” He quietly asked.

“Well I thought I didn’t but seeing your depressed expression everyday really brings down my own mood. Maybe you’re finally starting to grow on me.” She said.

“Lucky me.” He muttered to himself as he began fixing his tie.

He didn’t see the small smile on Jung Mi’s face when he said that. It was small, microscopic,  pretty invisible, but it was there.

“It might not mean much considering our situation, but you're still my nephew, Jongin. You're still my flesh and blood.”

Jongin froze in front of the mirror, unable to look at her or say anything.

He didn't know what to say, frankly.

He wasn't used to someone being affectionate with him, if one could even call this moment, “affectionate.”

It was as if she was treading in the lake that Jongin had dried years ago.

“Aren't we going to be late?” He said softly, just deciding to ignore the statement.

Jung Mi’s eyes flickered, changing the amicable smile to a tiny sad one, before her expression fell flat again and she sighed. “Yeah, we should get going.” She said, turning away to leave. “The sooner we get done with the Opening and the after party, the sooner we can head to the dinner.”

Jongin was about to nod in acknowledgement until he heard the last part of her sentence. “Dinner?” He furrowed his eyebrows. “What dinner?”

“We were invited to an anniversary party by a big club owner. He’s a good friend to our company. It’s polite to go since we’re here and a good way to make connections because many business owner and high ups will be attending. Him and his wife are quite well-known and liked.” Jung Mi explained.

“I don’t want to go to some stupid party if it has nothing directly to do with our plan.” Jongin replied bluntly.

He didn’t notice how Jung Mi’s shoulders deflated when the atmosphere returned to it’s usual tone between them. “I’m still your boss, Jongin. Don’t forget that. You do as I say and I say you’re going tonight. End of discussion.”

 

 

“Has anyone seen my bra?!” Hannie screeched as she skittered through the hotel room in her towel.

“Seulgi, you grabbed my lace underwear right? The black ones??” Aya called to Seulgi from the bathroom.

“Yeah, I think they’re next to my tampons in my red suitcase!!” Seulgi called back from her room.

“Aya, did you bring your epilator with you? I missed a small chunk of hair when I waxed my legs.” Hannie called from her own room.

“Oh , no I didn’t but I have an extra razor in my suitcase! Check the side left pocket.” She said.

Kyungsoo, Sehun, and Taemin all stood in the living room, wondering how they got to this point in their lives.

“Do you think there’s ever a time when friends are just too close with each other?” Sehun asked, shuddering when the girls continued their uncensored conversation.

“Oh, if there is then I think we’ve reached it.” Taemin whimpered back.

“Kyungsoo, can you come clasp my bra?? My hands are full!!”  Aya shouted over to them.

Kyungsoo internally groaned and slumped over to his girlfriend as Taemin and Sehun began to scatter out before the other two could ask them to help.

 


 

“Please place the speakers over there.” Taemin kindly gestured to the workers. They were at the hotel that was holding Seulgi’s parents’ anniversary party about an hour and a half outside of Seoul up in the mountains to help setup before the party.

“Taemin, where are the girls??” Seulgi’s dad irritatedly asked when the clock struck 6:30, half an hour before the party was supposed to start.

“We’re here!!!!” A voice shouted from outside the doors.

The few people in the room turned to the voice, and Taemin’s heart began to slam against his chest all over again when he saw Hannie walk inside.

Seulgi, Aya, and Hannie walked into the hall, looking as beautiful as ever with their long dresses, perfectly applied makeup, and done hair. Especially Hannie, in her curve-hugging, black maxi d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter