Chapter 6

What If...

"Now that you all understand, you're all at the puberty stage wherein, you experience changes not only on your physical, psychological and emotional state." Teacher Yoo explained and writes something at the board for the class to see. "And this, Puberty is a stage wherein girls and boys starts to have interests when it comes to the topic that you all like to talk about. Love."

A student raises his hand to ask. "Teach! Do Hyosun, Baekhyun and Chanyeol count?" 

Teacher Yoo laughs and nods. "Of course. Baekhyun and Chanyeol are boys while Hyosun's a girl right?"

"Then there's a possibility that you three have feelings for each other!"

"Whoaaa~" the whole class said in unison. Haekyung looks at them but they just ignored the class and rolled their eyes. This topic is such a cliché for the three of them. They've been at it since elementary and they're all used to it. But, is it really possible for the three of them not to have even a slightest bit of attraction with each other?

He bell rang and the teacher bids them goodbye. Haekyung looks at Hyosun and stared at her. "Are you alright with that?" She asks.

"With what?" Hyosun replied.

"They're all teasing you three.."

Hyosun smiled and nods. "Of course. We've been used to it since we're elementary so don't worry Haekyung-ssi."

"Let's have our lunch!" Baekhyun exclaimed. 

“Yes! You’re going to have your first lunch in school Haekyung-ssi~”

They all headed to the greenhouse to eat their lunch. Haekyung joined them since it's her first day. They shared their lunch with each other and exchanged stories too. They also decided to drop the honorifics since they are now friends. "Oh.. I didn't expect for you three to be that close. You've been together since childhood?"

"Yeah~ that's why Hyo can't keep secrets with us. She's too easy to read." Baekhyun mumbled and took a bite at Chanyeol's melon. 

"Yah!" Chanyeol enraged. Baekhyun grinned and continued eating. Chanyeol rolled his eyes and sighed calming himself down and took another slice of melon placing it inside his mouth. 

"But haven't you all given it a thought?" Haekyung continued.

"What thought?" Hyosun asked and drinks her juice.

"What Teacher Yoo said earlier? Don't you all have even a slightest bit of attraction to each other?" The three choked. Haekyung gave them their drinks and smiled. "So you all do huh? Let's hear it!"

"No I don't! They're both just my best friends nothing more!"

Baekhyun and Chanyeol froze hearing her answer. Just best friends. Nothing more. Those words keep on playing inside their head. "Oh really? That's a shame then.. I really hoped that you like one of them." Haekyung said in disappointment.

"Of course! Ahaha! Right guys?" Baekhyun and Chanyeol were frowning. Just then, Black Baekhyun came out. He gave Hyosun his sarcastic smile and his chopsticks broke. 

"Of course! We're just best friends right? Why would I have that kind of feeling for you? You're a talkative, nosy and a girl who's not petite like Haekyung. Of course I wouldn't afford to like you." Baekhyun replied while smiling sarcastically.

"Uh Baek?"

"What? I'm alright! I really am. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to freshen myself up. I think the sun's really getting to my nerves right now and I'm really being irritated with it." He said and left.

"He's annoyed. Hyun's a hundred percent hurt Sun." Chanyeol said while looking at Baekhyun leave. "I think I better go after him." He said then runs after Baekhyun.

"But I just.."

"I see what's going on here." Haekhyung mumbled. "Baekhyun likes you."

Hyosun's eyes widen and flushed. "W..What?! No! That's impossible!"

"Then can I ask you something?"

"What?"

"Did Baekhyun once told you that he likes you?"

Hyosun's eyes widen and she suddenly got goosebumps. "Y..You're scaring me. How did you-"

"Eh~ so he did huh? Let me guess," Haekyung smirks and leaned closer. "You thought of it as a joke?"

"Are you a stalker or something?! I feel more and more sick right now! I think my cold’s getting worse because of you Haekyung!"

Haekyung laughs. "I feel bad for Baekhyun. Hyosun, you have to consider that Baekhyun-ssi and Chanyeol are both guys and you're a girl. Even if you are their best friend, they can't still hide the fact that they're both guys and can develop feelings for you."

Hyosun's heart started to bit fast. She bit her lower lip and moved closer to Haekyung. "D..Do you think that's possible?"

"Who knows? You're the only one that can find that out."

••••••••••••••••••••••

Hyosun


I stare at my pen as I wait for the last period to happen. I'm so confused right now and I still have an hour to spare. I think I'm going to be sick, which in fact I really am because of my cold. What Haekyung told me earlier is really disturbing. Now that she even mentioned Baekhyun's confession, which I thought was his prank, I am now having second thoughts about it.

"What are you doing?"

"C..C..Chanyeol!" I exclaimed in surprise. I even dropped my pen, how embarrassing not in front of Chan... 

"Why are you so flustered?"

"Oh, A..Am I? Haha! I'm not!" He looks at me suspiciously and walks closer. My heart started to beat faster than normal. I took a step back and I fell on my chair. Chanyeol squints his eyes and leaned in closer to me. I think my heart is beating so loud right now. If this continues even Chan will hear it.

"Then why are you acting this way? You're flushing right now." My eyes widen. I placed my hands on my cheeks and they're burning right now. Ugh, so embarrassing. "Is it because of earlier?" He asks.

"Umm.. Chan? What if what Haekyung said earlier is true? What If Baek really likes me? What do you think will happen? What if I say something that may-"

"Stop it!" I flinch in surprise. Did I say something that made Chan mad?

"C..Chan.."

"I told you that I hate it when I hear you talking about what ifs!"

"But why are you getting mad all of a sudden?"

He looks at me fiercely and grabs my hand. "Can't you even see me? I'm always here by your side. Why is it only that you see Baekhyun and not me? Don't you know that what you said just now-" he suddenly stops talking and let's go of my hand. He sighs and ruffles his hair in frustration. 

"Chan? Are you alright?"

"No. I snapped. Sorry. I didn't mean to yell at you." He said. "I..I think I need some air. I'll be back."

He walks out of the classroom and leaves me behind. Why do I feel stuffy at the inside right now? I think I just hurt Chan but I didn't know how. Why is when I saw his eyes, it makes me want to cry? I unknowingly stepped out of the room and before I knew it, I'm holding Chanyeol's hand.

"H..Hyosun?"

"I..I'm sorry.. Just now I'm sorry." Tears started to escape from my eyes and I didn't know why. All I know is that ever since I was young, I don't like Chan getting mad at me. I can't even stand a day without apologizing to him when I feel like it's my fault and I think that situation is similar to this one. I may have said something that really hurt him at the inside. "I'm really sorry Chanyeol.. Please don't get mad.."

 

Chanyeol


Hyosun started to cry as she holds my hand. I hold her hand back and smiled. "I'm not mad."

"Yes you are.. You just yelled at me., I'm so sor-" I pulled her to a hug and she gasped in surprise. "C..Chan?"

"Stop crying. If I'm not mad at you, will I even take you in my arms like this?"

"Um.. No."

"See? I'm not mad at you. And even if I want to I can't because you're important to me."

We stayed like this for a minute or two. I don't care how long we stayed like this. I just wish this won't stop. I can stay like this forever.

••••••••••••••••••••••

"Hey Baek, are you still upset about me?" Hyosun asked and walked behind Baekhyun. 

"Nope. Why would I? I am your best friend right?" Hyosun can tell that Baekhyun is answering her sarcastically. She frowned and held his arm. Baekhyun's eyes widen in surprise and flushed. "W..What are you doing?!"

"I'm sorry eo? Don't be upset.."

Baekhyun can't deny that he can't resist Hyosun when it comes to her cuteness. That is his weakness. Even though he may date girls, for him there's still no one who can't match Hyosun in his heart. He tried to forget about her by dating different types of girls but still, he can't. 

"Why are you staring at me like that?" She asks.

"Just stop before I flick your forehead idiot."

Hyosun brightened up. "Really? Thank you Baek!! You're really my friend!"

"There! There again! Friend! Stop saying that! Are you really rubbing it to my face? Ugh!" He said then walks ahead. 

"What's with them today? I can't understand what's making them upset about that topic." Hyosun mumbled to herself. "Baek wait! Let's go together!"

 

Baekhyun


Hyosun kept on mumbling for me to wait for her but I just ignored her. I hate it when we're both alone. I hate Yeol for being in the class duties. I don't want to snap at her right now so I'm keeping my distance. But you know what? Whenever she's near me it's hard to resist her. Even if I try, I can't because she's my weakness

"Baekhyun-ah!" I stopped on my tracks. She hurriedly walks in front of me and looks at me. "Why are you being like this huh?"

"Then can I ask you a question too?" I snapped. I tried to control myself though. I walked closer to her and she stepped back until she's trapped. "You think what I said back then was really a joke? Do you think I don't see you as a girl whenever we're together?"

"B..Baek."

"Now tell me."

"I told you I don't know.."

"Then how about this." I hold her chin and her eyes widen in surprise. This is the only way that I can prove to her that I see her as a girl. "Shall we test if we both see each other as friends or as our own gender?"

I leaned closer and attempted to kiss her. I can see her being nervous right now. "Hyun? What are you doing?" I heard Yeol asked. I smirked and stepped back. Hyosun sighed in relief and fell on her knees. 

"I shook you just know right? That only means that you see me as a guy too. No matter what we do, even if you turn the tables upside down, we can't still hide the fact that Chanyeol and I are both boys and you're a girl Ahn Hyosun." I said then left.

 

Hyosun


Baek left. He just left leaving me with those words. I don't know what I'm feeling right now I'm just too confused. I don't even know why I kept on hiding the fact that there might be a possibility that they both like me. I don't know why I'm being like this right now. I'm so confused that I feel so weak. I can't even feel my knees or anything. I just stare blankly waiting for me brain to tell me to stand up and just forget everything.

"Hyosun." A voice called. Oh right, it's Chan.

"C..Chan." 

"Are you alright?"

"No. No I'm not. What Baek said just now confuses me. I don't even know why I'm being like this. I think I really am a huge idiot right now. What if it's all tr-" my eyes widen. One second after, I now realize that Chanyeol's hugging me. My heart is beating so fast again. 

"Then tell me what you feel right now."

I closed my eyes and observed myself. My heart's beating fast like how it did earlier when Baek leaned closer to mine. It's... the same. "I..It's the same. Like what I felt earlier."

Chanyeol pulled back and smiled. He takes my hand and helped me get up. "Then think about why. No matter how we try to make you understand, at the end of the day, you're the only one who can make yourself understand why you feel that way Hyosun."


Update~~ Hahaha! Will update on the weekend! Look forward to it guys! ^^ Keep safe always and leave your comments okay? Love you all~~

- ninakim0428_inpirit