Final Chapter

What If...

Hyosun


We arrived at the abandoned building and I stepped out of the car. Chanyeol holds my hand and looks at me. He hugs me before I go and I do to. "You know that I just want you to be safe right? If things didn't go as planned, you know what to do right?" I smiled and nod. I hold his cheeks and chuckled.

"I know. And even if I don't call, I know that you'll be there." He smiles and nods. 

"Be careful." I nod. "I love you, Lee Mijoo."

"I love you too. Park Chanyeol." He smiles letting go of my hand as I go. 

I approached the place and scanned around. It's empty. I'm sure they asked to be here. I called for my brother's name countless times but there's no answer. I called for the second time and I heard something at the back. I run towards where the sound is and saw my brother tied with blood all over him. "OPPA!!" I run and quickly untied him. He immediately falls to me unconscious. "Oppa! Please wake up eo? It's me, Mijoo!!" 

He slowly opens his eyes and looks at me. He stretches his arms and he touches my cheeks. I hold his hand as I cry and he smiles. "Mi..joo."

"Yes, I'm here.. Please hold on a little bit longer eo? Don't leave me alone.." He nods and leans to me. I clench my fist in anger and looked around and saw Haeyoon and her uncle approaching. I feel my blood boiling as I stare at her. She smiles as she looks at us.

"It's nice, seeing the Lee siblings together again. Should we hold a family reunion? Oh wait, we can't! Why? Because you're the only ones left." She smirks and approaches me. She grabs my chin as I glare at her. "You have one of a damn gut to glare at me like that. Don't you know that I can kill you right now?" I scoffed. "Laughing? Uncle, she lost it already."

"I think you're the ones who have lost it." I placed my brother down and approached Haeyoon. I grabbed her neck rashly as she chokes. "Now I know that you're really a daughter of that man. Why? Because you're both murderers!" 

"You!" She slaps me on my cheek. I lost my balance and fell on the ground. "Tie her up!" A group of men grabs me and tied me at the pillar beside my brother. She scoffed and pointed a gun on my chin. "You dare to call my father a killer? YOU'RE FATHER KILLED MY FATHER! BECAUSE OF DEPRESSION, MY MOTHER COMMITTED SUICIDE! NOW TELL ME WHO THE KILLER IS?! IS IT STILL MY FATHER?!"

"Yes." I replied. She gritted her teeth and slapped me in my cheek. "You're father started it all. If he's not to much of a greedy person and did not kill the Director, my Mother has nothing to testify for and nothing of this would have happened!"

"SHUT YOUR MOUTH YOU CHILD!" Her uncle exclaimed and pointed the gun at me. "You really have guts to talk right now? Don't you know that this can be your graveyard?!"

I smile. "Even if I were to die now, nothing will change. My parents are still innocent!" He smirks and placed his gun down. 

"Untie them both." I glanced at the clock. Thirty minutes have passed. They threw my brother at me and I catch him. He is now conscious. 

"Oppa, are you alright?"

"Yeah, a bit." He replied. 

"Oppa, about what I have to do right now, you have to trust me okay?" I said and secretly placed the blood bag and the safety patch inside my shirt. 

"What are you talking about?" He asks while looking at me weirdly.

"Just please trust me."  

He smiles and nods. I stood up and looked at Namjoon. "What is it that you want from us?"

"What else? I want the both of you to die of course." 

"If we both die, will you stop this?" 

Haeyoon laugh. "Of course, you're the only ones that's been keeping as busy for all this time."

"Then can I ask you something first?" Time for evidence gathering. I pressed the recorder that they give to me and continued listening.

"Go ahead."

"Are you the one who instructed Chanyeol to do the things he's been doing right now?"

"Yes."

"Are you also the one, who ordered to place honey on our food?"

"Oh, I'm the one who ordered that." Namjoon said and chuckled. "Now can we please end this all already? I'm a busy person. I have a hospital to take over." He pointed the gun on my brother. I gasp and stand in front of him. "S..Shoot me first." I said with a shaky voice. 

"NO! ARE YOU CRAZY MIJOO?!!" Oppa approached me but men hold him back. "MIJOO NO!"

He chuckles. "Why of course Young Princess." I closed my eyes and I heard a gunshot. I look down and see blood on my stomach. I fell on the ground and Oppa runs after me to catch me. 

"YOU KILLER!!!" He exclaimed. He looks at me and started to cry. "No.. No Mijoo please no!! You told me not to leave you alone! Please no!!" I smiled and held his face.

"Come closer.." I whispered. He leaned forward and I whispered him to jump off the building and that he will land unto something on his way down.

"W..What?"

I smiled. "I'm not really shot. Just jump off the building." He looks at me confused. I am holding back my laughter right now. "Just trust me okay? Give me a signal when you've already jumped. I'm going to keep my eyes closed." He nods. He places me carefully at the ground and stands up. I closed my eyes and pretended to be dead as I listen further. 

"This can't be.." My brother said. I heard Haeyoon laughs.

"He lost it. What? You're going to jump off the building?" 

"Let him be. This will make our job easier."

"Annyeong, Lee Mijoo." That's the signal. I opened my eyes and saw Oppa as he falls down the building. "Annyeong Oppa." I said siting up. They gasped seeing me okay. 

"Coast is clear." I mumbled and the police started to come in one by one. They are both startled with what's happening. Chanyeol runs to me and hugs me. 

"Well done." He said and kissed my hand that's been shaking. I smiled and nod. 

"YOU PLANNED IT ALL?!" Haeyoon said. 

"Unnie." Haekyung said.

"YOU! YOU TRAITOR!!!"

"I'm sorry."

"YOU DIRTY LITTLE ORPHAN!!!" Our eyes widen as Haekyung bit her lip. Haekyung's an orphan? But that's not what's important right now. I saw Namjoon pointing the gun at her. I immediately run to where Haekyung is and covered her. After that, I heard a loud sound and I fell on the floor.

"MIJOO!" Haekyung screamed. 

"YOU BASTARD!" Jaehyun oppa exclaimed and the police seized him over. I felt Chanyeol hold me as he cry.

"H..Hey, WHAT THE HELL MIJOO?!!" I smiled.

"You called..me Mijoo."

"YOU IDIOT! WHY THE HELL DID YOU DO THAT?!!!" Baekhyun exclaimed.

"MIJOO-AH!!" Haekyung said.

Chanyeol holds me closer and wraps his arms around me. "Just hold on a little longer.. Please Mijoo. I need you." And that's the last thing that I have heard.

••••••••••••••••••••••

Six Years Later...

Chanyeol


"Hyung! Wake up!" I heard Hyungshik called from downstairs. I groaned and slowly got up. I glanced at my clock and it says eight. 

"Shoot! I'm late!" I run to the bathroom and gave myself a quick bath. I then hurried outside and dressed myself. I run downstairs as I place my socks on, it seems like luck had run away from me, I fell down the stairs. Just when I just recovered from my arm injury, now I fell from the stairs huh. "Ah.. Damn stairs." I run outside and catch a glimpse of my face on my way out. My head's slightly bleeding. 

"Ah, really!!" I grabbed my handkerchief off and wiped the blood away but it doesn't stop. 

"What the hell are you doing?" Baekhyun mumbled. 

"I woke up late because I went out for a drink with Hyungshik last night. I fell down the stairs on my way out." Baekhyun laughs and rolled his eyes.

"That scenario is so familiar to me." I smiled. 

"Sorry Baek! We're late but we managed to buy Chanyeol some food!" I saw Haekyung fast approaching. My eyes landed at the girl next to her. Lee Mijoo.

"Chan! What happened to you?!" She approached me and wipes the blood of my temples. "You have to apply some pressure for it to stop you know?" I smiled and continued looking at her. 

"OKAY LET'S STOP THIS SCENE AND GET GOING!! WE'RE GOING TO BE LATE ON OUR FIRST DAY PEOPLE!!" Baekhyun exclaimed. I grabbed Mijoo's hand and pulled her with me. We run to the bus stop and let Baekhyun and Haekyung went first then we both got in. 

Mijoo looks at me in worry. "Are you really okay?"

"Yeah." I replied still smiling. She chuckles and gives me the coffee that she's holding. 

" I can't tell of you really fell. You're grinning like an idiot right now."

"I'm just happy to see you."

"We're always together. Don't you get tired of me?"

"I will never get tired of you. Even if I die, I'll still follow your soul and be with you." She laughs and flicks my forehead. 

"Yes, you will. Now eat. You're going to die in hunger later in class." He gives me the ham and cheese sandwich that she bought and I started eating. We're now in our second year in college and it's been six years since the incident happened. The incident which scared me the most. I thought that I will lose her by then. Now we're all music majors at Seoul University. "Hey Chan?"

"Yeah?"

"I found out something interesting."

"Wharf ish it?" I asked while munching on my food. 

"Oh god, that's gross. Chew it first before talking!" She places tissue on my mouth and continued talking. "Detective Yoon told me that they found Haekyung's real parents and it turns out that they are looking for her too."

I smile. "That's great then."

"Yeah, we're going to meet him after class to find out more about it."

"Can I come?"

"Even if I tell you that you can't, I know that you'll come." I chuckled at her answer. She knows me too well. We arrived at the university and we all got off. We headed to where our classroom is and luckily, our professor still hasn't come. 

"Damn we're so lucky." Baekhyun said while catching his breath. "You okay Haekyung?" 

"Yes." Haekyung replied smiling.

"Wow, you've grown Byun Baekhyun! You're not checking on us anymore!" Mijoo says and I chuckled.

"You have a boyfriend that will look out for you so you don't need me. Why? Are you begging for me to come back? AH!" Haekyung and I laughed after Mijoo hit him with her bag.

"In your dreams dumbo!" 

We sat on our seats and I sighed looking at the view outside. It's been a while, since we started living again. Mijoo seats next to me and placed her headphones on. I smiled and took the other one. "This again?" 

"I love it. The song that you both made for me." She smiles and I closed my eyes reminiscing the time when we first let her hear the song.

Flashback

I hold on to Hyosun's hand as I watch her sleep. It's been two months since she fell in a coma and ever since then, she still haven't woken up. Every time I wake up seems to be horrifying for me. Because I'm scared that what if one day, I wake up without her anymore. God I’m even using what if’s now. "You should go now Chanyeol. You have school tomorrow." Jaehyun hyung said and I nod. I kissed her in her forehead for the last time and headed out. 

I walked to the bus stop and sat at the bench waiting for the bus to arrive. I never expected that it will be this hard to wait for a bus to arrive. It's suffocating. After forever passed, the bus stops in front of me and I hopped in. My phone rang and it says Baekhyun. I answered it and placed the phone on my ear. "Yeah?"

"Why are you so slow? Haekyung and I are starving!" I smile hearing his voice. "Hey! Park Chanyeol? are you still there?!"

"Yeah."

"Is that the only word that you know?! YEAH?!"

"Yeah." 

"Oh god his is so frustrating. Hurry up and come back home!" He hangs up and I set my phone down. I threw my head back and sigh. It's been countless times this day. I sighed. I miss her. I miss Hyosun. Even if she's alive, I can't feel her. She's always sleeping. I want to hear her voice and I want to see her eyes. I want to see her smile for me again. I miss her so badly. I arrived home and I opened the door after entering the passcode on. I removed my shoes off and saw Baekhyun with Haekyung at the kitchen. "Took you long enough!"

I smile and sat at the dining table. Haekyung sets the food down and they sat at their seats. I continued living alone in this house after Ahyoung passed away. I can't seem to move out after all of what has happened. "Chanyeol, aren't you eating?" Haekyung asks with a worried face. "Do you not like the food?"

"No, I like it." I fake a smile and picked the spoon. "Thanks for the food." I mumbled shortly and started eating. Ah, I didn't realize that it's that difficult to eat. It feels heavy deep inside. So heavy and stuffy inside. 

"You should eat. I know things are hard right now but eat you idiot." Baekhyun said.

"Are you worried about me?" I chuckled and ask. 

"O..Of course I am you idiot!" I smiled and continued eating.

"I appreciate that you guys are worried over me. I'll try my best to do better. I promise." I said then stood up returning to my room. I closed the door shut as I sink on the floor. Its damn dark and I don't bother turning the lights on. I buried my face on my knees as I cry. I can't take it anymore. I'm so scared. I'm scared to lose someone again. Ahyoung has been like my younger sister and when she left me, I didn't expect it to be that hard. And now whenever I see Hyosun at the hospital, I can't help but to shake in fear. I continued crying and realize that I'm doing it again. Crying myself to sleep.

••••••••••••••••••••••

Another day in High School and it's pretty tiring. I stare at Hyosun's empty seat and it's starting again. My heart's clenching again. The bell rings and I heard everyone going out of the classroom but I stayed. I won't bother eating because I'll throw it up anyways. I lay on my desk as I close my eyes. I heard my phone ring but I ignored it. It continued to ring for almost three times. I got annoyed and picked it up. "Hello?" I answered.

"Chan." My eyes widen. I looked at my phone to see who it was.

"." I grabbed my things and run towards the exit. I think I can join the track team at this rate. I managed to get to the bus stop within three minutes. I ride the bus and headed to the hospital. I continued my marathon and took the stairs instead of the elevator. I opened the door and there she is. She's damn awake. "You've got to be kidding me." 

Hyosun looks at me surprised and looked back on her phone. "Wow, that's- you managed to get in here within ten minutes?" I bit my lip and hugged her tightly. "Chanyeol.."

"Took you long enough. I almost died waiting." 

"I thought it's easy for you to wait? Especially when it's me."

"I'm human too. I almost died without you." I pulled out from the hug and she holds my cheeks smiling. 

"I heard about Ahyoung. Are you alright?"

"What do you think?" She wipes my tears away and pulls me to a hug. I closed my eyes and buried my face on her neck. She hugs me closer and caressed my hair. 

"I'm sorry. I left you alone. I really am."

"If you are sorry, then don't do something outrageous again." She chuckles and I feel her nod. I look back at her and take my time looking at her face. Her eyes and her smile. I can also hear her voice. It's really her. "I've missed you." She smiles and nods.

"Me too." I kissed her and pulled her closer to me. I can feel her heartbeat as she moves her arms around my neck. I hold her cheeks as I continue to kiss her. I want to kiss her until I get satisfied but I think it's impossible. I will never get satisfied with the kisses the we missed all these time. I pull put from the kiss and she catches her breath. "You've gotten thin." I hold her hand against my cheek and kissed it. 

"You expect me to eat just fine?" She chuckles and shakes her head no.

"Let's eat."

••••••••••••••••••••••

Things have gotten back to normal but Hyo- I mean Mijoo's been told to just stay at home for a few more days. I'm calling her Mijoo now because she asked me so. Baekhyun and I are on our way to visit her home and also to give her our present. The song that we made. I pressed the doorbell and she opens the door for us. She smiles and welcomed us in, I immediately pulled her a hug and she chuckled. "Oh god, stop doing that in front of me you stupid couple." Baekhyun rolled his eyes and walks to Mijoo's room.

"So~ what did you two bring me today? And why is my best friend not with you?"

"Hey, that was a little bit insulting. We're your best friends first!" Baekhyun said. Mijoo rolled her eyes and glared at him.

"Give me my present today." 

I smile and grabbed Baekhyun's guitar. "We're letting you hear a song."

"Really?" She smiles and sits in between us. "Who made the lyrics this time?"

"Baekhyun did." I said and started playing the guitar. I started seeing as I look closely at her eyes.

(A/N: The black lines are Chanyeol's , the green one's are Baekhyun's while the red one's are for both ^^ try to listen to EXO's What If and imagine the two of them :D )

 

Seoro baraboneun siseon
Seoro baraboneun siseon
Hana namabeorin siseon

 

Baekhyun smiles and starts singing.

Oh manhi haengbokhae boyeo haengbokhae boyeo
Seulpeudorok areumdaun neol bomyeon
Geuga silhjineun anha silhjineun anha
Neoreul cheonsacheoreom usge hanikka


Oh oh yeah
Kkeonaegi jeone ijen
Bimilcheoreom doeeo beorin mal
Oh oh yeah
Nan geuraeseon an doendaneun geot

 

He looks at me and I smiled. We continued singing together as I continue to play.

Seoro majuboneun siseon dul
Hana nameun siseon gireul ilheun siseon
Gutge dathyeobeorin siseon dul
Neujeobeorin siseon neoreul nohchin siseon
Gwaenhi jakkuman mianhaejyeo
Ireon mameul gajgo
Neoreul bogo issneun geot


Seoro majuboneun siseon dul
Hana nameun siseon
Gireul ilheun hanaui siseon

Keun chakgageul haesseo chakgageul haesseo
Nae aneseoman jarawassdeon kkum
Jeo sigani baramcheoreom
Neol nae gyeote deryeo ol georan

Oh oh yeah
Dohwajie hayan geulssiro
Gadeukhaessdeon mal
Oh oh yeah
Naega neomu akkyeodwossna bwa

Seoro majuboneun siseon dul
Hana nameun siseon gireul ilheun siseon
Gutge dathyeobeorin siseon dul
Neujeobeorin siseon neoreul nohchin siseon
Gwaenhi jakkuman mianhaejyeo
Ireon mameul gajgo
Neoreul bogo issneun geot


Seoro majuboneun siseon dul
Hana nameun siseon
Gireul ilheun hanaui siseon

Ijen nae seorap soge yeongwonhi
Neoreul ganjikhaeya hagessjiman
Gakkeum kkeonae bwado doegessni oh

Neol geurineun naui maeumi
Jageun byeori doeeodo

Naneun meolliseonama
Nan maeumsogeuronama
Neoreul ttaseuhage bichwojulge oh

Seoro majuboneun siseon dul
Hana nameun siseon gireul ilheun siseon
Gutge dathyeobeorin siseon dul
Neujeobeorin siseon neoreul nohchin siseon
Gwaenhi jakkuman mianhaejyeo
Ireon mameul gajgo
Neoreul bogo issneun geot
Seoro majuboneun siseon dul

Girl i’m missing you
Hana nameun siseon
Gireul ilheun hanaui siseon

Geuge nayeossdamyeon
Ne geu du nun sogeseo
Neoreul bogo issneun geuui siseon
Neoreul boneun siseon
Geuge nayeossdamyeon
Ne geu du nun sogeseo
Neoreul bogo issneun geuui siseon
Geuge nayeossdamyeon
Ne geu du nun sogeseo
Neoreul bogo issneun geuui siseon

 

I stopped playing and saw Mijoo crying. She bit her lip and looked down. "I'm sorry Baekhyun.." Baekhyun smiles and hugs her. 

"I'm happy looking at you both. I really am Mijoo." He says wiping her tears away. "But you know? My eyes have not lost their way. Instead, they have found another pair of eyes to look at."

End of Flashback

"Channnn!" I flinched and saw Mijoo looking at me. "What are you thinking?"

"Nothing." I smiled and replied. I entwined my hands with hers as we continue to wait for Detective Yoon. He arrives shortly and walks towards us.

"I made you all wait huh?"

"So slow old geezer." Baekhyun mumbled. Haekyung hits him softly and we all laughed. 

"I don't know if this will be good news or bad news but decide for yourselves." He says. "Oh someone's with me too." A lady appeared behind him. But I kind of recognize this lady, I think, it's Mijoo's aunt?

"Auntie?" Mijoo says. I'm right. "Why are you-" then we all got a clue. She's Haekyung's real mother. Mijoo smiles at Haekyung and takes her hand then takes her aunt's hand letting it hold Haekyung's. "I witnessed another first Lee Haekyung." She says and let go of their hands. "Come on you two! I'm hungry let's go somewhere and eat!" She says and we all left Haekyung and her mom alone. 

"I guess I'm going on my way then." Detective Yoon says. 

"Detective Yoon!" Mijoo called. "You're one hell of a Detective." He smiles and walks away. 

••••••••••••••••••••••

Mijoo


We three ended up to the usual place that we stay back when we're young. The tree house. Baekhyun sat as his usual place and we both did too. I smile looking at the site. I'm finally doing it. I'm finally living comfortably. I didn't realize that it's possible for me too. I look at Chanyeol as he smiles back at me. In my life, I always think that nothing's possible that why I like What If's. But ever since Chanyeol started to love me, I realized that he makes everything possible for me. Just like me living as a normal person right now. 

"Baekhyun, Chanyeol!" I called and they both looked at me. "Sit beside me." They smiled and did as I ask them to. I took both of their hands and entwined them with mine.

"Hey! What.. what do you think you're doing? I have a girlfriend!" Baekhyun says. 

"I'm holding my best friend's hand." I said and he clears his throat. I smiled and leaned at Chanyeol. "I'm happy right now that we're living peacefully. Haekyung found her mother and it turns out that we're cousins. Baekhyun had found the person that he truly loves and My brother and I got adopted by Mom officially."

"Not to mention I found my girl too." Chanyeol added and I smiled.

"Yeah yeah, good for you." Baekhyun says. I smile and leaned on the wall.

"Do you think it will be possible for the three of us to stay like this forever?" 

"Yeah, even if things go otherwise, we'll always be together." Baekhyun says.

"What's the best thing that ever happened in your lives?" I asked. "Oh wait! I'll answer too. Let's say it all together."

"Okay." They both replied. 

"On count of three! 1, 2, 3!"

Chanyeol: You both

Mijoo: You both

Baekhyun: You both

I smile hearing their answer. It turns out that until the end, even if we all go on our separate ways, we still have each other. The best thing that ever happened in our lives? Was us crossing in each others paths.


End TT.TT Haha!! Thank you for all of the readers that read it until the end!! I lve you guys really!!! Till my next fic :D I think it will be a whilefor my next fic though... I'm open for suggestions for my next story ^^you can message me if you want :D until next timeee~~

-ninakim0428_inspirit