Chapter 22

What If...

Hyosun


I look at Haekyung as she feels uneasy with my question. I must've crossed the line huh? Things have started to be awkward between us and silence crept in. "Sorry.. I must've asked something wrong huh?"

"No.. Um.. Hyosun?"

"Yeah?"

"Nothing.. Y..You can ask me anything. I'm going to answer." I smiled and shake my head no. I'm going to wait. I will wait until Haekyung tells me all about her. 

"No." I stand up and said. We finished our food so yeah, I initiated to go. Besides, this conversation won't get to something nice. "I won't force you to tell me something so I won't."

"Hyosun.." I take her hand and take her with me. I lead our way to the park and we rent some bike like the time when Baekhyun and Jinyoung went with us. I rented two bikes and gave the other one to Haekyung. She's still quiet ever since we left the café and I don't like it. I think I made a wrong move back there. I hear sobs behind me and saw Haekyung crying. 

"Oh my god Haekyung! Are you alright?! Did I say something earlier?!" She shakes her head but continued crying. She's crying hard and I don't know what to do. I don't even know why she's crying. This is crazy. What should I do?! "Haekyung I'm really sorry eo? I really am!! Please don't cry.."

"No.. It's not that... I really feel awful right now.." 

"Then why are you crying? Please tell me eo?"

"Hyosun... Please don't be like this.. I know you're my friend but don't trust me this much.. I feel awful just by looking at you..."

"What are you talking about?" I asked confused. She keeps telling me things that I don't understand. She just looked at me but didn't reply. She's really strange right now. I smiled and hugged her. "Listen Haekyung, no matter what you're talking about, I promise that I won't leave you alone. You're my precious friend and don't you forget that eo?"

I wipe her tears and smiled. I have a happy virus so she smiled in return. "Promise?"

"Yeah. I won't hate you no matter what." We made the promise sign and get on our bikes. "Hey Haekyung-ssi? Can you wipe your eyes? You might bump into something looking like that." She laughs and wipes her face with her handkerchief. We started taking a stroll around the park with the lights passing right through us. I smiled as we enjoy the scene. The traffic lights turned red so we stopped waiting for the go signal. I heard Haekyung's phone ring and she excused herself while she takes the call. The red light shifted to green and I continued biking when...

"HYOSUN SHOOT! DON'T GO!!" Haekyung shouted but whatever the reason why she doesn't want me to cross the street, it's too late because I'm at the middle. 

"Wh-" I heard a sound. Is it a car fast approaching? I looked straight and shoot, it is. I just closed my eyes waiting for the car to bump into me because whatever may happen right now, even if I run away, it will be too late. I waited more but I just felt someone push me to the side. I open my eyes and saw Chanyeol lying on the ground. "C..C..Cha..Chanyeol?"

"CHANYEOL!!!!" Haekyung screamed and run to him. I'm frozen. I can't move. He's there. Lying in front of me as he stares at me. "ARE YOU OKAY?!" Haekyung asks but he didn't say a thing. He just kept on staring at me. He reaches his hand out at me but he can't reach me. I'm still frozen not knowing what to do. 

"Are you...okay?" He said with a hoarse voice. I shake my head no. I'm not okay. How can I be okay when I'm seeing you right in front of me bleeding so badly? I heard ambulance noises as they pass approaching us. I watch as they take Chanyeol away. Another man takes me with Haekyung. I hear them saying that I injure my knees and I did. I look at my knees as they keep on bleeding but I don't feel a thing. I wanted to see him. It's my fault. He hurt himself. What should I do? 

We reached the emergency room and I see Chanyeol. They're taking him away to the operating room. We got separated as they take me to the ward. They coincidentally brought me to the place where my brothers are working and here they are right in front of me treating my wound. Jongsuk oppa asks me if I'm hurt somewhere but I can't talk. No words want to come out. Chanyeol.. I want to see him.

"Hyosun? I'm asking if anything hurts. Please tell us so that we can do something!" I'm numb. I don't feel anything. Why is it? I suddenly feel dizzy. Before I knew it, I out.

••••••••••••••••••••••

Chanyeol's surgery went well but not exactly. It turns out that he injured his arm, more importantly, he injured his arm that he uses to play the guitar and to write songs. He felt frustrated just by listening at it. He stares as his hand as the news sinks in to him. 

"You never learn do you?" Haeyoon chuckled and approached Chanyeol. He clenches his fist as he looks at her. It turns out that before the accident happen, he was informed by Ahyoung about what's going to happen. Luckily, but not exactly, he came on time. But at least Hyosun didn't die right? "I told you to stop hanging around with Mijoo. That girl is very harmful you know?"

"Just what is it that you want from me? No, let me rephrase my damn question. What the hell do you want from us?!"

"I already told you what I want. Now I'm giving you another chance. There will be no doubt that Mijoo will come here to visit you. I want you to act as cold as possible to her understand? If you don't, I think you already have a clue on what's going to happen."

Chanyeol gritted his teeth and turned the recording off. He set his phone aside and groaned in frustration. For now, he can't do anything. But in the near future, he can. "Hyosun." He mumbled. The door opened and Ahyoung came in with a basket of fruits on hand. She's wearing the hospital dress just like Chanyeol. "Ahyoung, why are you dressed like that?"

Ahyoung smiles and sets the basket down. "I was admitted yesterday. I had the seizures. They said that it will be better for me to stay here from now on."

"I..Is it that bad?" Chanyeol asks in worry.

"No, compared to my situation, yours is far worse."

"Ahyoung."

"I'm serious. I already accepted my fate. I'm going to die soon and I don't like that I'm leaving with the situation becoming like this. Chanyeol, you know that you can't hold on to your guitar and write songs for a while right?" Chanyeol looks down teary eyed. He loves music so much. He loves to write songs and playing the guitar. For him, it's a part of his world. Without it, he's nothing. 

"It's just for a while. I can play it after recovering."

"Yeah, that's temporary. But do you think Hyosun, no. Mijoo's temporary too? Are you seriously going to act like that towards her?"

"Do you think I have a choice? She almost died last night. It even happened on her birthday. Do you know how awful I feel for her? I got hurt right in front of her. She can't handle looking at people getting hurt in front of her! She tends to lose control of herself and everything stops! Do you think I want that?!"

Ahyoung sighs. "Fine, you win." The door opens and Hyosun came in with Haekyung by her side. Haekyung looks awful seeing Chanyeol and Ahyoung because she knows what it is that they are talking about. 

"Chanyeol, are you alright?" Hyosun asks softly. Just by hearing her voice, Chanyeol and everybody inside the room can tell that Hyosun have lost it. She doesn't look good either. "I'm so sorry.. I.. I heard that you can't use your hand for a while.." His eyes widen in worry that she might've heard the entire conversation earlier but Haekyung catches his thoughts and shakes her head no. He sighs in relief.

"Now that you see me alive, can you leave?"

"Chanyeol!" Ahyoung exclaimed. Hyosun looks at him surprised by his words.

"Leave. You're very troublesome. It's your fault that I became like this! Can you get out?! Can't you even tell if a person even wants to see you or not or are you really that insensitive?!"

"Chanyeol! I know that you're upset but can't you say it more nicely?" Haekyung speaks up after seeing Hyosun cry.

"Nicely? I don't think that person deserves that." 

"Why you-" Hyosun hold on to Haekyung's hand and shake her head telling her to stop. "Hyosun.."

"Alright. I'm sorry for being insensitive. I just wanted to know if you're alright. Now that I've seen you, I think I will be okay. Sorry for intruding. Let's go Haekyung."

Chanyeol looks away as Hyosun leaves. The door closes and he grabs the pillow in front of him and threw it in frustration. He screams to let his anger out but it didn't help. He just made her cry. He hates how he looks helpless right now.

"Satisfied?" Ahyoung mumbled.

••••••••••••••••••••••

Days passed and things have become awkward between Hyosun and Chanyeol. She tried to approach him for how many times but Chanyeol keeps on giving her a cold shoulder. She tried to talk to him out of guilt but he can't even look at her in the eye without glaring at her. Things have been hard for them and nothing ends.

"Hyosun! The water’s overflowing!" Baekhyun exclaimed as he stops the water fountain. Hyosun have been staring blankly and kept her finger on the button as she refills her container with water. Her skirt is wet so as her shoes. 

"Oh, I didn't notice." She mumbled. "It's lunch time. I should eat huh?" Baekhyun sighs following Hyosun. She's really not in her right mind. She's even eating at the cafeteria which is unusual for her. Not only is her, Chanyeol eating at the cafeteria too. They are sitting way far from each other. Baekhyun sighs as he watches the scene. 

"What the hell are you doing? Why are you even eating here?"

"Why? Is it wrong for me to eat at the cafeteria?" He sighs in defeat not knowing what to do. His eyes widen seeing the food, she even got herself a honey chicken. Chanyeol catches the scene and looks at the menu. His eyes widen too seeing Hyosun eat it.

" Hyosun! Stop eating! Can't you see that's got honey in it?!" Her eyes widen and she drops her chopsticks in surprise. She stands and runs back to the classroom searching for her medicine box. But before she gets hold of her medicine, she started to feel suffocated and dropped the box. "Hyosun!"

"Ba..ekh..yun.." She struggled as she catches her breath reaching for the medicine box. Baekhyun hold her and grabbed two pills on his hand placing them in . He helps her swallow it wrapped his arms around her as her seizures goes down. Chanyeol shakes in fear as he watches Hyosun in her seizure. As minutes pass, Hyosun's condition became better and Baekhyun carried her to the infirmary. He sees Chanyeol's presence as he watch over her.

"Why are you doing this? Is it because of that person?" Even if Chanyeol didn't answer, Baekhyun knows what his answer is. "I see." He sighs. "Can you just stay with her for a bit? Just for a while. She's out of it Park Chanyeol and I'm holding back not to kill you right now because of her." He said then left. 

Chanyeol walks beside Hyosun and holds her hand while looking at her. She looks pale and she has sweat all over her because of her seizure earlier. He cries as he looks at her painfully. "I'm so sorry." He mumbled. "I'm sorry." He repeated and repeated. Hoping for things to be better but for things to be able to be better, the heart must be healed. But how can a person put the shattered pieces of the heart together again?

••••••••••••••••••••••

Hyosun wakes up with the cold breeze outside. She scans her surroundings and realizes that she's at the infirmary. Her phone rings and she answers it. "Hello?"

"Hello dear Mijoo." Her eyes widen hearing at a familiar voice. A voice that first told her who she is. The man that abducted her and revealed her identity. "Remember me?"

"A..Ahjussi?"

"That's it!" The voice chuckled. "Say, how's life? I bet you wanted to continue to learn about your story right?"

"H..H..How did you know my number?"

"I don't think that's important right now. Do you want to know more about yourself? I can tell you more about it. I'll send the place. I'll be waiting~" the call ended and she started shaking. She does wanted to know all about her but she's scared to do it alone. She knows that if she goes, she might end her life by then. She gets out of the infirmary and finds herself in front of Chanyeol. He was quite surprised seeing her presence in front of him too. He finds her hands shaking thought he didn't know why. 

"What's with you?"

"I know you despise me right now but I'm going to do things the way I wanted it to be." She said. "I love you. I still do." She said and started crying. His eyes widen in surprise. "I'm sorry. I really am. I'm sorry for being insensitive. I'm sorry for you meeting someone that is troublesome like me. I'm sorry for everything. But even though I'm like this.. I still love you. I madly love you Chanyeol.. I really love you." She steps back and runs away.

Chanyeol flushes as he covers his face with his arm. "." He exhales and opens his eyes. "She got me again." He said and runs after her. He sees her taking a taxi out of the school and followed her.

"Ahjussi, please take me to this place." she gives the driver her phone and he reads the address. He nods telling her she got it and she sets back on her seat. She ended up at a house. She walks inside with her hands shaking and continued on walking. "H..Hello? Ahjussi?" 

"Come in." The man smiled and welcomes her in. Things seem to be strange for Hyosun. She's been invited to a house which was unexpected. She thought that she's going to be invited at an abandoned place and will be held out as a captive. "Here, have some tea."

"Ah yes..." 

The man chuckles. "Don't worry, you won't be hurt. I'm just going to tell you everything." Hyosun sips on the tea as the man smirks. He handed her an envelope and gestured her to open it. "I think you're curious as to who am I knowing all about you huh? Well let me introduce myself properly. I am Soo Namjoon. I am the brother of Soo Taejoon. The person whom your precious father killed." Her eyes widen in surprise. "And to continue my family tree, I have a niece, two of them. Soo Haeyoon and Soo Haekyung."

Hyosun gasp in surprise and stopped drinking her tea. Tears started to fall from her eyes as she shakes her head in disbelief. She opens the envelope and sees documents that can tell that what this man is saying right in front of her are true. "I know you're curious as to why these things are happening. Well, it turns out that you heard everything from that Detective so I'm going to sum up everything for you dear." His smile faded and he started to look at her in a bad way. "At first we're at fault, but the later? You stupid parents are at fault. If your mother didn't meddle in the first place, no one will be killed and if my brother wasn't killed, my sister-in-law won't kill herself and my two nieces would probably still have a parent by their side right now!"

"Uncle, you should've act too much." Haeyoon chuckled as she sits beside Hyosun. She leans closer and smirks. "Though your parents are the main reason why my mother commit suicide." She continued shaking in fear. She tries to take all of it but everything doesn't sink in.  Her sight becomes blurry and sooner, she fainted. "Eh? Over already? Uncle, you placed too much on her drink." 

Namjoon chuckled. He stands up and carries Hyosun up in the room. She places her on the bed and locked her up. "It's time to leave my dear, things will get hotter this time." He chuckles and lights a match on the place where gas is all over. "Goodbye Lee Mijoo." He mumbles and drops the match, lighting the whole place with fire.


Update ^^ Last 2 chapters left :D I hope you guys are enjoying this ^^ Thank you for the new subscriberss~~ Keep safe always everyone!!

-ninakim0428_inspirit