Chapter 2

What If...

Hyosun


"Okay spill it out." Oppa asked. I am currently in a hot seat right now because of what happened earlier. They are now asking me why Chan beat Byunghun. I can't answer that I just let him in! I'm going to be killed by them! "Chanyeol even asked me for our passcode! Tell me Hyosun, who's that guy?!"

Chan asked for our password? That's odd. Now that I think of it, Baek came too. I don't remember calling them though. How come that even though I didn't call them, they are always there to save me? 

I explained what happened to oppa and he explodes in anger. "WHAT THE HELL HYOSUN?! WHAT WILL YOU DO OF THEY DIDN'T COME EARLIER HUH?!"

"But they came! Mom save me eo?" 

"Sorry dear, but I'm with your brother." She replied and continued cooking. 

"Mom!"

"He has a point Hyosun. What will you do if Baekhyun and Chanyeol were too late?" She said and slides a tupperware in front of me, "Give this to them okay? Tell them that your thankful."

I grab the Tupperware and stood up. Mom's right. They have always been there for me. Even when Fubu was gone (Fubu's my pet dog by the way) they kept it a secret and bought me a new one just like Fubu. Oh, I call my pet now Fubunew because the original Fubu was gone. They bought it for me because I kept on crying all day. They only told me the truth when I'm already ten. But they made a big mistake because I cried all day long and made a funeral for Fubu. 

Anyways, back to future. I headed out to give the food to Baek and Chan. I headed to Baek first since Mom told me that his parents were still out for work today. They're both doctors and they're working at the same hospital as Oppa. They're the ones who helped him get in so yeah, I pressed the doorbell and waited. I'm an impatient person so I pressed again and again. "Baek? Are you in? I'm coming in okay?" I muttered. I know the passcode at their house since his mother told Mom in case of emergencies. 

"Baek?" I called. Is he not in? I headed upstairs where his room is and opened it. "Oh my god."

BYUN BAEKHYUN'S WITH A GIRL! "YAH AHN HYOSUN! Don't you know how to knock?!"

"I pressed your doorbell a numerous times but you're not answering so I thought something happened!"

The girl scoffed. She Song Ahreum from the other class. I didn't realize that these two were dating! I really can't believe that Baek kept it as a secret from me! "So Hyosun-ssi can come in and out of your house anytime? Wow." She said in sarcasm.

"Well yeah, Yeol and Hyo come often."

"Wow, now I'm starting to doubt if you both are just childhood friends!"

"Um.. We're really are don't worry." I said. Baek looked at me and his expression just changed. "I'm mad at you Byun Baekhyun! How can you keep it as a secret?!"

I exclaimed and left. Does he really don't consider me as a friend?! He kept it as a secret! He has a girlfriend and I don't know it! I slammed his door in anger and went back to my room. I saw Chan playing with Fubunew and I stared at him. 

"What are you doing here?"

"Oh you're back?" He said rubbing Fubunew's tummy. "Your Mom called me for dinner as a thanks."

"She did?" Then why make me deliver this food?! OH WAIT. BIG NEWS. "CHAN YOU WON'T BELIEVE WHAT I JUST FOUND OUT!"

"What?"

"BAEK GOT HIMSELF A GIRLFRIEND!"

"Oh, a new one?" 

"New? WHAT DO YOU MEAN NEW?! HE ALREADY HAVE SEVERAL RELATIONSHIPS?!"

"YAH AHN HYOSUN!" My door slams open and I saw the traitor.

"Oh, hello traitor!" I exclaimed.

"Hey, lower your voices. Fubunew’s gets scared." Chan said covering my dog's ears.

"HOW COULD YOU STEP INSIDE MY HOUSE LIKE THAT HUH?! DON'T YOU KNOW HOW TO KNOCK?!"

"Wow! I SHOULD BE THE ONE GETTING ANGRY WITH YOU SINCE YOU KEPT YOUR 'RELATIONSHIPS' WITH ME! CHAN KNOWS IT TOO!"

"Oh, we're not dating anymore. We just broke up." His voice lowered down and said. 

"Wait what?" Am I hearing this right? He just broke up with a girl?!

"He always breaks up with girls. His longest is up to a week." Chan added. "Oh? Did you just pee Fubunew?"

My jaw dropped with what I just heard. I'm mad at these two right now. How can they keep this from me?! I slam my door open and ran outside. I don't want to see those two right now. 

••••••••••••••••••••••

"Hyosun!" Baekhyun called but Hyosun didn't look back. "Is she mad?!"

"Looks like it." Chanyeol said while wiping Fubunew's pee. 

"Will you stop playing with that dog?! We have to go after her!" Chanyeol nods then picks up Fubunew and the two of them chased after Hyosun. 

"She's throwing a temper again huh?" Hyosun's Mom said after seeing the two boys run outside.

"Don't worry Mom. It'll work out. Hyosun's important to those two. They'll never let her go." Jaehyun added.

And he's right. When they were kids, Hyosun got mad at Baekhyun and Chanyeol for not buying her ice cream when she sees that they're eating one. She cried and didn't talk to the boys for two days. So the boys ended up asking their parents for money and bought her an ice cream cake which made her really happy. 

They searched for Hyosun everywhere but she can't be found. Which leads them to the place where she always hide whenever she gets upset, the tree house. "No doubt. She's upstairs." Chanyeol said while they both stared at the tree house. The tree house was built for them because Hyosun's such a klutz that's why her parents don't want her playing at the playground with no adult supervision. There's an instance when she fell from the swing. Yeah, such a klutz. They took the ladder upstairs and saw Hyosun crying while hugging her knees. She's too busy crying that she didn't even hear Baekhyun and Chanyeol climbed up.

"They don't like me anymore. What if they don't need me anymore? What if Baek doesn't talk to me anymore? Waah! I don't want it.. They are now keeping secrets from me! Chan knows it too! What if the whole school knows it too? That means... I'm the only one who doesn't!" She mumbled to herself and continued crying. Baekhyun approaches her and hold her hand. She flinch in surprise and looks at Baekhyun. 

"B..Baek?" She mumbled and saw Chanyeol too. "Chan.." Her eyes watered and started crying again.

"UGH! YOU'RE SUCH A CRYBABY! STOP CRYING!" Baekhyun said in irritation and she just continued crying.

"I don't think it’s working." Chanyeol added while carrying Fubunew in his arms.

"Ugh!" Baekhyun growled in anger and pulled Hyosun to a hug. Hyosun gasped in surprise and stopped crying.

"Well that worked." Chanyeol said.

"B..Baek?"

"YOU CRYBABY. YOU'RE REALLY GETTING TO MY NERVES. I HATE IT WHEN YOU CRY AND I HATE IT MORE WHEN I'M THE ONE MAKING YOU CRY. THERE YOU GO AGAIN WITH YOU WHAT IF's! I TOLD YOU THAT I HATE IT WHEN YOU SAY THAT! AND DON'T YOU EVER SAY THAT WE DON'T NEED YOU BECAUSE YOU'RE THE FIRST PERSON THAT INEED IN MY LIFE YOU FREAKING CRYBABY AND IDIOT!"

"B..Baekhyun!!" What Baekhyun said made Hyosun emotional and she started crying again.

"STOP CRYING!"

"I can't!! What you said really makes me emotional!"

"JUST DON'T CRY OKAY?! I'M NOT GETTING ANOTHER GIRLFRIEND SO JUST STOP!"

"What?" "Whoa." Hyosun and Chanyeol said in unison. 

"I'm not telling you to stop getting girlfriends Baek. I just want you not to keep secrets from me."

"No. I'm not getting any other girlfriends because it makes you cry."

Hyosun looked at Chanyeol and smiled. Chanyeol puts Fubunew down and wipes her tears away. "See? Baekhyun needs you and I do too. We're willing to do anything just to make you happy so stop crying okay?" Chanyeol said softly. Hyosun smiled and nodded.

"But promise me that you both will get girlfriends okay? And I'll get a boyfriend too!"

"NO." Chanyeol and Baekhyun said in unison. 

"What no?"

"YOU'RE NOT GETTING ANY BOYFRIEND." They said in unison again.

"What?! You both can get girlfriends while I can't have a boyfriend?!"

"Yeah and that's final." Baekhyun said. "Now let's go back! I'm hungry!"

Hyosun pouted and followed Baekhyun down. "You can only like me Hyosun. No other man." 

Hyosun stopped and heard a mumble. "Did you say something Chan?"

Chanyeol smiled. "Nope. I'm going down with Fubu."

••••••••••••••••••••••

I stared at the table as I see Baek and Chan eating. "Why are you both here?"

"Mom left early. Don't have any breakfast so I went here." Baek answered. I looked at Chan and he blinks in confusion.

"Oh me? Baek asked me so I went."

"Okay?" I replied and took my seat. "Mom, are you not late for work?"

"I'm for the afternoon shift honey."

"Oh." I said and started eating. I stared at Chan while eating. I still can't get over with what I heard last night, or am I just hearing things? I am right? There's no way Chan would say that haha! 

When we finished eating, we headed to the bathroom to rush our teeth. Yeah, they have their own toothbrushes whenever they come over because Mom told us that we have to keep our teeth healthy. So whenever they come over, they always bring their toothbrushes as a requirement. There's an instance when Mom didn't let Chan in and made him go back to his house because he forgot to bring his toothbrush. Well, I can't blame Mom. She's a dentist so she's obsessed about teeth. 

After brushing, we made our way to the bus stop. I felt my phone vibrated so I opened it and saw a message from Byunghun.

Meet me at the rooftop when you get to school. We have to talk. Don't tell those two.

I closed my phone and hid it from Baek and Chan. I know that I wasn't supposed to meet him because of what happened last night. But he's the victim. I'm sure he's not just going to let this go. When we arrived at the school, I did just as I was asked and kept it from Chan and Baek so I made my way to the rooftop.

"Ohhh Ahn Hyosun." Byunghun grins. His face is messed up right now. Chan really did it. Serves you right. "Do you know why I called you here?"

"I'm not an idiot to go here without reasons. Spill it out."

He chuckles and traps me at the wall. Be strong Ahn Hyosun. You can do it. You have to for Chan. "You know that I can mess up Chanyeol's life right?"

"What do you want?"

"Be mine." I scoffed. Is he joking right now?

"Stop joking Byunghun-ssi. Do you think that I'll still agree after what you attempted to do last night?"

"Do you want me to report what Chanyeol did to me?!"

"Then report it. I'll tell them that you trespassed at my house and what you did to me."

"Why you-"

"You're free to do what you want. But when Chan and Baek's getting into this, I won't stay still." I said then left. I did great right? I make my way out and saw Chan and Baek with their jaws dropped. "Oh? Baek! Chan! That's-"

"The best!" Baekhyun said. 

"What?"

"We're so proud of you!!" He said. Chanyeol smiled and nodded.

"You did great Sun. I'm proud of you." He said and pats my head. 

"Thanks! I was nervous earlier haha!"

Baek smiled and hugged me, Chan did too. "No matter what Hyosun. We're always be here for you."

••••••••••••••••••••••

"So you're saying that you misheard him?" Seo Jisoo, my girl best friend asked. Yes, She's a girl. Chan and Baek are not my only friends. Well, I only have a few friends and Jisoo's and Myungeun's the only ones that are girls but still! They count okay? 

"Yeah, I think I misheard Chan say that last night."

Myungeun, let's just call her JIN okay? I'm more used to that, grins. "Why are you looking at me like that?" I asked. She sat beside me and holds my hand.

"Hyosun-ah, I think you've been with boys way too long that's why you don't get it."

"Get what?"

"Haven't you gave it a thought just once? Baekhyun and Chanyeol are boys too and you're a girl! Haven't it once crossed your mind once that they might have feelings for you?"

"Baek and Chan?" I said and burst into laughter. "Hey, Jinnie! That's impossible! That's the last thing that can happen! Ahahahaha!!!"

"Who knows~ have you asked them yet?" Jisoo added. 

"Oh?"

"You haven't. Why don't you ask them yourself?"

Should I? But that's impossible right? Baek and Chan can't have any feelings for me. That's impossible! We've been together since childhood so that can't happen. They only see me as a friend and a sister. Yeah that's all! 

The bell rang and Chan, together with Baek came in. I stare at them then to Jisoo and Jin. Is it really possible? It's not...right?

••••••••••••••••••••••

I stared at the paper in my desk right now. I have no idea how to answer this freaking Chemistry test even though I studied last night! I mean it's science! Why does it have math in it? Why does these two have to merge just to defeat my innocent brain?! I looked at Chan and he's answering the test smoothly! I looked at Baek and he's having a hard time too. Just as I thought! Baek's really a trustworthy friend! He won't leave me no matter what! Chan stands up and picks up his things.

"Chan! Are you done?!" I whispered loudly and hold his hand back. 

"Yeah." He replied and makes his way to the front then passes his paper. Why did God give him such wisdom?! Where am I when God showered this God given wisdom?! Chan makes his way out of the classroom leaving us behind. Traitor! 

I sigh and just guessed my answers. There's only ten minutes left and I don't know half of the answers! The bell rings. Time for my death. "Okay class. Time is up, pass your papers and have your lunch!"

Baek and I looked at each other and frowned after we passed our papers. "I hate it when Math and Science join forces. They're such a formidable opponent." 

"I agree. I can manage science but math..." 

We both sigh in unison and make our way to the greenhouse. Mom packed us lunches so no need to go to the never ending lunch line at the cafeteria. "Oh yeah, Baek. Did you really break up with Ahreum?"

"I already told you yes."

"But why? That's such a shame.."

"Because she told me to stop you from coming over to my house."

"You broke up with her just because of that?"

"Yeah."

I smiled. "That's fair for me then! Both of us are not in a relationship so we're on the same track as I do haha!"

"Then why don't you date me then?"

I stopped on my tracks. I am hearing things again. "H..Hey Baek, can you repeat what just say? I think I am starting to hear things since last night."

His smile faded and that's my only cue that's he is serious right now. "I like you Hyosun."


Chapter 2! HAHA! I’m really liking Chanyeol and Baekhyun right now XDD I hope you guys like it! Don’t forget to leave your comments and subscribe :D Keep safe always and love you all!

-ninakim0428_inspirit <3 <3