Chapter 15

What If...

Chanyeol


On our way back home, Baekhyun and I were supposed to head to the hospital to visit Hyosun but we were told that she'll be heading home so we just headed to their house. We know their passcode because Mrs. Ahn told us in case of emergencies. She won't get mad if she find us in here anyways, she trust us. I glanced at the clock and it's about time that Hysoun will get home but no one is entering that door ever since we both came in.

"That's it! I'm calling! It's about time for her to be back!" I chuckled. Baekhyun's patience is as long as a shoestring. He picks his phone up and I suddenly recieved a phone call from Jaehyun hyung. 

"Hold on, hyung's calling." 

We both can feel that this call won't be good. I just have a feeling that it won't be good. Our faces turned dark as I take the call. She's at the hospital. Because of an accident. We make our way outside and ran to catch a cab. I tried to call hyung again but he's not answering. This ride is the longest ride ever. Please don't let something bad happen to Hyosun. Please..

We arrived at the hospital and run towards the nurse's station. I asked for Hyosun's name and we are given a room number. When we are on our way there, I saw Mr. and Mrs. Ahn with bandages on their body. Suddenly, I felt my heart stop. I look at Baekhyun and I can tell that we're both sharing the same feeling right now. He holds on hand and looks at me dazed. 

"Please don't tell me that when we step inside at room I will see her in a bad situation." He mumbled. I didn't say anything. I'm not sure either. I'm not even sure how will I handle of I see her in a bad situation right now. Her parents saw us and Mr. Ahn just nod telling us to make our way in while Mrs. Ahn cries. We walk our way in and saw Jongsuk hyung holding Hyosun's hand while Jaehyun hyung stares at her.

"Hyosun.." Baekhyun mumbled. Every word that I want to say right now, it seems that Baekhyun's saying it for me. "H..Her eyes. W..why is it wrapped like that?"

I look at Jaehyun hyung and I can't tell that it's not good. "Her eyes were damaged because of the accident. There might be a possibility that she won't be able to see."

I lose my balance and hold on to the wall. Why is it like I feel heavy right now? I feel so heavy like I'm carrying the world on my sleeves. "That's a joke right? Hyung tell me that's a joke!" I finally speak. Hyung just looked down and didn't answer. No. She can't lose her eyesight. She just can't!

"Don't shout Chan." 

We all flinched. She's awake. All this time she's awake. She heard everything. She smiles but tears are flowing through her cheeks. I ran to her side and hold unto her. I don't know what to say. This is painful. For her. For us. For me. "Hyosun!" Her parents rushed in and we all waited for her to talk.

"I won't be able to see Oppa?" She asks.

"Hyosun.."

"Just tell me the truth. I won't be mad." She continues to smile. I hate that smile. I hate it when she forces something to the point that she's lying. 

"Yes. But there's still a chance if we can find a suitable donor."

"Oh." Her reply. It's just a word with two letters in it but I can tell that there's a lot more behind it. Words full of disappointment. Words filled with pain.

••••••••••••••••••••••

Two hours passed since we came to the hospital. The three of us now are alone in this hospital room. This is the first time that I hated this place. I hate it so much that I want to crush it down.

"Why so silent?" Hyosun chuckled. Baekhyun and I have our painful faces as we look at her. We can tell that she's forcing herself again. Like the time when she found out who she really is. "Please talk. If you both don't, I feel like I'm all alone in this darkness. I can't just let you both hold my hand like this."

"Shut up. Don't talk like that. We'll find a donor for you Hyosun!" Baekhyun speaks. She smiles. 

"That Baekhyun's voice. That's good to hear." She smiles. "Chan please speak. Let me hear your voice."

I started crying. We both are. "Idiot. Don't force yourself. Just cry." I mumbled and kissed her hand. She smiles and tears started to flow from her cheeks all over again. 

"Can I do something?" She asks and we both agreed. She places her hands on my face starting from my forehead. I now know what she's trying to do. She's familiarizing herself with us by her touch. She does the same with Baekhyun and we all continued to cry. "I don't like to forget what you both look like. I'm going to picture us all in my head. I'll picture us all like this. Me sitting at the middle and the both of you are holding my hands like this."

"Don't talk like that! We'll find a donor for you! You'll be able to see again Hyosun!" Baekhyun exclaimed.

"But that will be 60-40 chances. I don't want to have false hopes." She replies and wipes our tears away. "Don't cry. I'll be..okay." We stay silent. We both know that she won't be okay. No. We all know that she won't be okay. 

••••••••••••••••••••••

"You found a donor?" Hayoon smirks and continued to spin her pen around. "That's great. Let's proceed with a new plan. I already had it started." She stares at Chanyeol from afar and smiles. "I'll call again. Just be ready with that." She said and hangs up.

She approached Chanyeol and handed him a drink. Chanyeol looks up and takes it. She smiles and sat beside him. "I heard about Hyosun. It must be hard huh?" Chanyeol didn't reply and just sighed. "But I have a solution. Only if you take my condition."

Chanyeol now get everything. He knows who she is and what she has done. "YOU!"

"Now now, no need to be excited."

"WHY DID YOU DO IT?! DOES HAEKYUNG KNOW IT?!" 

"No. Why sister's such a softie. She can't do things like this. It's really burdensome for me to just do it all."

"YOU'RE NOT EVEN HUMAN! I'M GOING TO KILL YOU!" He grabs Hayoon's collar and she chuckles.

"You sure you want to kill me now? Aren't you a bit curious of what I can do to help?" 

Chanyeol grips his fist on anger. He lets go of her and glared at her. "What the hell are you planning?"

"I found a donor." Chanyeol's eyes widen. "But I won't just offer it. I need something in return."

"What is it?"

"You."

"M..Me?"

"Don't worry kid, I'm not going to kill you. I'll just use you to make Hyosun miserable."

"WHAT DID SHE DO TO YOU THAT YOU'RE GOING TO SUCH EXTENT?!"

"We lost our parents because of those siblings! I won't let them have an easy life! If I make Hyosun miserable, that means Jongsuk will be too. Isn't that hitting two birds with one stone?" She chuckled. "So, are you up for it?"

Chanyeol's anger is burning right now. But does he have other choices left from his sleeve? "What do you want me to do?"

"Easy. Get lost then come back."

"W..What?"

"I'll give you three days to prepare. Don't worry. I'll help you get lost. I'll set a place for you to stay and I'll provide everything for you. School and basic necessities. But in return, I will put your name at the donor and you can't have any communications that's connected with your life right now. You'll live a new life."

Chanyeol's face grows darker and darker as he continues to look at Hayoon. "I..I'll do it."

••••••••••••••••••••••

"Dr. Ahn! Good news!" Dr. Choi ran towards Jaehyun and catches his breath. "Hyosun... Therefore a donor!"

"Really?!"

"Yes! But there are still no specific details. They told me that they'll be able to provide us with that in three days."

Jaehyun smiles in relief. "That's great. I won't tell them yet until everything's settled."

••••••••••••••••••••••

Chanyeol walks inside their house and froze. He's about to do something that can scar not only Hyosun but others as well. He clenches his fist in anger. He thinks that he's worthless. He can't even do anything now that he knows who's behind all of this. "Oh Chan! You're back?" His mother greeted. He walks toward her and hugs her. "Chan." His mother sighed. He knows how everything must be so hard for her son. 

"Mom, I'm about to do something bad." 

His mother looks at him and gave him a confused look. They took a seat and continued their conversation. "What do you mean?"

"I know it all. Everything. The one who's behind all of this. Why Hyosun's there right now. But I can't do anything Mom. She told me that I have to make her miserable.." He started to cry.

"How will you make Hyosun miserable? Can you even do it? She's your girlfriend."

"I have to go. Somewhere that is."

"Chanyeol!"

"I'm sorry Mom but I just can't let Hyosun lose her eyesight. I have to get it back for her!" 

"What you're about to do is dangerous Chan!"

"I'm aware Mom which is why I'm telling you. I need you to take care of both Baekhyun and Hyosun. I know that they won't like it if I'll leave."

"Do you think I like it?!"

"I know Mom. I'm sorry but please. Just let me do it."

"Chanyeol.."

"I'll be back I promise. I'll call you from time to time. Just give me time to end this all. I promise that I'll be back." His mother was helpless. She wants her son to be happy but at the same time Hyosun too. Hyosun's been like a daughter to her ever since they were small and she was very happy to know that Chanyeol's been dating her. But now, their perfect world has come to its end.

"Alright. But be careful."

••••••••••••••••••••••

Chanyeol


I headed to Baekhyun's house and entered. I looked around and it's still empty. His parents are still not coming back from their work. "You're late." 

I smiled and ruffled his hair. "Yeah, I just took care of something."

He walks to the refrigerator and grabbed two cans of refreshments and handed me the other one. I took it and we headed to his room. I lay down on his bed and turned the television on. He sat next to me and started playing on his phone. "So, I heard Hyosun's got a donor."

"Yeah." I replied. I know it more than they do. "Say Baekhyun?"

"What?" He replied still engrossed with the new game that he's playing.

"I'm leaving." 

He loses on his game and looks at me. His expression changes as he places his phone down. "What the hell are you talking about?"

"I know about it all. Who's the one planning Hyosun's death and all about it."

"Then let's turn them over to he cops right now!"

"We still can't. If we turn them over right now, Hyosun will be blind forever."

"What?"

"I still can't tell you who that it but you'll know. I'm going to need your help though."

I sat up and he continues to listen. "Keep going. I'm going to help you with anything."

"I want you to look after Hyosun while I'm gone. Also, please keep this all from her and Haekyung."

"How is Haekyung related to this?"

"As I said-"

"Alright secret keeper. If you're not telling me then I'm going to find out myself." I chuckled. "And? Where are you going?"

"That I don't know yet."

"But will you tell Hyosun where you'll go?"

"No. I can't even if I want to. So please take care of her while I'm gone."

"I may not know what's going to happen but at least I have a clue." He leans at the wall gives me my jacket. "You know that when you leave without her knowing will hurt her right? Now do me a favor and spend time with her for the last time."

I nod. He's really my friend. I'm not going to doubt for the time as he protect Hyosun.

••••••••••••••••••••••

 

Hyosun


Two days have passed and I'm told that I have a donor. I can finally see again. I smile as I continue to feel Chan's hand holding mine. It's almost pass midnight and he's still here. "Why are you still here? You have to go back."

"I want to sleep here tonight."

"Why?"

"Nothing specific. I just want to be with you."

I chuckled. "Are you here to comfort me? Thinking that I'm afraid of my surgery tomorrow?" I hear him laugh. I felt his presence closer and hug me. I rested my head on his chest as he hugs me tighter. "You're acting strange Chan."

"Why would I be?"

"That's what I would like to know."

"Hyosun."

"Yeah?"

"I am about to do something bad right now."

"Huh?"

"Can you forgive me?"

"What are you-" I felt his lips on mine. His hand reaches for my cheeks and the other on my waist. He continued to kiss me and I kissed him back. I find my hand grab unto his shirt unconsciously and he pulls me closer. I felt something on my cheek and they are tears. I'm not crying though. Is he? I pulled back and held his eyes. "Are you crying?"

I hear him laugh. "No. I just got something on my eyes."

"Chan."

"Wow, you're such a jerk. Why did you stop when we're just getting started?"

I laugh and hit him. Even though I can't see where I'm hitting him, I felt that it landed on his chest. "ert."

He slowly lays me down on my bed and pulls the covers on us. He nudges closer and hugs me. "Chan you're scaring me. Why are you acting like this?"

"I love you."

"Chan.." He's avoiding my question and I don't know why.

"Why aren't you answering? Don't you love me anymore?"

I chuckle. "I love you too." He didn't reply but I can tell that he's smiling.

••••••••••••••••••••••

Morning came and it's time for my surgery. I reach to my side and I don't feel Chanyeol anymore. Where is he? I heard the door open and Baekhyun's voice can be heard. "You're awake?"

"Yeah. Where's Chan? Is he with you right now?" I asked.

"No. But he's acting strange last night. He ate chocolate cake last night. He hates that. He even played a game with me and told me his secret in winning that."

"He did that to you too?"

"What do you mean too? Did he act unusual with you too?"

"Yeah last night. He even slept here."

"Something's up."

"Baekhyun please look for Chan.."

"I will. I'll look for him after you get inside." I can feel his presence closer and he hold my hand. "Don't worry. The first thing that you'll see after you wake up is Chanyeol and I."

I smiled but I'm having a strange feeling and I don't like it.