Chapter 14

What If...

Hyosun


I opened my eyes and I find myself at the hospital. I sit up and I feel weak. I felt a hand on mine and I saw Baekhyun sleeping beside me. Did he sleep like that? He flinches and looks around. He finds me awake. "HYOSUN! Are you alright? Do you feel well?!"

"Water.." I said. 

"Okay, wait a moment!" He rushes to get me some water. I feel bad. He must've stayed like that the whole night. I don't even know how long I am sleeping. 

"What happened?" I asked. 

"Somebody placed honey on your food. Your allergies came up."

"Oh." So I guess I really did see that ahjussi. I feel weak. I don't usually feel like this whenever I get my allergy. I normally just sleep it off and I'm well when I wake up. But now, I feel weak all of a sudden. "Where's Chan?"

"He stayed back there. He told me he wants to find the culprit."

"Oh."

"Oh right, Jaehyun hyung told me that Jongsuk hyung's here too. Somebody placed honey in his water."

"W..What?! Take me to where he is!"

"Calm down. He's fine and he's still resting. Jaehyun hyung told me not to let you go off on your own so just rest. I'll take you to him when you get better."

I but my lip in anger. They can do this to me but they can't do it to my brother. Why do they despise us this much? What wrong have we done to them? Why can't they just let us live peacefully? The door opened and we both look to see who entered and it's a doctor. "Oh you're awake?" Soo Hayoon. That's what her name plate says. She's pretty.

"Hello.." I greeted. 

She smiles and checks on me. "You're Jaehyun's sister right?"

"Yes."

"So, how are you feeling? I heard it's your allergies."

"Yeah, but Doctor, I feel strange."

"Really? Why? What do you feel?"

"I don't know. I feel weak. Normally, I happen to sleep it off and I'm better. But now, I just feel weak."

"Hmm.. I think I have to make some blood work on you. I'll get the nurse and have your blood check okay? For the meantime, just rest here."

"Yes. Thank you." I smiled and we watch her leave. "She's pretty don't you think?"

Baekhyun didn't reply and just stare blankly. I chuckle. I think he just got love struck. "What's wrong? Love at first sight?"

"No. I think she looks familiar."

"Really?"

"Yeah, I think I might have seen her somewhere." He continued to think. That's his personality. When he wants to know something, he won't stop until he gets it. "Ah! I think I've seen her at Haekyung's house when we went to your house!"

"Really? Then she must be Haekyung's sister! Wow, now that you said that, she looks a bit like Haekyung!"

"Who looks like whom?" 

"Chan!! Haekyung!" I exclaimed. Chanyeol and Haekyung are here!

"How are you feeling?" Chan asks.

"I feel a bit weak but Haekyung's sister told me that I'm going to be fine if I get my blood tested."

"So you met my sister?" Haekyung smiled. 

"Yeah! She looks so beautiful!"

She chuckles. "I thought so too. She has numerous suitors since she's in college."

"Really?" 

The door opens and I see Seyeon unnie and Jongsuk oppa. "Oppa!" He smiled and sat next to me. "Are you alright? You don't have to go here!"

"I want to see you."

"He insisted on going when he heard what happened." Seyeon unnie said. 

"Are you alright?" He asks.

"Yeah, I'm having my blood tested and he doctor said that I'm going to be fine."

"That's great then.." I looked at oppa and he doesn't look good. I think the culprit placed too much honey in his water. 

"Oppa.."

"I'm fine." He smiled and then he looks at Baekhyun and Chanyeol. "Please look after her. I'm just too weak to do something right now."

"We will hyung. Don't worry." Baekhyun replied. 

"Baek, can you help oppa to go back to his room? He has to rest."

"Okay." He replied and he stands up. He assisted Seyeon unnie back to his room and closed the door. I reached for my phone and called Jaehyun oppa.

"Hello?"

"Oppa, where are you?"

"You're awake? I'm in a middle of something."

"Surgery?"

"No. I'm not at the hospital. I'm talking with the detective about the incident and he told me that someone is indeed following the both of you."

I clenched my fist. They really are into this huh? "How about Mom and Dad?"

"They're at work right now so you don't have to worry. I have someone following them too."

"Alright. Be careful."

"I will. See you later. I'll come over and check on you."

"Okay." 

I said them hang up. I have to make a move and fast. If this goes on, somebody might even die.

••••••••••••••••••••••

"Unnie, you don't have to do it. Please stop!" Haekyung pleaded. 

"I see that you already have the attachment with that girl Haekyung! You have to remember who they are!" Hayoon said.

"I know what I'm saying but you don't have to kill her!"

"You forgot huh? Why do you think we went back to Korea huh?!"

"Unnie!"

"Shut up and go home. I'll take care of things here." Hayoon sighed and opened the door for Haekyung. "Don't ever think of doing something wrong Soo Haekyung."

Haekyung sighed and left. She doesn't really want to have their revenge. She just wanted to know the truth about their parent's death. She headed to the parking lot and waited until their car arrives. She gets in and leaned at the window. "Seems like you're having a bad day ahgassi."

"You did it don't you? You placed honey on their food."

The man smirks and continued driving. "I'm doing it for the two of you. You're parents entrusted you both to me so I am here to avenge their death."

"Ahjussi! They don't even know what's going on! They don't know our parents!"

"Their parents planned their death ahgassi."

Haekyung groaned in frustration and ruffled her hair. When she got home, she threw herself on her bed and squealed. "Ugh, I hate this." She mumbled. "Now Hyosun's really in danger. She might kill her for real.."

••••••••••••••••••••••

Hyosun


I sigh as I scrolled down on my phone to entertain myself but guess what phone. You fail to do your duties. I'm not entertained. I glanced at the clock and it's already 11:30 PM. It's already thirty minutes before midnight and I'm here at the hospital alone, waiting for drowsiness to come and take me. I sigh and threw my phone on the side and looked around. That's it. I'm bored.

"Why are you still awake?"

"Chan." He smiles and climbs on the bed beside me. He nudges me to move and I chuckled. I move a bit and he places his arms around me. "What are you doing here? You should go back."

"My girlfriend's stuck in here and I think that her phone's not satisfying her boredom."

I smile. He knows me too well. He pulls me closer and Makes me lay on his chest and I did. I rest my head on his chest and I can hear and feel his heart beat fast right now.. Just like mine. We now share same heartbeat. I smile and hug him back. "I missed you."

"That's music to my ears princess." I smile. He hugs me tighter and wraps his arms around me a little bit more. "I promise that I'll find the culprit. I'll make him pay for doing this to you."

I don't answer. If I answer, I may say something that can make him dig deeper even more than this. I know that if he gets involved, Chanyeol might in trouble too and I don't want that. "Just let it go. I'm fine. Please don't get involved." 

He looks at me and touches me. His eyes are full of worry and I want to wipe it all out. I don't want him to worry. I hate my life. I hate it to the extent that there might be chances for my loved ones to get hurt. "How can I not get involved when you're getting hurt?"

My heart melts at his voice. I didn't expect for him to have this effect on me. We've been together since we were kids and this is the first time that I felt like this. "I don't want you to get hurt Chanyeol. Just stay out of it. I know that of you dig dipper, you might get involved too and that's the last thing that I want to happen. I can't live without you."

"Then if you're me, can you stay out of it?" His expression changes. It's like the light turned into darkness. I know he cares for me as much as I care for him. But I learned that these people that we're up against are not ordinary. They are willing to kill just to get this hospital.

"Chan please don't okay? If something bad happens to you I don't-" his lips met mine and my eyes widen in surprise. He pulls out and smiled. "I need your respect. You're learning to shut me up with a kiss."

"Do you hate that?" 

"No." I smiled.

"Then I'll shut you up more often." I laugh. He leans close again and his lips met mine again. He holds me close and then my arms wrapped around his neck as I kiss him back. I pulled back and he frowned in disappointment. 

"We can stop now." He chuckles. "Chan I need to rest so get out."

"I refuse. I'm going to stay with you until you get better."

"You're stubborn."

He smirks. "Yes, but I'm yours."

I laugh. He's witty. I don't think I can win him over with words. He lay down on my bed and he pats the space next to him. "Don't tell me you're going to sleep with me? If that and Oppa sees you first thing in the morning you're going to be killed."

"They won't kill me. You'll die of I do."

I sigh in defeat and lay next to him. He nudges close and places his arm on my hips hugging me. I close my eyes as I can feel him close. His warmth. This guy. I love him.

••••••••••••••••••••••

I wake up. Morning came. I look to my side and Chan's gone. I sit up and the nurse comes in with a little silver tray on her hand. She smiles and she places the tray besides me. I looked at it and it's syringe. She's going to get my blood.

"You need to have your blood check." She says.

"Yes, I was informed." She grabs cotton and puts alcohol in it and disinfects my arm. I stared at the needle and gulped. It's going to pierce right through me. Shoot. I hold my breath for a second and watch as she takes my blood. I think I'm going to be sick again. 

"You hold it in quite well." She smiles. "Rest. Your boyfriend told me that he's just going to buy some breakfast."

"Ah yes." 

Boyfriend. He told them that he's my boyfriend. I smile and leaned back on my bed. I sigh and I suddenly feel dizzy. I think it's because of me seeing my own blood. This is the first reason why I'm definitely not going to study medicine. I'm going to die just by seeing blood. I can't even imagine how it's like when Jaehyun oppa steps inside the operating room and perform a surgery. I want to get out of here.. FAST.

The door opens and Chanyeol steps in. He looks at me and smiled. "You're awake?"

"Yeah. I just got my blood taken away from me. Now I feel dizzy." He chuckles. He gives me a cup of water and ruffled my hair. 

"Relax and drink that. I bought us breakfast. So you have to wait. I have to prepare it."

"I can help. I can stand now."

"I thought you just said that you feel dizzy."

"Not anymore." He chuckles.

"No just stay there." 

And I was defeated. I really can't defeat him with words. He places kimchi at a small container and pours hot water on the ramen and shut it close. He starts the timer on his phone and placed it on the table. He's really a perfectionist. He pours hot water on our cups next and puts he coffee powder on his and he choco powder on mine. I smile. He knows that I don't drink coffee. After ten minutes, he places all of our food on my table and hands me my chopsticks.

"Now eat."

I nod. "Thank you."

"It's nothing." He smiles. "Thanks for the food."

"Thanks for the food." I repeated and we both started eating. Chanyeol's presence differs now unlike in the past when we eat ramen. I grabbed some kimchi and ate it. Suddenly, I lose grip of my chopstick. I feel weak again.

"Hyosun! Are you okay?"

"I feel weak all of a sudden.." 

"Wait here. I'll call Jaehyun hyung!"

I nod and watch him leave. Something's strange. Ever since I got here, I feel strange. Like.. Like something's wrong is going on with my body.

••••••••••••••••••••••

Chanyeol


I step outside the room as Hyosun gets check. I'm worrying. I'm now worrying like hell. I think I'm going to die worrying. Please don't let it be something bad. I leaned on the wall and closed my eyes. Still hoping badly. I hear footsteps and I think it stopped in front of me. I opened my eyes and saw Haekyung's sister standing in front of me.

"She's really precious to you isn't she?" She smiles and asks.

"Yes. She's my everything." She nods.

"You can do anything for her?"

"Anything. I have to protect her."

"Really huh? We'll see how far you're willing to protect her." She said and leaves.

I watch Haekyung's sister as she leaves. Somehow, what she said just now seems different. Like 

something's wrong. I shake the feeling off and saw Jaehyung hyung leave the room. I approached him and he smiled then pats me on my shoulder.

"How is she? Is it something bad?"

"Not really. She's going to be alright. She can go out in the afternoon."

I sigh in relief. "Thanks hyung!"

He nods. "It's nothing. She's my sister. I have to get going and proceed to my rounds."

"Okay." I walk inside and saw Hyosun sleeping. I smile. She really looks beautiful right now. She's my sleeping beauty and I'm going to be her prince. I'm going to protect her even if it's the last thing I'll do.

The door opens and Baekhyun walks in. He looks at me and chuckled. "You really stayed?"

"Of course."

"How is she?" 

"She's fine. Hyung told me she can go home in the afternoon."

"That's great."

He sits beside Hyosun and caressed her hair. "I discovered something Yeol."

"What?"

"That I don't care if she won't become mine as long as she's happy. So," he looks at me and smiled. "I won't care even if she ends up with you anymore."

I smile and nod. "Thanks."

"But if you make her cry, I'm going to take her back."

"Don't worry. That won't happen."

••••••••••••••••••••••

Haekyung sits up and let everything sink inside her. She gets off her bed and saw a note on her table. 

Things are going to end today. Today will be her last day. 

Her eyes widen and rush out from her room. She checks each room and they're empty. She's alone in the house which means the chances that Hyosun can die will be high. She grabs her phone and called Hyosun. It's half pass noon and she's rushing to the bus stop. Luck seems to be against her and she gave in to the taxi. She tried calling Hyosun again and this time she answered.

"Hyosun-ah!"

"What's with you voice Haekyung?"

"Where are you?!"

"On my way home. We're riding the taxi."

"Eh?!"

"What's with you? You sound like you're panickin- AHHH!!" Hyosun screamed from the other line and Haekyung heard screeches from the cars. Her eyes widen. She gets a clue what that means. Her sister plotted everything.

"Hyosun?! HYOSUN-AH!"