Chapter 13

What If...

Hyosun


"Ugghhh!! So frustrating!!" I growled in anger in buried my face on my pillow in frustration. I hate Chanyeol. He's so too sensitive!

"First fight already huh?" Haekyung looks at me while washing her face. 

"Ugh! I'm so irritated Haekyung! He's being too sensitive!"

"Well you can't blame him Hyosun. He waited for how many years for you to be his."

"But still!! It's just Baekhyun!"

"Baekhyun who had been his rival for years."

I pouted. I hate how Haekhyung is good with words. She really knows how to shut me up. The doorbell rings and I looked at her. "Open it Kyung."

"You already know who that is. You should go."

"I don't think I can yet. I may say something bad.."

She chuckles and rinsed her face then dries her face with her towel. She walks to the door and opens it. I sneak up and followed her. It's Chan. "Yes?"

"Is she asleep?"

"What do you think?"

"Please let me talk to her eo? I can't sleep with us having a fight."

Haekyung sighs. "Fine, I'll go check of she's asleep." She shuts the door close and looks at me. "Now what do you want to do? He's pleading."

"I told you I can't!"

"You're both so stubborn. I'm not even supposed to get involved in this."

"But you're my friend." 

She chuckles. "Fine." She opens the door and looks at Chan. "I can't let you talk to her."

"What? Haekyung-ah please?"

"No. Think about it. If you both see each other, you may say something wrong because of your emotions. Just let it pass for tonight and talk to her first thing in the morning. Resolve your problem. If you don't, you're dead Park Chanyeol."

Chan sighs in defeat. Now I feel bad. I can't stay mad at him. "Fine. But can you give this to her and tell her I'm sorry?"

"Sure." Haekyun shuts the door close and looks at me with her arms crossed. "He wants me to give this to you." She said handing me a box. 

"What's this?" I mumbled and opened it. Red velvet cupcakes. He knows that I love them. I smile and chuckled. 

"Oh my, look at her. You're already giving in?!"

"I..I'm not!" I exclaimed and sat back to my bed. I received a message from Chan and I opened it.

 

Hyosun I'm sorry. I didn't really mean to get mad at you. I admit that overreacting.. I'm sending you this message because I can't sleep with a fight not settled with you. I hope you got the cupcakes. I saw them at the cafè downstairs so I bought it. I know you like them. I'm sorry Hyosun and I love you. Please don't get mad at me eo? Let's talk tomorrow.

 

I smile and lay down on my bed. I placed the cupcakes on my nightstand and closed my eyes.

••••••••••••••••••••••

I walked to the place where Chan asked to meet me in the morning and looked at him from afar. He's so flustered right now and I chuckled in amusement. I approached him and he flinched in surprise. 

"H..Hyosun!"

 "Why are you so fidgety?"

"I.. I never expected for you to show up."

"Then should I go?"

"Wait no!" He exclaims and stands in front of me. "I'm really sorry." 

I looked at him and he looks very guilty as he look at the ground. I smile and hugged him. He jumped in surprise and hen hugs me back. "Idiot."

"I'm sorry."

"You should be. You're being too sensitive."

"I can't help it. But I promise that I'll do my best not to be."

I smile and nod. "Now let's go. You have to talk to Baekhyun."

"Oh I already did. We just ate breakfast together."

I laughed. This guy really. "You ate breakfast without me?"

"I can eat again if you want to." I chuckled. 

"Forget it-" I think I just saw someone just now. I looked around but we're the only ones around here. Am I mistaken?

"Hyosun?"

"Oh? Let's go?"

"Okay." He replied and took my hand. We headed to the dining table to eat breakfast and I saw Haekyung with an ahjussi. When the man notices us, she bids her goodbye and she looks at us in surprise. 

"O..Oh you're here?"

"Yeah. Who's that man?" I asked. 

"O..Oh! He just asked for directions."

"Oh I see."

"I can see that you're both reconciled now." She grins and looks at me hand that Chanyeol's been holding. I chuckled and nod.

"Ugh, you're both so annoying." Baekhyun said and walks closer to us. I chuckled and ruffled his head. 

"We love you too." 

"Shut up." We all laughed. Jin and Jisoo arrived and we all decided to eat.

I walked to the breakfast buffet table and grabbed my plate. I saw a clubhouse sandwich so I took some. I walked to the sunny-side-up eggs and place two of them on my plate. Afterwards, I grabbed a cup of hot choco and place them all on my table. Chan sat in Front of me while the others sat at the other table. 

"Why are you all seating there?"

"We're letting the new couple have their breakfast date together." Baekhyun replied.

"He already had his breakfast." I pointed at Chanyeol.

"Really? Why is he eating your food then?" Haekyung asked. I looked at my plate and my other sandwich is gone.

"Chan! How can you eat my food?! Eat yours!"

"I just ate one Sun."

"I don't care, eat yours!" He pouts and walked to the buffet table.

"As expected. When it comes to food, Hyo doesn't know anybody."

I rolled my eyes and ignored Baekhyun. I started eating and these are all heaven. I can get used to this every day. Chan comes back with his two plates and started eating. "I thought you ate breakfast with Baek?"

"I just drank coffee because I want to eat with you."

"Traitor." Baekhyun mumbled and transferred to our table. "I can't watch. I'm gonna eat with you."

I smile and watch them both eat. I wish the three of us can stay like this forever. They both give me strength whenever I need it. Also, they are always there to protect me even if I don't tell or call them. These two are my treasures.

After eating, we headed out for the second activity. We all gathered in groups of 4 with six members in each group. At last, all of us in one group. We are all given the task cards on which we can find the tasks inside. "So what does it say?" Jisoo asked Haekyung as she reads the card.

"I think we have to climb that obstacle course."

"E..Eh? C..Climb? But that's too high.." I hate heights. I can't even stand looking at the rooftop. It makes me sick. I guess that's one of my weaknesses along with my allergy. As expected, my childhood friends know it. They looked at me worried and now I don't know what to do. I can't let my team fail just because I'm afraid.

"Hyosun-ah, aren't you afraid of heights?" Jin asks.

"Y..Yeah. But I think I can force myself."

"Are you sure?" Jisoo asks.

"Yeah.. I think I can manage."

"Does it state that we have to go individually?" Chanyeol asks.

"No. It doesn't state anything. It just says that we have to go to the other side and complete the puzzle." Baekhyun said.

"Okay." Chanyeol said. He faced me and smiled. "We'll go with you so you don't have to worry."

"Yeah, I'll go ahead of you so that I can assist you while going up while Chan will go after you so that if ever you fall he'll be able to catch you."Baekhyun said.

"Wow, you're really lucky to have these two as your best friends." Jin said and I smiled. The three of them went ahead while the three of us waited. It's really too high and the support that I have is this safety helmet and I have to get there by the help of the rope. I think I'm going to be sick. Baekhyun starts climbing and he gives his hand to me. I'm trembling right now. I can't even look.

"Hyosun you have to open your eyes." Baekhyun said.

"I..I can't... I can feel it.. I can feel that we're high already."

"Just look at me. You can do it." He said softly. I slowly opened my eyes and saw Baekhyun smiling. He hold my hand tightly and we continued climbing. "Just a few more Hyo." I nod and just fixed my gaze at him. Before I knew it, I climbed it.

"I..I did it." Baekhyun nods. 

"Yes you did." 

Chanyeol arrived last and pats me on my head. "I'm proud of you." I smiled and nod.

"Thanks to the both of you."

"Now time for the fun part~" I nod. We slide our way down and it's fun. We walked to where the others are and starter putting the puzzle together. We are placed second at the challenge. Even thought we didn't win the first place, I'm still happy that we did it. The others are too.

••••••••••••••••••••••

Dinner time came and they all went to the dining hall after changing their clothes. Hyosun and the others sat at one table and the waiters started to serve their dinner. They all started eating the appetizer and they all enjoyed it. After eating the appetizer, Hyosun looked suspiciously at the main course. 

"What's wrong?" Chanyeol asked.

"Oh? Nothing." She replied. *Did I smell honey in this?* she thought and checked her food. "There's no honey in this right?" She asks.

"Hell no Hyosun. It clearly has no honey in it." Jisoo replied.

"Okay." She replied and started eating. *I guess it's just me.*

The man smirked as he watches Hyosun eats her special food. He specially placed honey on Hyosun's food because he knows that Hyosun had the allergy. Hyosun suddenly felt a throbbing feeling in her chest and choked. "Hyosun!"

"I can't..breathe."

"So careless Mijoo-ah." The man said and left.

Chanyeol held Hyosun in his arms and let her drink some water. "What's wrong?!"

"I..I don't know.."

Baekhyun tasted her food and the taste of honey clearly can be tasted. "Her food had honey in it!"

"What?!" Chanyeol took Hyosun in his arms and headed outside. Baekhyun called for a taxi and they headed to the hospital. Hyosun was given medication and was asked to rest. Chanyeol called Jongsuk but he's not answering so he called Jaehyun.

"Hello?"

"Hyung! We're at the hospital. Hyosun's got her allergy!"

"Her too?"

"What do you mean?"

"Jongsuk's here too. His girlfriend told me that somebody placed honey in his water."

"Then, somebody placed honey at Hyosun's food too?" 

"That may be the case." Jaehyun replied. "Wait for me. I'm heading to where you are right now. Hyosun can't stay there. I think they're both being followed."

"Alright. I'm going to ask Haekyung to bring all of her things in here so you can pick her up."

"Alright. Thanks." 

Chanyeol did call Haekyung to bring Baekhyun and Hyosun's things to the hospital. He decided to let Baekhyun go with her while he go and search if the one who's responsible for this is still there. He clenched his fist in anger and run his fingers through his hair in frustration. "That man must've followed us on our way here." Chanyeol said.

"I think so too."

"Go with her Hyun. Someone have to protect her with Jaehyun hyung."

"How about you?"

"I'll stay and check if the one who's responsible is still here. I can't let him touch Hyosun."

"Alright."

••••••••••••••••••••••

"So? Is she at the hospital?" 

"Yes.." Haekyung replied. "Unnie, you don't have to go this far."

"I'm just checking if they're really siblings. Guess they are." Hayoon laughs. "Wait. Are you giving in? You can't let your emotion go first Haekyung. Remember why I sent you to that school."

Haekyung sighs. "Yes. I'll keep that in mind." She hangs up. She took Hyosun's medicine box from her bag and threw it at the garbage bin. She bit her lip in guilt and headed inside.

"Haekyung!" Baekhyun exclaimed. She saw Hyosun lying at the hospital bed. She felt guilt rush through her body. She didn't actually want to do it but she has no choice.

"Oh my. Hyosun-ah..." She held her hand and sighs. "Is she alright?"

"Yes. She's fine. Did you bring their things?" Chanyeol asks.

"Yes. Here."

"Thanks."

After a while, Jaehyun arrived and ran toward to where the others are. "Hyosun!"

"Hyung, you're here!"

"She doesn't look good. Where is her medicine?" He asks.

"Maybe it's in her bag." Baekhyun opened her bag and searched for her medicine but he can't find it anywhere. "Huh? It's gone. I just saw her taking her vitamins this morning."

"They planned this too much." Jaehyun mumbled. She carried Hyosun in his arms and headed to the car. "Let's go."

Baekhyun nodded. "Be careful Jaehyun-ssi." Haekyung said and Jaehyun nods. She means it.

"Who do you think is behind this hyung?" Baekhyun asked and placed Hyosun in his lap.

"It's the family who wanted to kill Hyosun and Jongsuk to prevent them from getting their inheritance. I think they wanted to have that money and the hospital. They won't stop unless these two are killed." Jaehyun replied.

 

••••••••••••••••••••••

“So they returned to Seoul?” Hayoon asks.

“Yeah, I heard from Chanyeol that they admitted Hyosun there.” Haekyung replied.

“Well that’s great. My job will be easier.” Hayoon hangs up and smirked. Her door opened and Jaehyun walks in. “Oh, Jaehyun-ah. Still here?”

“Yeah. Noona, I need your help.”

“Sure, what is it?”

“Can you please look after my sister for a while?”

“Sure. What happened?”

“It’s her allergies. I have to attend to another patient.”

“Sure.”

“Thanks noona. I’ll treat you sometime.”

“I’ll look forward to that.” Hayoon replied and watch as Jaehyun left. She chuckles and headed to where Hyosun is. She checked her record and smirked. “I’m disappointed Mijoo. You should’ve finished your food.”

She stares at her with grief and glared at her. “You’re both the reason why we both don’t have our parents right now. Well don’t worry. I’ll return the favor and I’ll let you see your parents again.”


Update! Haha! Thanks for the new subscribers ^^ Are you guys enjoying it? I hope you all do :) Will update soon ^^ Keep safe everyoneee~

- ninakim0428_inspirit <3 <3