Chapter 11

What If...

Hyosun


I sat at Jongsuk-ssi's couch and looked at him. He just remained silent after telling me everything. I don't know what to feel right now but all that I know is that, I'm not mad at him. It's not our fault and it's not Mom, Dad or Jaehyun oppa's fault that things have become like this. I smiled and walked to him and sat at his side.

"Oppa, no need to worry. I'm not mad at you." He looks at me surprised.

"Y..You called me-"

"Yeah. You're my brother right? I'm not mad at you nor am I blaming you for everything. It's not anybody's fault that things have become like this. So don't worry. I know that you're all doing this because of me."

He smiles at me then hugs me tight. "Thank you for understanding Mijoo-ah." Mijoo. It feels odd hearing that name. "I want to ask you a favor."

"What is it?"

"Can you stay here for the time being? I already told them that. I don't think I can rest assured if you're not beside me."

I smiled. "Alright."

"Okay, go rest for now eo?"

"Okay." I walked upstairs and headed to the room the Jongs- I mean oppa showed me earlier. I walked to the bathroom to freshen myself up. I took my clothes off and stepped into the bathtub.

I suddenly feel weak. Mijoo huh? So that's why I can't find her. Because I'm actually looking for myself. Lee Mijoo, Ahn Hyosun. Which is which? I don't even know who I am anymore. I don't know who to blame. I don't know anything. I hug my knees and started to cry. This feeling is too much. I can't show them that I'm like this. It will be harder for them, especially Jongsuk Oppa. He's been alone all this time with just watching me from afar. I feel guilty just be imagining it. I lived happily with Mom, Dad and Jaehyun oppa while he's been living alone. How can I stay happy with that?

I sighed and stood up to dry myself. I clothe myself back and lay down on my bed. I notice myself at the mirror and I look like a mess. I've been crying so hard for just a short while huh? I felt my phone ring and it's Chan. I didn't answer it though. I don't want to talk to anyone for now. I just want to be alone.

••••••••••••••••••••••

Hyosun felt the sun on her eyes and covered it with her arm. She opened her eyes and saw herself on an unfamiliar room but then she remembered everything. She sits up straight and saw her uniform and luggage inside the room.

"They're pushing me away now huh?" She mumbled and get off her bed. She took her time to get ready for school and when she's done, she headed downstairs and smelled something cooking so she walk straight to the kitchen. "B..Baek? C..Chan? What are you both doing in here?"

"We heard about what happened from Jaehyun hyung. He asked us if we can bring your things over." Baekhyun replied.

Jongsuk smiled and approached Hyosun. "Did you sleep well?"

"Y..Yeah. I did." Hyosun replied and forced a smile. Everybody can tell that she's not okay and she did not sleep well last night. They all can see in her eyes that she cried all night. Despite of them knowing, nobody said a thing. They know how hard of must be for Hyosun to be acting all strong in front of other people, which Baekhyun and Chanyeol know the most.

"Let's eat!" She said.

"Y..Yeah!" Baekhyun replied and they all took a seat. They ate breakfast as how they usually do it but this time, they can tell that the Hyosun that they are seeing right now isn't the Hyosun that they know. They finished breakfast and headed out.

"I'll be going then oppa." She said. 

Jongsuk smiled and hugged her even though he knows that she's been keeping all the pain for herself. "Be careful."

"I will." She replied and they headed out to the gate.

"W..Wow! Jongsuk hyung's house is not a joke! It's really spacious and huge!" Baekhyun said to break the silence.

"Yeah." Hyosun replied shortly.

Baekhyun and Chanyeol looked at each other in defeat. They haven't seen Hyosun like this before. They all grew up together, slept together and even grew sick together but this side of Hyosun.. They haven't seen it back then. This was the first time. They reached their school and Hyosun still haven't said a thing.

"Sun, did you fill your slip for the field trip? It's due today." Chanyeol asked.

"Yeah." She again replied shortly.

"Hyosun-ah!!! Guess what? Unnie approved! I'm going to the field trip with you!" Haekyung exclaimed in joy.

"O..Oh I see. That's great. I can't wait." Hyosun replied and walks away.

"Oh? What's with her?"

"That Mijoo that she told us about.. It's her." Baekhyun said and Haekyung gasped in surprise.

"She's becoming weaker. I don't know what to do. It's the first time I've seen her like this. I don't see her as Hyosun. The way I see her, she acts like a doll." Chanyeol said.

They all entered the classroom and saw Hyosun staring blankly at her desk. The teacher came in and announces that today's class will be self-study because their ethics teacher is out. Why now of all days? The class rejoiced except for Hyosun and the others. Hyosun stood up from her seat and left the classroom. She walks slowly and it seems like she's not seeing anything when she almost walked straight to the stairs. Luckily, Chanyeol got her.

"What do you think you're doing?!"

"Chan." 

"Look at you!"

"Hey Chan, who do you see right now?"

"What?"

Hyosun is starting to tear up as she looks at Chanyeol. Her eyes were full of pain and sadness as he continues to listen to every word that she's saying. "Lee Mijoo? Or is it Ahn Hyosun?"

"Hyosun-ah.."

"Oh, so it's Hyosun huh?"

"Hyosun snap out of it please!"

"I guess I'm Hyosun when I'm with you."

"Hyosun!"

"And if I'm wi-" Chanyeol shuts Hyosun with a kiss to make her stop. She gasps in surprise and froze. Chanyeol hugs her tight and grips her fist in anger. "C..Chan.."

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry that I'm not there with you last night. I'm so sorry."

"I..It's not your fault. Chan, please don't blame yourself."

Chanyeol smiles. "Hey, whoever you are, whether you're Ahn Hyosun or Lee Mijoo, for me you're just you. The girl that I love the most. I don't care who your family is or what your name is.   So please stop being different okay? It hurts us to see you like that."

Hyosun smiled. It suddenly occurred to her what happened just now. She flushed and took a step back from Chanyeol.   "Y..You-"

"Guess you’re alright now. Let's go." Chanyeol grabbed her hand and said. 

"Where are we going?"

"To get Ahn Hyosun back."

He grabs Hyosun's hand and they head towards the school exit. "Oh, we're cutting school for today huh- WAIT WHAT?!"

"It's fine, just for one day." 

"E...Eh?!"

Baekhyun look at them from the classroom window and watch them as they leave. "You're not going after them?" Haekyung asks.

He sighed and chuckled. "Even if I follow them, Chanyeol is the only one that can bring her back."

••••••••••••••••••••••

Hyosun


I remain seated at the park bench as what Chan have instructed me to do. I just skipped school. A lot of things have happened this week and this is just driving me crazy. I just don't know how I will react to my situation right now. I have to find out who is it that Ahjussi is working for. I have to find out who killed our parents and make them pay for it.

"It's ready. Let's go."

"Huh? What is?" He just smiled at me and took my hand making me stand from my seat. What is he planning? Where is he planning to take me? We stopped and I saw a motorcycle in front of me. He places a helmet on my head and I looked at him surprised. He rides on the motorcycle and starts it. "W..We're riding that? Y..You know how to drive that thing?!"

"Of course. Will I let you ride it if I can't?" I'm having second thoughts about this. I haven't ride a motorcycle before and above that.. I HAVEN'T SEEN CHANYEOL DROVE A MOTORCYCLE BEFORE. "What are you looking at?"

"I don't know.. I'm scared."

"You don't trust me?"

"No! Of course I do! But if something happens to you I just.."

"So you're worrying about me?" I can feel my cheeks heat up. I think I just said something unconsciously. My heart is now controlling my stupid brain. He smiles and pats my head. "You're making my heart beat fast right now." He takes my hand and placed it on his chest. It really is beating so fast... Just like mine. 

"Chanyeol.."

"Please trust me. I really want you back. Let me take you to that place."

I smile in defeat and nodded. I nervously sat on the seat and hold on to him. He takes my hand and wrapped it around his waist. He starts the motorcycle and it goes on. I admit that I am really nervous right now. I hope nothing bad will happen. I close my eyes. I can't look.

"Scared?" He asked and I nod. "Don't worry. I'm here."

I slowly open my eyes and looked at him. It makes me remember the time when we're young. He's teaching me how to ice skate. I can't really move at first because I'm afraid of having a bruise. I don't want to be hurt. Well, who does right? Chanyeol just took my hand just like this. He told me to just look at him and trust him. My feet just started to move on its own and before I know it, I can skate.

"What are you thinking?"

"Huh? Oh nothing special." He smiles and stopped the motorcycle. We ended at the tree house. We skipped class for the tree house. "Here?"

"Yeah."

"We skipped school for the tree house." He smiles and started climbing up. I sighed in defeat and followed him. I sat on my usual place and smiled. Brings back memories. "Why'd you bring me here?"

"Because whenever I take you here, the old Hyosun comes back."

"Chan."

"Yeah?"

"Why do you like me?" I think he was taken back for a second because he flushed. I'm embarrassed right now but I have to know why he likes me. I don't know what it os that he likes about me but I just want to know.

"Why do you ask?"

"I just want to know."

"Well.. I don't know. I just woke up one day and I started liking you so badly."

"Oh." 

I mumbled. So there's no particular reason. Why is it like I'm hoping for him to say something? I hear him chuckle and he sits in front of me. "Just kidding. I like you because you understand me. I like you because you're Ahn Hyosun. I like you because you're Lee Mijoo, I like you because you're my world. I like you because," he leans closer and he holds my cheeks. I sit here frozen. My eyes fixed on his eyes. "I love you."

He leans a little but closer and kisses me. I don't push him away and I don't hate it. I just let him kiss me. I let him. I don't know why. Wait. I think I do. I think. I like Chanyeol. He pulls away and smiled. "You didn't push me away."

"Yeah. At first, I can't tell why. But earlier, you kissed me. And now, you kissed me again. It's the same feeling."

"What is?"

What am I saying?! I think I'm talking unconsciously now.. "Right now, when you're with me, my heart is beating fast like yours. It made me forget everything. Like it's only the two of us. Like my world revolved with just.. The two us."

"And?" He smiled. I think he already knows. He only wants me to say it out loud.

"And I.."

"Yes?"

"I think I like you Chanyeol." I hate you Park Chanyeol.