Chapter 3

What If...

Hyosun


I now stand here not knowing what to do in this situation. Think Hyosun. This is some kind of joke right? Yeah! Baek's good at fooling us so I guess that must be it!

"HAHAHA! STOP WITH THE JOKES BAEK! I ALMOST FELL FOR IT!"

"Y.. You think I'm joking?!"

"OF COURSE YOU ARE! There's no way you'll fall for me!"

"What are you two doing?" Chan comes out from the greenhouse and asked.

"Chan! Just now, Baek told me that he likes me!" I said laughing. Chan looks at Baek quite differently though. Baek sighs and walks inside the greenhouse. "Hey! Wait for us!" I said pulling Chan with me. 

"Forget what I said." Baek said. "You're right. It's just a joke." 

"Haha! See?! I'm not falling with any of your jokes!"

"You don't have to laugh so hard because of his joke." Chan said.

"I almost fell for it!" 

Chan sighed and shakes his head in disbelief. "Just keep eating."

After school hours, I stayed as Chan and Baek went to the place where they usually meet Suho oppa and the others. They like dancing so yeah. They told me that I should go home with them from now on to prevent the incident that happened yesterday. 

"Sehun!" I greeted.

"Yo, Hyosun!" I greeted then we high-fived each other. Sehun's also a good friend of mine. He's also a flower boy along with Suho oppa, Kyungsoo and Jongin. Altogether, they formed a group named EXO K including my two best friends. I'm so proud of them! 

"You're here today?"

I nod. "Yeah, they told me to stay." I said pointing at those two.

"Better stay. Chan might kill someone next time."

"I heard that." Chan said taking off his bag. He walks over to me and pats my head. "Sorry to have you stay. I know how much you wanted to go home but we can't have you go by yourself."

I smiled. "I'm fine! Besides, I get to see you guys dance right? Just take your time."

Chan smiles and nods. "Okay, just stay here comfortably." 

I nod and sat down at the couch. They all changed their clothes and the music. They all danced gracefully especially Hunnie and Jongin. They're really good at dancing. I started to get hungry with this whole watching thing so I searched for something to eat. I make my way to the pantry and saw a cake. I grinned and pick the fork then grabbed the slice of cake. I make my way back and ate the cake while watching them. This cake taste awesome! I wonder what flavor it is~ just hope that there's no honey in it. I'm allergic to it. There's a time when I ate it without knowing, I got hard time breathing and collapsed.

"Okay, five minute break!" Suho oppa exclaimed. 

"Where's my cake?" Kyungsoo shouted from the pantry. 

"Oh? This is yours?! I'm sorry!"

"WHY THE HELL DID YOU ATE THAT!!"

"I'm sorry Kyung! I got hungry so.."

"No Hyosun! Its got honey in it!"

My eyes widen and so does Baek's and Chan. They run over to me to check what's happening. Now eyes are on me and they're all worried. "Are you okay?!"

"Yeah, I think so. I don't feel anything wrong." They both sighed in relief. "I think it's because I only ate half?"

"Let's not hope for the worst though." Baek added.

"Are you sure you're alright?" Suho oppa asks.

"I'm fine!" They all looked at me skeptically. "Really! See?"

They sighed in relief. "Have this though, you never know. It's a medicine for allergies. Just take it with you." Kyungsoo said.

"Heh~ my best friend's always a boy scout!" Jongin complimented.

"I have allergies too. And since I love to cook I never care for what I eat like this careless girl here!"

I frowned. "I'm sorry okay? Now you can all go back to practice!" They smiled and nod. They headed back to their places except for Chan and Baek. "What are you two doing?"

"Are you sure you're fine?" Baek asks.

"For a thousand times yes! And Chan! Stop looking at me like that! Its not like I'm gonna die or something."

"I'm watching you." He said and pulled Baek with him. I chuckled and take my seat. Nothing's gonna happen. I only ate half.

They finished practicing and they're now off to change their clothes. I waited outside to give them some privacy and sat at the bench. I coughed a bit and I think I'm short in breathing in while. I opened my backpack to get myself some water and drank it. "I guess I'm just tired. I'm gonna go home anyw-"

Just then, I felt an uncomfortable feeling in my chest. It started to tighten and I can't breathe. Is it my allergy? "Hyosun!" Sehun called.

"Oh.. You're here?" I said and inhaled more air as I can. I can't breathe properly.

"Sun, are you okay?"

"Chan.. I think... It's my.." I said then out.

••••••••••••••••••••••


"HYOSUN!" The boys said in unison. Chanyeol immediately carried her on her back and called a cab then headed to Seoul Hospital. 

"Oh, Jaehyun hyung? Yeah it's me Chanyeol. We're on our way there at the hospital. Hyosun accidentally ate something with honey on it. Yeah, okay." 

"What did he say?" Baekhyun asked. 

"Where's her backpack? Get her inhaler. It might help her to breathe a little bit normal." Baekhyun nods and searched for Hyosun's inhaler at her bag. He grabs it and places it at Hyosun's mouth. 

"Hyo, inhale okay?" Hyosun nods and did as she was told. "Exhale."

After a while, they arrived at the hospital and rushed Hyosun at the emergency room. "Did you do as I say?" Jaehyun asked.

"Yes hyung." 

"Okay. Just stay here. I'll take care of her." The two nodded and stayed outside waiting for Hyosun. Chanyeol run his fingers through his hair in frustration while Baekhyun leaned against the wall not knowing what to do. They waited for minutes until Jaehyun comes out of the room.

"How is she?!" Chanyeol asks. 

"She's fine now. Good thing you gave her the inhaler. She's always short in air whenever she gets her allergy. I gave her a shot that can help her to rest. She has to stay here for a little while. Can you both look after her? I have some patients to attend to. I'll be back in two hours."

"Sure hyung. Thank you." Baekhyun replied. Jaehyun smiled and left. They both walled to where Hyosun is and sighed in relief. 

"You careless girl." Baekhyun gave her his sarcastic smile and said.

"Take it easy. She doesn't know." Chanyeol sighed and sat at the seat beside her while Baekhyun sat on her left. 

"Guess we'll be here for a while huh?"

"Guess so." Chanyeol replied.

••••••••••••••••••••••

I opened my eyes and smell the hospital scent. Wait what? I sat up and find myself at the hospital. Oh right, allergies. "Oh?" I noticed that Baek and Chan are sleeping beside me. Baek at my left while Chan at my right. I looked at my watch and it's already 9PM! 

"You're awake?" 

"Oppa!" I exclaimed.

"Those two were sleeping for like two hours already. They've been waiting for you Hyosun. I didn't wake them up because I guessed that they may be tired. Guess you could wake them up now." 

"What time are you coming out from work?"

He looks at his watch ten back at me. "Still have thirty."

"Okay, we'll wait for you then." 

"Okay." He smiles then walks back to the nurse's station. That's what I like about my brother. Even though I don't elaborate things, he gets what I want to tell him. 

I removed the blanket on me and placed it to Chan and the other blanket that I saw to Baek. I have my coat for me anyways. I smile as I watch the two of them sleep. I looked at my brother and it makes me happy just by looking at him taking care of other people. I'm so proud of him that he finally achieved his dream to be a doctor. When we were young, He always looks after the three of us. And whenever we get hurt, he always treats us and scolds us afterwards. Weird right?

"You're awake?" 

"Oh Chan." I looked at Chan as he yawns and wipes his eyes. I chuckled at the sight. I will never get tired of that habit of his.

"What are you looking at?"

"My brother. It makes me feel good looking at him from afar. It makes me feel light inside seeing him help other people."

"Yeah, I'm going to be happy if I see Hyun achieve his dream to sing and dance, and you being a song writer." He said patting me in my head and smiled,

I think my heart is starting to beat fast with his smile. Why am I like this? I always see him smile and this is the first time that this happened. 

"Ugh, my back hurts.." Baek said while stretching his arms. "Oh? Hyo!"

"You're awake." 

"How are you?!" He holds my hand and asked then placed his forehead on mine. I gasped in surprise and my heart started to beat fast again. "Does it hurt somewhere?"

"N..No." 

"You're cheeks are red. Are you sure you feel well?" Chan asked. 

"I..I'm fine really!"

"I can see that you're all ready to go."


"Oppa!" "Hyung!" We all said in unison. Oppa! Thank you for saving me on such situation! Wait, what situation?

"Let's go. I'll drive our way back." We smiled and followed him. He greets his colleagues and we make our way to the parking lot. We reached our house and we all went inside. Oppa headed back to his room to rest and I decided to stop by Mom and greet her a goodnight.

"Yeah. It's a bit far away from here but we can manage to move." Move? Is she talking to Dad? "Of course dear. See you in two weeks."

I entered inside and looked at Mom. She looks back at me in surprise and gasped. "H..Hyosun."

"What are you talking about just now? Is that Dad? Are we.. Are we moving out?"

"Hyosun-ah.."

"ARE WE MOVING OUT?!"

Mom doesn't answer me. I continue to stare at her. How can I tell Baek and Chan? We're moving. That means, we're going to part soon. I don't want to. I've always been with them my entire life. How can I just part with them suddenly?

"Yes. We're going to move in two weeks." I looked back and saw Oppa reply.  "It's will be a little too far from your school so I told Mom that I can drop you off before work."

"Y..You all decided without telling me?"

"We've put the house on rent and we're just waiting for a tenant."

"How can you just tell me this flawlessly?"

"We're waiting for a good time to tell you Hyosun."

"Good time? WHEN DO YOU THINK WILL BE THE GOOD TIME?!"

"Hyosun!" Mom called after me but I didn't look back. I shut the door close and locked it. I don't want to move. I don't want to be away from my best friends..

••••••••••••••••••••••

Chanyeol


I sat at the bench while waiting for Hyun and Sun to arrive. I woke up early and I couldn't sleep anymore so I just prepared myself to go to school. I sigh and placed my hands inside my pocket. "Ahhh! It's too cold! What's taking them so long!" I waved my hands and greeted Hyun. He looks at my suspiciously from head to toe.

"What?"

"Are you sick? It's still 6:20." He asked.

"I just woke up early today okay?" I replied. He sighed and sat beside me. He's always the one who arrives early so he's quite surprised.

"Hey Yeol, I found a new strategy to beat you in the game last night!"

I chuckled. "You won't beat me, I'm positive."

"Tch. I hate your confidence." I smiled and shake my head. After a while, I saw Hyo coming out from their gate. 

"Oh! Hyo! Over he-" Hyun shouted but She didn't walked to us and just ran away. Hyun and I looked at each other in confusion then we saw Jaehyun hyung ran after her but she managed to shove his hand away and ran. "Why is she running?"

"I know. She's not in her uniform either." I added. "Let's go after her."

I nod and we ran after her. She passed by the tree house and ran towards the bus stop. "She's riding the bus!" I nod and we ran after the bus we didn't manage to get in. "YAH AHN HYOSUN!" I shouted.

"Let her be." Jaehyun hyung said while catching her breathe. 

"What happened hyung?" I asked. 

"I promised Mom that I'll let her tell you, so just wait for her until she's ready. Now go to school, you'll be late." He said then left. 

We both headed to school but I just can't stop thinking about Hyosun. Why did she suddenly run away? I wonder if something happened. I stared at her seat and hoped that she's safe. The first class started but I can't hear anything. I'm worried like hell about Hyosun. I can't stay still until I talk to her.

••••••••••••••••••••••

After class, I headed to Hyosun's house to check on her. I pressed the doorbell numerous times but nobody answered so I just made my way in. "Hello?" I called. The main door opened and I saw Sun enter. She's holding medicine on her hand and looks at me startled. Her face was a mess with her eyes so red and her hair's been messed up but she still looks beautiful to me. 

"C..Chan."

"What's wrong? Why didn't you go to school?"

"O..Oh that! I.. I had a cold but it's nothing serious."

"Are you sure?" She didn't see us earlier that's why she thinks that I'll believe her lie. 

"Of course!" She forces a smile on her face and said. The main door opened again and her Mrs. Ahn enters. Hyosun looks at her bitterly then back to me. "I'm tired Chan. Just go home okay? I think I may be able to go to school tomorrow. I'm just going to rest."

"Oh, okay." She said and entered her room.

I wonder what's going on. Did she fight with hyung? The last time that I can remember that they fought is when we're fourteen. She fought with hyung because she doesn't want him to move near the hospital so she threw a tantrum and ran away but ended up staying with Me and Hyun. And because Hyung loves her so much, he was forced to stay at home and just bought a car for his sake.

"Chanyeol." 

"Yes?"

"Can we both have a chat somewhere?"

"Ah yes." 

I replied and went to our house. "Just a moment, I'll prepare something to drink." Mrs. Ahn nodded and sat at our couch. I placed my bag down and headed to the kitchen. I grabbed a cup and placed tea on it then went back to the living room. "Here, please have some." She smiles and drinks the tea that I gave. 

"I know you wanted to know why Hyosun suddenly became like that." She placed the teacup down and looks at me. "Chanyeol-ah, you three have been together since you were kids and I am glad that Hyosun have friends like you both."

"Ah yes.. Thank you." Why is she talking like this? She's talking like something's gonna happen. Perhaps..

"Chanyeol-ah, we're moving."