anxious persuasion

In My Heart ... Forever Yours

 

“Chun-ah, you don’t have to this every time you get off from work. A call will do,” Hye Bin said as she prepares dinner.

 

“I need to see the progress of your studio. Those carpenters maybe slacking off,” Yoochun said as he was setting the plates on the table.

 

“Yah! Don’t you trust me? I can handle those people. And, today was their last day of work. I’ll show you the room after dinner. You’ll be surprised at the changes.”

 

Hye Bin placed the food she prepared at the table and both sat down to have their dinner.

 

“Hye Bin noona, it’s been five months since you came to Korea and we never talked about Jae-“

 

“Park Yoochun!” Hye Bin had to cut off what he was about to say. “It’s a topic we settled that we’ll not talk about. I agreed to come to Korea and stay here for a year. After a year, I’ll go back to New York and get on with my life. I’m keeping my end of the bargain. I hope you keep yours.”

 

“I’m sorry that I brought this up. But you need to talk to him about –“

 

“Chun-ah, please. Let’s not talk about this. Just let my keep my promise. Quietly.”

Yoochun sighed. These last five months have been futile of his plans to have Hye Bin and Jae Joong meet once again. He wanted it to be voluntary on both parties. He knows that Jae Joong is very much willing to meet her. Even after three years, he knows that Jae Joong still misses Hye Bin. Behind that laughter is a longing for a girl who went away without saying goodbye. But Hye Bin is the problem. If he push her too much she might disappear again.

 

“Bin noona, this time you’ll regret it. And if Jae Joong hyung finds out there will be a lot to pay. You and I both know it.”

 

“I’ll just cross the bridge when I get there. Now, let’s finish our dinner,” Hye Bin said sweetly.

 

After dinner, they went to the newly painted studio of Hye Bin. Yoochun can’t help but admire the transition of the room.

 

“Now that you have your own studio, you can add some services on your shop. You’ll end up with so many clients that you will not leave Korea for good,” Yoochun jokingly said.

 

“Thinking about it makes me sad. Some of my clients are so warm and nice. I just feel inspired.”

 

“If business is good, hey, how about spreading your name here in Korea?” Yoochun asked trying to get an encouraging answer.

 

And, Hye Bin knows it.

 

“When I have a good reason to stay, then I’ll live here in Korea for good.” Hye Bin answered.

 

During the drive home, Yoochun had been thinking.I’ll make you stay here for good, he thought. I’ll find a reason to make you stay without breaking my promise to you. Three years ago, I promised Jae Joong I’ll help him find you and make you understand everything. But my plan isn’t working as I imagined them to be.