Meeting Each Other Again.

In My Heart ... Forever Yours

 

Hye Bin frozed at the sight of Jae Joong. She turned her towards the table again and gulped down the water from her glass then silently calmed her nerves down. This is not the way I’ve imagined in meeting him again, she thought.

Hyun Joong waved at them. Jae Joong and Junsu feigned a surprise look on their faces. Yoo Chun was suddenly nervous at the turn of events.

As Jae Joong was walking towards the table he felt a pang of pain and disappointed at the reaction of Hye Bin. He didn’t see any sparks from her. She just casually turned her head away as if she didn’t know him. Hye Bin-ah, we’ve met again but you seem further than I have expected. Cold and distant.

“Junsu-ah, Jae Joong-ah, you’re here. Come and join us,” Hyun Joong said. Junsu sat immediately sat beside Yoo Chun while Jae Joong had taken the remaining vacant chair next to Hye Bin.

“Hyung…” was all Yoo Chun could say.

“Oh! By the way, this is Park Hye Bin ssi,” Hyun Joong said. “Hye Bin-ssi, this Kim Jae Joong and Kim Junsu from JYJ.”

“Anyeong haseyo,” Junsu greeted her with a slight bow.

“Oraemanida,” Jae Joong said who was staring at Hye Bin.

“Ne-neh, oraemanida,” Hye Bin stummered.

“You two know each other?’ Hyun Joong aske.

“We’re both from Gongju,” Jae Joong and Hye Bin unintentionally replied together.

“Omo! Look at you two … saying the same thng without knowing it. So that’s what it looks like – Ouch!” Junsu exclaimed wincing from pain as Yoo Chun kicked him under the table. This painful kick had brought back some sense to Junsu who secretly mouthed “arasso” to Yoo Chun.

Jae Joong and Junsu ordered their food and as their food was served the conversation passed around except for Hye Bin who became unusually silent. However, Hyn Joong was oblivious of the tension.

“Let’s have a toast,” Hyun Joong suggested. “To friendship!”

“To friendship!” The rest repeated.

“So, Hye Bin-ssi, how’s it growing up with two popular stars?” Hyun Joong asked.

“Two popular stars? Yoo Chun and Jae Joongie?” Hye Bin laughed.

“Jae Joongie?” Hyun Joong asked. “You must be very close.”

“You could say that.” Hye Bin was embarrassed by the slip of the tongue. She didn’t want to sound so over familiar with Jae Joong as the latter haven’t done anything to ease the tension between them. She was worried that Jae Joong would casually brush her off in front of Hyun Joong.

Seeing the worried face of Hye Bin, Jae Joong explained to Hyun Joong about their growing up times leaving out the cause of the tension between them.

“Hye Bin-ssi, you haven’t seen Jae Joong for a long time, right? … The awkwardness explain it.” Hyun Joong observed.

“Yeah, it’s been a while. But we’ll get around to it later, I guess. It’s a small world after all.” Jae Joong assures.

Hye Bin gave out a small smile as an acknowledgement to what Jae Joong had said.

“Hyun Joong-ah, why a sudden inquiries on our chilhood? Are planning something? Hye Bin noona don’t answer any questions from him pertaining to our childhood. Otherwise, he might use it against me and Jae Joong hyung someday,” Yoo Chun said diverting the topic.

“Hyun Joong hyung, you should introduce us to your female friends,” Junsu begged. “It’s been a while since we dated. We-” Junsu stopped in the middle of what he was about to say the three of them heard a sharp gasp from Hye Bin. Jae Joong suddely held her hand under the table.

 

“Noona, kwaenchana?’ Yoo Chun and Junsu asked.

“Y-yes. I’m alright … I j-just remembered something …” Hye Bin tried to explain.

“Yah! Kim Junsu, be careful on how you say things … Hye Bin noona doesn’t know you well yet. She might think you are a ert  ….”

Hye Bin forced a smile and was half listening to them. Her senses were focused on the hand on top of hers. She slightly turned her head trying to catch his eyes but he seemed to be listening to what the other three were saying.

Then Jae Joong started writing something on her palm.

Jal … isseosseo?

Jal isseosseo.

How’s your work?

Geunyang …

I’ve missed you …

Hye Bin fought the urge to look at him. Hearing those words made her heart skip a beat. Then she wrote back.

Me too…

I have many things to say …

Me too …

Let’s get out of here.

They’ll get suspicious … Yoo Chun seems to know what we’re doing.

Just let him…

Both of them feigned a listening look at Yoo Chun who continued talking to the others.

Cheonggyecheon entrance, I’ll wait for you there even if takes the whole night.

I ....

Please ... I’ll patiently wait for you there.Jae Joong gently squeezed her hand before letting it go.

“I need to go to the restroom,” Jae Joong said. Everyone just nodded and went on with the conversation.