An Answered Prayer

In My Heart ... Forever Yours

Before she could say anything, the hind door of the black car opened. Then she saw a man in his forties emerged from it. Her heart was pounding. The noise around her had seemed been silenced by something she didn’t know. All her senses were focused on the man standing in front of her. It seems also that her voice had been robbed from her as can’t say even a single word.

“Cat got your tongue, kid?” the man said.

“A-Anyeong haseyo,” she said awkwardly giving the man a 90 degrees bow.

“So, you are Park Young Mi’s daughter,” the man said after clearing his throat. The man looked at her from head to toe. “You’re a younger version of your mom. Did anyone tell you that?”

“A few people.” She replied.

“Do you know who I am?” he suddenly asked. The man started walkingslowly. Hye Bin followed him.

“You were the person I wrote to six months ago,” she said as she was walking beside him. “The man my mom fell in love with but didn’t tell him she was pregnant because he was promised to another woman. The man whom my mom loves even to this day but doesn’t want to interfere with his family. The man who my mom wants to protect even from her daughter because she knew that the moment she found out about him her daughter will search for him.”

“I’m glad that you did because if you didn’t I wouldn’t have known. Your mother, Young Mi, was a loving person but she had always been as stubborn as a mule.” 

“What took you so long?” she asked stopping in her tracks.

He turned and said, “To be honest, I have to make sure you are Young Mi’s daughter. I was able to read your letter three months ago. It was piled with other letters. I'm sorry about that. Then I hired an investigation team to find out the veracity of your letter.”

“And?” she probed.

“You are my daughter.” He said it in as-a-matter-fact-tone.

“Does that mean you’re accepting me as your daughter? Can I call you dad?” Hye Bin asked nervously.

“Only if you let my call you my precious princess.”

All the feelings that were so swelled up inside her came bursting. Tears fell from her eyes. Then her dad was on her side hugging her and patting her back as he saw how his daughter needed that acknowledgement.

“Dad ….” she between sobs.

“My precious princess,” her dad hugged her tighter. “How I love hearing that,” they both laughed awkwardly. “All those years that I missed. Watch you grow from being a baby to this young lady I’m holding now.”

“Dad, I didn’t tell mom and Aunt Min Ah I wrote you. I sent the letter before I promised my aunt that I’ll discuss things first with my mom.”

”So what do you want me to do?” her dad asked.

“Can we keep it quiet for a while? I need time to sort this thing out before I tell them,” she replied.

“Hye Bin-ah, I, too, needs to keep this quiet. As you have heard by now, I am married to a chaebol family and even your dad’s family doesn’t like any scandal. They protect their names too much. Inasmuch as I want to shout to the whole that I have a beautiful daughter, I can’t bring you home and introduce you to them. They hated your mother. They blamed her for my being “rebellious” before I married my wife-“

“Dad, it’s okay,” she assured him. They were now in the park. It’s getting darker so the maintenance people started to turn on the street lamps.

“No. I need to tell you,” her dad said softly. “Even to this day I haven’t forgotten about your mom. We may still love each other but we can never be together. There will be a lot of people who’s going to get hurt, including you. My wife’s a very jealous and possessive woman. I guess that’s entirely my fault. I think she could feel that distance between us.” Lee Soo Man explained to her daughter.

“Dad, I don’t need the rest of world to know about my paternity. What I need is for you to accept me as your daughter and get to know you. Hang out once in a while,” Hye Bin said. This brought smile to Lee Soo Man.

“We’ll do just that and don’t turn me down because a boy has asked you out on our date,” her dad teased.

“Daaad!”

“You have two younger brothers,” her dad said, getting serious once again.  "Lee Tae Young is the eldest and Lee Min Woo is the youngest. Someday, you’ll get to meet them. Here’s a picture of them,” her dad pulled out his wallet and showed her a photo of her dad and two good-looking guys in it.

“My brothers …” Hye Bin said the picture. “Can I have this?” she asked her dad to which he answered affirmatively. She placed the picture in her wallet.

“I’m going to treasure this dad.”

“Thank you. I wish I could talk to your mom about your welfare but I shouldn’t’. Nevertheless, I need to take care of you so I initiated to open an account for you. Use the money for daily needs-“Hye Bin cut him off.

“Dad, all I need is your time not your money. Though we are not rich, my mom has provided me with all my basic needs.” She chided.

“Please, honey just accept it. It will ease my mind that you are living comfortably,” her dad said as he gently squeezed her hand. “Here is my number and you can call me anytime you need me.”

Hye Bin took the calling card.

“Dad, it’s getting late. Though i don't want this moment to end too soon but I need to get home otherwise Aunt Min Ah will be worried about me,” she said.

“Yeah, I know,” holding her daughter’s hand they walked to the car which was just a few meters away. “I’ll drop you off to your house.”

“No, dad. Just drop me off two blocks away from Aunt Min Ah’s house. Don’t worry our neighbourhood is safe,” she said assuring her dad.

**********************************************

A/N: Sorry this chapter is kinda long I got carried away 
         kekekekekeke  Enjoy! Don't forget to leave your comments.