Loss for words

In My Heart ... Forever Yours

Hye Bin has been happy with the things that are happening to her. She’s getting good grades, been actively participating some activities at school, getting into student council, boy crushes but so serious and boys from upperclassmen and lowerclassmen noticing her.

 

Then there is her mom who came to visit her when her aunt told the former of the changes but skipping out about their serious conversation about Hye Bin’s dad.

Even his little bestfriend and playmate Park Yoo Chun came to visit her with her mom. Seeing her smiling again made Yoo Chun happy, too. Chun Ah had always about their being bestfriends. The three year gap was nothing when they were kids but when gets into puberty the other always get behind. But that kid had always been mature for his age.

And her Aunt Min Ah was the happiest. For her, Hye Bin’s transition was like a miracle.

Everything seems perfect from other people’s standpoint but not with Hye Bin. She’s still yearning for her father. And, it’s been months since she sent that letter.

Maybe he never wants to see me, she thought. Ouch, that hurts a lot. Or just maybe he needs more time to let it all sink. Yeah, right. Go convince yourself Hye Bin. If that person is interested, he’ll find ways to see you. If not, he’ll have a gazillion reasons not to see you.

“To get out of this melancholy, Hye Bin decided to take a tour of Gongju which she hasn’t seen yet. She asked permission from her aunt and afterwards she went to her room to get dressed. She put on a jacket to avoid catching a cold as the wind could get chilly as the afternoon draws in.

 

 

She rode a bus and was dropped off at a shopping center. From there she started strolling passing through a lot a restaurants, parks, hotels and different traditional and modern houses. Capturing photographs of the beautiful city. For a while, she had temporarily forgotten about her dad and her longing at being acknowledged.

She saw a group of kids ages raging from 12 to 16 having fun by dancing and singing. She captured a photo of them then went on her way oblivious of the whispers and hoots coming from kids. They were teasing one particular kid. 

  

 

Her last stop was at Gongju National Museum. The said museum is housing many of the actual artefacts recovered from King Muryeong's tomb. The treasures are unusual in that they are primarily metalcrafts, including pottery, swords, jewelry crafted from gold, silver and burnt-wood and some excruciatingly uncomfortable looking pairs of bronze shoes. Upstairs a second exhibit focuses on the ancient culture of South Chungcheong Province. It’s a good thing admission is free.  

After an hour and a half Hye Bin was beat. She was thinking of the delicious dinner her aunt would be cooking. Just thinking about it made her salivate.

As she was leaving the gates of the museum, she heard someone was calling her. She turned around and saw an ahjussi chauffeur.

“Park Hye Bin-sshi?” the ahjussi asked.

“Neh,” she answered bowing slightly. “What can I do for you?”

“President Lee Soo Man wants to meet you, arashi,” he said