The Support

In My Heart ... Forever Yours

“Jae Wook hyung, can you please tell us what happened to you and Hye Bin noona?” Yoo Chun asked after they ordered coffee at Starbucks. The four of them agreed to continue this discourse before the night was over. There were few customers so there were no worries for any disturbance.

“Because according to this hyung,” Junsu said gripping fondly the shoulders of Jae Joong who sat beside him. “The last time he saw you guys, you were back in each other’s arms.”

“Jae Joong, when did you last saw us?” Jae Wook inquired

“The night after your high school graduation. A friend had called to tell me that you and Hye Bin broke up. I went to Gonju that night to see Hye Bin. However, I saw you walking her home th-then – then you hugged and kissed,” Jae Joong said.

“Pabo,” Jae Wook said under his breath.

“I couldn’t bear to see Hye Bin with another guy,” Jae Joong continued. “So, I quietly walked away and gone back here to Seoul. Without telling Hye Bin all about it. And, that’s the last time I saw her.”

“Both of you are acting like fools. Both nervous about what you feel for each other,” Jae Wook chuckled.  “As far as I can remember about that night, we talked about being good friends even though we broke up. Then we talked about you. About you giving Hye Bin a chance so you could be together.”

“What?!” Jae Joong was stunned because as he remembered it, it wasn’t working that way from where he stood.

“She loves you, you know. Even at fifteen. But she was also scared of what people might say especially when you always hang around with her every chance you get.”

“Hyung, you should have used a lot of aegyo back then,” Junsu said.

“She’s not that type of girl who’s gonna fall for a guy just because of aegyo. She’s more than that,” Jae Joong argued.

“It could have helped, you know,” Junsu insisted.

“So … what does she do these days?” Jae Joong asked ignoring what Junsu's had just said.

“She’s working as an assistant photographer for a magazine. They do commercial, fashion, glamour etc. Her dad was totally against it as this was not something she studied in college. She has a degree in accounting and advertising however, photography had been her hobby since high school and a lot of people had been praising her skills for it so she gave it a try,” Jae Wook explained. “She had taken some courses in photography and was able to land a nice job.”

“Photography has always been her first love,” Jae Joong said affirmatively.

“No. You were,” Jae Wook stated seriously.

This brought hoots from Yoo Chun and Junsu and a blush from Jae Joong.

“But the Park Hye Bin I know wasn’t interested in that type of photography. She was interested more in street photography, landscape, architecture …” Jae Joong muttered.

“It’s been four years. A lot of things happened. A change of heart.” Jae Wook said. “After graduating college she was supposed to move to New York to get a master’s degree in business administration but that hard headed friend of ours declined that opportunity. I think it was partly because of you.”

“But we haven’t met even once since that night. The entertainment world isn’t too big a place for two people, you know.” Jae Joong countered.

“Probably a girl like Park Hye Bin-ssi wouldn’t approach a guy who has a reputation like yours Jae Joong hyung,” Junsu teased. “Especially when Yuri is always at your side making other girls back off even before you had a chance to see their faces or their intentions.”

 “Jae Wook hyung, don’t let that get you. Yuri is just a dongsaeng,” Jae Joong explained.

“I’ll tell you a secret of Hye Bin. We went out to a noraebang with friends. She got drunk and started boasting that one of your songs was written for her. Here let me show you this video we took of her singing.” Jae Wook took out his phone and started playing the video.

My song’s coming up,” Hye Bin yelled.

“Hye Bin-ah! We don’t need a love song tonight!  We should be partying. Jae Wook-ah, pump up some cool songs!” someone said.

“Yah, if you don’t want to die tonight don’t touch anything,” Hye Bin said as Jae Wook was about to change the song. It was clear to viewers that she is already drunk. “Don’t you know that this song was written for me?”

 "Really? Do you know the composer of the song?”

“No. But I know someone from the band.”

“Aishhh!!!! You’re just drunk!!!!” her friends chorused.

Then Hye Bin started singing ….


Girl, let me prove that my love is real.
I'll give all my love to you. Please trust me.

Midoyo cheot nun ae pan han da neun mareul midoyo
Keu dae e gen ani ra keu mar haet chi man
Na reul kyeong sol ha ge pa ra por kka ba
Kam cheou oa seul ppun i chyo
Sa sil nan keu dae reul cheo eum poat deon geu sun gan bu teo
On chong il keu dae saeng kak e sal e seot chyo 
A chim e nun tteu go cham teul ttae kka chi
Han saeng kak ppun i eot chyo
I believe in you keu dael ba ra po neun i si seon ga deun
Nae ga ka ko itt neun keu dael hyang han a eum mo du dam a bu nae ri
Neo mu suip ke deul ki go sip chi anh eun nae ma eum al go itt na yo
Keu dae na reul hul jjeok tteo na beo ril keot man kat eun du ryeo um kka chi
Keu dae
Sarang eun ka seum i me il deut han seol re im cheo reom
Keu reoh ke sum man hi neun keu ri um cheo reom
Hang sang pyeon ham eobt neun si seon eul chueo yo 
Eon che na chi geum cheo reom
Cho geu man nae ga ma eum eul noh eul suis eul man keum man
Keu dae reul pa ra bol suis eul man keum man
Na ui pa kka i e meo mu reun ta myeon...whoa
Han eob si ki ppeu get chyo
Repeat Chorus
Keu dae
I reoh ke keum dae kyeot e it neun ga myeon
Kyeol kuk en a mu geot to mo reun da myeon
Eol ma na nae ga keu dael sarang haet neun chi
Repeat Chorus
I can't let you go, you are the only one in my life.

 

The video ended with cheers from her friends.

“Hyung, did you see her facial expression while she was singing? She really likes you! You’ve got to find time to meet up with her.” Junsu said getting all excited.

“You three, don’t tell her I’ve shown you this video. I promised her that I’ll delete it but I cheated. It’s a good thing I didn’t do it otherwise, this friend here won’t have the courage to approach her again,” Jae Wook said.

“Chun-ah, arrange something for meeting. A meeting with Hye Bin,” Jae Joong urged Yoo Chun. “Jae Wook hyung, will help me also?”

“What?!” Both chorused.

“I can’t do this on my own,” Jae Joong said honestly. “Chun-ah, you want that limited edition of Marvel Superheroes, right? I’ll get them for you if you’ll help me, too. I mean all of them.”

“Jeongmal, hyung?” Yoo Chun said brightly. “Okay! Consider it done.”

“Jae Wook hyung?” Jae Joong pleads.

Jae Wook nods in agreement and said, “I just hope that this time everything will work out ine. This affair had been dragging far too long.”

“It will!” the three chorused.