connecting worries

In My Heart ... Forever Yours

 

I really need to talk to him, Jae Joong thought.

 

He saw Yoo Chun getting edgy. Yoo Chun keeps watching the time on his wrist watch. The staff handling JYJ and JYJ themselves were called by AVEX CEO, Mr. Matsuura regarding a concert which will be held early next year. The whole production team discussed about the concert for almost four hours.

 

“Okay, that’s it for today. Meeting adjourned,” Max Matsuura said. Jae Joong saw Yoo Chun stood up immediately and dashed towards the door.  Jae Joong saw Mr. Matsuura watched Yoo Chun as he went out the board room.

 

“Kim Jae Joong, please stay. I need to talk to you about something,” Mr. Matsuura called as Jae Joong was about to catch up with Yoo Chun.

 

Junsu caught Jae Joong’s eyes and the former silently asked, what did you do, hyung?

 

Jae Joong shrugged his shoulders. I don’t know, he silently mouthed the words.

 

Junsu went out of the room with a worried face. Jae Joong sat two seats away from where Mr. Matsuura was sitting.

 

After a long silence, Mr. Matsuura said, “I’m worried about Yoo Chun. He seems … distractedly lately. Though he’s always right on schedule, he’s always in a hurry afterwards. Is there something going on?”

 

“I don’t think there’s something going on, Mr. Matsuura,” Jae Joong answered nervously. “He’s just being Yoo Chun and all. You know how he loves being with the nature and doing anonymous charity activities. Judging from photography equipments he’s been purchasing lately, I think he has acquired a new hobby. Photography.”

 

Saying that last word, brought pain to his heart. He gave a small smile. Just so Mr Matsuura won’t see how he felt just now.

 

“Well, whatever he’s into these days, please remind him to be careful. I want to talk some sense to the kid but I don’t want to scare him. I don’t want things to go out of hand, either. Not with the media who’s always eager to pounce on you, guys,” Mr. Matsuura said looking directly into his eyes.

 

“Yes sir. If anything happens, I’ll tell manager-hyung so he can inform you immediately.” Jae Joong retorted wishing this discourse is over soon. It’s making him uncomfortable.

 

“So, yeah. That’s it. I’m hoping for a positive response on Yoo Chun after this. Being the oldest in the group, he’s bound to listen to you.” Mr Matsuura stood up an offered his hand for a handshake. Jae Joong took it and nodded.

 

“I’ll try my best, sir.” Jae Joong said as they went out of the room.

 

XXX

 

Walking towards the parking lot, Jae Joong can’t help but be anxious of the conversation with Mr. Matsuura. There must be something going on. Why would the CEO of AVEX personally talk to him when there are tons of his staff who could do better?

 

And another thing, Jae Joong thought before opening his car. Photography equipment? I’ve never knew Yoo Chun was also into it. I know Junsu was trying his hand on photography but not Yoo Chun. He doesn’t have the patience for that hobby. Jae Joong let out long sigh. I really need to talk to him

 

Photography. JaeJoong said the word out loud. I haven’t literally savoured that word for a long time. And I haven’t thought of you for a long time. Maybe I’m moving on. 

 

For Jae Joong, photography is equivalent Park Hye Bin. The girl who went away without telling him the reason for leaving.