The Mess They’re In (part 2)

In My Heart ... Forever Yours

“Jae Joong, your mom’s here,” his aunt informed him.

Upon hearing this, he went out of his room and helped his mom with the things and food she brought from Gongju.

“Good morning. How are you, my son?” His mom greeted and kissed him in the cheeks.

“Good morning, mom. I got good news for you. I was able to pass the audition at SM Entertainment, eomma,” he announced happily.

“Really? Aigoo! My boy’s finally starting to chase his dreams. Do what you have to do but don’t forget to take care of yourself. And still do good in school, okay?”

“Okay, eomma.”

“Oh! By the way, I saw Hye Bin’s mom and her aunt well dressed up today so I went and asked them what’s the occasion. They told me that it’s Hye Bin’s graduation,” his mom said.

“I wish I could go home to Gongju today but I got school, practice and part time job to attend,” Jae Joong told his mom non chalantly. “I better get going or I’ll be late,” he said hurriedly to avoid further inquiries. He grabbed his bag from his room and on his way out kissed her mom goodbye.

Actually, they don’t have school because of some festival and his part time job and practice are still later in the morning.

He got nowhere to go this early so he decided to go his workplace. He rode a bus and was dropped off a block away from his workplace.

 Hye Bin-ah, you must be the happiest person on earth today. Inspite of everything, you deserve the best. After high school, you said you’d pursue a career in photography. I wonder if you’re mom had consented to it as she wants you to pursue a more stable course …

 I wonder if they are still together ... Jae Wook sunbae, you're one lucky guy. 

Thinking about that night. About her. It still brings pain to him.

Jae Joong had shut down all the communications involving Hye Bin to lessen the pain. It was much better that way. His friends back in Gongju used to talk to him about Hye Bin but he cut them off immediately. They knew his reasons.

To lessen the pain, he had dated other girls and flirted with them but at the end of the day it is Hye Bin he wants.

“Hey, Jae,” one of his co-workers called out. “Why are you so early today?”

“It’s because he might have a date later. Early bird catches early worm and that makes Jae have a longer time with his date,” another co-worker said teasing him. “You know who is Kim Jae Joong? He’s the most sought after guy around here. God, you’re so unfair.”

“It’s because there’s no school today and I got nothing to do at home,” he explained.

“Then you entertain, Go Ah Ra. You know she got a huge crush on you.”

“Sorry, I don’t mixed business with pleasure. Let her resign from her job first then I might reconsider. I don’t want any complications.”

“Kim Jae Joong-sshi,” his co-worker said imitating Go Ah Ra’s voice. “You’ve hurt my feelings. How could you? How could you?” punching Jae Joong in the chest like a girl.

“Hey! Stop it. She might her you.” Jae Joong said laughing as he went to their locker room to change.

xxx                  xxx                  xxx                  xxx                  xxx                  xxx

 

After his work, he went to SME Building for the training. Everyone greeted everyone. Senior-junior relationship is highly regarded as part of work ethics. So, is being punctual.

As he waited for the session to begin, he was approached by Yoona and Yuri who kept giggling.

“Jae Joong oppa.  Annyeong haseyo,” both girls greeted him.

“Annyeong Haseyo,” he greeted back.

“You’re early oppa. You’re session will start after an hour and a half,” Yoona said.

“Oppa, do you have a girlfriend?” Yuri asked suddenly.

“What?!”

“Unnie!”

“I asked if you have a girlfriend,” Yuri repeated.

“As of the moment, I have none.”

“Why?”

“Because there is no time for it. Yet. You know, I got school, my part time job and o course the training,” Jae Joong explained.

And because someone ditched me for another guy.

“It’s better that way oppa. So I won’t have to compete with anyone,” Yuri said confidently.

“What are you talking about, Yuri? You’re not making any sense,” Jae Joong said.

“Jae Joong oppa, I like you. Will you wait for me?” Yuri said with an aegyo.

Will you wait for me?

Jae Joong saw himself in Yuri. It brought smile to his lips but sadness to his eyes. Now, he knows how Hye Bin must have felt like.

“Yuri-ah,” Jae Joong said. “Oppa has somebody he likes. So don’t wait for me okay? Oppa can only like you as a dongsaeng. Like Yoona,” Jae Joong said sweetly gathering both girls into his arms and gave them a brotherly hug. “Now go back to practice or else your voice trainer will get angry with you.”

“Neh, oppa,” they replied.

xxx                  xxx                  xxx                  xxx                  xxx                  xxx

 

‘Yuri-ah,” Yoona said the moment they were beyond the earshot of Jae Joong. “What are you going to do? Oppa likes someone else already.”

“I don’t care. I still like him,” Yuri insisted. “When I’m grown up and beautiful, I’m going to snatch oppa away from the girl he likes.”

“But that’s bad and mean,” Yoona said.

“That’s because haven’t like anyone that’s why you don’t understand my feelings,” Yuri argued.

“Whatever,” Yoona countered. “Let’s go back to the session room, our practice about to start.”  Then both girls went inside

Xxx                 xxx                  xxx                  xxx                  xxx                  xxx     

 

Training ends later than usual. In any other day, Jae Joong would just brush it off. But today he had been bothered by Yuri’s actions bringing a lot of memories. This resurfacing of memories between him and Hye Bin made him realized how he missed her. And that the loneliness is killing him.

His phone started ringing.

“Hello,” he said.

“Hey! Jae we’re at a party of one of the seniors who just graduated. How cool is that?” his friend said screaming through the phone just to be heard since the background music was loud.

“Cool man,” Jae Joong said. “So what’s up?”

“Jae, They broke up. I just learned today,” his friend said in a rapid voice afraid to be cut off by Jae Joong.

“Who broke up?” Jae Joong asked not understanding about what he’s friend is saying.

"Hye Bin and Jae Wook sunbae,” His friend said. “You better-“

His friend got cut off again not because Jae Joong doesn’t want to hear any news from her but because he was trying to catch the last trip to Gongju.