reticence noticed

In My Heart ... Forever Yours

 

“Okay, that’s a wrap!” the director shouted. JYJ had just finished shooting a video for their latest single.

 

“Thank you everyone! Thank you for taking care of us!” the trio chorused as they passed through a throng of staff and crew.

 

“What a long day! Finally, it’s over,” Junsu said as they made their way to their dressing room.

 

“Yeah. Thanks God it’s over. I want a delicious dinner and a warm bath,” Jae Joong said. “Hey, how about a fancy dinner at  SamwonGarden? What do say guys?”

 

“As long as you buy the dinner, we’ll be coming with you, right Yoochun hyung?’ Junsu asked trying to get an ally.

 

“Well, count me out tonight Junsu-ah,” Yoochun answered. “I got another engagement that I need to attend to.” He started placing some stuff in his bag the moment they entered into their dressing room. “Some other time, okay? Jae Joong hyung, please tell manager that I’ll be home before midnight.” Yoochun grabbed his bag and went out of the room.

 

“Jae Joong hyung, what’s wrong with Yoochun hyung?”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“He had been acting strange ever since he came back from that exhibit in New York.”

 

“You’re just imagining things, Junsu-ah.”

 

“I don’t know hyung. I just have this feeling that something is going on. Like for instance, when we are at home, there is this one particular call that he doesn’t want us to hear. So, he’ll answer it beyond our earshot. And get this, his laptop and celphone has a password. Hyung, a password! For how many years, you and I both know that he doesn’t use a password on any of his gadgets. Another thing, Yoochun hyung has these prior engagements always. He’s always out of the house when we don’t have practice, guestings or shows.” Junsu sighed. “It’s like he loves to hang out with himself or he just wants to be alone,” Junsu said sadly.

 

“Or maybe there is someone he is protecting that’s why he’s not saying anything,” Jae Joong said after weighing what Junsu said.

 

“Hmmm, a girlfriend, perhaps? But that’s not a reason to be secretive to your friends.”  Junsu said.

 

“Hey, don’t be like that. When he is ready, he’ll tell us about these “supposed engagements”. Come on, let’s go to home. I’ll cook dinner.” Jae Joong said as they went out of the dressing room.

 

 “Hyung, I thought we’re going to eat out,” Junsu pouted.

“Some other time, Junsu-ah. I promise I’ll cook your favorite. Scallop pasta. Yum yum.,” Jae Joong said to cheer up Junsu.

 

They went to the parking lot where their manager was waiting for them to drive them home.

 

In the car, Jae Joong can’t help but think about what Junsu had said earlier. Junsu has a point. It seems like Yoochun is secretive these days.

 

“What are you up to, Yoochun?” Jae Joong asked silently to himself. “I just hope, you or we, for that matter, won’t get into trouble.”