I choose...

Friendship or Love?

KYUHYUN’S POV

I woke up early the next morning not for school, but to look for _____ in the places I've listed last night. I started looking up for her around our neighborhood first since I don't want to miss any place. I also drove around the park, the school, mall, church etc., hoping she'll be just around the corner. I would also call her occassionally, hoping she would finally answer my calls. 

 

It's already 2 in the afternoon and she's still nowhere in sight. I've decided to rest in the car for a while, laying my head back on the headrest when an idea struck my mind. 

 

What if Jae Kyung knows where she is? What if she went back to Incheon with her Aunt's? 

 

I quickly took my phone out, immediately dialing Jae Kyung's number. 

 

-----start of conversation-----

“Yoboseyo? Kyuhyun oppa?” Jae Kyung answered after a few rings.

“Yoboseyo? Jae Kyung-ah!”

“Oppa why did you call?”

“Umm… You see… I was looking for _____.”

“Ohh….” was her only answer.

“Maybe… She’s there?” I said, hoping she would say 'yes'. 

“Umm…. Oppa you see….” She paused. 

“She’s there, isn’t she?

“Oppa, I don’t know if I should tell you…”

“Jae Kyung I’m begging you… You know how much I love your eonnie, right?”

“But… She said she wanted to be alone… She doesn’t even talk to neither of us here, and she’s always in my room.”

“Mwo?! Is she eating well? Jae Kyung-ah, please tell me your exact address, I need to talk to her.”

“bBut oppa… Eonnie’s going to be mad if I tell you…”

“Then do you want your eonnie to stay like that?! Jae Kyung please tell me….”

“Umm…" She thought for a while, "Okay I’ll tell you… But promise me you won’t tell her that I told you.”

“Arrasseo.” I promised as she immediately whispered the address before hanging up. 

-----end of conversation-----

Mwoya?! I just shrugged the thought of her hanging up on me before going to a drive-thru for my quick snacks. 

 

 

(A.N/: guys like I’ve told you before, Incheon is just a drive away… and I was thinking of an airport scene when Jae Kyung arrived last time… so sorry about that. >.<)

 

After a few hours, I reached the address Jae Kyung gave me. And after parking my car, I called Jae Kyung again to make sure that this is really their house.

After a few hours of driving, I finally reached the address Jae Kyung told me. Putting my car into a stop in front of the said house, I took my phone out and call Jae Kyung to make sure if this is really their house. 

-----start of conversation-----

“Yoboseyo? Jae Kyung-ah, I’m—“

“Eonnie’s lost.” She cut me off, crying. 

“MWO?!!”

“After our conversation, I brought some lunch in the room where she's staying, but then she’s not there anymore.”

“MWORAGO?! WHERE DID SHE GO??” I yelled.

“I don’t know!! Eomma and Appa are not home, therefore I cannot leave the house. Oppa, please look for her.” She cried.

“Arrasseo.” I said before hanging up. 

 

Where the hell did she go again?! I mean, I’m close to seeing her but then she ran away… again. I drove around Incheon slowly, observing every corner.

I wonder where did she go?

 

It's getting dark already and I still can't find her. Rain suddenly start pouring as I continue to search for her. Damn it. Now it'll be harder to look for her with this kind of weather. 

I parked my car on the sides, taking a short break because my eyes started to hurt. But no matter how I'm physically tired, my heart would still be the most hurt right now. I closed my eyes, asking help from God to guide me in looking for _____. 

 

After resting for a while, I immediately opened my eyes, ready to search for her again. The rain seemed to pour lesser this time, making it easier for me to see the road. I was about to hit the gas when I saw a familiar girl running into a small tunnel in the kids' playground. 

It's her. 

 

I hurriedly went out of the car, running to where she went. I saw her soaking wet figure, just hugging her knees tightly while staring at the ground in front of her. She doesn’t seem to notice my presence as she’s still staring at the ground blankly. She started sneezing a couple of times and so I quickly took my jacket off and wrapped it around her. 

“Wha-what are you doing here?” she asked, finally noticing. 

“I’m here to take you home.”

“I… I don’t want.” She said, turning her gaze away from me. 

“_____-ah…. I know everything that happened”

“Mwo?” she asked, turning her gaze back to me. 

“Donghae told me.”

“Mwo?! But why would he—“

“I asked—no I begged him to tell me. Don’t worry, it’s okay.” I reassured her that everything's okay. 

“Kyuhyun I’m sorry…” She then started crying. I placed my arms around her, wanting her to feel that I am just here... for her. I don't mind getting wet because I know she needs someone to comfort her, to tell her that everything's going to be okay, that everything will be alright, and that's going to be no other than me, Cho Kyuhyun.

“It’s okay.” I paused, gulping hard.  “So… you still love him, huh?” I asked her, though all I wanted is to choke into my own words so that I don't have to utter those.

“Kyuhyun I’m not sure…” She cried even louder while hugging me back. 

“But you said that you’ll wait for him.”

“Kyuhyun I’m so confused that time.” She paused and look at me. “I know that I should be mad at him for cheating… But when I saw him… I just missed him so much.” She said, turning her gaze away from me. 

 

But when I saw him… I just missed him so much. 

 

But when I saw him… I just missed him so much.

 

But when I saw him… I just missed him so much.

 

 

Her words… those words just keeps on stabbing my heart over and over. 

 

“I understand you.” I told her, she then turned her head to face me. 

“What do you mean you understand me?” She asked, probably confused as I gave her a fainted smile.

“There’s a saying that ‘first love never dies’, right? So maybe it’s true.” I told her as she pulled herself back and hug her knees instead. 

“Kyuhyun I’m so sorry…”

 

That hit me again... I just wanna die right now.

 

“May I just ask something?” I asked, trying to hold back my tears.

“What is it?”

“Do you.. I mean did you ever love me?” I paused, “More than a friend?” I continued as she just stared at me. 

 

So… all along I was just a replacement. 

 

 

“Of course, Kyuhyun I love you.” 

 

 

Wait, did I hear her right? Or maybe the rain is too noisy that I misheard—

 

 

“Kyuhyun I love you more than a friend and you know that.” She repeated, confirming what I just heard. 

 

"I love you too~” I pulled her into my arms and preventing myself from tearing up.

 

 

“Let’s go home?” I asked her after a while, smiling at her. 

“But—“

“Don’t worry, everything’s going to be fine. I promise you. And… Sungmin’s going back to Japan tomorrow, right?” She nodded. “Let’s go, and you still need to change or else you'll get sick.” I told her.

 

 

After asking her to change into the shirt that I've prepared, we finally drove back to Seoul. A few more hours later, we finally reached her house as I parked my car on the side road. I turned my head just to see a beautiful sleeping figure beside me. Wanting to stare at her gorgeous face more, I've decided to wake her up later. 

I took my seatbelt off and continue to stare at her face. I may look like a creeper right now, but who the hell cares. I removed a few strands of her hair that's covering her face before tucking it behind her ear. 

I just felt myself leaning closer to her face, my lips slowly pressing against her forehead, her eyes, her nose, and finally her soft lips. 

"I love you so much..." I whispered. 

 

 

I woke her up after a few more minutes, informing her that we already arrived. 

"Take care of yourself, arrasseo?” I said while tucking her hair behind her ear, while she just nodded in repsonse. “Look at you, you looked thinner.” I pouted, earning a small smile from her. “Geurom, I’ll go ahead. Jalja~” I said, when she finally turn her back and was about to unlock the door when I called her once again. . “_____-ah,”

“Hmm?” She turned back to look at me. 

“I love you.” I said, wrapping my arms around her waist. 

“Me too... I love you too.” She replied, and with that, I pulled back from the hug before cupping her face and started kissing her softly. 

 

 

-----the next day-----

MY POV

Today is the day. Today is the day when I will tell Sungmin oppa about my decision. I’ve finally made up my mind. I know who is the right guy for me… I know to whom I would want to spend my whole life with. I know it sounds corny but it’s true.

 

Sungmin oppa’s flight is at 8AM. So I woke at 3AM so that I can be at the airport at 5. I quickly ate some cereal for my breakfast before taking a bath and doing my daily routine. 

 

When I finally reached the airport, I quickly took my phone out and started calling Sungmin oppa. I told him that I'm already in the airport and asked him where he is. 

 

“Oppa!” I called him as he quickly stood up to hug me, with me automatically hugging him back. 

“I’m glad you came~” He said as he broke the hug and held my hand. I just smiled at him in return. 

“Oppa, I need to tell you something…”

“What is it?” He smiled as he tucked my hair behind my ear.

“Oppa I wanted to tell you about my decision.” I said as I saw his face quickly change. “But before that, oppa I want you to know that while you were in Japan, Kyuhyun and I were dating…” I continued.

“Mwo?!”

“Well after I found out that you are getting married, I tried to forget about you… And Kyuhyun has been there for me… So I fell in love with him.” I confessed as he opened his mouth and was about to say something, but then nothing came out and so I continued. “But when I saw you, and after you explained everything to me, my heart and mind got confused. Maybe because I know that deep inside my heart, I still love you.” I said as he started smiling again.

“Oppa I want you to know that I also love Kyuhyun… More than a friend.” I told him honestly. “And now… Before you leave… I want you to know that I love the both of you, but I can’t have you both as my boyfriend… so I’m choosing one.”

“And I choose to love….”