Selfless Donghae

Friendship or Love?
 

MY POV

I left Kyuhyun alone in the rain and ran back to my house. I can't even process what I'm feeling for I felt happy when he ran after me... The kiss was also amazing but I couldn't forget the fact that Kyuhyun is in a relationship with Yoona. And that I could be the reason if ever they are going to break up.

I couldn't think straight so the moment I got back the house, I just sat on the doorway, staring at the rain. 

I just felt myself blushing the moment the kiss with Kyuhyun replayed in my mind. If only I could kiss him a little bit longer. Wa-wait. _____ WHAT ARE YOU THINKING?! KYUHYUN IS IN A RELATIONSHIP WITH YOONA! 

I messed my hair in frustration, taking note that I should just let him go. I should be happy that Kyuhyun finally found his loved one, even if it's not me. But then the thought of 'why do I need to love someone who doesn't love me' was haunting me... Or maybe I should just move on. 

"_____?!" Donghae called as I turn my head to look at him, with him helping me to stand up before hugging me tight. "What happened?!" he asked but with the comfort of his hug and voice, I just can't help but to let my tears fall together with the rain.

"I told you he's dating Yoona." I told him, forcing a smile. 

"What?! But..." he replied, pulling back to wipe my tears.

"Anio, it's okay... At least I've tried, right? Now go home, it's getting late."

"But..."

"Oh yeah... It's raining." I chuckled to myself. "Do you want to stay here for the night?"

"... Are you okay?" he asked, not answering my question.

"Of course I am! come on let's go in." I smiled, pulling him inside. 

"Are you sure?" he asked once again as I quickly nodded. He pulled his hand back, grabbing my arm so that I could rest my head on his chest before hugging me once again.

"Ya! You're gonna get wetter! Let me go!" 

"I don't care. I know it hurts, just let it all out and cry. I'll be here." he said, brushing my back as I felt myself tearing up again. 

"You're just making it hard for me to forget it." I sniffed.

"Did you tell him that you like him? Did he reject you?" he asked, but I didn't reply. "Oh! you need to change clothes!" he uttered the moment I start coughing. 

"Yes sir." I managed to joke that made him smile.

 

 

 

"Tell me what happened..." he said the moment I finished changing clothes. 

"When I was in front of his house, I saw that the door was opened. Therefore I just went in, but then I didn't expect that..." I paused, choking with my own words as tears started to fall of my eyes again. 

"That?" he asked, rubbing my back.

"Yoona will be there and she's on top of Kyuhyun." I continued.

"What?! What are they doing?" Donghae asked, probably shocked just like I was. 

"Molla..." I shrugged. "I just apologized before running outside." I explained. 

"That's all? So... you didn't tell him?" 

"Well... He followed me out."

"Jinjja? What did he say?"

"He asked me what am I doing at his house. I just apologized to him for disturbing their moment before walking away but then he grabbed my hand and tried explaining... He didn't finish it though. 

"Why?"

"Because..." I started blushing, rethinking of what happened. 

 

 

 

DONGHAE'S POV

"Because?" I asked with full curiosity.

"I kissed him."

"Ohh..."  I nodded, turning my gaze away from her. Even though I told her I will support her with Kyuhyun, I still love her. I know that I still love her because what I'm feeling right now. My heart feels a heavy pang that I just want to walk out right now. 

"Then I told him that I love him before finally leaving him. He didn't follow me though... I guess he that means doesn't love me back." she continued as I hug her even tighter.

"It's going to be fine, don't worry." 

"I never thought that it's going to be like this. I never thought that I'll get hurt just like this." she said, wipping her tears.

"Don't worry... I'll be here for you." 

"Gomawo... Geurigu... Mianhe."

"For what?"

"For hurting you... I never thought it hurts this much."

"Gwenchana. I just want you to be happy." I smiled at her. 

"But I guess I won't." she let out a fainted smile.

"You still can!"

"Huh? How?" she asked, raising a brow.

"I'm still here~ " I chuckled, pointing to myself.

"As much as I want this feeling to go away... I don't want rebound relationships... Because we both know that in the end, someone will get hurt. And I don't want you to get hurt just because of me."

"You already did." I gave her a fainted smile.

"Oh... I mean... AGAIN." she emphasized.

"It's okay! But when Kyuhyun likes you, and you still like him back... I'll let you go." I told her seriously.

"Jinjja? Are you serious?"

"Ne! I just want you to be happy, so I'll make you happy! And making you happy makes me happy! So... Everybody wins, right?!" I told her, but she didn't reply. "So...?" I asked her after a few seconds.

"No... I'll think you'll just get hurt more than before."

"But... Will you give me another chance?"

"But Donghae..."

"I don't care if you like him or what." I cut her off. "You see, I still love you. And I can't stand seeing you getting hurt like this. I want to protect you as a man, not as a friend, arrasseo?!" she sighed.

"If you say so. But I told you--"

"Gomawo~" I cut her off, hugging her as she smile and hug me back. 

 

 

 

-----The Next Day-----

KYUHYUN'S POV

I am on my way to school when I passed by _____'s house. I stopped on my tracks, going back to her house. She told me that she loves me, so might as well tell her that I love her back, right? 

I raised my hand, preparing to press the doorbell when I felt my heart beating like crazy. Why the heck am I being nervous? I already have the assurance that she loves me! I only need to tell her that I love her so that we could officially date! 

I took a deep breath, preparing myself to press the doorbell once again when I just found myself walking towards our school. Maybe I should ask Yoona how will I tell _____. 

 

I got in the classroom only to see _____ and Donghae. _____ was sleeping on her table and the moment Donghae saw me coming in, he immediately hugged her, placing a kiss on her hair. What the heck was that?! Doesn't he know that she confessed to me last night?!

 

 

~

_____ keeps on sneezing and coughing the time. I can see that she's feeling a cold because her body has been shaking. She probably got sick because of last night... I wish I could hug her right now. 

"_____-ah!" I called, trying to get her attention, but she's not looking back at me. Maybe she can't hear?

 

 

 

MY POV

I raised my hand to call the attention of sonsaengnim.

"Sonsaengnim..."

"Ne? _____-sshi?"

"Can I go to the clinic please?" I stood up.

"Waeyo? Come here."

"I'm not feeling well." I said the moment I got in front. 

"Oh... You want someone to accompany you?" he asked. 

"Yes please." I nodded. 

"Who do you want?" he asked as I turn to look at my classmates. My eyes caught Kyuhyun as he was also beaming at me but.. I don't think I can talk to him yet. 

"Donghae-sshi." I said.

"Arrasseo. Donghae-sshi, can you accompany _____ to the clinic?"

"Ne, Sonsaengnim." Donghae immediately stood up to accompany me. 

 

 

 

KYUHYUN'S POV

"Donghae-sshi." Wait, what? Did I heard it wrong? Donghae immediately stood up, guiding _____ out of the classroom. 

I thought she likes me? Why would she choose Donghae then? 

Psh. Maybe she's just shy. I'll just accompany her during dismissal.  

 

 

~

Sonsaengmin asked me to do something right after dismissal so after it, I went back to the room only to see an empty room. Both _____ and Donghae's things are gone. Ayssi.

I immediately packed my things, making my way to the clinic but then neither of them were there. I ran to the gates and saw Donghae and _____ together. I followed them and I can see that _____ is still not feeling well. 

Donghae suddenly stopped walking and lowered himself, gesturing _____ to ride on his back, in which she did not hesitate to do so. 

I should be the one carrying her. 

 

 

 

MY POV

"Donghae-ah, thanks for carrying me." I smiled at him as he carefully lowered himself down so that I could place my feet back on the floor. 

"Gwenchana." he smiled, tucking my hair behind my ear. 

"Am I heavy?"

"Actually my back hurts." he pouted.

"Mwo?!" I was taken a back, immediately hitting his arm. "Well, sorry if I am very heavy!"

"Even though you're a candidate at the 'The Biggest Loser', I will still think you're y." he said, probably making me full good.

"Shut up." I chuckled. 

"Aigoo, you better take a rest, arrasseo?!"  I nodded before hugging him.

"Thanks again." I pulled back, smiling at him into which he immediately return. I tiptoed to place a kiss on his left cheek, immediately turning around to unlock the door. "Take care!" I said, going in without looking back at him.

"Ya..." he uttered softly that made me chuckle. 

 

 

 

KYUHYUN'S POV

What the heck?! Hugging ang kissing him? I thought she likes me? 

Is she... playing with my feelings?!

 

 

-----The Next Day-----

When I entered the classroom, I only saw Donghae madly texting with his phone, and _____ was nowhere in sight. I place my bag on my chair, creating a small 'thud' therefore catching Donghae's attention. 

He looked at me for a brief second before turning his attention back to his phone. What's wrong with him? And where is _____? 

 

"Where is _____?" I asked him.

"Can't you see? She's not here." he answered sarcastically that made me irritated. 

"That's why I'm asking you where is she!"

"She's sick, remember?"

"She's not yet feeling well? Did she drink her medicine? Did she sleep well last night?"

"Why do you keep on asking questions?!" he asked, obviously annoyed. 

"Because I care for her." I told him as he force a chuckle. 

"Don't pretend as if you really care for her!"

"I really do!"

"If you really do, then why don't you just call her?"

" I... " I started, but unable to continue.

"See?!" he said, as if already concluding something. He then stood up, getting his bag and leaving the room. 

"Why you, do you really care for her?!" I asked as he looked at me before replying.

"Yes... And I don't just care for her, I also love her!"

"Jinjja?! How much do you love her?" I challenged. 

"I love her very much that I could give up anything for her. I will do anything that can make her happy, even though it will hurt me."

"But she loves me."

"I know that, and I don't care."

"You don't care?! You don't care about what she feels?"

"I do, but I want her to be happy."

"And how can you make her happy?" I smirked.

"I'll help her forget about you." he answered nonchalantly. 

"What?! But... Why are you going to do that?!"

"Because I can't stand seeing her getting hurt just because of a guy like you!" he yelled.

"What do you mean ' a guy like me' ?!" I said, walking towards him.

"She doesn't deserve a guy like you, a guy that will not love her."

"You think I don't love her?! I love her!"

"Really? Yeah right, you love her as a friend!"

"No, I really do love her... Not as a friend." I said out honestly.

"But why didn't you tell her?" he asked, obviously shocked. 

"Because I'm afraid that I'll lose her. She's my best friend in this whole wide world and... I don't want her to stay away from me. Actually... I never thought I could fall in love with my only best friend."

"Coward." he scoffed. 

"I know. That's why I'm very glad when she told me she loves me back, but I don't know how will I tell her that I love her."

"I'll help you." he offered.

"What?! Are you serious?!" I asked into which he nodded. "Why will you do that?!"

"Because I love her. And I told you that I'll do anything in order for her to be happy, right?"

"Even though she chooses me?" I asked, making sure. 

"She already chose you. I want her to be happy, even though it will hurt me all over again." he said that made me speechless. "I know. You're welcome." he said before walking out the classroom and leaving me alone. 

 

 

 

DONGHAE'S POV

If I am such a selfish bastard, I will just leave Kyuhyun alone with his petty problem and make _____ fall in love with me. I know it will not be easy because she loves Kyuhyun, but I can try, right?

But then again, I am not selfish. I want _____ to be happy... Even if it will take away my happiness. This might sound really stupid to others because I am letting my chance pass again, but I promised _____ that I will help her. I will help her even it means helping my rival to be with her. 

I know that _____ will be happy with Kyuhyun. And with that thought, I guess I can be happy for her.