Does She Really Love Me?

Friendship or Love?

-----Sunday-----

MY POV

It's Sunday and it irks me the moment the doorbell won't stop ringing. Really?! This early?! I ranted to myself before going down to check it.

"Donghae-sshi..." I uttered to myself, surprised that he's here. "What are--"

"I'm sorry." he cut me off and instead of replying, I just smiled, pulling him for a hug. "I'm really sorry for what happened yesterday. Sorry for kissing you, I just--"

"It's okay. I know how it feels." I cut him off, pulling back to smile at him.

"You know?"

"Yeah... So... We're still friends, right?"

"Yup. I'd rather have you as my friend than losing you forever." he said as I pull him for another hug. 

"Thanks." I smiled as I thought of an idea. "Mind hanging out with me today?"

"Huh? Where to?"

"I don't know... Probably at the mall?" I said, unsure even to myself. "Let me just take a shower." I said, pulling him inside my house.

 

 

 

~

NO ONE'S POV

"What shall we do?" Donghae asked as _____ thought of an exciting idea. Well, for her. 

They went from one store to another, choosing clothes and asking Donghae to try it on, and leaving without buying anything

 

"Isn't it embarrassing?" Donghae asked.

"What?!"

"What we're doing... We're just trying out clothes, but not buying anything."

"Nooo~" she furrowed her eyebrows, chuckling. "They must be thankful because a handsome guy wore their clothes to model them for free." I giggled. "If you become an idol, I should be your manager, okay?!" she said that made Donghae chuckle. "Ya! I discovered you first!" she insisted, but Donghae just stuck his tongue out.

"Let’s eat." he said not really replying to _____.

"Arraseo I’m hungry anyways." she pouted.

 

 

 

~

"_____-ah..." Donghae called her as they started eating their bibimbap.

"Yes?"

"Did you tell Kyuhyun that you like him?"

"Anio." she shook her head. 

"Why?!"

"Why would I tell him?! He’s dating Yoona!"

"Jinjja?!" he asked as she nodded.

"But why did you ask?" it was now her turn to ask.

"I’ll help you."

"Really?! How sweet of you." she smiled sincerely at him. "But then I’ll just… Try to forget him." she said, her smile fading. 

"Why?!"

"Because it hurts me whenever I see them together. And... I don’t want to get hurt anymore."

"Ayssi. You’re stupid!"

"What?! Why?!" she asked in shock.

"You didn’t even tell him that you like him, but you’re giving up already?!" he said, more of scolding her. "Just look at me, even though I know you still love Sungmin before and now you love Kyuhyun, I still told you what I felt, right?" 

"But… It’s hard when you got rejected, right?" she asked, almost cautiously.

"Yeah… It hurts a lot. But it’s better than giving up without doing anything."

"Eung…" she nodded, acknowledging his words. 

"So from tomorrow on, I’ll help you, okay?"

"But… How?"

"I’ll teach you the techniques." he said, chuckling upon his words. 

"Techniques?" she asked, raising a brow. 

"How to seduce a guy."

"SEDUCE A GUY?!" she repeated before hitting Donghae's arm and laughing.

"What?! I’m serious!" he said that made her smile.

"Geunde… Donghae-ah, why are you doing this?" she asked.

"I want you to be happy." he said that made her stare at him, unconsiously smiling at his words.

"Gomawo."

 

 

 

~~~

MY POV

It's Monday once again and as always, Donghae and I are the only ones here.

"Ya, we’re too early." I complained, resting my head on the armchair.

"Yeah… I know! I’ll tell you the techniques now." Donghae said, sitting beside me. 

"You’re not making fun of me, aren’t you?"

"No! why would I do that?!"

"Mwolla…" I shrugged.

"See?!" he chuckled. "Okay the basics first. Tell me what he likes."

"Umm… Actually, I don’t know. We don’t really talk about that." I said, bitting my lower lip. 

"Jinjja?! Hmmm... I know! Did you do anything stupid to him for the past few days?"

"I don’t think so… But remember when you sent me home because I was so sleepy?" I asked him as he nodded. "He went to my house and... We talked… And I asked him to just stay with Yoona."

"Why did you do that?!" 

"I don’t know! I’m mad, okay?!"

"Yeah you’re mad, and then you just made them closer!"

"I know… That’s why I’m regretting it." I said as we both sigh. 

"How about you apologize?"

"Why would I apologize?!"

"Apologize to him, and tell him 'I don’t want you to be with Yoona, I want you to be with me.'"

"Ya! Isn’t that confessing already?!" I asked, getting embarrassed just thinking about it. 

"Anio, you’re just giving a hint."

"What?! It’s the same!" I complained as Kyuhyun entered the room, giving an awkward atmosphere. Donghae immediately went back to his seat, pretending as if nothing happened.

"SAY HI!" he mouthed.

"Wae?!" I mouthed back.

"Kyuhyun-ah, annyeong!" he greeted him. DONGHAEEEEEEEEE! Kyuhyun looked at me before turning back to Donghae.

"Annyeong." Kyuhyun greeted back.

"IT’S YOUR TURN." he mouthed again.

"Ughh... Umm... Kyuhyun-ah..." I stuttered. 

"You don’t need to act as friends in front of me. If you’re feeling uncomfortable with me around, I’ll just go." Kyuhyun said before walking out. What the hell did I do?!

"It’s okay, at least you tried." he said, standing up and hugging me from the sides.

"What the heck was that?!"

"I don’t know." he shrugged, brushing my arm to comfort me. 

 

 

 

KYUHYUN’S POV

Upon reaching the hallway to my classroom, I saw Donghae and _____ talking and it seems like there are having fun. But then as I reach the classroom, they stopped talking, with Donghae returning to his seat.

“Kyuhyun-ah, annyeong.” he greeted me cheerfully.

“Annyeong.” I greeted back. 

“Kyuhyun-ah...” _____ called, but when I heard her voice, I don't know what has gotten into me that made me speak some harsh words. 

“You don’t need to act as friends in front of me. If you’re feeling uncomfortable with me around, I’ll just go.” I said before walking out.

_____ and Donghae... Kissing and then pretending as if they're just friends. Tch. Do they think I'm stupid? 

 

 

 

 

~

"Today we will have a seatwork." Han Songsaengnim, our Math teacher announced. 

"Huh?!!" all of us whined.

"Yes. But don’t worry, you will be paired up. 1st and 2nd column, 3rd and 4th, 5th and 6th, and so on. And since Sungmin-ssi is not here, _____, your partner would be Kyuhyun. Now arrange your chairs." he said as the students immediately follow. 

"Sir, can I change my partner?" I raised my hand.

"No, I’ve written it in my record already, unless you want to work alone?" he said, I didn't respond.

"I’m sorry… I guess you’re stuck with me. But if you want I’ll just work alone." _____ said, raising her hand into which I immediately pull back down. 

"Anio, it’s okay." I told her as she gave me a fainted smile in return.

 

"Okay, get your notebooks and answer these." Songsaengnim said as he started writing on the board. 

"I’m sorry."_____ said that made me turn to look at her.  "I know you’re mad, I’m sorry." she apologized once again.

"No... I’m the one who’s supposed to apologize." I told her.

"For what?" she asked.

"For a while ago. I just... Don’t want you and Donghae hiding things about the both of you."

"What are you talking about?" she raised a brow.

 

"Kyuhyun-sshi, _____ -sshi, you’re there to answer and not to talk!"

"Cuisamnida." _____ bowed.

 

"Last Saturday." I said, wanting to continue our conversation. "I saw you kissing." I continued. 

"Ohhh…" she said, not looking at me.

 

"One more talking and I’m going to split the both of you!" Songsaengnim yelled, getting pissed.

"It’s nothing… We just had a little misunderstanding."

"Oh… So you like him?" I asked her, my voice raising a little.

"Anio." she quickly answered.

"That’s it. Work by yourselves!" Songsaengnim yelled as he pointed at the both of us. Bummer.

 

 

 

~

It's break time when _____ and Donghae went to the cafeteria and buy some food. While Yoona and I on the other hand, were left in the classroom.

"Hi!" Yoona greeted, walking up to my seat. "Hey what’s wrong?!"

"_____..." I sighed. 

"What about her?" she asked, sitting beside me. 

"A while ago, we were partners, right?"

"Oh yeah, but you kept on talking so Songsaengnim split the both of you." she chuckled.

"There’s nothing funny." I glared.

"Oops!" she covered . "Sorry." she let out an apologetic smile.

"Anyway, we saw them kissing, right?" I asked her, she nodded. 

"Then I asked her if she likes Donghae."

"Then?"

"She told me she doesn’t."

"Really?! Then that’s good for you!" she smiled.

"But… How come we saw them kissing when she doesn’t like him?" I asked.

"You should ask her then."

"How?"

"Just ask her, stupid."

"But I don’t know how to start  the conversation!"

"You want me to ask her?!"

"No!"

"Then you ask her!"

"Arrasseo! Later at dismissal." I told her as she finally smiled. 

 

 

 

~

It's dismissal time and I finally gathered all my strength to call her. 

"_____-ah..." I called her while she was fixing her things.

"Eung?"

"Can I… Go home with you? I mean… I’ll send you home?"

"Umm… Yeah…. I guess..." She shrugged. "But how about Yoona?" 

"She’ll go home by herself."

"Oh…" She nodded. "But I’m with Donghae."

"It’s okay."

"Oh… Okay." she smiled.

 

 

 

MY POV

"_____-ah I forgot, I still need to do something, I need to go!" Donghae said, as we were walking out of the school. 

"What are you doing?" I mouthed.

"I’m helping you." he whispered.  "Good luck!" he smiled. "Bye!"

"Bye." Ayssi. Lee Dongahe! How can you leave me?! 

"_____-ah..." Kyuhyun called me as I felt myself getting nervous. 

"Oh?!" 

"Where will he go?" he asked.

"I’m not sure, but he said he needs to do something."

"Ohh… Do you want to go somewhere else first?"

"Umm… Sure" I nodded.

 

 

~

We to the nearest Starbucks, ordering drinks before looking for seats.

"Ahum." I cleared my throat right after a moment of awkward silence. 

"Umm… So… How are you?" he asked, sipping his drink. 

"I’m fine, you?"

"I’m… Doing good."

"Oh…" I smiled before nervously stirring my drink.

"Are you okay?" he asked, I nodded.

"Why?"

"You seemed… Nervous."

"Why would I be nervous?" I faked a laugh.

" _____ah, I know you." he said that somewhat made me smile. "Umm… So about our conversation a while ago?" he said as I gave him a confused expression. "You told me you don’t like Donghae?" he continued.

"Ahh… Yes."

"But why were you kissing?" he asked once again.

"H-how did you know?"

"Yoona and I were at the park that time."

"Ahh… What are you doing there?" I asked, raising a brow. 

"Just… Killing some time. Anyway, answer my question first."

"Ahh… Umm… I told him… Well… I rejected him. Then he ran, but of course I want us to be friends, so I run after him."

"Then you kissed?!" he asked, raising his voice.

"Why are you mad?" I asked, taken aback. 

"No, I’m not... Continue." he said, now in a calmer voice.

"He kissed me." I said while turning my gaze away from him.

"Why did you let him do it?"

"Because… I know how it hurts to be rejected. So I wanted to comfort him."

"But that’s not the right thing to do when you comfort someone!"

"Sorry! I don’t know how to do it, okay?! Ayssi.  Let’s stop this, we might fight again. I’ll just go home first." I said, standing up and leaving him. 

 

 

 

KYUHYUN’S POV

That’s just comforting Donghae?! Why didn’t she kissed me when I broke up with SeoHyun?

 

 

 

 

 

~~~~~

NO ONE’S POV

Few days have passed, and Donghae keeps on telling _____ to confess already, so _____ got irritated and plans to confess on Sunday.

 

 

 

~

MY POV

"Just tell him you like him, and ask him if he likes you back, and then if he likes you back, go and date!" Donghae repeated for the nth time. 

"Arraseo! Why do you keep on repeating that for the millionth time?!" I complained.

"Faster and make yourself pretty!"

"Arraseo, but can you help me choose a nice dress?"

"Okay…"

 

 

~

"That’s the one!" he smiled with the dress I'm wearing. 

 

"Jinjja?!" I asked him, he nodded.  "Finally! It’s 6:00 pm already!"

"Okay now, go! I’ll be waiting for you here, okay?! If 9:00 pm you’re not yet back… It means you’re with him already, so I’ll leave, okay?!" he said as I hug him. 

"Thanks."

 

 

 

KYUHYUN'S POV

"So, you’ll confess this Saturday, okay?!" Yoona told me, I nodded.

"Thanks".

"Arrasseo I’ll leave now." she said, opening the door.

"Eung..." I nodded, making my way to the kitchen but slipping at my step. "Ouch!" I yelped.

"What happened?!" Yoona asked, turning back to me and slipping also, falling over me. 

 

"Kyuhyun-ah…" I heard a familiar voice called.

"_____?!" I uttered in surprise, seeing her by the door. 

"I’m… Sorry." she said before running.

"_____-ah!" I stood up before running after her.

 

 

 

MY POV

I practiced the speech I've been wanting to say as I made my way to Kyuhyun's. Let's just get over with this. What's important is that I finally let out what I feel... Regardless of his feelings. 

“I’m sorry.” I apologzied before running back to my house. I saw Yoona on top of Kyuhyun.

 Ayssi. What am I thinking? Why will I confess when I know there’s SOMETHING going on between Kyuhyun and Yoona?! >.< as I run, I felt tears running through my cheeks, but then, I felt something dropping that made me wet. When I looked at the sky… oh? It’s raining. Well… it’s better.. so that no one can see me crying. Is the sky crying with me?! I don’t know where to go, but my feet took me somewhere in the park. I stopped and sit there, and then cry my heart out. I knew it, I should have kept my feelings rather than being hurt like this. Lee Donghae and Choi Jong Hoon it’s all your fault! As I was crying, I heard someone called my name…

 

"_____-ah," I looked for the voice, and then I saw Kyuhyun. I quickly wiped my tears.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him, pretending to be strong.

"I should be asking you that. Why were you in my house?"

"Well, sorry if I disturbed your moment with Yoona. I didn’t mean to--"

"Come on, let’s go." he cut me off, grabbing my hand.

"no!" I released my hand. "Let me go!" I yelled before walking out.

" ____ah, it’s not what you think." he suddenly said that stopped me from walking, so I looked back at him.

"what?!" I asked him. 

As the rain falls harder and harder, I can barely see Kyuhyun. The only thing I can see is his lips…

“what you saw…” he said, but before he could finish it, I kissed him passionately, he hugged my waist and kissed me back. I want to enjoy this moment … but then Yoona’s face flash through my mind that made me stop.

“I love you” I told him as I run and left him alone in the rain.

 

KYUHYUN’S POV

“come on, let’s go” I told her as I grabbed her hand, but then she said

“no!” then she released her hand from mine, and said:”

let me go!” then she walks out. I tried to follow her and said:

“ ____-ah, it’s not what you think.” Then she looked back and asked me

“what?!” then I responded:

“what you saw…” but before I finished my sentence, she kissed me passionately. Am I dreaming? Or she’s drunk again?! …. She’s really kissing me?!!! I hugged her waist as to make our kiss more intimate, but then she pulled back. 

"I love you” she told me then leave me alone in the cold rain. I was frozen, I don’t know what to say or do…. She loves me?! Did I heard it right?!