I'm not going to hold back anymore

Friendship or Love?

DONGHAE’S POV

I immediately followed her, grabbing her hand so that she could face me. 

"Gwenchana?" I asked when I noticed not even a single drop of tear fell out of her eyes. 

"I just wanted to go home, I'm really tired." she said, forcing a smile. Aigoo Lee Donghae why are you so stupid? 

"Okay I'll send you home." I told her as we skate our way to the exit. 

 

 

~

All I want to do is just to teleport into their house because I don't think I can breathe normally with this awkwardness in the air. 

Whenever I would take a quick glance  on her, I would just see her staring blankly at window. Ayssi. I think it would be much better if  she would just cry her heart out, right? Seeing her acting like this just freaks the hell out of me! 

 

We reached her house after a while as I quickly went out of the car, running over to the other side and opening the door for her. 

  • She only stayed in her seat unmoving, and so feeling all stupid for opening the door for the person who doesn't like to go down, I've decided to shut the door when she abruptly turned her gaze up to meet mine.

“Can I sleep over at your house?” she asked and I immediately nodded. She just gave me a little smile before finally getting out of the car. “Let me just get some clothes and wait for me here.” she said as I nodded before going back to the driver's seat.

 

 

~

Twenty minutes had passed and _____ still hasn't come out. 

People would normally take around 2-3 minutes to grab a pair of pajamas and underwear, right? Okay and since she's a girl, give her at most 10 minutes... but 20 minutes?! Like seriously?! 

 

I'm still in the middle of talking to myself when I finally saw her coming out of her house, a huge bag on her left hand. I immediately went out of the car, my lips were about to move and ask her about what's with the huge bag when she beat me to it. 

“Let’s go?” she asked me, I just nodded before helping her with the bag and placing it into the trunk. I then went over to the passenger's seat and open it for her, still thinking of the right words on how to ask her. 

 

 

~

Reaching my house, I parked the car and helped _____ in getting her bag in the trunk. 

“Go in first, I’ll just bring this.” I said, as I volunteered to bring her bag instead. But instead of saying anything, she just stared at me with those weird  looks. "Oh the key!" I chuckled to myself, remembering to hand her the  key. 

_____ walked ahead of me as I slowly walked up behind her. I'm not really sure about what happened but she unfortunately tripped and fell down, as I placed her bag on the ground before running over to where she is.

“Ya, why are you crying? Does it hurt?” I asked simultaneously because she started crying out loud. 

“It hurts… It hurts a lot.”she cried. And I know she meant the other thing. I just stared at her for a while before wrapping my arms around her.

“Let’s go in first, its freezing cold out here.” I said, helping her to stand up.

 

We entered my room as I helped her to sit on the bed. 

“Donghae, why do you think Kyuhyun did that to me?” she suddenly asked the moment I helped her sat down.

“Uhhh… huh?”

“I knew it…” she cries. “I should have taken Eunhyuk’s advice. Maybe he’s right, the relationship must have some ‘heat’ or ‘passion’ on it.”

“Ummm...” was the only thing that came out of my mouth. 

“Maybe he’s longing for Jae Kyung’s lips that's why now that he got his chance, he kissed her.” she continued, bitterness is all over her voice. 

“_____-ah, maybe we just misunderstood what happened." I said, trying to console her. 

“What did we misunderstand?!” she let out a shout, making me startle. Quickly regaining my composure, I just rubbed her back, comforting her. “He was on top of her! So it means he has the control over everything!”

“But _____-ah--”

“He has the control whether to kiss Jae Kyung or not!” she said, still sobbing. “If he doesn’t want to kiss her, then he also has the control not to kiss her, right?!” she asked me, I just embraced her with my warmth. 

“Everything will be fine…”

“Maybe Eunhyuk was right... He has fallen out of love for me and developed feelings for Jae Kyung.”

“Ssshhhhttt… Don’t think like that.”

“But what if it’s the truth?!” she stopped for a while before continuing. “Donghae, Jae Kyung is very easy to love because she’s sweet and cute. I know that you might think she’s very annoying, but she’s really like that. I’m not saying this because she’s my cousin and she’s my responsibility, but because it’s true, maybe that’s one of the reasons why she’s my favorite cousin. She’s really fun to be with… So maybe that’s the reason why Kyuhyun likes her.”

“_____-ah," I called her, opening my mouth to say something, but nothing came out. 

“And it’s been… Almost 2 months since they started hanging-out or I mean dating each other!” she cried again. “Oh! Maybe that’s why he acts cold to me these past few weeks.”

“What?! What do you mean?”

“He’s hasn’t been calling me nor sending me messages like before. You know, even though we need to hide our relationship, he still needs to at least send me a message, right?” I just nodded.

“_____-ah how about let’s just sleep? You will just get hurt if you keep on thinking about him.”

“You’re right." She nodded. "I don’t want to think about him anymore, and I won’t ever think about him anymore!” she said, still sobbing. 

 

 

~

We both lay down, her head resting on my chest as I brush her hair with my fingers.

“Donghae… Why does love hurts?” she asked, hugging my stomach. 

“Mwo?”

“I don’t want to get hurt anymore. Guys always cheat on me. First, Sungmin… Now Kyuhyun.” she said, her voice cracking. I just wrapped my arms around her, squeezing her arm a little. 

“Don’t worry, I promise I won’t hurt you.”

 

 

 

 

 

-----the next day-----

DONGHAE’S POV

I sighed, turning off my alarm clock and turning my head to the sides just to see _____ already awake. 

“I’m sorry about that… Let’s just go back to sleep.”

“Aren’t you going to school?”

“What? But how about you?”

“I’ll be fine. Go, or else you’ll be late!”

“But _____-ah, are you sure that you’ll be fine here, alone?” I asked her, but she just pushes me out of my bed then pushes me inside the bathroom.

“Now, you want me to bathe you?” she asked as I just stared at her, still absorbing what is happening.

 

And the next thing I know is that she’s removing my shirt!

“Ya! What are you doing?!”

“I’m going to bathe you!”

“MWO?! YA _____!”

“WHAT?!”

“I can take a bath myself. Go back to sleep!” I said, she laughed a little and went out of the bathroom.

 

 

~

I arrived in school just in time, with _____ never leaving my thoughts. 

I'm wondering if she's still depressed with what happened... Though I'm pretty sure she still is, but acting as if nothing happened drives me crazy.

Sighs. I just want to go home! >.<

 

I would always avoid Kyuhyun during breaks because I don't wanna be asked about _____. And I'm pretty sure she doesn't want me to tell him about her either. 

 

The day came to in an end with a blur. I rushed home to see if _____ is doing good, but to my dismay, she's nowhere to be found. I looked around the house, running, pushing my luck and hoping that she could just be somewhere around doing something. 

I just felt myself panicking and taking my phone out to call her. And when her phone kept on ringing without an answer, I've decided to look for her outside. But the moment I opened the door, I saw her standing outside, astonished when I pulled her for a tight hug. 

“Ya, you’re suffocating me.” She said as I loosen the hug a little.

“I thought you left… I was so scared.”

“Why would I leave?” she chuckled.

“I don’t know…" I shook my head. "Where have you been?” I asked her, pulling back from the hug. 

“I bought dinner~” she said, raising the plastic from her hands. 

“Ohh…”I nodded in acknowledgement before letting out a chuckle.

 

 

~

"Hey, you should have just cooked!" I said while eating a spoonful.

"Juh? Why?"

"I just missed your cooking…" I pouted, making her smile.

"Really?" 

"Ne, because you always cook for Kyu--" I immediately stopped, realizing what I was about to say. .

"I’ll just cook for you tomorrow." she gave me a fainted smile.

“Really?” I asked her, she just nodded as tears started to form in her eyes. Ayssi. Lee Donghae you’re so stupid for mentioning his name! “Sorry… I didn’t mean to mention his name.” I quickly apologized, sitting beside her and wrapping my arms around her figure. 

“Ania… It’s just… This thing is really spicy.” She said, pulling back from my hug and fanning herself. “Ahhhh… Hot.” She continues to fan herself as tears uncontrollably run through her cheek.

“I’m really sorry.” I apologized once again, my heart feeling really really guilty. 

“Donghae please… I want to forget about that damn guy already. So please, don’t remind me of him.”

“So… You broke up with him without him knowing it?”  I asked her almost stupidly.

“Isn’t it obvious?!”

“What if he doesn’t know that we saw them?”

“So… What do you want? You want me to play along with him? You want me to act as her ing loving girlfriend when I know that he cheated on me already?!” she asked, her tone rising. 

“No… It’s not what I meant.”

“Then what?!” she asked, but I was was speechless. Lee Donghae, what are you thinking of?!  “I want to rest, good night.” She told me before standing up and going upstairs. 

 

 

~

After cleaning up the table, I went up to my room to wash up but before I could even open the door, I could hear her loud sobbing. If only I could make her better... If only she chose me, I promise to love her forever. 

 

 

 

-----the next day-----

_____ still didn't come to school today because we both think she's still not ready for school, or to face him

“Where is _____? How come I don’t see her often?” Kyuhyun suddenly rushed in the room, asking me. I don’t know why, but I was pissed off with his questions. Cho Kyuhyun what kind of boyfriend are you? I was about to give him a witty remark when Songsaengnim came in, saving me from the hot seat. :)

 

 

~

The bell rang indicating that it's break time. I immediately stood up, seeing Jae Kyung and Kyuhyun together outisde the room, talking and doing skinships as if they don't care about the people who are going to see them. 

I made my way out of the room, with Jae Kyung immediately smiling and waving at me. I just gave her a small smile before leaving the both of them. 

Damn you Cho Kyuhyun! I can't believe I gave her up to just a guy like you!

 

 

 

~

It's already dismissal time and the only ones who were left in the room were Kyuhyun and I. 

I immediately  took my phone out and pretended to have a call because I can feel that he would again ask me about _____.

"Yoboseyo eomma?!" I said in no one in particular while walking out of the room. 

 

 

~

I went home with a delicious aroma welcoming me. I went over to the kitchen, seeing _____ cooking something. 

“Hey~” I greeted her as she turn around, giving me a wide smile. 

“You’re back!”

“You’re cooking?” I asked her though it was obvious. 

“I promised you, right?” she giggled, turning back to what she's cooking. I just smiled, walking over to her and wrapping my arms around her waist, hugging her from the back. “Wha-what are you doing?”

“Just a little thank you.” I told her, even though I really just felt like hugging her. 

“Well… This is my way of saying ‘thank you’ to you since you helped me through my hard times.” She unwrapped my hands before turning around and wrapping her arms around my shoulder. "Thank you so much Donghae.” She thanked me once again, pulling back to kiss my cheek. “Let’s eat?” she asked before walking over to the cupboard and started getting plates.

I just stood there frozen on the spot, yet unable to cope up with what just happened. She kissed me.

Although I'm completely aware that she just gave me a friendly kiss on the cheek... I just can't help but to feel giddy as my heart started beating really fast.

 

 

 

 

-----the next day-----

It's dismissal time already and I immediately packed my things, wanting to see _____ already.

“Donghae-ah!” I very familiar voice called me, I looked back just to see Kyuhyun calling. I guess I can’t hide from him forever, right?

“What is it?”

"Have you seen _____?"

"Why, am I her boyfriend?!" I replied with a hint of annoyance in my voice. 

"Hey I’m just asking you!"

"No." I replied shortly, sighing and keeping my composure. 

"But I haven’t seen her around lately, so I’m asking maybe you’ve seen her?" he asked once again.

"She’s absent."

"ABSENT!? WHY?" he asked, obviously shocked. 

"YA CHO KYUHYUN DON’T YOU KNOW THAT SHE’S FREAKING ABSENT FOR 3 DAYS ALREADY?!!" I yelled as I don't think I can keep my so-called 'composure' anymore. 

"WHAT?! What happened?! Is she sick?! How is she??" he asked continuously. 

"What?! Don’t tell me you didn’t know?!"

"That’s why I’m asking you, right?!" he asked, probably getting annoyed with my answer also. 

"She’s not sick."

"Then what happened? Why didn’t she come to school?" he continues to ask. 

"Why do you keep on asking these questions to me when you are technically her boyfriend?!" I asked, finally exploding. 

"I am her boyfriend, but I am not her bodyguard." he answered nonchalantly . WTF.

“MWORAGO?!! YA CHO KYUHYUN! YOU ARE NOT HER BODYGUARD BUT YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO KNOW WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON WITH HER!” I said as my fist made a contact with his face. 

“What the ?!” he cursed, punching me back. 

“I NEVER THOUGHT THAT I GAVE HER UP TO A STUPID CHEATER GUY LIKE YOU! AND NOW THAT YOU LET HER GO, I’M NOT GOING TO HOLD BACK MY FEELINGS ANYMORE!”