Will You Stay By My Side... Forever?

Friendship or Love?

MY POV

I-is that really Donghae? I mean Lee Donghae, my best boy friend?! 

His usual hair was dark brown--almost black, but then he now dyed it into some shade blonde?! But what I'm getting furious about is that he's freaking kissing a random girl! 

 

I just found myself standing a few meters away from them. . Now what will I do?! 

I pretended to not see what just happened, bowing to Donghae and the girl before continuing my journey back to my house. 

 

 

 

~

After taking a short shower, I immediately lay on my bed, that scene keeps on replaying in my mind. 

It can't be Donghae, right? He's not like that. The Donghae I know isn't like that. 

Suddenly, I felt warm tears flowing out of my eyes. Damn, why the heck am I crying again? 

 

-----the next day-----

MY POV

I came in late for class today because I kept on thinking about Donghae last night. It can't be him, right? 

I sat on my seat, staring at Songsaengmin who's been talking endlessly the moment I came in. And being a good student that I am, I took my notebook out, wanting to write some notes when a paper fell out from it. 

I asked my seatmate to get it for me, and as I thank him, someone caught my attention. It's really him. 

Maybe feeling my stare, Donghae turned his gaze towards me, quickly forming a smirk on his lips. I immediately turn my head back on the board, pretending to listen to what Songsaengmin is saying. Just what is up with him?

 

 

~

It was dismissal time when Kyuhyun walked up to me while I was fixing my things. 

"Yeobo, kaja?!” he asked, smiling.

“Ummm…. Donghae and I are going to practice for the dance, remember?”

“Oh… Really?” he asked as his smile faded a little. “Are you sure you want to do it today?” he asked once again as I slightly nodded. He then pout, therefore making me smile. 

“Why baby??” I asked as I pinched his nose a little.

“Don’t you remember what day is today?” he asked.

“Today? Ummm… It’s October 24th, right?” he nodded. “What about today?” I continued.

“No-nothing.” He said. “I’ll just go home first, okay?” I just smiled before nodding, with him leaving the room. 

 

 

 

KYUHYUN’S POV

She forgot about today... Maybe I'll just surprise her when she gets home. 

 

 

 

MY POV

“Donghae-ah!” I called him the moment I saw him leaving the room. 

“We’re going to practice today, remember?” I asked him.

“Umm… Well…. You see I have an appointment.”

“What?! But I thought….”

“I said I have an appointment, okay?! We can do this another day.”

“But you should be professional enough to at least tell me what song are we going to use, or what dance are we going to do.” I told him, getting annoyed. 

“Okay, we’re going to dance to 'Know Your Name' by Ne-Yo. About the dance, I’m still thinking of the right steps.” He said.

“Do you need some help then? Maybe I could help you edit the song or something.”

“No, I’m okay.”

“But we’re partners!” I insisted.

“Just…. Let me do it, okay?!! Let’s just practice tomorrow.” he said out coldly.

“Tomorrow again?!”

“What do you want me to do?! I told you I have an appointment today!” he screamed at me. “So if you’ll excuse me, I need to go.” He said before finally getting his bag. 

“Donghae-ah,” I called him up again before he could even touch the door knob. 

 

 

 

DONGHAE’S POV

"Donghae-ah," I heard her voice calling me up once again. 

"Wha--" I turned back to face her when she suddenly wrapped her arms around me. My heart then started beating really, really fast once again. I wanted to push her off me, but it seems like my mind and my body doesn't want to cooperate with me because they know that I’ve been longing for her hug. I missed her so much.

"I know that I don't have the right to tell you this, but I am hurt seeing you being like this. I wanted for us to be like before, but I have a feeling that you won't accept me. I'm not sure if I am the reason why are you being like this, but I blame myself for it. I've hurt you not only once, that's why for the last time, I wanted to tell you..." she paused, hugging me tighter. "I'm sorry. I am sincerely sorry... I don't like seeing you like this. I don't like seeing you kissing some random girls, I don't like you treating other people like a douchebag. I know, I'm being demanding, but that's what I feel... And I want you to know about it. I want the old Donghae back. The Donghae who have been there to make me smile, who have been there to comfort me, and who have been there to be my best friend." she said before finally pulling back from the hug, getting her things and leaving me alone in the room. 

 

Am I being too harsh?

 

 

 

MY POV

I quickly went home, relieved that I finally let out what I feel.

I sat on the sofa, just plain staring at the television in front of me when my phone started ringing. I took it out from my pocket, seeing 'Yeobo ♥' as the caller. 

-----start of conversation-----

“Yoboseyo?” I answered. 

“Yoboseyo? _____-ah, are you done practicing?” he asked.

“Umm… Yeah. Why?” I asked him. 

“Are you at home?” he asked once again, not answering my question. 

“Yeah... But why??”

“Can you come to my house?”

“Ji geum? (now?)

“Yup.”

“But why?” I asked once again.

“Just come!”

“But I’m tired!”

“Yeobo, pleaseeeee~”

“Tell me the reason first.”

“You’ll know when you get here.” He insisted.

“Ayssi. Arrasseo, just let me take a shower first. I’ll be there in half an hour.”

“Yes!!! Haha! I love you~”

“Love you too~” I said before hanging up. 

 

Ayssi. What is Kyuhyun up to this time?

 

I took a 15-minute shower, wearing my blue shirt with a yellow ribbon-design on it and white shorts for my bottom before making my way to Kyuhyun's house. 

I reached his house in no time and started ringing the doorbell. Minutes had passed but then he's still not opening it so I started to get annoyed. 

I was about to press the doorbell once again when he finally opened the door. 

 

 

“You’re here!” he grinned, hugging me. I just felt myself hugging him back with a smile on my lips. Well he was wearing the polo shirt that I gave him so I feel happy. :") 

 

"Wear this.” he said, pulling back and giving me a blindfold. “Come on!” he said when I just stared at him. 

“But wh—“ he cut me off by putting on the blindfold for me. “Ya!I" screamed.

“Come on! For me? I’ll lead you…” he said as I felt his hand on mine. 

“Cho Kyuhyun if I tripped on something, I’ll kill you!” I threatened him since I don’t like the feeling of being blind folded.

“I’ll be here for you….” He whispered in my right ear that send me shivers. So I just nodded in agreement, when suddenly I felt myself getting lifted in the air. 

“YA!!!!” I screamed, as I can hear him chuckle, “Put me down!!” I screamed once again, but he just chuckle once again. >.<

“Don’t worry honey~” he said as he began to walk while I just hold on to his neck tighter. After few more steps, I think we’re going upstairs because he began to walk slower this time.

“Am I heavy?” I asked him nervously.

“Yes.” He quickly answered while panting. 

“Ya!” I playfully hit his shoulders.

“Hey! You’re heavy, hajima! (don’t do it)

“Then just put me down!” I told him when I suddenly felt his lips on mine, shutting me up. 

 

Damn you Cho Kyuhyun!

 

After a while, he finally put me down, with him complaining afterwards. 

“Ahhh! My legs and back hurt!” he said, but I didn't mind him as I was about to take my blindfold off when he suddenly stopped me.

“Ya! Don’t tell me I’m going to wear this blindfold the whole night?” I said, annoyed, when he finally started removing the blindfold.

"You're so impatient baby." he said as I slowly open my eyes, adjusting with the light around me.

 

A candlelit dinner. There were candles around the table, forming a big heart. 

 

"What’s this all about?” I asked Kyuhyun, still admiring the beautiful site. 

“Well… I’m kinda upset that you forgot,” he pouted.

“Huh?” I asked, turning my head to meet his gaze. “It’s not your birthday, am I right?” I asked as he shook his head. “Then what is it?” I asked, but instead of answerig, he just led me to the table, pulling a chair for me. Oh shoot. What day is it today? I then sat down, with him sitting across me. 

 

“Let’s eat!” Kyuhyun said, while I just stare at him, “Why?” he asked.

“Did you… Cook?” I asked in horror.

“Wae?! You won’t eat it if I cooked it?!”

“Umm…. Of course I’ll eat it.” I said, but he just pouted, making me laugh. “What’s wrong? I told you I’ll eat them!” I said, but he just continued pouting. “Aww…. Even if you don’t cook well, I’ll still eat it. Even though it takes my life!” I said, giggling.

“My cooking is not that bad!” he said, making me laugh once again.

“I know, that’s why let’s eat?” I said, giving him a spoonful of steak. But instead of eating it, he just stared at me. 

“Are you testing the food?” he asked me.

“Mwo?! Who says about testing the food? If you don't want, then I'll just eat it by myself.” I said before stuffing the steak in my mouth. “Wahh~ Kyuhyunnie this is good.” I complimented him while chewing the food. 

“Eomma cooked it, not me.”

“Jinjja?!!” I asked, eyes widened. “Waahhh~ Eomm—auntie is a really good chef!”

“What did you just call her?”

“Auntie, waeyo?!”

“No! I heard you, you called her omma!”

“And so? What if I called her omma?! We’re friends, I can call your mom ‘eomma’, and so you can.”

“Friends? We’re friends… only?” he asked in a serious tone. Okay what’s wrong with Kyuhyun today?? >.<

“Of course I didn’t mean it that way… I mean you’re my boyfriend…. Ayssi let’s just eat.” I said, changing the topic and continue eating my steak. 

 

“Kyuhyun-ah,” I called him after a while, remembering to ask him about the reason for all of this. 

“Yes?”

“What’s up with today? Why did you prepare a candlelit dinner? Why did you bother your mom to cook dinner?” I asked simultaneously. 

“You really don’t know?” he asked, but I just stared at him. Ayssi. I don't really know!  “It’s the day when you confessed to me.”

“Mwo?!”

“I said this is the day when you told me that you like me.”

“Mworago?! Ya, you’re making it sound like I asked you out!”

“Why, didn’t you??” he shot back.

“But... You felt the same way, right?” I said, feeling a little embrrassed. 

“Yeah. But still, you asked me out.” he pointed out, making me pout. Damn it. Yeah… I technically did ask him out.

“Ayssi. Arrasseo you win! So… Happy anniversary?” I said, unsure, while just nodded. 

“But… How come you don’t remember?” he asked with a hint of disappointment in his tone. 

“Well… I’m not good at remembering dates, you know.”

“No you’re not! Of course you are good at them! That’s the only part in our quizzes which you can answer! Dates! That’s why I’m a little hurt when you said you don’t remember.”  He pouted.

“Aww… Sorry honey….” I apologized. “It’s just that…”

“What?!” he asked.

“I got some problems nowadays….” I said, bowing a little but then he just gave me a warm smile.

“It’s okay." He replied, standing up before walking to my side and kneeling down. He gave me that cute smile once again before bringing out something from his pocket. 

 

“Happy anniversary!” he greeted as he opened the box containing a beautiful bracelet. 

“Can you wear it for me?” I asked him, and so he did.

“Aww… Kyuhyunnie you’re so sweet! Thank you so much!” I said as I helped him to stand up. “But… I don’t have a gift….” I said, feeling sorry. But instead of answering, he just wrap his arms around my shoulder, embracing me with his warmth. 

“It’s okay. You forgot, right? But don’t forget it next time, okay?” he pulled back to caress my face, I just nodded. “May I ask you something?” he asked once again. “Will you… stay by my side forever?” he asked as I felt my throat getting dry. 

 

 I was about to answer him, when suddenly there was a loud thunder that interrupted me. We both looked up just meet up a really dark sky. 

 

“I think it’s going to rain.” I said, he just nodded.

“Let’s fix everything?” he asked, walking over the table and started fixing the plates.

“Kyuhyunnie~” I called him out.

“Hmm?” he paused from fixing the plates before looking at me. 

“Yes.” I said.

“Yes…?” he asked, confused. 

“About your question a while ago…. I would love to stay by your side forever.” I smiled at him, before walking over and helping him with the plates. 

 

 

KYUHYUN’S POV

“About your question a while ago…. I would love to stay by your side forever.” I just felt myself staring at her, with a wide grin all over my face. I don’t know why, but those words felt really good.

“Ya, I thought you want to fix everything?” she said, snapping me out of my thoughts. But instead of helping her, I just pulled her in a tight hug.

“Thank you” I whispered in her ear, as I felt her hugging me back. 

 

We both pulled back from the hug after a while, just staring deeply into each other's eyes. 

I then started leaning in, our eyes slowly closing. 

When my lips were just a breath away from hers, I suddenly felt droplets of water dripping on my face. I immediately opened my eyes, looking up in the sky. Great timing. -;- 

_____ just giggled at our situation before giving me a soft peck on the lips before turning to the table to fix the plates. 

 

I quickly turned her body so that she could to face me again. I then gave her a warm smile before leaning in to give her a longer kiss.  

The rain then started pouring down heavily, but then that didn't stop us from kissing as she wrap her arms around my neck to pull me closer. 

 

"I love you….” I told her between our kiss.

“I love you too~” she said. 

 

 

sorry for breaking my promise.... XD anyway HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHINDONG OPPA! <3<3<3 

 

 

umm... sorry for the random chapter.... but i hope you like it! :)

please pray for my written exams! :D