Two Weeks

YOU BET!!!

Aaron and Ella walked side by side under the trees, continuing where the conversation left of while heading to the dorm. Chun, on the other hand, silently followed from behind, keeping his distance to hear every bit of their conversation.

He now realizes that he had done so much for Ella and her friend. Even though it gives him even more pressure than before, but he did not mind. He will not let Calvin take her away from him, even though he is her brother. Chun is somewhat in pity for Calvin though. It must be tough to love a girl that does not love you back. But, he is impressed by Calvin's determination to win over Hebe's heart.

"So Elle, you actually transferred here just for Chun?" Aaron suddenly asked.

"Me? What? No. I didn't even know that he studies here." Ella explained.

Upon hearing this, Chun heart is hurt. It was not hurt that much, but it was still hurt. Hearing that Ella was not here for him, was like lightning struck on his ear.

"Then, you are here because...?" Aaron asked again.

"I'm here to chase my dreams." Ella said. She looked up to the sky and her hand reached up to sky, as if trying to grab something. Her eyes sparkled and showed determination at the same time. It was mesmerizing to see.

"But, since I also met Chun here, then I also wanted to thank him, by helping him chase his dreams." Ella added.

"What do you mean?" Aaron asked.

"He maybe didn't know this, but he actually still loves basketball. He just won't admit it. I've seen how he looked to the basketball court. I know that he still loves it. I'm in some way thankful that my brother challenged him because this way he was able to come back to the basketball court." Ella explained.

"Is this really for him or Hebe?" Aaron asked again.

"Well, for Hebe is just a bonus. I don't know what will happen when she finds out that Chun actually quit basketball before. Perhaps she will go into depression again. But in my heart, I know that Hebe's changed and I believe that she will understand his reasons. Chun, on the other hand, he loves basketball. I just want him to be able to make himself happy." Ella said with a smile on her face.

Upon hearing this, Chun can feel butterflies bursting from inside his stomach. He never heard anyone said anything like that about him, ever. Not even from Charlene, and she claimed to be his number one fan.

"You seemed to know him better than I do. And I knew him way longer than you." Aaron said, he is somewhat in a protest, in a kind of joking way.

"It's because I'm his roommate. If I didn't know him better, then might just say that I'm living with a ghost." she replied.

Aaron and Ella just looked at each other and laughed at what the other just said.

"But, Elle. Would your dreams be ruin if you go back?" Aaron asked.

Ella suddenly stopped. This is what she had been thinking the whole night and day. She managed to forget about it when she told Aaron the story, but everything is coming back to her now.

Aaron slapped himself. LITERALLY slapped himself. He cursed himself in his head. Cursing how stupid, insensitive, and clueless he was.

"I'm sorry Elle, I didn't mean it to say it like that, but-"

"No problem. I know what you mean. In some way it would be an obstacle to reach my dreams if I go back, but I'll manage to find other ways to reach my dreams. So win or not, Chun doesn't have any involvement in me reaching for my dreams." Ella explained.

Even though, she herself knows that if Chun lost the match then it will be the same as him crushing her dreams, but she does not want to think about it. She wants to put that idea to the side. It was her problem to begin with and Chun should not have been dragged down into it.

When he heard this, Chun felt even more pressure than before. He never thought winning the match was that important to Ella. But this makes him wants to win even more. Not just to keep Ella by his side, but also because he does not want to crush someone else' dreams, especially if that someone does not do anything wrong to him and cares so much about him.

"So this Hebe girl, how is she now?" Aaron asked, trying to change the topic.

"She is good now." Ella said with the biggest smile on her face. "We never talk about that painful time again, but if we ever slipped, we just laughed it out. Hebe kept thanking Chun every time we talked about it. She is his biggest fan, you know? She likes to repeat what he said. There was not a day without her saying something that came out of his mouth."

"Well, it's good that everything is alright now." Aaron said, glad that Ella was smiling instead of crying when talking about Hebe.

"Yeah. Do you want to see pictures of her? She's very pretty, you know? She is one of the school belle." Ella said.

Before Aaron got a chance to refuse, Ella quickly took out her cellphone from her pocket. She quickly searched for Hebe's pictures. It was not hard, especially since her two best friends, often took pictures with her phone. Well, actually this goes vice versa. The three of them love taking pictures of themselves and the others so each of their phones are filled with pictures of the others.

"Here it is. Selina took this when she wasn't looking. Pretty isn't she?" Ella said while showing Aaron the picture.

Aaron looked at the picture carefully. Hebe was sitting under a tree, her eyes wandering through the blue sky. Her back leaned against the tree behind her. Her knees were bent up with her hands on top of them. She did not look at the camera, but he can see it very clearly how her eyes sparkle. Her chin-length straight black hair framed her face perfectly. She looked very peaceful but also vulnerable and fragile at the same time. Making Aaron just wants to hold her tight in his arm and protects her from everything in the world.

"Beautiful." Aaron said. Ella knew that he was captivated by the beauty in the picture.

"You like her? I can introduce you to her if you want." Ella said.

Aaron quickly snapped himself upon hearing this. It was not that he did not want to; any guy would be a fool for not wanting a girl like Hebe. But he knows that he would lose to Calvin before he even started. He knows that he could not love someone as much as Calvin does to Hebe.

"Me? No. No, thank you. I don't think I can compete with your brother. And I don't think I want to be your brother's enemy." Aaron said.

Ella giggled upon hearing this. Well, it is true what Aaron said, especially after seeing how her brother treated Chun the other day. No one will ever want to be his enemy. Aaron just looked at the 'guy' beside him and giggled along with him. They continued their walk along the path back to their dorm, with the trees swinging back and forth alongside them and the blue sky watching over them from above.

------------------------------------------------------------

It has been days since Calvin challenged Chun to the one on one basketball match. Ella is still worried about it, but she managed to put her act together and pretends that she is just happy that Chun is back on the court. Even though, everyone else believes her act but not Chun. He sees her sleepless night and her worried look every time she wakes up.

Ella tried her best to support Chun. She did not want him to feel any more pressure than he already had. Occasionally she would sit on the side of the court, watching him played by himself. She never forgets to bring water, towel, and snacks for him. She never accompanies him when he was with Jiro though. She thought that if there were too many people on the court then he would get distracted.

Some days she will just watch him from a far, while he was practicing by himself. Ella thought that he would need some alone time to think, whether he really needed it or not. But she always does that mostly because Charlene was on the court with him, cheering for him. Even though she knows that Charlene does not mean anything to Wu Chun, she feels that it is not ethical for her to ruin the moments between the two. Especially after seeing how determine and happy Charlene was when she saw Chun back on the court.

Ella was just watching Chun from a distance, hiding behind the trees. He was practicing by himself this time. She can see how serious he was, sweats dripping down from his head, arms, and legs. She could see Chun's perfect muscular body because he did not wear his shirt on. Ella was going to sit next to the court, watching him, cheering for him, but then she decided it was best for him to concentrate without her being a distraction.

Ella kept looking at Chun very seriously. She had never seen him like this. She has always seen coldness and sadness in his eyes, longing for something. But now, it was different. His eyes are filled with fire, ambition, he is eager to win and Ella can see it clearly.

Her deep thought was soon stopped when someone suddenly patted her shoulder. Ella quickly turned around and was surprised to see who that person was.

"You?" Ella asked in surprised.

"Hi. I'm Charlene Choi. You must be the one that make Chun come back to the court. Danson told me the whole story few days ago." she said while offering her hand for a handshake.

"Oh. Hello. I'm Ello Chen, nice to meet you." Ella said while shaking her hand.

"Care to sit down?" Charlene asked again.

Ella nodded and smiled at her as an answer. They both walked to the nearby tree closer to the court and they sat there, under it, watching Wu Chun playing across the tree. They managed to keep their distance so that he did not notice they were watching him, just to let him focus.

"I've never seen him like this before." Charlene said. Her eyes are focus on Chun.

"Charlene, what do you mean?" Ella asked.

"Oh, please call me Ah Sa. It's easier."

"Oh, okay. Ah Sa, isn't this how he look when he plays?" Ella asked again.

"Never like this. Not even before his injuries. He's never been so...", Charlene tries to find the correct word, "ambitious".

"Really?"

Ella acts dumb. She sees the ambition on Chun's eyes. But she thought she was the only person that able to see it. Even more surprising than knowing that Charlene notices this too, is the fact that even Charlene who is his biggest fan, who follows his journey from the start, never ever seen that look on his face before.

Charlene does not answer her. She kept looking at Chun. Fascinated by the way he plays. Little that Ella knows, that Charlene was actually in deep thought, thinking about Chun and the 'guy' beside her.

"You really like him, don't you?" Ella asked.

Charlene just nodded. She kept looking at Chun who was still playing on the court. It took her moments later until she finally talks to Ella.

"But he never knows I exist. Never once did he ever listen to me, especially about returning to the court." Charlene said to her.

"What are you talking about? He knows you exist, he often talks to you. I've never ever seen him talking to another girl before." Ella said trying to comfort her.

Even though, Charlene is nobody to her, but she somewhat feeling pity for her. She herself knew how the feeling of being invisible in front of the person she liked. She was lucky however that it did not last long.

"He is just being nice to me. It's called being polite. It's different." Charlene explained. She then relieved a big sigh and looked at Ella.

"You're the first person that able to convince him to get back to the court." Charlene added.

Ella just stays still when she heard this. The way Charlene said that sentence was flat, without a tone. So Ella was confused on whether Charlene was angry or happy about it.

"Thank you." Charlene said to her, now looking at her directly in her eyes.

"Well, you shouldn't thank me. I didn't do anything. It was my brother who challenged him. And just don't thank him or anyone. Chun played basketball again because it was his choice, not because of anyone else. Anyway I'm afraid that if he lost this match that he would never play again, ever." Ella explained to her.

"Well, you believe that he will win, won't you?" Charlene asked.

"Well... yeah, but-"

"Then there's nothing to worry about. The main thing is that you believe in him. And trust me, if you weren't here, he probably will never get back to the court." Charlene said.

"But-"

Charlene took a deep breath and then relieved a big sigh. She stood up and then looked at Ella who was still sitting under the tree.

"Just take care of him for me, okay? Don't leave him. Don't break his heart." Charlene said.

"Wait what do you mean? Are going somewhere?" Ella asked while she was standing up.

"I'm not going anywhere. Just take care of him, okay? He listens to you better than he listens to me." Charlene said.

She was looking to the basketball court, trying to find Chun, who is now nowhere to be found.

"Elle!" someone shout her name.

Ella and Charlene looked at the person calling them.

"Danson?" said the both of them when they saw him walking towards them.

Danson quickly walked to Ella's side and wrapped his arm around her shoulder. He looked at Ella for a moment and then turned his gaze to Charlene.

"So Ah Sa, what do you think of our new friend here, quite a keeper, eh?" Danson asked Charlene with his iest smile.

"Yes. He's different." Charlene said.

They are quiet after that. Ella does not know what has got into the both of them that make the atmosphere there so intense. The awkward silence just making Ella even more nervous than she already had.

"Well, I have something else to do so I better run. Bye." Charlene said in a hurry while leaving the both of them.

Danson just waved good bye at her and gave her his most amazing smile. Ella said good bye to her and smiled to her. The both of them just looked at Charlene who is now out of sight.

"So... You know her?" Ella asked trying to break the silence.

"We're... friends, I guess. Why? Jealous?" Danson said.

"Why would I be jealous?" Ella said to him.

"You know Elle, you're so cute! She's my ex. We were a couple a long time ago. Although, now she says that she has a crush on Chun, but I know that she is still in love with me." Danson explain.

Ella did not expect him to say everything right in her face. She could not care less about what was going on in Danson's life. All she care about now is the basketball match.

"Why did you say that?" Ella asked. It was not curiosity that made her ask that question. She was just responding to what he just said. a way of being nice, perhaps.

"You know her nick name, Ah Sa?" Danson asked her. Ella just nodded. "Well, I gave it to her." Danson answered smiling.

He looked at Ella, still smiling. He had a smirk on his face; it was like he was thinking something. Something that is not good. Something erted.

"Do you want a nick name from me?" he said to Ella.

He leaned closer to her. He held her chin and just gazed upon her big dark eyes. Ella was frozen in place. She was lost in his dark sharp eyes. They were intense. No wonder every girl that looked at him fell for him. Those eyes were just irresistible.

"Elle..." someone called her.

Danson and Ella quickly snapped out of themselves and looked. It was Chun and he already dressed in his T-shirt.

"Chun, you're done practicing?" Ella asked.

Danson just smiled at Chun and wrapped his arm around Ella. Ella did not react to it. She was kind of getting use to Danson's treatment around her. She noticed that he became a flirt whenever he was around Ella. She did not know why exactly, but she did not care one bit.

"Elle, I'm hungry. You wanna join me?" Chun asked.

Ella just answered him with a nod and a smile. She quickly let go of Danson's arm around her and walked towards Chun. Just as she was beside Chun, she turned around and faced Danson.

"Danson, do you want to join us?" she asked.

Danson did not answer her for a while. He kept thinking, and then he saw a death glare coming from Chun's eyes. He smiled to them. It was very charming, but it also hidden his deep thought from them.

"You two go ahead. I'll meet you in the dorm later." Danson said.

Chun and Ella did not asked any further and quickly left. There was an awkward silence between the both of them. Ella did not know what to say to him. She was going to ask him about his practice, but seeing how he was soaking in sweat, she was pretty sure of the answer.

"I don't like it when you're around Danson." Chun suddenly said.

"Why?" Ella asked.

"I just don't." Chun was tired that he did not care to explain.

Ella is still confused. She never knows why, but every time Chun and Danson are together in the same room, the atmosphere becomes intense. Well, at least every time she was in the room with them. She asked Jiro and Aaron about this situation but they did not know the answer either. They said that Danson and Chun were good friends before; they never had a big problem that could ruin their friendship. They also said that they have never seen the intense moments between Chun and Danson. Well, about this Ella can agree, because every time there was that intense moment, she was the only one left in the room with them.

Ella relieved a deep sigh and just walked. Chun did not say anything much after that. In fact, he did not say anything at all. It was awkward silence from that point on.

"Elle..." Chun suddenly called her.

"Hmm?" Ella turned and faced him.

"However the match goes. Promise me that you'll stay, okay?"