I Love You Too Much

YOU BET!!!

"Xuxu! Wait!" Ella shouted.

Xuxu did not listen to her, he kept running away from her and Ella quickly ran towards him, hoping she was able to catch up to him. Chun, Jiro, and Aaron on the other hand, are left frozen, confused at what just happened.

"Xiao Chen?" Aaron asked. "Who the hell is Xiao Chen?"

"And that guy. Xuxu?" Jiro asked. "Isn't that kinda weird name for a dude?"

Chun did not comment on any of his friends thought. His mind kept thinking about Ella's relationship with this 'Xuxu' guy.

"You guys go ahead to the canteen. I have something else to do." Chun said.

Jiro and Aaron did not question any further and quickly left. After his friends left, Chun quickly went to chase after Ella. He kept running and running and finally stopped when he saw Ella with Xuxu.

They were standing among the threes. Ella was behind Xuxu, facing his backside. It was very quiet there, so Ella knew that the both of them are alone. Chun quietly walked closer to them. He managed to hide behind the trees. He kept his distance so that he is still able to watch them, but also able to hear them without them noticing his presence.

Ella and Xuxu just stood there. They did not say anything to each other. There was awkward silence in the air.

"Give me back the ring." Xuxu suddenly said.

"NO!" Ella shouted while holding the ring on her neck.

"I said give it back!" Xuxu shouted.

Ella was stunned by what he just said. After all these years in a relationship, never once did he ever shouted at her. This was the first.

"I said NO!" Ella shouted back.

Xuxu did not answer her. He was angry at her. His palm started to form a fist. He was ready to punch anyone coming near them.

"Look at me. I said LOOK AT ME!" Ella shouted. She held both of his arms, forcing him to turn around and face her.

They are now face to face to each other. Xuxu's face is full red. Ella knows that he is furious with her right now. He is very angry that even though they are face to face, he does not bother to look at her in the eye. He does not see Ella's teary eyes. He does not want to see it. He does not want to be weak.

"Hey. Look at me." Ella said again. Her voice is softer now. She held his face to make sure that he really looks at her in the eye.

"I'm not gonna give you back the ring. The day you give me this, you said that I can only let it go when I'm not in love with you anymore. And I still am."

"You call that love? I trusted you and you betray me. How is that love?" Xuxu asked. He can see she was holding back her tears, but he has to act tough. He did not want to be weak in front of her.

"I'll never betray you! I love you!" Ella said to him.

"You lied to me! And that's the same!" he said. He forced Ella to let go of his face.

"I can explain."

"Do you know how shock I was when I found out that Farmosa University is actually a boys' school? Or when I saw you dressed as a guy and hang out with bunch of those guys?"

"I can explain."

"Alright, explain then!"

Ella took a deep breath and then began to talk. "Few months ago, Angela and I made a bet. If I able to stay here and disguise myself as a boy for a full year, she will have to move from Shanghai School of Performing Arts and never bother me again."

"All of this for some stupid bet?"

"I'm not finished. Then Teacher Mei offered me a deal. If I able to do the same thing, but in two years’ time, he will cover all my expenses, pay my tuition fees, help me make my debut, everything. He'll help me become an actress, a real actress. I know you think that this is stupid and I'm sorry that I didn't tell you. But I have to follow my dream. I just-"

"Why didn't you tell me? All these years I trusted you with everything and yet you never did trust me, right? You can't even tell me the truth about this bet. You never trust me, so instead you lied to me."

"No! It's not what you think. I trust you. I really do."

"Then why did you lie to me? I've never lied to you and yet you make it so easy to lie to me like this."

"No! Xuxu, listen. I really don't intend to lie to you or keep secrets from you."

"Then why you did this for? You lied to me! You lied to me!"

"Stop it! Okay, you want to know why I can't tell you the truth about this bet from the beginning. Okay, I'll tell you. It's because..."

"Because of what?!"

"Because I love you too much, okay?! I love you too much!" Ella shouted.

She began to cry. She was unable to look Xuxu in the eyes because she cannot bear to see him still angry at her. She cannot accept the fact that he wanted the ring back. She loves him. She really does. Xuxu was stunned upon hearing the truth from Ella. He was shocked but happy at the same time. He immediately hugged her and let her leaned against his chest.

"I love you too much." Ella repeated herself. She is still crying. "When I told Selina and Hebe about this bet, Selina already told me to tell you, but I can't. I realize that if you know about this bet you'll be worried about me. And I know that you won't let me go. Out of all the people I know, only you are able to stop me. If you say no, I will immediately follow your word and turn down this opportunity. So I can't tell you, I'm afraid that I won't be able to say no to you. Because I love you too much, I care about your judgment too much. I care about you too much. I really don't want to lie to you or keep secrets from you. I really do. I just-"

Xuxu suddenly gave her a long passionate kiss to make her stop. He is happy to hear that the woman he loves also loves him dearly, but he also feel guilty because of what she thinks of him.

Ella did not know anything else to do but enjoy the kiss. It was the best make up kiss ever. Time stood still for them. She did not feel anything else; she can only feel the softest lips that are pressed against hers.

Chun stood behind the trees watching the couple exchange kiss. He was angry with how Xuxu treated Ella before, but now he was furious. Seeing him kissing Ella like that just make him wants to rip his face apart. How can someone that just hurt her that much, get a kiss as a punishment? That is just too much for him to handle. To save himself from further heartbreak, Chun slowly left the two love birds alone, still busy eating up each other’s faces.

After they were out of breath, Xuxu retreated back and hugged her. He hugged her ever so tightly as if someone is going to take her away from him.

"I'm sorry that I make you feel that way. I would never ever, in a million years, want you to choose between me and your career. Yes, if you told me about the bet before, I will worry about. But that doesn't mean that I won't support you. I love you."

Ella was shocked upon hearing this. So that means he let her stay, right? She just looked at him in the eye. Determine to confirm his decision.

"I'm not going to ask you to go home with me. This is what you want and this is the path to your career and I'm not going to stop you. I'm just very very sorry that I ever make you feel that you have to choose between me and your career and making you unable to chase your dreams. I'm sorry."

"You're really going to let me stay?" Ella asked.

"Even though I'm reluctant to do so but yes, I'm letting you stay. Just be safe, okay? I'm worried about you being with all of those guys."

"Thank you. Xuxu, thank you." she said while tighten her grip over him. "You know, those guys are nice. I should introduce you to them so you won't be too worried." Ella added with a smile on her face.

------------------------------------------------------------

Everyone is already seated in their chairs. In the rectangle table they sat. Ella was sitting next to Xuxu, while Chun, Jiro, and Aaron sat across them.

"Well, I'm sorry that I leave you guys like that. Oh, right where are my manners. Everyone, this is Jerry Yan. He is my senior in my old school. He's in the music program, the same as Hebe." Ella said. "And this is Aaron Yan, Jiro Wang, and Wu Chun." she added while pointing at the three of them respectively.

All the guys exchange handshake and then looked at each other.

"Oh, I almost forget. Chun here is Hebe's idol. You know, right?"

"Oh yeah, nice to meet you." Jerry said to him. They had their handshake but there was something awkward between the two. Chun did not say anything or even smiled at him the whole time.

"So Jerry, I was a bit confused when you saw the four of us walking together. Why did you immediately run away?" Jiro asked.

"Oh, that. It's because Xiao Chen here said that he wasn't able accompany me to the airport because of something important came up. It turns out that he just playing with you guys." Jerry said while smiling and rubbing Ella's head.

"Oh, right, you called him Xiao Chen. I was confused when you arrived. I thought someone spotted the wrong person or something. And Elle here is also weird. His name is Jerry, not Xuxu." Aaron said.

"His chinese name is Yan Chengxu. So of course I call him Xuxu." Ella said. "And Xiao Chen is my pet name from him." she added with a smile on her face.

"Why ‘Xiao Chen’?" Aaron asked.

"Well, I already knew Calvin years before I knew him and I always call him Chen, not Calvin. When I met Xiao Chen here, he was so much like Calvin; you know the mini version of him so I called him Xiao Chen. As in Little Chen."

Aaron and Jiro immediately let out an 'Oh...' in understanding. As in for Chun, he just sat in front of them, trying to hold back his anger. He was so pissed off seeing the two love birds in front of him. Maybe Jiro and Aaron did not see them as a couple because the fact that Ella is still disguise as a boy, but he knows that she is not and every single thing the both of them do just really wants to make him vomit.

------------------------------------------------------------

It has been weeks now since Jerry visited Ella. Everyone already found out that Ella had her birthday on the Saturday. They actually wanted to throw her a party that mainly involves getting drunk and wasted, but Ella refused. So everyone just say 'Happy Birthday' to her.

As the days go by and the weeks began to pass, Ella slowly realized that Chun has becoming his old self. It was weird and Ella did not know how and why this happened. He became quiet and cold towards everyone, especially her. He did not talk much anymore. He never asked what she was doing or eat with her or even walk to class with her. He started to treat her the way he used to when she first arrived. And this is starting to piss her off.

Ella was on her way back to her dorm room. She was just finished practicing taekwondo with Jiro. Today is the day. She is going to confront Chun about his sudden changes, whether he likes it or not. She is just pissed off.

She was walking across the living room to her bedroom, when she suddenly stopped. It was rare to see someone sitting in the living room, alone, without doing anything, let alone if that someone is actually a girl.

Ella observed her carefully from head to toe and then realized something.

"Hebs?" she asked. She did not shout at her, but her voice was loud enough for her to hear.

The girl suddenly turned around and was stunned to see Ella. She quickly ran towards her and hugged her.

"Sis!" she said.

"Hebe, what are you doing here? Why didn't you call me? I should have pick you up." Ella said to her.

Both of them are still hugging each other. It seems like forever since the two shared a long hug like this. The only person missing in this reunion is Selina. She really misses her sisters, her best friends, Hebe and Selina. Especially since Chun became cold towards her again.

Hebe slowly loosens up her hug and let go. For a moment Hebe just stared at Ella. Her eyes are intense and serious. Something must be wrong.

"I have something important to tell you." Hebe said.