Sisters

YOU BET!!!

"So, what do you want to talk about?" Ella asked.

Ella had just took Hebe out to the park nearby to avoid being disturb by her other schoolmates. And she really believes that they will disturb their conversation, especially since no guy is able to take their eyes off Hebe. Just on their way there, numerous guys actually stop and drool when they saw Hebe walked pass them and then surprised when they saw the gorgeous beauty was walking with none other than the average Ello Chen.

This sometimes pisses her off. It is bad enough that when she was with Selina and Hebe no one acknowledge her. Do not get her wrong, she loves her two best friends, correction, sisters, more than anything in the world. But it is just hard to be able to keep up with their presence. Especially since guys usually prefers them over her. Now, things have gotten worse. She is not beautiful enough to be a girl and just average as a guy. What is she supposed to be then, a drag queen?

Ella is waiting for an answer. It is rare for Hebe to use that kind of tone on her, so she knows that something really important came up.

Hebe relieved a deep sigh and then looked at Ella.

"Well, before we talk about something serious, I want to say 'HAPPY BIRTHDAY'!!!" she shouted, right in front of Ella's face.

Ella was quite stunned by what just happened, but quickly snapped herself back to reality.

"Ah... Be, thank you. I miss you so much, and Lao Po (Selina), and GuiGui, too bad only you came, but I'm really really thankful that you came." Ella said, hugging her best friend.

"Yeah, sorry they can't come. You know how tight the school is. They almost won't let me visit you, saying that it would be hard for Lao Po to maintain the dorm by herself. Lao Po and I are co-supervisors of dorm 3 now." Hebe said still hugging Ella.

They kept hugging for the next couple of seconds, until Hebe let go of her.

"Wait. I got more surprise." Hebe said. She tried to find something in her bag. "I know it's late but... TA DA!" She said while holding a big scrapbook from her bag.

"What's this?"

"This is a present for you." Hebe said, handing the scrapbook to Ella.

"You don't have to. I really don't want to cause trouble for you."

"We don't find any troubles at all. This is your birthday present, okay? Just accepted with a smile or my hard work with Lao Po's will go down the drain." Hebe said.

Ella looked at the scrapbook carefully. It is a black scrapbook with white and hot pink ornament on it, her favorite color combination. In the cover, there is a picture of the three of them. Ella is in the middle, with Selina and Hebe on each side, kissing her cheeks. Then under the picture, written in silver, 'S.H.E Friends Forever, Sisters, and Family’.

"I love it. Thank You." Ella said, hugging Hebe again.

"We made this ourselves. We figured that since you'll be here for a while, so you must be missing everyone back home, especially us. Hehehe... So we made this for you so that you won't be so lonely or miss us too much." Hebe explained as Ella went through each pages of the scrapbook. It was filled with all the pictures from years and years of their friendship. And also some other pictures with her other friends.

"Oh, I almost forget. Here." Hebe said while handing a rectangular black box wrapped with silver and gold ribbons.

"What is it?" Ella asked while taking the box from Hebe's hand.

"I don't know. GuiGui gave it to me. She misses you, you know? She even wanted to come but the school won't let her." Hebe explained.

Ella opened the box and was shocked to see what is inside. A pair of custom made drum sticks. All black with nylon tips. Ella grabbed a stick and twirled it around with her right hand. It is the perfect size for her small hands. It is not too light or heavy either, just perfect. On the body of the neck, written in silver, her name, Ella. Next to her nickname, her Chinese name 'Chen Jia Hua' (陳嘉樺), written in gold. This really suits her because it is custom made just for her but it is not too over the top, still simple, just the way she likes it.

Ella looked inside the box and found a small piece of paper. It is from GuiGui. The letter goes.

'Senior Ella, Happy Birthday. Sorry that I can't visit you, I miss you so much. Hope you like the drum sticks. It is custom made but still simple. Just like you, one of a kind but yet humble.

Again, Happy Birthday, hope all your wishes, hopes, and dreams come true.

Love, GuiGui'

"Thanks, Gui." Ella whispered.

"She really is a very thoughtful girl. The guy who becomes her boyfriend will be very lucky." Hebe commented as Ella put the drum sticks back on its case.

"Yeah. She is like a little sister too me. Well after you two of course." Ella said.

"I know. She's like a little sister to us too. But she favors you more. She really misses you, you know? Without you mentoring her, she just seems lost. She sometimes even came to our room just to lie in your bed." Hebe said.

"Well, she gets lonely sometimes. Just let her be, okay? I know she's a strong girl and with or without me, she'll still be great." Ella said.

She really does misses GuiGui. She is her 'other' sister. She is very talented and vulnerable. She is not the typical girl that can actually fight in the showbiz world. Ella did not know when exactly, but the two just clicked. Beside her mom and her two best friends, GuiGui is another important woman or girl in her life. And from the day GuiGui snatch the lead role from her, she swore that she will mentor her and protect her from harm. She did not want the same case that happened to her because of Angela, happens to GuiGui. She is still young and did not know how to protect herself.

"So what do you want to talk about?" Ella suddenly asked.

Hebe relieved a deep sigh and finally talks.

"I'm going to England next week."

"England? How come? How long?" Ella suddenly surprised.

"A month. You know Teacher Lee from the music program?" Ella nodded. "Well, he got me into this student exchange program, full scholarship. So I just need to go there, everything else have been covered, even the plane fees." Hebe explained.

"Well in that case, I'm happy for you. Just be careful, okay?" Ella said while hugging her. "Oh, my little Hebe has grown up in a blink of an eye. And now, she is already on her way to England. Huhuhu..." Ella said.

"Aiyo! It's just a month. What about you? Two years, Elle. Two years!" Hebe said while letting go of her hug.

"Hey, I'm not that far away from home. While you, you even need to learn a new language. So, how's Selina taking all this news?" Ella suddenly asked.

"She's as supportive as she'll ever be. After I left she will be sole supervisor, but become co-supervisors again when I get back. She asked her sister and GuiGui to move in with her, just so that she doesn't get too lonely." Hebe explained.

"Well, that's good. At least, she has some company. I'm glad that Rong Rong (Selina's sister, Kirsten Reng Rong Xuan) finally transferred to our dorm. It's nice that she and GuiGui get along well."

Hebe did not respond. She was suddenly quiet. Ella noticed this and began to worry.

"Hebe, what's wrong?" Ella suddenly asked.

Hebe finally snapped herself back to reality. She looked at Ella and relieved a deep sigh.

"Calvin told me everything." Hebe said.

"What did he tell you? That brother of mine! Really I need to teach him some lesson!" Ella mumbled.

"Don't get mad at him. You know that he never lies or keeps secrets from me." Hebe said to her.

Ella just stared at Hebe. She really is one of the most considerate girls on the planet. It is too bad that she does not love her brother because if she does then it will be just perfect, her best friend, marrying her brother. That would make them real sisters, in-laws.

"He told me that Chun quit basketball before, but he managed to make him get back to the court. Although, I was mad at him and give him the silent treatment for a whole week when he told me how he managed to do it, really; Calvin sometimes unable to think straight. Sacrificing you like that. Jeez! I don't know what goes in his brain sometimes. He's just too careless!" Hebe started to raise her voice. She was furious.

"Well, well, calm down. Who again said that I shouldn't get angry with him?" Ella .

"I'm sorry, it's just he is just too much sometimes." Hebe said while letting out another deep sigh.

"Well, I know how he is. He just loves you and don't want you to get depressed again. How are you feeling by the way?" Ella asked.

"Well, when he told me that Chun quit I was actually shocked and sad, but I'm not depressed. I think I will never go down to that road again because I have you guys. And besides, Chun is already back playing basketball again. So I should be happy."

"That's good. I'm sorry I didn't tell you immediately though. I just don't want to see you like that again, especially since I'm here and not able to be by your side."

"That's okay. I understand. By the way, Calvin wanted to give you this." Hebe said while giving Ella a square white box from her bag.

"You know, you've become Santa Claus overnight. How many presents do you have in there?" Ella said while looking into her bag.

"This is the last one. He said he still doesn't have the face to face you after what happened. He told me the whole story about the letter too, you know. He said that was the hardest thing to do in his life, even compare to the numerous love confessions he has given me."

"I thought my mom's letter was his present."

"Well, at first he thought that way, but he changed his mind. He said that your mom's letter is rightfully yours, so it's not a gift. Just think of it as your mom's present to you, he said."

Ella did not say any word and quickly opened the box. Inside, she finds a small dagger and a multipurpose pocket knife, with her initials on each of them.

"Typical. But it's nice of him though. My knife is getting a little dull." Ella said while holding the dagger.

"He said he wanted to give you a baseball bat, but decided not to because it's too much hassle for me." Hebe said to her.

"Yeah. This is typical of him. I'm confused why he didn't just give me a gun instead."

"Hello?! You're not certified. Ring any bell?" Hebe . "Oh, and one more thing."

"What?"

"Calvin insisted on going with me to England."

"WHAT?!?! Is he crazy or something? Doesn't he have a job and school works to do in Shanghai?" Ella said.

"That's what I said. But he just won't give up. He said he's afraid that I might get into troubles when I'm there."

"You're in trouble? The more likely scenario is he's in trouble."

"I know, right? So..." Hebe suddenly looked at Ella with her puppy eyes. Ella cursed the day she taught her and Selina this trick.

"So what? What are you planning?" Ella said trying to avoid those puppy eyes.

"Well, your brother is still hoping for your forgiveness because of the whole challenge thing. So how about you tell him to stay in Shanghai to earn your forgiveness." Hebe pleaded.

"You do know that when it comes to him, you will always win his heart ten times over than me, right?"

Hebe relieved a big sigh, again. She finally turn off her sad puppy look and back to her normal look.

"Well, at least I've tried. So, how's your date with Jerry?"

"You know?"

"Of course, he begged Lao Po and I to tell your address, so he can surprise you." Ella's eyes went wide, so it was her best friends who give it her disguise away. "But we didn't say anything! We just said that you're staying in Taiwan and it was us who mailed his letter to you! He didn't have a clue about the whole bet and everything." Hebe quickly defended herself when she saw Ella's shocked face.

"Well, he found out." Ella said. Hebe's eyes went wide, she was shocked. "I didn't know how, or who told him, but he found out that I goes to Farmosa University, all boys' school. He was shocked and I finally told him the truth."

Hebe did not respond and just waiting for Ella to finish her story.

"He didn't break up with me, okay? He was rather considerate and I was quite shocked to see that. The date was splendid, as always."

"Well, at least everything went well." Hebe said.

Ella just nodded. She already drowns herself in admiration of the presents she received. All custom made just for her and all from the people she loves the most. Even though they cannot be there with her to celebrate her birthday, but she can feel the love from them in those presents.

"Oh, right. Ella, can you introduce me to Chun? I heard you and him are good friends." Hebe suddenly asked, sparkles in her eyes, her face full of anticipation.

"We're roommates. But not best buds. He's cold. He's gotten friendlier before, but he's cold again. So don't expect anything from him, okay?"

"Okay!" Hebe said with her thumbs up.

She is so excited that she is now finally able to meet her idol, her knight and shining armor. The guy who saved her, Saved her from depression, her hero.

------------------------------------------------------------

There they are, inside one of the cafe in the university. All five of them, face to face with each other, awkward.

"So, this is Hebe. Hebs, this is Aaron, Jiro, and of course-"

"Hi Chun!" Hebe passed the opportunity to shake hands with the other boys and goes straight to Chun, who actually does not offer his hand to her.

Aaron and Jiro slowly retreat their hands. Awkward and somewhat ashamed by what just happened. Chun on the other hand, just shook his hand, without any facial expression of course. He could not careless if he was shaking hands with a fan, a girl, or even the president; he is still pissed off about Jerry's visit the weeks before. It seemed that everyone that visited Ella will somehow ruined his day.

Well, let’s recap, shall we? When Calvin visited her, he challenged him and almost caused Ella to leave him. The next one is Jerry. And at that moment he found out about this huge bet and also that Ella is in fact taken. His heart broke that time. He has just lost the war before he even stepped foot onto the battle field. And this next one, what is she going to do with him?

"Okay, okay. I think that's enough." Ella said, breaking away the handshake between Chun and Hebe that seems just too long for Chun to handle, especially after seeing Chun's cold look. She knows that he is not happy meeting a wild fan like Hebe.

"So Hebe, how long are you planning to stay here?" Aaron asked, trying to open up a conversation.

He was instantly mesmerized by Hebe's presence, even though she did not acknowledge him one bit. She really is beautiful and vulnerable, just like in the picture he saw. She was no doubt a gorgeous girl and Calvin will be very lucky if he had her as a girlfriend. Unfortunately for him, this does not happened... yet.

"Just for tonight, I'm leaving tomorrow morning." Hebe said, now turning her gaze to Aaron, but frequently looking for Chun's eyes so their gaze can meet up and perhaps a magical moment can occur.

"So what a beautiful angel like yourself doing in here, my lady?" someone said out of the blue.

He quickly grabbed one of Hebe's hands and kissed it. Just like how a gentleman behaved in the Victorian Era.

"Danson Tang, my lady. And you are?" he said. Not breaking eye contact and still holding her hand, he even still in his bow position.

"Hebe... Tian." Hebe said. She was completely taken by surprise. Sure, numerous guys have drool over her, but to do this kind of introduction to her. Never!

"Okay. That's enough. Break it up you two." Ella said, separating the two hands.

Hebe and Danson's eyes are still locked to each other. Both are completely fascinated by the others' presence. Well, who wouldn't? The one is one of the beauties in Shanghai School of Performing Arts, and the other is the prince charming of Farmosa University.

"Nice to meet you, Ms. Tian." Danson said with his irresistible smile.

"Like wise." Hebe said.

"Ehem!" Ella chocked, hoping to break the magical moments between the two. And it did. "You know Danson, if you're interested in Hebe here, then you should be careful of my brother." Ella warned him.

"You're the Hebe Calvin talked about?" Danson asked.

Ella and Hebe just nodded simultaneously.

"Well, as long as there is no ring in that beautiful ring finger of yours then I guess I still have a fair fight." he said.

Ella and Hebe were just shocked upon hearing this. No one, and repeat NO ONE, has ever said something that daring after they found out about Hebe's relationship with Calvin; even Aaron who only saw a picture of Hebe, quickly back away when Ella tried to introduce him to her the first time.

"Until we meet again, Miss Hebe Tian." Danson said. Again he bowed down, held her hand, and gave it a peck on her fingers. Leaving Hebe stunned but also enjoyed every moments of it.

"Let me warn you to stay away from him." Ella told Hebe after Danson left.

"What's wrong with him? He seems nice, charming if I might add." Hebe said.

"Let me tell you. Words around here, every girl that talks to him will end up on his bed. Either they lose their innocence and/or get pregnant." Ella said.

Jiro and Aaron nodded in agreement.

"Really? Is he that bad?" Hebe asked. The thought of the ever so charming Danson being like that seems very unlikely.

Ella, Jiro, and Aaron still nodded.

"Well, in that case, I have Calvin to protect me." Hebe said confidently.

"That's what I'm afraid of." Ella said.

"What? That Danson will beat him up?" Hebe asked.

"Try the other way around." Ella said. "Remember your past boyfriend?"

Hebe tried to remember those events and it quickly chuckles her. She remembers how her ex-boyfriend, with beat up face and body, begged for her mercy. He even knelt down in front of her. The funny thing about that whole experience was the fact that Calvin was standing beside him, holding a baseball bat, just to make sure that her ex really apologize properly to her.

"Yeah. That guy will sue your brother if he even causes a scratch to his face. Wait, no. If he even cause a hair to fall from his head. Really that guy is a walking salon, if I might say." Jiro said.

"Especially seeing how Calvin treated Chun the last time he was here. Chun doesn't even do anything wrong to you." Aaron said. Jiro quickly smacked the back of Aaron head which make him realized that everything he said came out wrong, as usual.

"Chun, sorry about that. This is partially my fault. I'm sorry about how Calvin treated you the other day." Hebe said.

"No problem." Chun said with a small smile in the corner of his mouth.

This is his first words throughout the whole evening and the first smile after weeks. Hebe was just melted, seeing how her idol, her crush, just smiled at her like that. Now, she is content and happy and the purpose of her visit has now completed.

Even though Ella was happy seeing her best friend finally able to see Chun's smile and also happy because he was finally able to speak and smile for that matter, she cannot help herself of feeling somewhat shocked and perhaps a little hint of jealousy, knowing that the person that made him smile is not her, but her best friend instead.