The Deal

YOU BET!!!

"So? Do we have a deal?" asked Angela with a smirk on her face.

Ella can never stand that face of hers, especially with that smirk. All she wants now is to rip off that face with every last bit of her finger nails.

"Okay. I take that bet, but you must remember our terms and conditions." Ella replied, trying to hold her poise.

"Oh, sure, I'll give you my contract tomorrow. You should prepare yours if you don't believe my contract. But until we sign our contract, at least we should shake on It." said Angela.

Ella cannot stand to see her face any longer. She was still thinking why the hell she accepted Angela's bet, but she does not care. If that is the only way to get her out of her life then it is just a small price to pay. Ella takes Angela's hand and shakes it. They both look at each other, fire in their eyes. They look as if they are going to kill each other in the next second.

Each second passed and their grip over each other’s hand was getting stronger. Both of their hands are getting numb and both can feel their bones and knuckles starting to break. Just as their grip about to get stronger, both of them let go and stare at each other. Each passing second the room got colder and colder.

"We have a deal then." Angela said, trying to break the silence. Again she flaunts her sassy smile at her and flips her curly long dark brown hair.

Seeing that all her plan was working perfectly, she quickly left Ella alone in the dark room. Ella just stands there like a statue. She keep mumbling to herself. When she has enough and cannot keep the anger within her, she kneels to the ground and launches her right fist to the ground. She was lucky that the floor was carpeted, if not she would need to go to the infirmary to treat her hand.

----------------------------------------------------------

"You did WHAT!?!?!?!!?!!!" asked the girl next to Ella.

"Ella, are you sure you're going to do this? Don't rush yourself." said the other girl.

Ella did not listen to what her two best friends just said to her. Instead she keep punching her pillow and after all her energy wore out, she lays her head on her bed, covers her face with the pillow she just beat the hell up, and screams until gone dry. The other girls just stared at her, confused at what she had done and confused at what they should do to help her.

After a long deep breath and a long sigh, Ella sits up and lays the pillow on her lap. Once again a long deep breath and again she punches that innocent pillow like crazy.

"I HATE HER!!! I HATE HER!!! DAMN!!!! I WANT TO RIP HER FACE OFF! I WANT TO PULL HER ARMS OFF! I WANT TO CUT OFF HER LEGS! I WANT TO STAB HER HEART! I WANT TO KILL THAT HEARTLESS ! I WANT TO KILL HER! I... WANT... TO... KILL HER!!!" Ella screamed her heart out.

Her two best friends just sit there in silence. Over the years they have known Ella, only once did they ever saw her like this. But even then, her anger was not as huge as this. At that time, Ella was furious because her dad wanted to re-marry a woman after her mother passed away less than a year before hand. She was furious. But today her anger is taken to a whole another level that both Hebe and Selina had never seen before.

"Ella, please. You need to calm down. Think straight. You can't let the whole dormitory hear you." said Hebe that was sitting across her bed.

"I think it's too late." Selina informed the both of them.

She gets up from her sit next to Ella and then walks to the door. Sure enough, when she opens the door, a bunch of girls are standing in front of her, all with different expression on their faces. Some are confused, some are frightened, and some even shake their heads.

"There's nothing to see here. Go back to your room." Selina said to all the girls in front of her.

"Senior Selina, is everything alright? Is Senior Ella okay?" asked one of the girls. She was worried and frightened at the same time, and Selina noticed that.

"Don't worry about Ella, GuiGui. She was just practicing her new role for the upcoming school drama. I think she was into her character too much. I'll tell her to take it easy next time. You know how Ella is when she's in character. You don't need to worry about her. I'm really sorry to say this though, but I hope you don't bother her for the next couple of days. This goes the same to all of you. If you guys need anything, you can contact me or Hebe. Okay?" Selina explained to the crowd.

Everyone exchanges look with each other and then they look at her. They are relieved to hear Selina's explanation.

She smiles at them and says "Well, if there's nothing else, you all should be going to bed now. It's getting late."

After that she smiles once more, flips her long dark hair, waves good bye to them, and closes the door. She leans on the door behind her and relief a big sigh.

"See what you did? You even made little GuiGui worried!" said Selina while walking towards Ella.

She keeps pointing her index finger at Ella until she reaches her spot next to Ella, only to see Hebe in her spot. So she walks across and sits on Hebe's bed across Ella's. Ella ignores her and pushes her face further into the pillow.

"Aiyo... Ella... You can't do this to yourself." said Hebe while she keep brushing Ella's short dark hair with her fingers.

Hebe and Selina just stare at her. Confuse and pity over their best friend. For a minute their room was filled with silence. Nobody dares to speak and Ella does not bother to reply any of them either.

"You know. You can just cancel the bet. It won't matter anyway since you don't have a contract yet." Selina broke the silence.

Hebe stares at her, still in silence. Ella does not respond.

"Well... What Selina just said was right you know. You can just undo the bet and act as if nothing had ever happened." said Hebe.

She is hoping that Ella agrees with this idea because the bet is just dangerous and ridiculous at the same time, and she cannot let her best friend goes through with it. It is just plain NUTS!!!

Ella held her head up and looked at both of them. She looks at the pillow that is now already out of shape and throw it to the floor. She was furious.

She looks at her two best friends with fiery eyes and said to them "Are you NUTS!?!?!!??!!!"

Hebe and Selina freeze in place. They cannot say anything. In their mind they keep thinking who the real nut-head in their room is.

"I can't just back away from a bet that I just agreed on, especially not this. And more importantly, not against that She-Devil." said Ella.

"But Ella... That bet is ridiculous and impossible. And you can't let her plays you like that, just back away okay? We're worried about you." said Selina. She has to reason with her. She cannot just let her best friend do some stupid thing just because of some bet.

"Yeah Elle, Selina's right." said Hebe while nodding her head.

Ella holds up hear head and looks at them, straight in their eyes. Her eyes are her best feature. They can make you feel love and comfort but on the other hand, they can also stab your heart in an instant with that fiery and cold look.

"Impossible you said?" Ella said. Her voice started to shiver. She gets up from her bed and walks across the room. She stops in front of the wall that is covered with posters. She looks at it for a minute and then turns back to look at Hebe.

"Be... Do you remember what he said?" asked Ella while pointing her finger to the guy in the posters.

"Y-yes." Hebe stuttered. She did not dare to look at Ella's face.

"He said nothing is impossible. He is your biggest idol and you quote everything he said, especially that one. And now you said that the bet was impossible!?!?!?!?" Ella replied. Her eyes are burning with anger.

"But Elle..." Selina replied slowly.

"Stop. Please you guys. I know you guys are worried about me but you know that I never back away from my words and I'm not planning to start now." Ella tried to convince them.

"But Ellie, you can't let Angela plays you like this." said Hebe.

"Don't mention that evil witch's name in front of me. I don't want to hear her name." Ella replied while covering her ears with both of her hands. Her tone was flat and cold. Hebe and Selina can feel her hatred towards that She-Devil.

"I hate that woman. I hate her. I hate her! I HATE HER!!!" Ella screamed. She kicks the pillow that she threw away moments ago and then kicks it again and again like there is no tomorrow.

"Hey! Ella, stop it! Get a hold of yourself!" Selina tried to hold her friend in place.

"Ella calm down!!! I know you know Taekwondo, but you can't take your anger on that pillow. Look at it. If you continue, you won't have anything to hold your head while you're sleeping!" Hebe tries to shake her friend from her insanity and also tries to save the poor pillow that is still lying on the ground.

Ella freezes for a few seconds. She took a deep breath and just stood there silently with her two best friends holding her. Hebe is in front and Selina is behind her. Ella lays her head on Hebe shoulder and she starts to weep.

"Please... Please don't hold me back. If I back out from this bet, I'm not going to be able to face her. I need you to support me. Please..." Ella said slowly. Hebe and Selina do not respond. They just stand there while hugging her tight and brushing her soft hair.

"Be... You're the expert in making contracts; please help me so that she doesn't take advantages of me." Ella said slowly while looking at Hebe.

"Sel... You have to keep the girls coordinated, both of you. I'm sorry to have left my responsibilities to you both. But..."

"Ella dear... Come on. We're your best friends. Anyways all these time we always help you with your supervisor duties. So it won't be that much of a big deal." Selina replied.

For almost two years now Ella has been the supervisor for dorm 3 of the girls’ dormitory. But because of her busy schedule she sometimes asked Hebe and Selina for help. Luckily, her best friends always happy to help her and because they help her ever so more than occasionally, they unofficially became co-supervisor. Ella tried to make them official co-supervisor but the teachers never listen to her.

"What about your brother? You're not just going to run away without telling him are you?" Hebe suddenly asked.

Ella shakes her head and looks at Hebe. Hebe is one of best friends in the world. She is sweet, nice, calm, and very considerate towards her. She is also one of the school beauties. Her black hair that is cut just below her chin framed her oval face perfectly. And with those brown eyes, she can seduce and charm you with just one look.

"No. I'm going to tell him after I sign the contract. He'd done a lot crazier thing than I'd ever did. So I guess he won't mind that much, especially since he doesn't have a good come back speech to argue with me." Ella said with confidence.

"Then what about..." Selina could not finish her sentences.

Just as Selina started talking, Ella turned around and faced her. But when she realized what Selina was going to say to her, she broke down and cried.

"No... No... Please don't say it. Please..." Ella begged and begged.

"But... You're not going to tell him?" Selina asked again. She cannot bear to see her best friend cries but she have to ask her this.

"I can't. You know that he won't let me. And you know that I can never argue with him." Ella explained.

"But Ella... You can't lie to him. He needs to know the truth." Hebe tried to explain.

"I know but if I do, then..." Ella stopped for a moment, thinking about all the possibilities after she told him everything. "No, I can't. Hebe, Selina, please... I beg you don't tell him about the bet. Please..." Ella cried and cried.

Both Hebe and Selina cannot stand to see Ella like this so they both just agree. They both nod their heads and continue to hug Ella.

"Okay. Okay. We won't tell him. We promise. Now don't cry okay? We can't stand seeing you like this." said Selina comforting her.

Seeing Ella cries like a baby like this, is quite rare for Hebe and Selina. They have never seen her so vulnerable before. It was usually Ella who becomes their rock every time the other broke down in tears, and now it is the other way around.

Ella kept crying for the next hour and after she ran out of tears, they started to work on the contract.