Meet GuiGui

YOU BET!!!

Ella immediately recognized the girl crowded by the freshmen in front of her. And she shouted her name and the girl turned around to see her, it was just a confirmation of her suspicion.

The girl who Ella called ‘Gui’ immediately turned around to see the person who called her. The look on her big brown eyes changed from fear to comfort.

“You guys! Go away before I beat you up for messing with my GuiGui!” Ella shouted.

The crowd of freshmen immediately looked up to see Ella with her fist in the air. They already knew that messing with senior is bad enough and messing with Ella, who is famously known around the campus as the tough fighter, makes it worse.

Not wanting to be at the end of Ella’s punch, the freshmen immediately scribble away. As soon as the freshmen left, GuiGui’s face immediately lite up. With her widest smile and twinkling eyes, she quickly rushed towards her senior.

Ella did not waste any time to rush over her favorite junior. GuiGui is one of the most important people in her life. And even though she has not known her as long as she had known Selina and Hebe, GuiGui still has a special spot in her heart.

“Ell—--“ GuiGui shouted.

Luckily for Ella, before GuiGui managed to shout ‘Ella Jie’, she was able to muffle her. GuiGui’s eyes immediately widen to see Ella’s hand covering .

“Shh! Don’t ask anything. I’ll explain to you later. From now on, you know me as Ello, not Ella. I’m a boy and this is a boys’ school.” Ella explained rapidly. GuiGui’s eyes widen even more if it was possible.

“Now, from now, call me Ello Ge or Xue Zhang (學長). Understand?” Ella asked with her huge eyes, emphasizing that she was dead serious.

(Note: Xue Zhang 學長is a polite way to call Male Senior).

GuiGui slowly nodded, confirming her that she is somewhat understood what Ella was trying to say to her.

“Good.” Ella said while slowly releasing her hand from GuiGui’s mouth.

As soon as Ella’s hand left , GuiGui immediately hugged her. “Xue Zhang!” she shouted. “I really miss you!”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

“Everyone, this is GuiGui, she is my junior in my previous school.” Ella said to her friends.

“Hello.” GuiGui greeted with her warm smile.

Everyone just smiled back at her, including Chun. Even though Ella’s numerous visitors before GuiGui had made him feel unease because they usually caused something that can ruined his relationship with Ella, he did not have that kind of feeling towards GuiGui.

Everyone began to introduce themselves to her, from Jiro, and then Chun, and lastly Aaron. As they all take their seats in the cafeteria and began to dig in their lunch, they began to know a little bit more about this perky girl called GuiGui.

“So GuiGui, I honestly say that you have a weird name. It must be hard for you growing up.” Jiro suddenly commented.

Aaron immediately elbowed him in the stomach for being so blunt, but GuiGui does not seem to mind with what Jiro had just said. Instead, she just smiled at them.

“Well, GuiGui is not my real name of course. My name is Wu Ying Jie. My English name is Even Wu. GuiGui is my childhood nickname because I was quite mischievous during my childhood days. But everyone just called me GuiGui nowadays and it’s also my stage name so I’m more familiar when people call me GuiGui.” she explained.

Jiro and Aaron just nodded in understanding.

“So Gui, what brings you here?” Ella asked.

“I got a scholarship to Taiwan Theatrical Academy.” GuiGui said with a smile. “It’s not that easy to find a good performing arts school here, you know. But I managed to find one and got a scholarship too.”

“Aren’t you happy living in Shanghai? Aren’t you going to miss everyone there?” Ella asked again.

“Of course! But I miss you more, Xue Zhang.” GuiGui said while linking her arms to Ella’s and hugging her.

Ella just smiled at GuiGui’s childish behavior and patted her head.

“Okay, okay. I miss you too. I love the drumsticks by the way.” Ella said.

“Really? Well, it’s good that you like it, Xue Zhang.”

“Yep. And I’m going to use it in the upcoming talent show.”

“Well, that’s great! I can’t wait to see you perform again, Xue Zhang. I miss seeing you on stage.”

“Yeah, me too, Gui.”

Aaron and Jiro just stayed quiet while watching the two interact. By what they are seeing, it looks like Ella and GuiGui is a loving couple. Inside their hearts, both Aaron and Jiro still cannot understand how Ella, or in this case Ello, was able to attract so many beautiful girls in her/his arm.

Well, let’s do the counting; there is Hebe, and then Selina, and lastly GuiGui. All are different but beautiful in their own way. Of course, Jiro was mostly concern about Ella being so close to another girl other than Selina, especially with her relationship status of being Selina’s boyfriend. As in for Aaron, well, he was quiet smitten by GuiGui, so it was quite surprising to see the very average Ella, was able to attract a beautiful and unique girl like GuiGui.

On the other hand, Chun just stay put in his seat, watching the two interacted. Of course, he had nothing to worry about since he knew that Ella only treats GuiGui like a little sister.

“I’m glad that you’re able to take care of yourself while I’m gone.” Ella said.

“Of course! I’m a big girl, you know.” she said proudly.

And just like usual, Danson suddenly appeared and give GuiGui his most charming smile to welcome her.

“Well, hello there. I’m Danson. What’s your name beautiful?” he asked while leaning against the table.

“Just call me GuiGui.” She said with a smile.

“GuiGui? Well it’s unusual but I like it. It’s unique, just like you.” Danson said.

GuiGui cannot help but to giggle at Danson’s compliment. Sweet talks really are her greatest weakness. Seeing how welcoming GuiGui was towards him, Danson quickly took the empty seat beside Aaron and seated himself between Aaron and GuiGui.

“So Gui, how did you manage to make your boyfriend agree to let you stay here?” Ella suddenly asked.

Of course her reason for asking this is not because she was nosy about GuiGui’s love life, but to inform Danson that GuiGui is already taken. Ella is too protective over GuiGui to let her go out with Danson and continue studying while pregnant with Danson’s child. That is a very bad scenario! Yeah, maybe that sounded a bit exaggerating, but Danson’s reputation and attitude made her very protective over any girl that get close to him.

“You mean Wang Zi?” GuiGui asked back.

“Wang Zi? I thought it was Li Quan, or is it Ah Ben?” Ella asked again.

“Aiyo, Xue Zhang, you have been so long here and rarely keep in touch with me that you don’t know my latest status.” GuiGui said.

Well, that is true. Before, when she was still in Shanghai, GuiGui and her were very close. GuiGui was like the little sister she never had. Even though she also treat Selina and Hebe like her sisters, but it is different. With GuiGui she became more mature because she always went to her whenever she had problems, school related or not. And romance is one of them. GuiGui had always went to Ella whenever a boy confessed his love to her, or whenever she wants to break up with someone, or whenever her relationship hit a big fight, or anything else.

“Li Quan and I broke up not long after you transferred here. And not long after that, Ah Ben asked me out. But we broke up after a few months. Such a waste really. He’s such a nice guy.” GuiGui explained.

“Wait. Wang Zi? Wang Zi as in Mao Di’s older brother? Mao Di, your ex?” Ella asked again.

“Yup. I know what you’re thinking. It was weird at first, but they’re not that close anyway and Mao Di already has another girlfriend now.”

“Eh, I thought that George Hu was wooing you while you’re with Li Quan. I heard he was waiting for you to break up with Li Quan to strike.” Ella said.

“Yeah. He and Ah Ben were wooing me at the same time. We actually went on a date once. He took me to his house and there we found out that we are actually distant cousins. Luckily we did not kiss or go further, if not… Ewwww!!!!”

Ella just nodded in understanding. Being with your cousin, it is just like , right?

“Well, at least everything turned out to the better. He’s dating Rong Rong (Kristen Ren) now.”

“Well, that’s good.” Ella said. “I’m guessing this Wang Zi must be very understanding to have let you stay and study here.”

“He did not let me stay here.” GuiGui suddenly said.

Ella immediately raised an eyebrow in surprise. “What do you mean?” she asked.

But before GuiGui could answer her, Aaron had cut her off. “Wait, wait. Time out.” he said while forming a T with his two hands. “Who are those guys again?”

“They are all her ex.” Ella answered while pointing at GuiGui. “And Wang Zi is here current boyfriend.”

“Ex.” GuiGui corrected.

Ella’s eyes immediately widen. This girl really needs to find a way to at least maintain a relationship for once. She changes boyfriends almost as often as Danson changes girlfriends, and that does not sound good.

“Wang Zi just would not let me leave. And we both cannot stand long distance relationship, so it’s better for the both of us to just break up.” she explained.

“And besides, he kept getting jealous of me getting close to you Xue Zhang. He said I love you too much to even follow you here and left him. Of course I love you, Xue Zhang. You’re more important to me than Wang Zi. And if he can’t see that you’ll always win in my heart, then I guess there can’t be any future for us together.” she added while hugging Ella.

Ella just stared at her in disbelief. Doesn’t this mean that it was actually her that caused the two to break up? Even though it is indirectly, but still, either way, it was her fault.

“Gui, don’t be like this okay? I know I’m important to you, just like you to me, but you cannot let my decision affect yours. I don’t want you to break up with any of your boyfriends just because you want to follow me here.” Ella said while rubbing GuiGui’s head that is now comfortably leaned against her shoulder.

“Xue Zhang, just relax. It was a mutual break up, so you don’t have to feel bad. Besides, we are all happy now. I can be here and see you, and Wang Zi can be free to look for another girlfriend.” GuiGui said.

Ella just nodded and did not comment any further. Who is she to give her relationship advice when her relationship experience is not that great? Her longest and strongest relationship ended badly with the male participant cheated on her with her enemy, and now, the guy she thinks she loves does not even know that she is actually a girl. Her love life really is tragic.

“So Gui, why don’t you date your senior here? You two seem to be very close.” Danson suddenly asked while pointing at Ella.

GuiGui immediately turned her head towards Ella. As soon as the two girls locked gaze, they both burst to laughter. Everyone else was just confused upon seeing their reaction.

“Ouch!” he suddenly shouted after Aaron ‘unconsciously’ elbowed him. “What’d you do that for?”

“Sorry, accident.” Aaron said with a grin on his face.

“Danson, you’re just stupid sometimes. Of course GuiGui cannot be with E. Have you forgotten? E already had Selina as his girlfriend.” Jiro said.

“Oh right.” Danson said while nodding his head.

GuiGui cannot hold it any longer. She immediately laughed, harder than before.

“You and Senior Nana?” GuiGui asked Ella.

“Well, you know…” Ella answered while shrugging her shoulders.

Everyone became even more confused. Aaron was starting to worry of the prospect of GuiGui and Ella ending up together. Jiro on the other hand, was somewhat relieved to know that Ella did not really admit that she and Selina are together. Maybe he and Selina really do have a future after all.

“No, she is just a little sister to me.” Ella said while patting GuiGui’s head.

GuiGui suddenly grabbed Ella’s arm and cling on to her. Smiling at her and then goofily smiling at the boys who are still staring the two. “I actually want to be Xue Zhang’s girlfriend, but that position is already occupied by Senior Selina. So, I guess I have to wait until it’s open again.”

Ella quickly pinched her nose and cause GuiGui to let go of her hold over Ella’s arm. While pouting her lips and rubbing her nose, she glared at Ella.

“Come on Gui, stop messing around.”

Just as GuiGui about to say something, the ringing of Ella’s phone interrupted her. Ella quickly took a glance at the screen and saw Vic’s name on it.

“Vic, what’s up?” she answered.

“Elle. Rehearsal almost starts, where are you?” Vic asked from the other line.

“Shoot! I lost track of time. I’ll be there in five. See you there.” And with that, she hung up and quickly packed her bags.

“Sorry everyone. Sorry Gui to leave you like this, but I’m late for my rehearsal.” she explained.

“Rehearsal? Xue Zhang, you didn’t tell me that you’re on a play. Can I come and watch the rehearsal?” GuiGui asked.

“Sorry Gui, no can do. It’s a close rehearsal. If you want to know about the play, you have to watch it on the opening night. Okay, I got to run, bye!” And with that, Ella was already gone.

GuiGui just crossed her arms in front of her chest and pout. That is typical Ella for her. Being professional always comes first. Now what is she supposed to do in an unfamiliar town with unfamiliar people around her?

“You know, I’m the composer for the play that Ello’s starting, I’m going to rehearse some of the compositions later. You can join me if you like.” Aaron suddenly said.

“Are you sure? I don’t want to bother, really. I know how stressful it is to write compositions for a play. Senior Hebe got so stressed out once that she almost did not have some sleep for a week.”

“No, I’ll be fine. It’s nice to have some company sometimes.” Aaron said with a smile.

“Well, okay. I love that.” GuiGui replied, also with a smile.

Aaron slowly got up from his seat. “Come, I’ll show you around the campus and then we’ll go to the music room to rehearse.”

Danson also stood up. “I’m going for a date. Anyone of you wants to join?” he said while eyeing Jiro and Chun.

“No. I’m going back to my room.” Jiro said while standing up.

“Me too.” Chun followed.

Danson immediately went outside and Jiro and Chun quickly went to the dorm. Aaron on the other hand, was still waiting for GuiGui to stand up.

“Wait!” she suddenly shouted.

Danson, Jiro, and Chun immediately stopped and turned their heads towards GuiGui who is slowly standing up.

“Aaron, why don’t you wait outside for a minute? I need to talk to Chun for just a second.” she said.

Aaron just nodded and quickly left. Jiro and Danson did the same. As for Chun, well, he kept rooted on his spot, waiting for GuiGui to start.

“Can we go to your room? The thing I want to talk about is somewhat private.” she said.

“What do you want to talk about?” Chun asked.

“My Xue Zhang.” she answered. The bubbly GuiGui was suddenly vanished. Everything that came out from was pure seriousness.

Chun just nodded and quickly led the way. As soon as they reach his room, GuiGui immediately closed the door behind her. She motioned Chun to sit down and just stared at him.

“When are you going to tell the truth?” she suddenly asked.

“What do you mean?” Chun asked back. He was completely taken by surprise by her question.

“Don’t think I don’t know and don’t try to act dumb with me. I see the way you look at my ‘Xue Zhang’.” she said while creating and imaginary quotation marks with fingers beside her head. “And I know that you are not dumb or gay.”

Chun just remained quiet. He slowly turned his head to avoid her stare. How could a sweet and innocent girl like her able to see through the mask he has put on? And in a such short time too.

“Listen. Let me tell you a secret.” GuiGui said, trying to attract his attention.

“She likes you too, you know.” she continued. “But, I guess you already knew that. Just please don’t hurt her like what Jerry Ge did. Everyone thinks that they all can keep everything regarding my beloved senior away from me, but the truth is I know almost anything there is need to know. They say that the break up was mutual, but I know they were lying just to pester the gossipers away. I know that she must be depressed and hurting inside. But I guess you already know since you’re her roommate.”

Chun remained seated and just stayed like that the whole time. He was like a statue.

“Everyone kept saying that she was fine, but I know she wasn’t. The reason I came here is to protect her. I know I would not be able to be there for her 24/7, but at least when she needed someone I’ll be just a phone call away.” she continued.

“If you want her to be happy, don’t force her. She is still in shock with what just happened. I can tell.” she added. But still, no response from Chun.

Well, at least she already said what she needs to say to him. After releasing a loud sigh, she finally got up and went to the door.

“What give it away?” Chun suddenly asked.

“You’re expression every time I become extremely close to her. You’re not like the others that seemed surprise or shocked. You kept calm. But your eyes are a dead giveaway. You should be careful next time. I’m just surprise that no one noticed this yet.” GuiGui answered while putting her hand on the handle.

“Are you going to tell her?” he asked again.

“About what? Your feelings for her or your knowledge about her true gender?” GuiGui asked back.

“Either one.”

GuiGui just let out a smirk before opening the door. “Maybe I will. Maybe I won’t. Who knows, right?”