Moving On

YOU BET!!!

Selina, Ella, Chun, and Jiro were sitting in the cafeteria. Jiro and Chun sat next to each other, while Ella and Selina sat across them. Ella was facing Chun and Selina was across Jiro. They did not do anything. They just stared at each other. The tension was visible to everyone around them. Ella was completely oblivious on why there was tension between them, but Chun, Jiro, and Selina knew perfectly well what the reason was.

It was the last day of Selina's visit to Taiwan and she will be leaving the next day on the first flight back to Shanghai. She has been observing and caring for Ella for the last seven days, and today is the day she will make her decision regarding Ella's stay in Farmosa University.

Chun is waiting anxiously for her verdict. He already tried his best to make sure Ella snapped back to reality and he thought that he had done a pretty good job. However, it was not his decision to decide. What if his judgment of good is not good enough for Selina? If that happened Ella will have to leave his side forever. No! He cannot let that happen. He loves Ella too much to let anyone take her away from her. No one is allowed to take her away from him. Not her brother, not her stupid bastard ex-boyfriend, and surely not her best friend have that power.

How he wished that everyone will just stop visiting Ella. Why? Well, because everyone that visited her did not come with good intentions. Maybe at first their intentions' were good, but at the end everything just went bad. His perspective about this matter had already changed when Hebe came and nothing bad happened, but now it is back to square one. Let’s recap, shall we? Of course everyone knew what happened when Calvin visited Ella. It was the biggest news in the whole campus for weeks, even until now. And then Jerry visited her. Even though no one really knew about this, but this came out as a big blow for Chun. Knowing the fact that the girl he loves was already taken is just heart breaking. And the thing that made it worse is that bastard just threw her away like rubbish. Chun really REALLY wants to just kill him, however he cannot because he has more important thing to do, which is treating Ella back to her old self. And now, Selina came and attempted to take her away from him. This really makes him conclude that nothing good ever happens when Ella has a visitor.

"Hei Jiro!" someone shouted.

Everyone was distracted from their thoughts and immediately turned their heads to look at the caller.

"Aaron, what's up?" Jiro asked.

"I forgot my key, can I borrow yours?" Aaron asked.

"Oh, here." Jiro said while tossing his room key from his pocket.

"Thanks." Aaron said while twirling the key on his finger.

Aaron did not leave immediately, but Ella, Chun, Jiro, and Selina did not care about his presence. They continued their staring contest and seconds later, the intense atmosphere was back in the air. Aaron did not know what cause his spine to shiver suddenly. He looked at his friends and noticed the intensity around them, especially coming from Chun and the girl sitting next to Ella.

"So, you must be Selina?" Aaron said trying to break the murderous aura in the room.

"Yeah. I'm Selina, and you are?" Selina said.

Aaron walked closely to her and then pulled a chair next to her, just in between her and Jiro, and sat there.

"I'm Aaron Yan, Jiro's roommate." he said while offering his hand for a handshake.

"Hi, nice to meet you." Selina said while shaking his hand. "Wait, how come you know my name?" she asked.

"Well, Jiro likes to talk about you. Especially after he sends you home every day." Aaron said casually.

This caused him to receive a smack from Jiro on his head. Ella was quite surprised to hear that. She clearly remembers Jiro's tragic love story with his high school sweetheart, Han. She was surprised that Jiro was finally able to open up his heart to a girl again. What surprised her even more was the fact that Selina is actually blushing.

"What did you do that for?" Aaron asked him while rubbing his head to ease the pain.

"Oh, nothing. I think it's been a while since I smack you." Jiro answered casually. Maybe the others did not see it, but Ella can see it clearly that Jiro too was blushing.

"So the rumor about a beautiful princess has arrived in Farmosa University was true." someone said out of nowhere.

Danson slowly walked towards Selina and held her right hand.

"Danson Tang, princess." he said while slowly bowing down, attempt to kiss her hand.

Sadly for Danson, Selina's reflexes are way quicker than his lips, so before his lips were able to touch her hand, she quickly pulled her hand away, leaving Danson's hand empty. Danson slowly stood back straight again and then looked at Selina.

"Oh, so you're the famous Casanova of Farmosa University." Selina said. "I was wondering how come I haven't seen you after being here for a week." she added.

"I guess my reputation has already preceded me." Danson said while letting out a smirk. "I'm sorry that I didn't greet you earlier princess, but I was away for a photo shoot. Will you forgive me by giving me your name?"

"Selina Ren. You can call me Selina or Sel or Lina or Nana, whatever you like." Selina said with a smile.

"Just call her Selina, Danson. The others were just made up by her or our juniors." Ella added.

"Hey, I happen to like the name our juniors gave me." Selina protested.

"So, princess, are you free tonight? How about giving me the honor of showing you around the beautiful Taipei?" Danson said with his killer smile.

"No, she's not available." Ella answered for her.

"Why not?" Danson asked.

"Because... because..." Ella stumbled on giving an answer.

"Because I already have a boyfriend. It's not ethical to go on a date with you. Besides I'm faithful to my boyfriend." Selina answered.

Danson remained calm. He had deal with this excuse millions of time and usually at the end, he always gets the girl. Jiro on the other hand, was shocked. His eyes went wide. All this time he thought that Selina was single, but he was wrong. He can feel his heart burst to nothing. How come God is very cruel to him? How come he always run out of luck when it comes to love? His first love died and now when he finally able to open his heart, the person he likes is already taken. His love story ended before it ever begin.

"Oh, really? I don't mind having some rival." Danson answered.

"Even if your rival is your own friend?" Selina asked back. Everyone raised their eyebrows. "Ello here is my boyfriend and I'm faithful to him. Are you willing to fight with him?" she added while linking her arms with Ella's.

"WHAT?!" Danson, Jiro, and Ella shouted together.

Danson was shocked to know that the average Ello was able to have a beautiful girlfriend like Selina. Jiro, well Jiro already shocked to know that Selina is already taken, and the fact that she was taken by one of his good friends made it even worse. But the worst part is that Ella has never told him about this and Selina also introduced herself as Ella's best friend and not girlfriend. And Ella was just shock to even know that she was Selina's boyfriend.

Ella quickly snapped back to reality and asked some explanation from Selina. She leaned to Selina's ear and covered so that the others cannot read her lips.

"What's the meaning of this? You already have a boyfriend. May I remind you of Show Luo Zhi Xiang?" Ella whispered.

Selina quickly turned her face and pressed against Ella's ear. She covered and Ella's ear with her hand, just like what Ella just did to her moments ago. "Aiyo, I'm sure Xiao Zhu will understand. Just pretend to be my boyfriend, okay? That Casanova won't back off if he didn't see that I have a boyfriend with his own eyes."

When she heard this, Ella quickly put her arm around Selina's shoulder and looked at Danson.

"Yeah Danson. Selina is my girlfriend, so I hope you can just back off." Ella said. She is not going to let Danson go out with her best friend. She did not want Selina to come home to Shanghai pregnant!

"Well, I guess I'm just a bit too late. Even though I’m the famous Casanova of Farmosa University, but I'm still loyal to my brothers. I don't steal their girlfriends." Danson said. "Well, nice meeting you, princess." he added. He took one last glare at Selina and then finally left.

Ella still wraps her arm around Selina's shoulders and Selina's arm is still around Ella's waist. They must have been putting a good act to make Danson go away like that. But it was not only Danson who was a bit disturbed by the sudden announcement, Jiro was also shocked. All he can think about now is how tragic his love life is. His first love died and left him alone in this world, now when he finally opened his heart to another girl, she was already taken by none other than his good friend. Why is God so cruel to him?

"Well, I have to go back now." Selina said after Danson disappeared into the distance.

"What? So soon?" Ella whined.

"Yeah. I haven't packed yet. And I brought three suitcases, so I need the whole night to pack."

"Three suitcases? Isn't that a bit much?" Ella asked again.

"You know how I am." Selina said while standing up from her chair. "I think I don't have to worry about you anymore. You have such good friends to take care of you here. Even that Danson guy seems to care about you."

"Yeah. I have a lot of good buddies here." Ella said while smiling at her.

"Well, I have to go. You take care, okay?". Ella just nodded. Selina turned to face the three boys. "You three, take care of him, okay? Especially you, Chun. Don't let your roommate here wanders off."

"Of course." Chun said with a smile. He tried to remain cool but the truth is inside his heart he let out a deep sigh of relieve. He was so happy and glad that Selina finally decided to let Ella stay that he can just jump up into the air. Luckily, he was able to compose himself and prevent from making a fool out of himself.

"Pleasure to meet you, Aaron. I hope we meet again." Selina said.

"The pleasure is all mine." Aaron said.

Now Selina turned to Jiro. His face was pale. He does not look very well. Selina kinda get the hint of why he was like that, but she did not really realized how big the damage she created when she told everyone about her relationship status. "Jiro, take care. I hope we can still contact each other."

"Yeah. I hope so too." Jiro answered.

Jiro did not know anything else to do but smile to her. Even though he was heartbroken but he wants to remain strong. This pain that he felt was nothing compare to the pain he felt the day Han died, but still. It was still painful for him to go through another heartbreak. And what is worse is that he did not even have the chance to fight for it.