Epilogue

YOU BET!!!

Claps and cheers can be heard from all over the place. As GuiGui, or now better known by her real name, Wu Ying Jie, took center stage with her co-stars in hand.

She had managed to follow Ella’s footsteps and had become one of the most considerable actresses of her generation. And today, she is the main lead for that play/musical. Looking at her right, she smiled at her leading man, Danson Tang.

Yes, it is kind of surprising in a way. After graduating from Farmosa University, Danson pursued his modeling career and became one of the high paid models in Asia. But of course, models have their time to retire, so before he got into that age where he is force to leave the industry, he branched out into acting and singing. And after few struggles, he finally made it as the leading man for this musical. Truly it is not his debut stage, but it is the first time for him to be the lead. And he is grateful for that.

As the casts retreated backstage, they were quickly greeted by flashes from cameras both from the fans and reporters. Here and there congratulatory phrases were said and handshakes were thrown like they were in a fan meeting.

In the mist of this, Ella was just standing there, observing everything. Whoever thought that after her acting career took off she had the chance to make her own production? Right now she just takes in the moment, the feeling of proud and joy. She is glad that her debut play as a director is well received, but she had to thank everyone who helped her for it.

There is of course, Teacher Mei or should now be addressed as Producer Mei, her long time mentor. He had helped her a lot throughout her career and when she expressed that she wanted to try directing, Producer Mei was the first person she sought out for help.

Ella looked towards her left, looking at Producer Mei who is crowded by investors and producers congratulating him on another success. He had took the production under his care and though she had worked with him a lot before as an actress, working with him as a director has a completely different approach to it. Nonetheless, Producer Mei had never fails to make her admire him even more with his break through ideas and professional attitudes.

Of course, it is not only Teacher Mei that played a big role in this production. There is her other halves, Selina and Hebe. Selina and Hebe had helped a lot in the choreography and songs for the musical, respectively.

She looked around to the crowded backstage and found Hebe smiling and chatting with her son, 4 year-old Kevin Chen Xu Xian, and her husband, Calvin. Yup, you read it right. After years and years of courtship and rejection after rejection, Hebe had finally accepted him. How did that happen? Well, let’s just leave that for another story.

Along with his glorious basketball career, Calvin had established is own record company to help produce numerous artists, Hebe is one of the main one. Hebe along with Selina and Ella form a girl group called S.H.E. Hebe was in charge of the songs, Selina with the dance choreography, and Ella with their image and variety skill. After S.H.E went into hiatus to fouc on their individual career, Hebe focuses her career as a solo artist with so many hit albums. And she did not slow down even after their son was born. No, she was even more in demand after that. Going in tours all over the world and making more albums, and now she even has Music Director for a musical into her resume.

Ella looked over and saw Danson being crowded by numerous reporters, trying to ask about his opinion on his first stage as a lead actor. Over the years, Danson somehow manage to maintain his image. He is still good looking and he still makes a lot of girls gone gaga over him. Heck, he even made the top 100 list of the most beautiful people on earth. How did that happen? Trust me, no one really knows.

And close to Danson, there stood GuiGui in the arms of Aaron, her fiancé. Yup, that is right people, they are engaged. The news was rather surprising in fact, even for Ella who is close to GuiGui. It turns out that even after GuiGui’s stay in Taiwan finished, they were able to maintain a good relationship with each other, which ended up with Aaron flying to Shanghai to be with the one he loves. And because GuiGui’s romance life is always private even with close friends, everyone was caught by surprise to know that the two of them are actually serious. Nonetheless, everyone was happy to know that the two youngest of the group ready to settle down.

“Out of all place you choose here?!” a shout broke out.

Everyone immediately looked at the source of that shout and saw Jiro, kneeling in front of Selina with a diamond ring inside a velvet box in his hand.

“Finally.” Ella said to herself.

After Selina broke up with Show Luo, Jiro did not waste a single moment to pursue her. Ella was just happy to see that Jiro finally able to pop the question after months of preparation. She was tired to be the one that has to listen to Jiro’s complaints every time he misses the chance. Would you believe it if it is his fourth try?

It was not that he chickened out; it was just that the first three tries did not go as smooth as he planned and he wanted his proposal went perfectly so that it would be something they would never forget and can reminisce when they grow old together. The first three failures were quite funny actually. When Jiro told Ella everything, she even shook her head out of disbelief.

The first time he tried to propose, he set up a candlelit dinner for Selina and himself. But that did not go smoothly because he ended up late picking her up, leaving her waiting for more than an hour, and forget his wallet and the ring. When he told Ella this, he kept saying how stupid he was at the time. To which Ella also agreed.

The second time was going to be in Selina's house, when she invited him for dinner. He thought that was going to be perfect. Romantic, simple, humble, and because Selina invited him to dinner every so often, she would be surprised by the proposal. He could picture it in his mind. Selina was crying while saying ‘yes’ to him. Hugging him and kissing him and perhaps continue to her bedroom with the most incredible love making they ever had in their lives.

But apparently he did not bring his luck with him that night. Just as he about to bring out the topic about marriage, Selina's house experienced blackout. Selina is very terrified of the dark, so she started screaming. Jiro tried to calm her down but she started crying. So as the night passed, he decided not to purpose and hugged Selina till she was asleep in her bed. He kept cursing and blaming the blackout when he told this to Ella. Well, at the time, Ella had nothing to do but just nodded.

The third try was when Jiro took Selina to see Calvin's basketball game. He thought that it was brave and bold, so she had to say ‘yes’. Besides, a lot of eyes would be watching them so she would not let him die because of embarrassment by saying ‘no’ to him. He was very determine that time and had already planned to purpose after the game finished.

When it was time for the half-time break one of Calvin's teammates went to center court and asked a girl from the audience to join him. He did not propose, but he confessed his love to her and asked her to be his girlfriend. The girl said yes of course and gave the guy a hug. It was quite sweet actually and Jiro could picture it perfectly in his mind that when he propose, Selina was going to act like that.

But it turned out that when Selina saw the new couple she was not impressed at all. She said it was unromantic and not intimate. She said something like that should be between two people and maybe some close friends, and that what made it special. Confessing love like that was just plain cheesy and Selina did not like it one bit. After he heard what she said, he was shocked. It was like being stabbed. So, he was forced delayed his proposal, again.

Ella was just happy that Jiro finally able to propose to Selina this time. Maybe it was not the most romantic way, but at least it was different, and that what made it special.

“So?” Jiro asked while looking up to see Selina’s face.

She has been throwing her heart out, complaining about how romantic and unprepared the proposal is for the past minute.

“Of course I will.” She said at last.

As everyone claps and smiles at the happy couple, Jiro slowly placed the ring on her fourth finger. Ella swears that Selina was holding back tears most of the time. And as the couple exchanges kisses, everyone shouted like crazy. Claps and cheers can be heard from all over the place, congratulating the both of them.

Ella just smiled and clapped along. It is good to see her best friend happy like this and it is even better because her best friend managed to pull Jiro from always clinging to Han. Though Jiro always said that he will never forget her and always cherish their memories together, it really great to see that he finally able to settle down with someone else instead of being stuck in the cemetery.

Oh, you must be wondering how Aaron, Jiro, and Danson managed to find out about Ella’s true identity. Well, it is not that big of a deal really. Jiro found out from Selina, Aaron found out from GuiGui, and Danson found out when he got casted in the same movie with Ella. They were shocked of course, but did not really ponder about it further since everything is all in the past. Though, Aaron’s reaction was a bit violent compare to the others.

He almost punched Ella, you see. Not because he was angry at her, but more of jealous. How did that happen? Well, Aaron was visiting GuiGui for her debut stage at that time and being in the early stage of relationship, he was easily jealous. So seeing Ella, who coincidentally wearing a manly outfit, hugging GuiGui; really brings out the green eyed monster within him.

Ella was lucky that Calvin was near her and able to prevent Aaron from beating her up. And when he finally knew the truth, he kept mumbling sorry for her. Though every time they remember this story together, Aaron would never agree to it and will always say “Hey! In my defense, she really looks like a guy that time.” And everyone will end up laughing at him at the end.

As Ella leaned in to the wall, observing the hectic backstage, a lot of thoughts rushed over her. Whoever thought that seven years after leaving Farmosa University she will be standing there, watching her own production? Well, certainly not her. She was happy, elated. Working behind the stage and on center stage has two completely different feeling to it. And she must say that she enjoyed both.

Her train of thoughts was suddenly interrupted by one of the crew who is calling her name.

“What’s up?” she asked.

“I already put all the flowers for you in your waiting room. Oh, and Show Luo came, but he did not stay long because of his schedules. He invited you to his concert along with Selina and Hebe. Rainie Yang also came, but she only stayed for half the show. She was asking if you are free sometimes, she wanted to discuss a new movie with you and hoping that you’re willing to direct it.” Ella just nodded at what the crew said.

“I already wrote everything down and put it all in your waiting room, but I just want to tell you the important stuff. Oh, and one more thing. There is a fan wanting to meet you. He said it is really really important, something about a matter of life and death. And since he puts it that way, I kind of already let him in.” the crew finished off.

Ella just sighed. She is not that fond of meeting fans backstage. She is okay with others meeting fans, but for her, she just want to observe all the hecticness and mingle with the cast and crew once everything is finished.

“Okay then. Let me see him.” she said reluctantly.

The crew immediately dashed off. It does not take long for him to come back with another person trailing behind him, carrying a HUGE flower bouquet of white roses that covered his entire head.

“Well, here he is, Ella.” The crew said introducing the two.

“Hello.” Ella said.

But instead of saying ‘hello’ back to her, the fan just gives her the huge bouquet, catching Ella by surprise.

“Oh? Thanks. White rose is actually my favorite. Let’s just put this away for a moment.” She said while handing the bouquet to the crew and motioned him to put it in her dressing room.

“I know.” The guy said.

As soon as the bouquet was out of the way and they managed to finally look at each other, Ella gasped in shock.

“Chun!” she shouted, to which makes heads turn towards their direction.

“Congratulation, Elle.” He said to her with open arms.

“What are you doing here?” Ella asked while throwing herself into his arms.

Chun did not hesitate to hug her and plant a kiss on the top of her head.

“This is my wife’s directorial debut stage. How can I not be here?” Chun said while releasing her.

“I thought there is an important meeting that you cannot avoid today.” She said.

“Well, those business men can wait. Besides, I have meetings all the time, but your directorial debut stage only comes once.” He replied.

Hearing those words really touched her heart and she cannot contain the tears in her eyes.

“You’re the best.” Ella said as Chun wiped her tears.

“I know.” He replied before leaning towards her, sealing her lips with his.

Here and there claps and cheers can be heard once more as the couple exchange kisses.

“I love you.” Chun said between their kiss.

“I love you too.” Ella replied as they continued their kiss as if they are the only two people in the world.

You may wonder how they got together again after Ella left. Let’s just say that after 7 years filled with obstacles, struggles, denials, and a lot of ups and downs, everything finally worked out for both of them. Upon how it works out, well, I think we can save that for another story, don’t you think?