Meet NEW MELODY’s Brain, Shin Seon-yul

The Colors of My World

As my promise to Tae-il hyung, I went to the address that he gave me in the morning. My manager drove me to the address on the name card. But to my surprise, the house on the address was a big house. The manager seemed to be surprised also.

 

"He didn't give you the wrong address, did he?"

 

I checked on the name card and the address was right. "No, it is the place." I told him.

 

The manager rolled down the window and pressed the intercom outside the gate.

 

"Yes, Shin Family's residence. What can I help you?" Someone answered from inside.

 

"Aa... I'm from CUBE Entertainment and BEAST. I have an appointment with Shin Tae-il ssi this morning." The manager answered on my behalf.

 

"Yes, please come in."

 

Then the gate opened. The manager rolled up the window and drove to the front door. He stopped by the front door then turned to see me.

 

"I won't wait for you since I need to drive Gikwang to his schedule. So give me a call when you're done."

 

I nodded. "Okay." I said then walked out from the car. I looked at the car as it drove away then turned to see the twin door. I exhaled then stepped toward the door.

 

As I walked closer, the door opened from inside. A middle-aged woman with kind face welcomed me and asked me to come in. I walked in and closed the door behind me. I looked at her.

 

"My name is Yong Junhyung and I have appointment with Shin Tae-il ssi this morning."

 

She smiled. "Yes, young master has told me. Please wait for a moment. I'll call young master first."

 

I bowed to thank her then the maid went away. She went upstairs to the right wing.

 

After she went away, I looked around and found that I was standing at the lobby of the house. There was a pair of twin stairs. A closed door was located below the cross of the stairs. Corridors were on the left and right bottom of the stairscase. There was also a rounded table with flower vase on the middle of the lobby. All of them were painted in white and they were looked cleaned. I smiled to see the lobby. I thought I would like here since it was clean and neat.

 

But then, faintly I heard piano sound. I looked around and found that the sound was coming from the east wing corridor. I went silent and put my ears wider.

 

I didn't know if I was mistaken or not. But I guessed the song that played was a soundtrack of a famous Japanese animation movie. I didn't know about it a lot. So I didn't actually care about it. But the player seemed to be very good with piano as I enjoyed the music.

 

The song was finished. Then another song was played. But this time, it made me surprised. I recognized the song. In fact, I was featured on the song as the rapper there along with 4Minute. I knew this song. It was 015B sunbaenim's song, Silly Boy.

 

Unconsciously, I stepped toward the sound. I was curious who was the one that played the song. Then I came into a big room. There was a girl playing the piano. Her expression looked happy as she played. She was smiling. Her long black hair flew according to her movements as she played the song.

 

I didn't know how she played it but she could represent the music and the singing part so well with her piano playing, even for my rapping part. I smiled as I felt like I was listening to the whole song. She was so good. Even though she was so good, I never heard about her but she looked familiar for me.

 

But then, a dog bark made me realized with my surrounding. I was standing on the opened door of a big living room in Europian style. There was a fire place with book shelves and chairs on the other side across the fire place. The twin glass doors were opened on the other side across the door where I stood.

 

There were also some instruments located there too so I thought that the room was a concert room. There were guitars and violins hung on their stands. I also could see there were two grand pianos on the room, placed face to face to each other. They were white piano and black piano. I realized that there was a Golden Retriever dog laid behind the white piano’s chair where the girl sat. He was barking at me and raised his head. Of course the girl stopped her piano playing too. She smiled.

 

"Do you like it, Roland?"

 

The dog barked again and the girl turned. When she moved, I stunned, afraid if she would catch my presence. But then, she seemed not to see me.

 

"It was a song that Jung Suk Won sunbaenim asked for my help."

 

The dog barked for the third time as he stood up. The girl seemed to realize something and frowned.

 

"Is there someone there?" She asked as she turned her face toward the door where I stood.

 

And that was when I realized that the girl was blind. But then, even if she was blind, she made me amazed because she played the piano so well. And not to mention that she’s innocently sweet and beautiful too.

 

"We have visitor."

 

I gasped in surprise as I heard the man's voice. I looked around to see who was the one that spoke. But it turned out as Tae-il hyung. I exhaled in relief. Tae-il hyung smiled at me and walked in to the room. I looked at him as he walked toward the girl.

 

"Oppa?" The girl said as she stood up from the piano's chair and touched the highest edge of the piano.

 

"Yes, it's me." He said as he stopped in the front of the girl. "But we have a visitor too." Tae-il hyung looked at me. "Please come in."

 

I stepped in, The girl turned her gaze toward me. Probably because she heard my footsteps. I stopped in the front of her.

 

"Annyeong haseyo. I'm BEAST's Yong Junhyung." I introduced my self as I bowed.

 

The girl bowed too. Then she turned to face Tae-il hyung. "Oppa." She said with a voice tone and the look that seemed to demand for explanation.

 

"I need to go to New York this afternoon. The Broadway producer needs me to handle the music for their next performance. So probably I won't be able to work on BEAST's new album."

 

Tae-il hyung paused as he saw the girl was pouting her lips. His smile bloomed to see it.

 

"Don't worry. I have sent all materials for the other projects under my name. I already asked Hoon to help you to meet with the clients if they need to have revisions. But I leave out BEAST's album producing to you."

 

He looked at me and put his hand on my shoulder then looked back to the girl.

 

"Yong Junhyung here is one of the BEAST members and he co-produced their songs too along with Shinsadong hyung. I'm sure he can help you."

 

"But..."

 

"Sorry." Tae-il hyung cut her word. "Appa said that the Broadway project is important too."

 

The girl released her sigh. "Ara, ara."

 

Tae-il smiled and looked back at me. "Junhyung ssi, this is my sister, Shin Seon-yul. She'll be the one that produces your songs."

 

"Ee?"

 

“Don’t worry. Seon-yul is the brain of NEW MELODY. Most of our songs were produced by her.”

 

The words made me blinked in confusion.

 

A blind girl to produce our songs.

 

Really?!!

 

---

Note: Update!!

And finally they met~ \(^o^)/ Yaaayyyy~ *throw confetti* But imagine to have a blind song producer as your producer, I guess it's worrying for Junhyung~ ^^

And sorry that I forget about the songs that was played by Seon-yul.

First she was playing Japanese Anime Movie OST, Howl's Moving Castle Merry-Go-Around of Life.

 

And the next one, she played 015B song from their Newest Mini Album 20th Century Boy, Silly Boy (Featuring 4Minute & BEAST's Junhyung). So, now you know why Junhyung was surprised when Seon-yul played the song, right? Coz it was the song where he was featured. Plus, Seon-yul said that Jung Suk Won (which is the composer of the song) asked her for help with the song.

 

 

For the readers who took a look, subscribe and comment, thank you very much!! Your comments are something that encouraging me to keep on writing~ for the readers who took a look and subscribe, thank you so much for subscribing. I really hope that you will enjoy the fic until its end. For those who read the fic, thank you so much for taking your time to look and read on the fic. I really appreciate that you took a moment from your busy life to look and read to my story. Thank you so much.

 

Enjoy the fic, everyone~