Seon-yul The Producer

The Colors of My World

 

As what she said earlier, Seon-yul joined us for the recording session. Of course Hoon hyung joined us too. He rushed to our place when I called him. I guessed he was panicked too when he didn’t find Seon-yul after he got back. I heard him scolded Seon-yul when he got arrived at our recording place. Actually I wanted to tell him that I would responsible for Seon-yul’s action. But Doojoon already called me to come to the recording room since Tiger hyung had waited for us.

 

When I came to the studio with Doojoon, Tiger hyung looked at me and smiled. “I heard that Seon-yul is coming?” He asked me.

 

I took a quick glance to Yoseob as I was sure that he told Tiger hyung about his encounter with Seon-yul earlier. I looked back to Tiger hyung. “Yae.” I replied him as I sat beside him.

 

Hyung’s smile became wider. “Nice.” He said then he looked at my friends. “Ya, boys.”

 

He earned looks from my team members because of it.

 

“You’d better do this recording properly, okay. Or else you’ll be embarrassing your selves here.”

 

He turned to me.

 

“You must know this better than me, right?”

 

Somehow my thought went back to the recording sessions that I had experienced back with her. Even though Seon-yul was blind, she was good. Probably for comparisons, Tiger hyung might have experiences as music producer. But Seon-yul, she got both of experiences, knowledge and techniques as music producer. Besides, along with Tae-il hyung, she had been producing many music before, including for Broadway’s Musical stage on America.

 

I looked back to my members. I just hoped that they would survive through the recording. And probably with Seon-yul’s harshness later. Well, Seon-yul might be blind, but she was a good and strict producer. You would see it later.

 

I turned my look toward the door as I heard it was opened. I saw Hoon hyung held the door for Seon-yul and let the younger girl came in first.

 

“Sorry for bothering.” Seon-yul said as she stepped into the room.

 

Tiger hyung stood up as he saw Seon-yul. A wide smile came to his face. “Yah, Shin Seon-yul.”

 

Seon-yul smiled as she heard the voice. She turned her body to face Tiger hyung. Probably Tiger hyung just wanted to tell Seon-yul where to heading. Seon-yul walked toward him.

 

“Annyeong, oppa.” She said.

 

Tiger hyung stepped forward to get her then leaded her to the chair. “Sit here.” He said as he leaded Seon-yul to sit beside me.

 

Seon-yul sat there and Tiger hyung leaned forward.

 

“It’s the producer’s chair.”

 

Seon-yul chuckled. “You don’t need to do this.”

 

Tiger hyung just smiled then straightened his body. “Ya, boys. I would like to introduce you to your producer.” He said then put his hands on Seon-yul’s shoulders. “Her name is Shin Seon-yul. And she’s the Mastermind of NEW MELODY. Most of the songs that you know under NEW MELODY’s name were coming from her.” He patted Seon-yul's shoulders. "So, be nice with her."

 

But then, Tiger hyung seemed to remember about something.

 

"Ah." He paused. "And don't underestimate her just because she's blind. She can be more strict than me."

 

Tiger hyung looked at Seon-yul.

 

"I'll leave them to you now."

 

Seon-yul smiled and nodded. "Thank you, Oppa." She said.

 

Tiger hyung moved away after that to get another seat. Seon-yul turned her face to my members who sat on the sofa.

 

"Annyeonghaseyo, Shin Seon-yul imnida." She greeted as she bowed slightly. "I will be your producer for your new album. I hope we can cooporate well."

 

"I think they can work along well enough, Seon-yul. Don't be too worried about that." Tiger hyung said, earning chuckles from us.

 

Seon-yul was smiling. "And since I'm younger than most of you, please take care of me."

 

I saw Doojoon smiling. "Ah, please take care of us too." He said.

 

To hear the leader’s voice, Seon-yul smiled. “Ah, you must be Yoon Doojoon-ssi, the leader.”

 

I saw that Doojoon was smiling as he felt surprised to know that Seon-yul recognized his voice.

 

“Oh, how can you know?” He said.

 

"I've been working along with Junhyung-ssi for the songs on your album. He told me a lot about you and the others.”

 

I just raised my hand and covered my lips as I smiled when I heard what she said. Then, I saw my members turned their gaze on me. I quickly put on my poker face and shrugged my shoulders.

 

“I hope he won’t tell you something strange about us.” Doojoon said.

 

Seon-yul chuckled. “No, he’s not.” She said. “Besides, I’m listening to your songs for reference. So I’m kinda familiar with your voices now.”

 

“Huah, you’re great.” Hyunseung praised her.

 

“Thank you very much.” Seon-yul said as she bowed slightly.

 

Doojoon looked at the members who sat beside him. “Probably we should introduce our selves too.”

 

“Yes.” Dongwoon agreed.

 

So, we introduced our selves formally to Seon-yul. Seon-yul introduced her self. She also introduced Hoon hyung as her assistant. After that, we started to jump onto our business. Tiger hyung asked us to prepare ourselves for the song that we would use for promotion. Then he asked us to sing the song in the front of Seon-yul for review before we started the recording session. So we prepared our selves to stand on the front of the producer’s table where Seon-yul and Tiger hyung sat. Then, as Tiger hyung’s request, we sang the song with the music as the whole.

 

When we were singing the song, I saw Seon-yul dropped her gaze as she closed her eyes. She tilted her head too and seemed to listen carefully. I noticed that she frowned whenever we were making mistakes or anytime she thought we were making mistakes. She opened her eyes when Tiger hyung moved closer to her and talked with her with hand to cover his mouth and in low voice. She shook her head and whispered something to Tiger hyung. It seemed that they were discussing something.

 

When we were done, Seon-yul turned her face to us. Tiger hyung rested his arms on the table with papers on his hands. He looked at Seon-yul afterward.

 

“Any comments?” Tiger hyung asked to Seon-yul.

 

“First of all, I don’t ask you to sing it with harmony and improvisation. Just plain harmony is fine right now. I just want to know how far you can sing the song. But then, since you’ve improvised, I think I’ll comment on it too.”

 

Seon-yul paused. But somehow I felt that her harshness would come soon. I also saw that my friends started to drop their gazes. Then she commented on our individual parts. She also gave us examples for our parts to make us understand more. She was giving her comments bluntly even toward me. But I already knew that Seon-yul was a professional and could be merciless when it came to her music.

 

And when we started our recording session, Seon-yul really made us worked our best to deliver the song. Either it was when we were hitting the right notes or when we were delivering our emotion through the song. Even Seon-yul made us repeating our parts until we made the right voice. Yoseob even called her the devil female version of Tiger hyung since she was so strict on the recording session.

 

But I was sure that she was doing it for our sake. So I put my trust on her. I knew that she would make the song good. And I knew that she wouldn’t let us down.

 

---

 

update~ ^^

I guess I want to give our characters a time to relax and have fun together for a while before new trouble begins~ Or so, I think~ :P

Thank you so much for reading, subscribing, commenting and loving this fic.