White and Pink

The Colors of My World

 

As I had promised last night, I went to Seon-yul's place. This time I went there alone since my manager would be busy with Gikwang, Hyunseung, Yoseob and Doojoon's schedule.

 

As usual whenever I came to Seon-yul’s house, the maid opened the front door, welcomed me and greeted me on. She also told me that I could meet Seon-yul on the living room. I thanked her and walked toward the living room. I guessed it already became a routine for me. And within my weeks of absence, I became to miss it.

 

When I came to the living room, I found Seon-yul was playing with her guitar. After seeing her playing violin, I didn’t know why I didn’t feel surprised to see her playing with instruments. But still, it was making me amazed.

 

She was singing a song when I came in. And as usual, when she sang, she didn’t notice that I had come. I thought she had just started the song. It was an English song. I didn’t know English too well. But more or less, I knew the meaning of the song that she sang.

 

Close your eyes

The physical can be so blind

In my eyes

The innocent can be so wise

It's not about black or white

This is wrong or right

Can you take a stranger

And treat him like your stranger


Love don't start with the eyes

Starts with the heart

Look deep down inside

In all that you have a chance

To make a choice, to make a change

So make the choice to look with the eyes of your heart

 

I sat on the sofa where she sat when she finished singing the first refrain. I guessed she felt the pressure when I sat so she stopped singing. She turned her face on me.

 

“Junhyung ssi?”

 

I smirked as she mentioned my name. “Yes.” I replied her.

 

She smiled. “It’s nice to meet you again.”

 

“Well, you called me last night.”

 

She giggled. “Yeah, I was.” She said then put down her guitar on the guitar stand beside the sofa.

 

“What song that you sang earlier?” I asked her.

 

“Ah… that.”

 

“It’s not a new song, right?”

 

She smiled again. “No. It’s India Arie’s Eyes of the Heart. The song has lower notes. So I tried to raise the pitch and see whether I can reach the high notes on the refrain.” She shrugged. “It’s just an experiment.”

 

“But your English is good.” I praised her.

 

Another smile was formed on her lips. “Thank you.”

 

I smirked with her smile. “Let’s get started. I have schedule on evening.”

 

“Okay.”

 

As she explained the song’s concept to me, I was thinking. I knew that Shin Haejo traveled a lot around the world. So logically I was sure that both Seon-yul and Tae-il hyung had traveled too along with their father. Probably at some points, they were staying for some times overseas. But something made me curious.

 

“How many language that you know?” I blurted out the question suddenly.

 

Seon-yul stopped and gave me a confused look. “Ee?”

 

“I just wonder about that.” I said as I looked back to the laptop that Seon-yul had with her. She typed her idea there along with the instrumental version of the song. “Nevermind about it.”

 

I tried to think about the song so I went silent for a while. Seon-yul didn’t say anything either. So I let it be.

 

“Around five.” She answered suddenly.

 

I looked at her suddenly. “What?”

 

“Around five languages, other than Korean.” She repeated her answer. “But I can’t do Chinese.”

 

I smiled with her answer. “What are the languages?”

 

“English, Germany, France, Spain and Japanese.” She listed down. “I and Oppa ever lived on Europe for five years because of Appa’s work and studies. I started to learn Japanese since I got clients there too.”

 

I smiled. “Wow.” I felt amazed. “Probably next time you should teach me. I can put some foreign words on the songs. I’m sure it will look cool.” I joked around.

 

Seon-yul giggled because of it. “I think I can help with it sometimes.”

 

I chuckled and looked back to the laptop as I wanted to understand more about the lyric that she had made before.

 

“Junhyung ssi.”

 

I looked at her.

 

“Do you remember our conversation about colors?”

 

I smiled when I heard her question. How could I forget that cute conversation between us?

 

“Yes.”

 

A smile broke on her lips. “Then can you tell me something?”

 

“What?”

 

“What kind of color that you feel when you look at me?” She asked again without even hearing my reply.

 

What kind of color that I feel when I look at her?

 

I looked at her, trying to study her. I tried so hard to figure out what kind of color that fit her the most. But on my mind there were only one color.

 

“White.” I replied her.

 

She frowned. “Why?

 

“Because white is simple, clean, innocent.” I paused and looked at her. “And pure.”

 

She tilted her head slightly as if she was thinking. “So you see me as a pure and innocent?” She asked.

 

“Yes.” I paused. I wasn’t finish actually. I my lips and smiled. “But you’re also a pink.”

 

“Eh?”

 

I caught slightly pink shades on her fair cheeks. I guessed she remembered what kind of color pink is and she took them all as praise from me.

 

“Thank you.”

 

So she did feeling praised. But I hope she also could catch something hidden from the colors that I saw from her.

 

Yes, she was innocent and pure but she was also sweet and beautiful girl.

 

And pink had another meaning. I hope that she still remembered the meaning.

 

It was love.

 

And I think I have fallen in love with her.

 

---

another update~ ^^

Thank you so much for reading, subscribing, commenting and loving this fic.

PS: If you want to know the song that Seon-yul sang above. It's India Arie's Eyes of The Heart.