Seon-yul’s Feeling

The Colors of My World

- Shin Seon-yul -

 

I was playing the piano as usual at the living room. It was an early morning. But I always played the piano so early to get rid my boredom. As I played, my mind went back to Junhyung and his behavior for these past few days. It had been a week after I first came to supervise their recording. And the recording went so well till we managed to finish it within a week. I left the mixing part to Hoon oppa and the staffs. So I was free at the moment. But then, Junhyung’s behavior was bugging me.

 

Lately I felt that he acted differently. I couldn’t tell how different he was right now. But I had a feeling that he was having trouble. At some points, I felt that he was hiding something. But he didn’t want to tell me. I didn’t know why but he didn’t tell me.

 

But, I had a guess that it might have something to do with the issues that spread lately about me, Junhyung and also their new album. I might not tell him but I had heard that BEAST revealed my identity as their producer. I heard the news accidentally from my staffs. The staffs said that they revealed my identity just to make a diversion from the issue about Junhyung and me. Besides, the truth about me seemed to boost the curiosity about BEAST’s new album. But I didn’t tell everyone since they were working so hard to hide it from me. So I let them be.

 

I stopped as I hit the wrong key accidentally.

 

Even though I knew about the issue and when I thought that Junhyung didn’t want to tell me, I felt a disturbing feeling somewhere inside my heart. And it made me sad. Sometimes, at some point, it made me feeling useless too. Junhyung had made me feeling comfort to talk with him or to be with him. But I guessed I couldn’t make him feel the same way. It made me feeling sad and useless. But then, I also found out that there was a certain feeling that I felt. I didn’t know how to describe it but it made me extremely sad and somehow suffocating. Probably it was as same as when I felt Junhyung was mad at me.

 

I exhaled slowly and started to play the piano again.

 

How I wish Yong Junhyung would talk with me.

 

But then, I felt someone came forward and stopped behind me. I also could smell a familiar scent. I smiled. Even though I couldn’t see, I knew who had come to see me. I stopped and pouted.

 

“Oppa, don’t try to surprise me.”

 

Then I could hear a familiar laugh that I missed for the whole months. It was Tae-il oppa’s laugh.

 

“I thought you won’t notice.” It was Tae-il oppa’s voice.

 

My smile went wider. I stood up and I received a warm embrace. My brother had returned. But then, I realized something. I felt something different although I missed my brother. I felt a different longing feeling between my brother and Junhyung. Then, I felt my brother moved to let me go from his embrace.

 

“How are you?” He asked.

 

I smiled cheerfully. “I’m fine. How are you, oppa? When did you return?” I touched his cheek and frowned as I felt his jaw line became distinct as he used to be. ”Are you thinner?”

 

Tae-il oppa laughter burst with my last questions. “Oh, you.” He patted the top of my head. “You’ve never changed.” He paused. “And that’s what I missed from my little sister.” He rounded his hand across my shoulders. “How’s the work in Korea?”

 

“Fine.” I told him as he guided me to walk. “K.Will’s song is done. And, BEAST’s album…” I paused as I felt a tug inside my heart. “…is in the middle of final mixing.”

 

“Ah yeah.” Tae-il oppa stopped. “Talking about job.” He lowered his hand and pulled me closer.

 

Somehow I understood that we were at the living room’s sofa. So I stretched out my hand to find the sofa and sat. I also felt that Tae-il oppa sat beside me.

 

“A drama producer called me when I was at the State.” He said.

 

I slightly turned my body to him. “Then?”

 

“He asked us to make a theme song for their upcoming drama.”

 

“Why did he ask us?”

 

I could hear Tae-il oppa scoffed in amusement.

 

“He said that he wants to have a producer that able to make a grand song. Probably a producer that experienced on making Broadway’s song.”

 

I chuckled with the reason. “Then, what kind of drama is that?”

 

“Saeguk drama.” Tae-il oppa said. “I have the audio book for you.” He took my hand and placed a thin square thing on my hand.

 

Somehow I could guess that it was a CD’s box. Tae-il oppa always gave me audio books on CD format whenever I needed to make a theme song for a drama. Sometimes, he recorded the story summary on his own for me if he couldn’t find any audio book of the drama.

 

“It’s a famous book from an author. Try to listen to the book first then tell me whether we need to accept the offer or not.”

 

I smiled. “Okay.” I said then stood up. “And meanwhile…” I turned my body to face oppa. “Oppa need to rest. I’m sure Oppa went straight from the airport to find the audio book for me before you got home. Right?”

 

Another laugh came from Tae-il oppa, indicating that my guess was right. “Yeah, yeah.” He said. I also could hear that he stood up from the sofa. “I’ll be resting for now, madam.”

 

I chuckled. Then, I felt Tae-il oppa patted my head.

 

“Try to listen to it, okay. I need to give the answer this evening.”

 

I nodded. “Okay.”

 

Then I heard Tae-il oppa’s footstep went away from the front of me. I could know that he was going away to his own room. I turned my body. “Roland.” I called my guiding dog.

 

I waited for a while before I felt a tug on my knee. I knew that Roland had arrived on my side. I lowered my body to find the collar. I took the chain and went away with him to my own bed room.

 

At the bed room, I released Roland’s chain and went toward my right with my right hand fondled on the wall while my left hand stretched to find the edge of my drawer. When I found it, I fondled through the surface to find the drawer’s knob. I opened the drawer and searched for my CD player. I found it and took it out. Then I turned my body and walked toward the bed. I found the bed and sat down. Probably since I had owned the room ever since I was young, I could memorize all the place of the bed, the drawer, the desk, the wardrobe, the windows and basically every thing on my bedroom. So I didn’t need any guidance on my own bedroom.

 

I opened the CD box and found the CD inside. I fondled through the surface and found Braille’s words on it. I read it and found out that it was a complete edition of the audio book. I took out the CD and put it on my CD player. I took the earphone and plugged it onto my ear. I pressed the play button and the book was read for me.

 

I didn’t know how many times had passed since I heard the audio book. But the story was interesting. It was about two lovers that separated because of many things on the past and they were managed to meet again 8 years after. The story was touching and I was glad as I knew that they were managed to be together at the end. And as I listened to the audio book, I had some pieces of melody that played in my mind and some words that I could use for the lyric. I recorded them all on my recorder.

 

Then, I went down from my bed and walked toward the keyboard that I had on my bedroom. I sat on the chair and turned it on. I touched the keys to make sure that it was on already. Then I played some melodies that I had in mind. And before I realized it, I managed to finish composing the main part of the song. I recorded it on midi format with my keyboard so I wouldn’t forget the song.

 

I exhaled as I finished playing the whole song. I would need to fix the song again later. But I guessed I could say that I was interested to do the theme song. I should tell Oppa after this.

 

But then, what kind of lyric that I should make?

 

I had recorded some words. But I didn’t know whether I could use it or not. I knew that I would need a lyric that matched the music. Probably something beautiful that could move people’s feeling.

 

As I had a thought about the lyric, I heard my phone rang. I remembered to put it on the keyboard earlier. So I stretched out my hand to find the phone. I took it and answered it.

 

“Hello, this is Shin Seon-yul.”

 

“It’s me.”

 

And the voice made my heart skipped a beat. I stood up as I didn’t expect the caller to call me.

 

“Yong Junhyung ssi?!”

 

---

 

Another update today~ ^^

I guess my idea is flowing today~ hehehe~ ^^

Thank you so much for reading, subscribing, commenting and loving this fic.