Rival

The Colors of My World

On the next day, I was making another lyric along with Seon-yul for one raw song. We were making the lyric in the study room. Seon-yul left the lyric for me to make. But I discussed the lyric with her. I guessed Seon-yul had felt comfort to hang around with me since she was so cheerful whenever she was with me. Roland was lying down beneath the sofa where Seon-yul sat.

 

I was reading the lyric that I had made when I heard knocks on the door. I stopped and raised my head toward the door. The maid was standing in the front of the door. She nodded her head to me.

 

“Yae?” Seon-yul said.

 

“Excuse me, miss. But Mr. Kim Hyungsoo is here.”

 

I turned my head to see Seon-yul. She was tilting her head in confusion.

 

“K.Will Oppa?”

 

“Do you have any appointment with him?” I asked her.

 

She nodded her head. “He will record his song here. But I think I asked him to come a little bit later.” She said.

 

“Do I need to tell him to come back again later, Miss?”

 

She hummed. “Hmmm… no. No need.” She stood up. “I’ll go and meet him. Probably he has something urgent so he pushed forward the schedule.”

 

“Can I go too?” I asked her as I stood up.

 

She turned to me and smiled. “Sure. I think I need to match up the lyric with the song now.” She said.

 

I smiled to reply her although I knew that she wouldn’t see my smile. “Okay.” I said then took the notebook.

 

Seon-yul rounded her hand on my arm and let me to be her guide instead of having Roland as her guide. She took her stick. I walked with her to the lobby where K.Will hyung was waiting for her.

 

When we arrived at the lobby, I saw K.Will was waiting with his manager. He turned when he heard the tapping sound that was made by Seon-yul’s stick. He smiled to see Seon-yul and came toward us. I stopped as he arrived in the front on us. Seon-yul released her hand from my arm.

 

“Annyeong, Seon-yul.” He said then looked at me and nodded.

 

I nodded to reply him.

 

“You’re here too?” K.Will hyung asked me.

 

“Yeah. BEAST will have her as our producer for our next album.”

 

He smiled. “Ah, that’s good. You won’t be disappointed at her. She’s good.” He said then looked back at Seon-yul. “Sorry to disturb your schedule.”

 

Seon-yul smiled. “It’s fine.” She said. “But I thought our schedule won’t be until 6pm today.”

 

“Yes.” His manager said. “But, K.Will ssi will have another schedule to go later at night. So we push the schedule forward. Is it fine for you?”

 

Seon-yul looked understood. “Ah, it’s fine. I don’t have another schedule actually besides making songs.” She said then raised her hand toward me.

 

I was standing a little bit apart from her. But before I could raise my hand to take her hand, K.Will hyung took her hand and rounded her hand to his arm. He stood on her side and walked with her. I felt a slight tug on my heart when I saw it. But I chose to ignore it and walked after them. We went to the studio.

 

“Is the song hard for you to arrange?” K.Will hyung asked her as they walked.

 

Seon-yul shook her head. “Not really. But we worked all night to finish the arrangement. Hoon oppa is doing the final mix now.” She said.

 

K.Will nodded. “You work really fast.”

 

Seon-yul smiled. “Thank you. But I don’t know whether you will like the song or not.”

 

“I guess I put my faith on you. You’re a good song writer and producer, you know.”

 

Seon-yul just chuckled.

 

On the studio, Hoon was working when we came in. There was another staff that worked on the mixer. The workshop had a music studio and recording studio too actually. Hoon looked us when we entered the room and quickly took off his headphone. He stood up and bowed at the guests.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo.” He greeted.

 

I walked toward the table. As I walked, I saw Seon-yul slipped her hand off from the older guy’s arm and came toward Hoon. She sat on the chair.

 

“We have recorded the instrumental yesterday.” Seon-yul said. “Do you want to hear it?”

 

“Sure.” K.Will hyung said as he sat on the other chair.

 

Hoon asked the mixer staff to play the song. Then a mid tempo ballad song was played on the speaker. I saw K.Will hyung smiled in satisfaction as he heard the song and read the lyric. Probably he was thinking that Seon-yul had surpassed his expectation. But I was admitted that the song was good even if it was only the instrumental part.

 

“It’s nice.” K.Will manager commented.

 

“Thank you so much.” Seon-yul replied him.

 

K.Will hyung looked at his manager. “I’ve told you that she’s good.” He said then looked back to the lyric as he studied the song.

 

I came toward Seon-yul and patted her shoulder as I leaned forward to level my lips on her ear. “Should I go?”

 

She touched my hand and smiled. “It’s fine for you to stay here. We still have to work on your songs after this.” She said with whispered voice.

 

I understood and nodded.

 

“Seon-yul ah.” K.Will hyung called Seon-yul, making me straightened my body and moved apart from her. But I sat on the chair beside her.

 

Seon-yul turned to him and replied him, “Yes?”

 

“What if I asked you to sing a song for me first before we record the song?”

 

Seon-yul tilted her head slightly. “Why?”

 

“Nothing particular.” He said as he smiled. “I just miss to sing with you.”

 

“What song?” Seon-yul asked.

 

“Girl meets love?”

 

“But will it postpone your time for recording?”

 

“Just for this once. Please.”

 

Seon-yul exhaled. “Fine.”

 

K.Will smiled. “Thank you, Seon-yul ah.”

 

I moved my chair closer to Seon-yul. “Is it fine for you to sing the song?” I asked Seon-yul as I took a quick look to K.Will hyung.

 

Seon-yul smiled calmly. “It’s fine. It’s not for promotional purpose. Besides, I was the one who sang the song for the original sample song.”

 

“Ee? You made the song along with hyung?” I asked her as she stood up.

 

Seon-yul nodded then made her way toward the recording room along with K.Will hyung. I just saw them walking together. Seon-yul was rounded her hand on K.Will hyung’s arm and let him to be her guidance. I felt that I envied K.Will hyung now. But when I saw them together, I had this thought on my mind.

 

Does K.Will hyung has any feeling for Seon-yul?

 

Somehow I felt a tug on my heart when I thought about it.

 

Since the recording room that K.Will hyung would use had a big window toward the studio, I could see whatever that happened inside the recording room. I saw K.Will hyung guided Seon-yul to the microphone and the stand. He handed her the headphone. Seon-yul used the headphone.

 

“Joong Gil oppa, prepare the song please.” Seon-yul ordered to the mixer staff.

 

I saw the staff was preparing the song on the computer.

 

“It’s ready, Seon-yul.”

 

“Play it please.” Seon-yul said.

 

Then I heard the familiar song from me. It was K.Will song that he sang with Tiffany. The song was started with K.Will for the first phrase and refrain. I propped my chin on my palm as I rested my elbow on the table. Then it was come for the girl’s part. Seon-yul started to sing.

 

When I heard her voice as she sang, I felt like I was mesmerized by her voice. I lowered my hand as heard her singing.

 

Her voice was good. Sweet but good with wide range of vocal. Probably she didn’t choose to show her talent because she was blind. But she really got the qualities for a singer, a song writer and a producer. She should have become an idol.

 

But then, something caught my eyes as I felt another tug on my heart.

 

It was the way of K.Will hyung looked at Seon-yul. It made me dropped my gaze and looked to other way because I could stand to see they way he looked at Seon-yul. I felt uncomforted with the gaze. I stood up.

 

“Where are you going, Junhyung ssi?” Hoon hyung looked at me as I stood up.

 

“Home.” I replied him. “I still had another schedule.” I lied.

 

Hoon hyung just nodded his head.

 

“Please tell Seon-yul ssi that I’ll be back tomorrow for the song.”

 

Hoon hyung nodded again. I bowed at him and grabbed my notebook and bag then walked out from the room.

 

I guessed I didn’t need to be the smartest guy on earth to see that K.Will hyung was idolized Seon-yul. His gaze was so soft toward her. I could guess with one look that K.Will hyung had fallen for this girl.

 

And I guessed, slowly, I fell for her too…

 

---

Update~ Finally~

Thank you so much for reading, subscribing, commenting and loving this fic. Enjoy the fic, everyone~

PS:

This is the song that K.Will and Seon-yul sang