Is It Goodbye?

The Colors of My World

 

 

I was sitting at the meeting room at the CUBE office after the practice. The TV on the room was on and showing a show. It was a talk show about music and Lyn sunbaenim was the guest on the show. But I wasn't paying attention at the show and just listened the song on my phone.

 

It had been days since our President called me and talked with me about Seon-yul. Because of that, he was forbid me to meet Seon-yul anymore. I asked him whether it would affect our professional relation too. But Sajangnim said that it wouldn't though he wouldn't give any NEW MELODY's songs again to B2ST.

 

I guessed it was the punishment for me. I couldn't see Seon-yul again. And to think about it now, my heart felt so hurt. It was hurt enough to make my eyes became teary. But I couldn't cry.

 

The song that I heard was ended. I didn't know whether my ears were deceiving me or not. But I thought I heard the MC on the show mentioning NEW MELODY's name on the show. I quickly looked up to the TV..

 

And I didn't make any mistake. The MC was indeed mentioning Seon-yul's name. Then Lyn sunbaenim performed her new song that featured on one famous saeguk drama. The title of the song was Back In Time and the song was made by NEW MELODY.

 

And to my surprise, Seon-yul was the one who played the piano on the performance and the orchestra who performed the music was her father's orchestra. Even Hoon Hyung was the one who played the solo violin part. I smiled to see them all on the TV screen. I was too focused to the performance on the TV. And to see Seon-yul again, I realized how much I missed her. But I felt proud that she had decided to show her self on public like this.

 

As I saw her, I realized that she wa beautiful. Even though her eyes was blind, she was a good pianist and composer. She managed to make a beautiful song like this.

 

As I saw the performance, I felt my phone vibrating. I knew a message had come. But I ignored it as I didn't want to miss any second of the performance. I didn't want to miss the view of Seon-yul.

 

Then the song had ended and somehow I realized that I had tears rolling over my cheek. I quickly wiped it away and smiled as I heard the loud applause for the performance. Lyn sunbaenim introduced Seon-yul. Seon-yul stood up and bowed. I just smiled to see her smiling so brightly. She was so bright and beautiful.

 

Then I felt another vibration from my phone. So I looked at the phone on my hand. I had received a video message. I brought my phone up as I rested my hands on the table. I opened up the message. But then, I frowned as I saw the sender name.

 

It was Seon-yul.

 

I quickly opened the message and waited until the file was received completely. And after it was complete, I played the video.

 

It was started with the view of piano from the front then a girl came into the screen as she walked toward the piano chair.

 

It was Seon-yul. It was definitely her. But how can she operate the camera by her self?

 

Seon-yul reached the piano chair and sat there facing the camera.

 

"I hope it comes out right." She said with worried look.

 

I smiled because of it. But then she exhaled and smiled.

 

"Annyeong." She said as she waved to the camera. "It's been a long time not to see you, Junhyung-ssi." She paused for a while and smiled. "Or should I call you, Junhyung oppa?"

 

But then, she seemed to embarrass as she chuckled on her own and dropped her gaze. Seriously, she made my heart fluttered as I heard her calling me oppa.

 

"Anniya. I don't think that I'm supposed to call you Oppa." She said to her self. She seemed to think for a while. "Hmm... Probably you are wondering why I sent you a video message instead of calling you." She dropped her gaze. "Actually, I don't know if I still have the right to call you."

 

Her words made my heart dropped suddenly. Why did she say that?

 

"Honestly..." She paused as she raised her gaze and her lips. "The news that spreads about us dating... I has heard it too."

 

My smile disappeared in instant.

 

"And also the news about your nice attitude toward me."

 

So she knew everything. She must had heard the official statement that had beed released for those two news. Suddenly I felt guitly to her.

 

"It's too bad that everything become like this for us." She said in regretful tone. Then she smiled. "But..." Her voice became cheerful again. "Each seconds that I spent with you is so fun. I enjoy them all. Thank you so much, Junhyung-ssi"

 

My eyes became teary again.

 

"And I don't know whether you have seen my performance on the TV with Lyn sunbaenim. But... Hum... I want you to know that I created the song after I came back from that..." She paused for a moment, looking reconsider the word that she needed to take. "...date."

 

I felt that my heart almost jumped in joy when she said that it was a date for us.

 

"If I can, I would like to go back in time." She dropped her gaze again. "And probably tell you what I want to say. Probably it was too late by now."

 

Now I was wondering what she wanted to say and why it was too late.

 

"I..." She paused as she inhaled then raised her gaze toward the camera. "I have decided to leave."

 

What?

 

"Few days ago, a friend of my father offered me to operate my eyes. I don't know whether it can be cured or not. And if it cannot be cured, Appa wants me to stay with him in Europe. So I think I'll be leaving to stay with him." She dropped her gaze again. "Probably it is better for us to be apart."

 

My heart dropped again as I heard her words. She was biting her lower lip softly then raised her gaze again and tried to act cheerful.

 

"So." She said as she exhaled. "I have a song for you. It's an old song of mine. I guess it will be my last song for you." She smiled.

 

Then I heard the piano intro that she played. Then she sang...

 

I can't breathe, I can't smile everyday so because of you

I can't sleep, I can't live everyday so because of you

 

Then she became silent as she played the piano. But I knew the song. It was famous song. I ever heard the song. Then she started to sing again.

 

Because of you, I can breathe

Because of you, I can smile

It’s funny… even though I smile, the tears flow (Like a fool)

You still exist in my heart

Do I live in your heart as well?

As long as I live (and I breathe)

I won’t be able to forget you.

 

Then she did an adlib before she sang the next part.

 

I can't breathe, I can't smile everyday so because of you

I can't sleep, I can't live everyday so because of you

 

She became silent again as she played the piano. Then she sang again.

 

Because of you, I can breathe

Because of you, I can smile

It’s funny… even though I smile, the tears flow (Like a fool)

You still exist in my heart

Do I live in your heart as well?

As long as I live (and I breathe)

I won’t be able to forget you.

 

Then I started to notice that her voice started to tremble as she did an adlib. She also took a big sigh before she sang the last verse.

 

I still cannot erase you from my heart

Traces of you never cease to disappear

Like a dream, our memories get strong (it gathers)

I still am waiting for you

Where are you as of now?

Isn’t it funny (even as the time passes by)

Even when I laugh, only tears come back

 

I caught a tear rolling down on her cheek as she sang the last verse. Somehow it made my heart aching too. I dropped my gaze as I let a single tear falling down from my eyes. I bent my elbows and brought the phone on my hands closer to my forehead. I dropped my forehead to my phone. I let my self to cry.

 

Gosh, I love this girl so much and I cannot let her go.

 

But then, would it become the last goodbye for the two of us?

 

I needed to do something about it. At least, I needed to tell her that I love her. And to tell her goodbye, it was so hard for me to do.

 

---

 

Another update for today. I'm kinda hurry, ain't I? Hehehe~ ^^

Ah, right.. the song that Seon-yul's bring... I will only give you the piano version. You can always find the song by searching~ ^^ Or if you want to be patient, just wait... because I'm nice and will be giving you the real version of the song... but what will be happening on the next chapter?? Just stay tuned~ ^^

 

 

If you have twitter account, please feel free to follow me on @AFFalize_sakura

Thank you so much for reading, subscribing, commenting and loving this fic.