Caught in a lie

I never wanted to go

 Nothing felt longer than today, Bella thought to herself. After a long day at school with everyone is talking about her engagement with Jongin and even the news is all over the media, Bella couldn't keep her thought straight.

Is this the right thing to do?

At least she make her parents happy.

And maybe she can get over and move on from Taehyung.

But the back of her head tell her something else, you're not moving on, you're just running away from your feelings.

 

 She plopped down at the edge of her bed and take a deep breath. She felt like as if her head is going to explode with all her thought go wild in her brain. What is she going to do now? What does she have to say if someone ever ask her regarding this matter? Does she even have to do this? A sudden knocked at the door make all her thoughts gone.

"Ms, your parents would like to see you." the maid told her.

"I'll be there in a minute." she replied.

 

 Her parents and Yifan's parents are already waiting for her at the living room. Her parents were talking with Yifan's parents while Yifan face glued to his phone.

"There you are honey." her mom welcomed her and everyone turn their head to her.

"Sorry I'm late, I can't find my hairband."

Excuses.

"It's okay honey, sit here." her mom patted the sit between her and his dad.

 Bella went right away and sit between her parents. She turned her face to Yifan only to see he is looking down on his knee. This can't be good, she thought.

"We already discuss with both Mr and Mrs Kim, and it already being set that you and Jongin are going to have an engagement party by the end of this week! I know that we didn't told you about it properly and I'm really sorry that the media got ahead of us but don't you worry, we're going to make sure that we will release a statement personally through a press conference that mom and dad along with Jongin's parents will held." Bella's mom said excitedly yet trying to comfort Bella while holding her hand.

Bella could only smile as she observed the look on her mother and everyone in the room seems so happy for her except for Yifan. She replied her mother with the same expression. No more, no less. How can she refused her parents wish when everything that she ever wanted in her life always being granted by them? Just for this one, other than they want her to represent the companies, move to London, she believed she can do this.

Even if she have to sacrifice her love life.

 

Bella found herself at the balcony of her room, looking at the sky that never failed to impress her but somehow it feels so empty in her heart. An empty space that need to be filled with someone that she has been longing for though she didn't know who that person is. The sky never felt the same as before like the time she used to spend watching it with someone that used to be so precious to her. Bella think if someone ever make her feel like him, she can really move on. She think if someone ever touch her just the way he does, she can get high enough just like a drug addict. She believe someone out there can replaced him, and maybe that someone could be Jongin. Perhaps.

"Hey, can't sleep?" He asked.

"Not really. Just trying to clear up my mind a little bit." 

"I want to apologize but I guess it's not really a good time-"

Bella looked down.

"I always said that I want to protect you like a brother protect his sister. But maybe I'm too coward especially to go against our parents." He continued.

"You've done a lot Yifan. I know you don't want to hurt me and our parents. Don't go too hard on yourself." Bella turned her face to his cousin who is most of the time more like a brother to her.

"So what's your plan?" Yifan replied.

"Just go with the flow I guess."

 

She's in denial of her own lie.