Cautious

I never wanted to go

Bella was welcomed home to the sound of people chattering coming from the dining room. She can’t help but to take a peak and she almost jumped out of happiness as she saw her parents are having dinner together with the Wu. She ran to her parents side and give them both a hug.

"How was your visit at the Club?” Her dad asked.

"It was fun!” She answered cheekily.

"It was not even a month that we had left but you look so matured!” Her mom said as she pinched the both of her cheeks lovingly.

"What’s that smell? Oh it’s just you.” Yi Fan covered his nose.

"Now there there, stop teasing her Yi Fan. Let that girl breath at least.” His mom glared at him.

"Love you auntie.” Bella put her hand over her heart.

After dinner was over, they all continue their conversation at the living room where they discuss about almost everything including sports, businesses and also their progresses at school. Bella and Yi Fan however excused themselves earlier at it is school night. 

Bella was walking at a normal pace until Yi Fan pulled her ponytail and ran pass her and told her to catch him if she can. Bella who is no less competitive chase Yi Fan. As Bella was about to get closer to him, instead of catching him, she ran pass by him and go straight away to her room and said-

“I won you old man! Now weep your misfortune away!” Before slamming her door at his face before he manage to push his way into her room.

Bella waste no time as she take her towel heading to take a bath while Yi Fan on the other hand keep on banging on her door forcing her to let him in which she ignored. After she finished cleaning herself up, she just realized that it has been silent for quite sometime. Damn it. She fasten her pace towards her room tv area and just like she expected, there Yi Fan was already cozying himself on the sofa. She just remembered that Yi Fan kept some spare key of her room at God knows where. Bella was too tired to kick him out of her room and decided to just let it go and walk to her bed. She lay down and within less than 2 minutes she already found herself in her own dreamland.


"Let me drive you to school.” Yi Fan begged.

”Na uh. Too much attention.” Bella said with croissant in .

”I promised I won’t do that.” He continued.

”Chauffeur Min is going to send me and that’s it. I’m not gonna change my mind so stop your whining.” Bella replied.

”Okay then, I guess Uncle Jimmy is my last choice. I’m sure he will love my idea.” Yi Fan stand up from his seat and started to make his way towards Bella’s dad office.

”I hate it when you use that card.” Bella said as she walked out of the dining room.

Yi Fan giggled as he followed her from behind.

 

They arrived at Moorim and just like he promised he has yet to pull off anything funny until-

“I’ll pick you up at 3 sharp okay cutie pie?” Yo Fan said loudly even though Bella was only few metres away from him. Bella cursed under her breath and fasten her pace as she enters the school building.

Bella enter her class like usual and take her seat. She take out her pencil case and was about to take out some textbook from under her desk when her phone rings.

”Hello?”

”Have you read the news?” Tao exclaimed.

”Not yet, why?” Bella replied.

”I’ll send you the link.” He hang up.

Her phone chimes, she clicked the link which has been sent by Tao as she hold her breath.

Spotted! Bella is at her favourite spot with a guy that is not her fiancé!’

The article showed a picture of her and Taehyung at the club yesterday. How could the paps take that picture? The club was a private property and the picture seems a bit close. No wonder some of the students were giving her weird looks. To compare with Jun High School, The disadvantage of being in Moorim is that it is not a private school so her privacy is not as guarded as it would be in Jun especially in situation like this. Suddenly her phone chimes again, much to her suprise, she recieve a message from a person she least expected.

’Be prepared.’

I should have known. She thought to herself as she hold her hand together supporting her forehead.

“You okay?” Eun Woo who was just take his seat nudged her elbow.

Bella smiled as he looked at him. Just when she was about to say something, the teacher for the first period has walk in, hence, the lesson starts.


Recess begin and just in time, Sehun, Chanyeol, Kyungsoo and Baekhyun are already waiting for her at the door. She straightly went to them and they all head to the cafeteria. Jungkook who was already aware of what had happened was about to stop Bella from walking out of the class failed as she barely spare a glance around. He notice that people are giving her some looks as well but he just shrugged it off as he believe that nothing really happened being what’s going on between those two.

“Did you went to that club yesterday?” Was the first question asked to him as soon as he took his seat in the cafeteria.

”Yes I did.” He replied as he took a spoon from his tray.

”That must be you then in the picture.” Hoseok said.

”Duh.” He took a bite of the soup.

”What were you trying to do?” Jungkook who was silent all the time suddenly speak up.

The six of them stop from whatever they were doing. Taehyung who was taken aback by that question for a while calmly said-

“I was trying to initiate a conversation with her. Also I tried to shoot my shot to apologize for what I had done. But like Hoseok hyung said, she wasn’t even paying attention to what I was saying. The conversation does not even last to 5 minutes.” Taehyung explained.

Taehyung turned his head towards Bella who is two tables away from their table. She seems rather calm since it is her who is being targeted by the paps especially with her status as being engaged. How he wish he can be the one to comfort her at time like this.

"Are you okay?" Kyungsoo asked.

As cold as he may seem, Bella is like her little sister whom he care very much. 

"I’ll be fine. Also I’ve already figured out who did it, so, for now, I think I can handle it." Bella replied with a smile.

"Who?" Sehun said as he abruptly dropped his spoon and all eyes on him.

"I’ll be meeting him this evening. If any of you want to see him, you guys are welcome to come and we can do our homework too." Bella said while taking another kimchi.

The ring bells as recess is over and they all make their way to their respective class. Bella managed to find Eun Woo and decided to walk with him as she don’t want to risk walking alone in the midst of the gossip. Who knows if she is about to be attacked by unwelcome guest. 

"Hey, I’m sorry about yesterday. I swear I have no idea that he would do such thing." Cheng Xiao said as soon as Bella step into the class.

"It’s okay, I had fun anyway yesterday." Bella said as she tuck some strand of her hair behind her ear.

"Are you sure? Plus, I saw the article about you and Taehyung, you must feel so down. Because I know that for one thing you guys barely even talk so how would you guys have a thing going on?" Cheng Xiao said as she tries to comfort her.

"That’s totally fine, I’ll manage. You’re so sweet Cheng Xiao." Bella took her hand and squeeze it lightly. Cheng Xiao smiled back at Bella and they both take their seat  as their teacher already enter the class.

It’s already 2.30 and almost everyone already make their way out of the class. Bella take her time to pack her bag as she don’t want to bump with anyone on her way home. Taehyung who purposedly walking pass by Bella’s class see this as his opportunity to explain himself to Bella walked over to her,

"Hey, urm, about yesterday, that was not me. I don’t know who was there as well and I just sat there because I saw you at the Club lobby and-"

"Taehyung."

"Wait, let me finish. So then I decided to just follow and watch you riding your horse. I have no intention to ruin your relationship with your fiancé. I still like you but that’s not my way." Taehyung stop as he took a deep breath as he was talking so fast.

"Can I talk now?" Bella asked.

Taehyung nodded.

"You don’t have to explain yourself. I already knew who did it." Bella said.

"Oh you do? Who?" He was confused.

"Since you're accidentally become the black sheep. I’ll let you come with me. Let’s go, we’re meeting him at my house." Bella put her bag on and walked out of the class, followed by lost Taehyung.