Myungsoo

Married to My Best Friend?!

When everyone left, Myungsoo and Chaeyeon just sat there, talking.

 

"I can't believe that Hyosung already found a new guy.." Myungsoo said sadly.

 

"It's okay.. You'll find the right girl soon.." Chaeyeon assured him.

 

"How can I find another girl if I'm already married?!" Myungsoo cried. "Everyone who gets married is always married to the right one. But me? I'm stuck in an arranged marriage, and my wife is dating someone else."

 

"Well.. I'm sure a girl that is wonderful will be able to look past this marriage. Like Kyungsoo! Kyungsoo is just perfect," Chaeyeon smiled.

 

"That's great for you.. Can you stop being so cheerful? It's making me gloomy." Myungsoo glared at her.

 

"Oh c'mon Myungsoo. Lighten up!" she playfully punched him in the arm.

 

*           *            *

 

To lighten the mood, Chaeyeon decided to suprise Myungsoo.

 

"Let's go to the car!" She grinned for too long, making Myungsoo cringe.

 

"Aish. Fine. Where are we going?" he crossed his arms and pouted like a child.

 

"It's a secret~" she laughed.

 

They drove for a while, making conversation.

 

"Myungsoo? Are you still listening?" Chaeyeon said.

 

"Uhhh-huhhhh...." Myungsoo said, his voice slurring. She turned to him, seeing that he had fallen asleep. He looked so peaceful, causing her to reach out her arm and caress his hair unconsciously. Surprised by this sudden touch, Myungsoo opened his eyes. "What are you doing......?" he asked, watching her weirdly.

 

"Ohh- Uh..." her voice trailed off. What the heck am I doing?! she mentally facepalmed herself. She pretended to forget to answer the question, and he fell asleep again right away.

 

*           *            *

 

Finally reaching their destination, Chaeyeon tried to wake him up.

 

"Myungsoo... Myungsoo..." she called, trying to wake him up without making any contact. He stirred in his sleep. "Come on...." she whispered loudly in his ear.

 

"Ewww. Your hot breath made my ears all sweaty feeling!" Myungsoo said, waking up immediately. He turned to see where they were at. "The amusement park? Why?" he said, pretending to be excited, as his eyes shone in the sunlight. Inside, he remembered that he was scared of rollercoasters, especially the tall and extremely fast ones. He had hidden this fear from everyone, excluding his parents.

 

"Cause you're being such a buzzkill today! I thought it would be great to lighten your mood."

 

"Oh. Great." He was hesitant to come out of the car, but he did eventually to avoid Chaeyeon's nagging.

 

*           *            *

 

"Let's go to this one!" Chaeyeon pulled his arm, dragging him to the tallest and most speedy one. "Doesn't this look fun?!"

 

Myungsoo, not wanting to look cowardly, smiled slightly, but anxiously and walked with her to the long line.

 

*           *            *

 

"We're finally at the front of the line!" Chaeyeon exclaimed. They both stepped into the seats of the rollercoaster cart gingerly, both having the small fear that the cart would fall down the deep dark pit under the tracks.

 

"Ready?" Chaeyeon glanced at him, as the cart slowly climbed to the top of the tracks. It was too late for Myungsoo to get out now. He had a mental breakdown inside, and he started to sweat clammily on his smooth forehead. He squeezed his eyes as they were about to fall off the hill. Not feeling a drop, he opened his eyes again. "What happened?" he said, slightly turning his body.

 

"To the couple at the top of the hill: you'll be fine. We are just having maintenance problems at the moment. The ride will start soon again," one of the rollercoaster operators assured over the speaker. Myungsoo looked down towards his doom, starting to tremble.

 

"Why? You scared?" Chaeyeon teased.

 

"N-no! Of course not!" Myungsoo fought back.

 

"It's okay to be sca-" Chaeyeon laughed, but it turned to a scream when the rollercoaster jerked forward, starting again, interrupting her. She ended up grabbing Myungsoo's arm tightly while he screamed.

 

"I thought we were gonna die!" Myungsoo pouted when they got off the ride. "Were you trying to bring me to my death or something?" he exclaimed.

 

"Ani! But you should've seen what you looked like when you screamed like a little girl! That was totally hilarious!" she pointed at him, laughing.

 

"Shut up.. You were the one who grabbed onto my arm and screamed!" he shot back.

 

"Dude.. I'm a girl. Girl's can do that," she laughed even louder at him.

 

"Shhh! Everyone's watching you. They think you're probably an idiot laughing like that," he smirked as her face flushed red, and she pointed her face down.

 

*           *            *

 

It finally became dark. Myungsoo and Chaeyeon had had a great time during the day, riding almost all of the scariest rides, while he attempted to be braver, failing.

 

"It's firework time!" Chaeyeon dragged Myungsoo to a bridge to get a good view. Everyone crowded under the bridge to watch fireworks. Couples around them were on the bridge, sticking close together. Purple and blue fireworks exploded in the night sky. Myungsoo felt a tap on his shoulder.

 

"Ne?" Myungsoo turned to the person. It was a man working at the park, and he looked grumpy.

 

"This bridge is only for ROMANTIC couples to stay on, to watch the fireworks." He emphasized the word romantic. "Didn't you read the sign?" The man pointed at a short wooden sign at the end of both sides of the bridge.

 

Myungsoo and Chaeyeon turned, seeing all the couples around them kiss deeply, showing off their PDA to the whole world.

 

The man raised his eyebrow before walking away. "I expect you guys to get off if you guys won't do that."

 

"But I want to stay on the bridge.." Chaeyeon whined. "It has the best view." The couples turned to Myungsoo and Chaeyeon, glaring at them for ruining their romantic night by talking too loud.

 

"Shh.." Myungsoo said, pulling Chaeyeon into his warm arms. He cupped her face and kissed her lightly, making her eyes open widely, while his closed. He finally pulled away when all the fireworks ended, which was longer than at least 15 minutes. "Did you get to watch the fireworks like you wanted?" he smiled lightly when everything ended.

 

Chaeyeon was still red with embarrassment. "What was that for?"

 

"Well you wanted to watch the fireworks here, and that was the only way to stay. Besides, you probably liked it right?" he whispered jokingly but seductively in her ear, sending chills to her spine.

 

"Y-yah! What makes you think I liked it?" she shouted quietly at him. "And I have a boyfriend you know. That kiss was sooo awkward."

 

"Then why didn't you pull away?" he asked.

 

"Why didn't YOU pull away faster?" she replied.

 

"Cause I initiated the kiss. I get to stay on for however long I want," he smirked.

 

In her heart, Chaeyeon knew she was in trouble. She actually kind of liked it, as it was her first kiss. Her heart even beat faster. She was sure it wasn't because she was nervous.

 

 

That meant...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

That she....

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

...Still liked Myungsoo....