Did You Really?

Married to My Best Friend?!

Kyungsoo left the restaurant after eating. Was it really her? Was I just imagining things? Maybe I'm just super paranoid. Yeah, maybe that's just it. He kept overthinking things like this. He decided to shake off his thoughts till he could properly ask her and get an answer. He drove up to her house and got out when he reached the driveway. "Where's Myungsoo's car? He's the only one that can drive.." he wondered aloud. A car then pulled up beside him.

 

"Shoot. What's Kyung doing here?" Chaeyeon panicked in the car, as Myungsoo was a tad nervous himself. Kyungsoo looked at the car, spotting her. He walked up to the car, opening the door of the passenger seat section. He grabbed her hand tightly and pulled her out of her seat.

 

"Chaeyeon, I need to ask you something," Kyungsoo told her with a dead serious expression.

 

Chaeyeon had never seen him have a more serious, scary expression. He looked extremely cold at the moment. She drew in a sharp breath and gulped before answering. "Yes?"

 

"Were you at the outlet today? The one near Myeongdong?" He wanted to test her to see if she would tell the truth, if he could trust her. Or maybe it was just all in his head.

 

"A-ani?" she hesitated. How did he know?!

 

"Why are you stuttering? I think I saw you there... Doing something... With a certain somebody." Kyungsoo raised his eyebrow, asking for an explanation.

 

"Are you sure? But I came back from... from..." No words came to her at the moment. Darn it. I'm so dead.

 

"So my eyes were correct. I thought you were really over him. I thought I could trust you. Maybe I was wrong. Maybe this was all a mistake," he said, walking away, with his head down.

 

"Wait Kyung!" Chaeyeon yelled at his back. He didn't even turn around to look at her, not even a small glance or peek. "Kyung! I'm sorry! It wasn't my fault."

 

"That's what all the cheaters say. You know, you even had three years to tell me you were married. But you didn't. I should have known my heart was going to break sooner or later. Better now than later on," he turned around, showing his eyes that looked like they were on fire from all his anger. "And... You looked pretty happy to me," Kyungsoo muttered, but loud enough for her to hear.

 

"Come on. Just one more chance Kyung? Please?" she begged him with pleading eyes.

 

"What makes you think I can trust you again?" His eyes shot daggers at her.

 

"Didn't you say you love me?" Chaeyeon said, tears pouring out of her eyes. Kyungsoo didn't say anything back. The sight of her crying softened his heart, just as soft as butter. He just walked up to her and pressed his lips firmly on hers.

 

"I do love you... I really do..." he whispered.

 

"Then give me one more chance," she whispered back.

 

"...Alright..." he sighed.

 

Myungsoo, who had been watching from the comforts of his cozy, warm car, had a tiny twinge of pain in his heart when they kissed. He couldn't think why. He was just too stupid.

 

*           *            *

 

The next day, Kyungsoo and Chaeyeon went to a park together. They had found a nice, brown bench under the shade of a leafy tree.

 

"Wait here," Kyungsoo grinned. "I want to get some ice cream. I'll be right back okay? You stay here and don't go anywhere."

 

"Okie Oppa!" she cutely smiled back and waved at him. When he almost disappeared, a pretty girl with short and curly hair tied in a ponytail appeared in front of her. "Can I help you?" Chaeyeon asked the girl.

 

"I'm Im Yoona," the girl introduced herself cheerfully with a bright smile. When she had noticed Kyungsoo had disappeared from sight completely, her smile faded and turned into a sour angry face. "Stop stealing my Kyungie!" she yelled at Chaeyeon and pushed her, causing her to almost fall off the bench.

 

"I'm sorry, what?" Chaeyeon asked, dumbfounded.

 

"I liked him since the day he moved to our school. That's right. I went to your school. I had my eye on him for so long, until you stupidly decided to date him. I even paid money to my friends so I could call dibs on him," Yoona told her angrily. "I've been following you around recently and watching you. I won't let you get away with this. You'll see what will happen."

 

"Woah, that's kind of messed up. He's not an object you know," Chaeyeon looked at her weirdly.

 

"Whatever. Does it look like I care about your opinions? Stay away from him. And don't tell him about me, or you'll regret it. I'll make your life hell," the girl smirked. When she spotted Kyungsoo from the corner of her eyes, she smiled at Chaeyeon again. "Goodbye, Unnie!" she pretended to be all nice again and bolted away before Kyungsoo could come over.

 

"Who was that?" Kyungsoo asked Chaeyeon.

 

"I don't... know..." Chaeyeon replied, pretending to really not know at all.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AUTHOR'S NOTE ¯\_( ツ )_

Thanks minrin98iw for upvoting! This makes me happy, and it wants to make me write mooooreee~ And Yoona is kinda creepy in the story xD I need to agree with that✿

 

P.S. When I read lovely scenes in stories (not this chapter though), I can't help but think of this one song my friend showed me like a year ago or something called First Love (I think)? It's by some kind of rapper or two named Sunnyside with a girl featured in it. I forgot who. I'll look it up later. But you guys should listen to it!! :)