Really?

Married to My Best Friend?!

 

The next week, Myungsoo went over to Hyosung's house.

 

"Hey sweetie," Hyosung smiled at him. Myungsoo's heart skipped a beat. He leaned in to give her a peck on the lips, but she moved her head back.

 

"Wae?" Myungsoo said in a whiny tone while pouting.

 

"Where were you last week? Why didn't you come here or call me back? And why do you always come here? In the three years we were dating, I've never been to your house."

 

"Oh... uhh..." Myungsoo tried to think of an excuse quickly.

 

"Are you possibly cheating on me?" Hyosung glared at him.

 

"Ani! I-I just had to have dinner with my parents."

 

"Really? What did you do for the rest of the week?" she continued to question him.

 

"I.. I... I was uhh-" his voice was cut off when Hyosung covered and ran to the bathroom. Myungsoo ran after her, only to find her throwing up in the toilet bowl.

 

"What's wrong?!" he asked, shocked. He felt her forehead, and it was burning hot.

 

"I don't know! I've been having cramps all day too!" she said in pain. Luckily, she forgot about what she was going to ask earlier. Myungsoo had bigger problems to worry about.

 

"Let's get you to the doctor's office," he said, lifting her up and carrying her to his car.

 

*           *            *

 

Kyungsoo finally arrived at Chaeyeon and Myungsoo's house again. He rang the doorbell.

 

Ding dong. Ding dong. Chaeyeon knew exactly who it was. She opened the door with a wide smile, running to hug him.

 

"Chaeyeon! I missed you!" Kyungsoo said with a pout.

 

"M-me too..." Chaeyeon said. She could feel her heartbeat getting louder.

 

"But Chaeyeon, why are you always home alone? Someone could break in and hurt you!" Kyungsoo said as he hugged her tighter.

 

"O-oppa, don't worry! That will never happen.." she said, chuckling.

 

Kyungsoo pulled away from the hug. "You don't seem very happy to see me today. What happened?"

 

"Ah.. Ani. I'm happy! Nothing happened..."

 

"Okay then." Kyungsoo said, not angry or sad. After all, he respected her privacy. "Anyways, I want you want to meet my parents. Will you? It's totally fine if you don't want to."

 

"But it's only been one week since we started dating! Isn't that too early?" Chaeyeon said, slightly freaked out.

 

"We've known each other for 3 years now! And I think we have something special." Kyungsoo said, proudly. "So you don't want to?"

 

Chaeyeon felt a pang in her chest, knowing that Kyungsoo would be heartbroken if he realized that she was already married. He would probably be hurt if she didn't meet his parents, because she felt that it would make it seem like she doesn't want their relationship to progress. "I'll meet them." She looked up, seeing a huge grin on his face.


"Thank you Chaeyeon! This means a lot to me." Kyungsoo's grin turned into a large smile.

 

*           *            *

 

Sunmi and Youngjae went to the fancy restaurant down the street.

 

"Excuse me. I need to use the bathroom," Youngjae chuckled nervously, getting out of his chair. He walked quickly to the bathroom, but he didn't go in. Instead, he dialed Chaeyeon's number on the phone.

 

"CHAEYEON! What should I do now?!" Youngjae whispered loudly into his phone.

 

"Just eat. When you're done, bring in the flowers," she replied.

 

"That's it? Can you drop off the flowers here? I forgot to pick them up!" Youngjae panicked.

 

"Okay, okay. Stop freaking out!" Chaeyeon's voice came through the line.

 

"What's happening?" Kyungsoo's voice also came through the phone.

 

"Oh it's nothing. Youngjae wants to propose to Sunmi today," Chaeyeon answered blankly.

 

"Are you kidding me?! This is like the biggest thing ever! It has to be perfect!!" Youngjae almost shouted. People around him gave him weird looks. Youngjae held his hand up and smiled, meaning he was sorry for disrupting their meals.

 

"Do you want the ring to be on top of the roses or do you want to kneel and propose?" Chaeyeon asked.

 

"You'll see. Just hurry up please!" Youngjae nagged.

 

"Okay! Calm down dude. Bye!" Chaeyeon hung up.

 

*           *            *

 

Myungsoo and Hyosung sat in the waiting room of the hospital.

 

A thought hit Myungsoo. Is she pregnant?! Oh no. I can't be a father! I'm married! How would I break the news to everyone?! Hyosung and I aren't even married!"

 

"Hyosung, please come in," the receptionist called.

 

Myungsoo and Hyosung both got up to go in the room. The doctor asked a couple of questions here and there.

 

"Is she pregnant?" Myungsoo asked as calmly as possible when the doctor finished asking questions. The doctor just chuckled for a while. "Doctor! Please tell me!" Myungsoo was panicking inside.

 

"Aniyo. It's too early for symptoms to show. She just has been sick for a couple of days," the doctor replied.

 

"Really?" Myungsoo sighed in relief.

 

"Hey! Does that mean you don't want to have children with me?!" Hyosung glared at him and hit him on the back.

 

"Ow! Ani!! It's just that I don't think it's a good time to have children yet." Myungsoo panicked. Or ever, he thought silently in his head.

 

*           *            *

 

Chaeyeon and Kyungsoo picked up the flowers together. They drove quickly to the restaurant. They found Youngjae glancing at the door frantically every couple seconds.

 

"Is something wrong?" Sunmi asked him, noticing his nervousness.

 

"Oh. Nope. Nothing's wrong here!" Youngjae smiled, trying to act normal and cool.

 

Sunmi knew him better than that. "You're hiding something."

 

"N-no! I'm not hiding anything!"

 

"Tell me."

 

Without replying, Youngjae got up and ran to the entrance. Sunmi didn't look to see where he disappeared off to. She just looked around at the happy couples, smiling and laughing. How come Youngjae and I aren't like that right now? He's acting weird lately.

 

Youngjae snatched the flowers from Chaeyeon. "Gomawo!" he shouted turning his head to look back at her. He ran but stopped when he was in behind of Sunmi. She didn't notice anything. He pulled out the box where the shiny diamond ring was. Grabbing the ring gently, he balanced it on top of the rose carefully. Other couples turned to watch what Youngjae was doing. He tapped her shoulder.

 

"Yes?" Sunmi said, as she was turning around to face him, thinking he was a stranger. She gasped when she saw him. He dropped, one knee on the ground, holding up the roses.

 

"Sunmi, I love you. Sorry for acting strange recently. I was just getting nervous, thinking about how I would propose today. You see, today is our 4th anniversary. You didn't remember!" he chuckled. "This is what I was hiding. Will you marry me?"

 

"... No." Sunmi just said blankly. Gasps went all around the room. Youngjae just kept smiling, tears falling out of his eyes. He tried his best not to have a mental breakdown.

 

"I'm just kidding! Of course I'll marry you!" Sunmi accepted the boquet with tears streaming down her cheeks, and she hugged him. People around the room clapped and whistled. Youngjae reached for the ring and slipped it on his finger. They started to kiss passionately in front of everyone. They heard groans all around the room, because who likes to watch PDA? Especially while you're eating? They both started to smile in the kiss.