Sad Happiness

Married to My Best Friend?!

A WEEK LATER... AGAIN

Myungsoo just moped around the house. He could not forgive himself for breaking Hyosung's heart, and he couldn't bring himself to apologize to her.

 

Chaeyeon knocked on their bedroom door. "Are you okay in there?" No response came. She opened the door and saw Myungsoo watching her with bloodshot eyes. She walked towards him, but unfortunately tripped over a pile of clothes. She fell flat on her face, but lucky for her, the flooring was carpeted. She lifted up her head to see Myungsoo laughing and snickering at her. "Shut up! I'm pretty sure you've tripped before, too."

 

"You're so uncool," he smirked at her, but still had sad eyes. He looked happier, though. Chaeyeon was grateful for that.

 

"Sooo.. You feeling better?" Chaeyeon wondered aloud.

 

"A little bit," he said, with a single tear dripping. Chaeyeon was about to give her friend a quick hug, but the door rang.

 

"Mian. I need to get the door," she excused herself and left the room. She opened the door to find Kyungsoo. "K-kyungsoo! What brings you here?" she stuttered.

 

"I come here everyday, silly," he poked her forhead with a chuckle escaping his lips.

 

"H-haha.. Nice joke?" she said weirdly.

 

"Why are you so awkward today?" he laughed.

 

"I-I"M NOT AWKWARD!" she glared at him.

 

"Maybe it's because you missed me?" he wiggled his eyebrows at her. She slapped his arm in response. "Anyways, I think I left my wallet in your room yesterday. Can I go get it?"

 

"Uh.." her voice just trailed off, trying to think of an excuse quickly to prevent Kyungsoo from going up the stairs, because she remembered Myungsoo was in their room. Meanwhile, he was already halfway up the stairs. Darn it! she thought, running after him. Before she could grab his arm to stop him, he was already in front of the door. He pushed the door open with too much strength, but it was an accident. Without seeing the inside of the room, he looked at the door hinges instead.

 

"Oh my! Mian! I didn't mean to break your door!" Kyung exclaimed, chuckling. With a swift movement, he turned his body, ready to step in the room. That was when he saw Myungsoo just sitting there, with wide eyes, looking at both Kyungsoo and Chaeyeon. "Umm.. Are you cheating on me? It's only our third week into dating.." he said, with a sad look in his eyes.

 

"Uhhh..." Chaeyeon just could not answer.

 

Kyungsoo just looked at the floor, noticing a spiral-bound journal that fell from a high shelf earlier, due to his accidental door-crashing. "What's this?" He picked it up and looked at the cover. Someone had scrawled on the cover on the journal with black, smudged pen ink. He narrowed his eyes as he tried his best to read it. If Chaeyeon snatched it now, then he would become even more suspicious of her. "M-y-u.. Myu.. N-g-s-o... Myungso.. Myungsoo?" he read, and opened it. It contained many pictures and cutouts of Myungsoo's face, glued to each page with something written about him. "So you are cheating on me?"

 

"Ummm...." she murmered, trying to think of something.

 

"Ani. Well, not really. We're married," Myungsoo just blurted. "And what the heck is with that creepy journal?!" he said, running over to Kyungsoo to peek at the journal himself.

 

"W-what? You guys were married? And both of you guys didn't tell me?! I thought we were friends.... Why wasn't I invited to your wedding? How could you guys...." Kyungsoo whispered.

 

"It's an arranged marriage. So no feelings," Myungsoo said shortly.

 

"A-are you mad at me Kyung?" Chaeyeon asked sadly.

 

"I.. I don't know.." Kyungsoo ran outside and drove away, without getting his wallet.

 

"Wow. I guess our fate is the same.." Myungsoo stated, knowing the feeling.

 

"This is all your fault!" Chaeyeon yelled at him, punching his chest weakly.

 

"How?!" Myungsoo shouted back.

 

"You could have hidden somewhere like the bathroom or the closet!!"

 

"It was too late! And besides, it's your fault you allowed him to come here!" he replied, not wanting to get the blame. Chaeyeon just sat down, sadly. Myungsoo, though, felt a little better about himself now that he wasn't the only one who got dumped.

 

*           *            *

 

THE NEXT DAY

Ding dong.

 

Chaeyeon stopped feeling sad for herself in the night yesterday, but her eyes were still puffy and irritated because she tried to wipe them continuously to dry them. "K-Kyungsoo!" she said, surprised that Kyungsoo was kneeling in front of her door. He smiled at her. Is he still mad at me? she thought. "Wait... Kyungsoo... Myungsoo and I were married before I met you... I'm sorry if I hurt you in any way," she apologized sincerely, while Myungsoo was watching nearby.

 

"I thought about it.. I don't want to break up with you. If you started to date me even if that meant to cheat on Myungsoo.. That probably means that I mean a lot to you.. Right?" Kyungsoo replied quietly with a 'heh' sound. Without replying, she picked him up off his knees, and they hugged tightly, with his head on top of hers.

 

Wow. I should probably go apologize to Hyosung too, huh. Myungsoo said, going to the garage, driving to Hyosung's house. When he arrived there, he knocked the door. Hyosung opened the door.

 

"M-myungsoo? What are you doing here?" she asked, while a tall good-looking guy appeared next to her.

 

"What's going on sweetie?" he asked Hyosung, wrapping his arm around his waist. He turned to Myungsoo. "Excuse me, who are you?"

 

"This is Myungsoo.." Hyosung answered for Myungsoo.

 

"Your ex? That bad guy?" Daehyun blurted without thinking. Because of his politeness, he covered his mouth with his hand. "Uhh.. Nice to meet you... I'm Daehyun. Her current boyfriend."

 

Myungsoo clenched his fist and gritted his teeth. He was furious that he had been sad about Hyosung all week, but she just moved on quickly and already found a new guy. IN THE SPAN OF ONE WEEK!

 

"I just wanted to say I'm sorry for everything." Myungsoo held in his anger and walked away, towards his car.

 

*           *            *

 

Sunmi and Youngjae happily went together Chaeyeon's house. They knocked the door.

 

"Hey chingoo!" Youngjae high fived her, when she was trying to open the door, as the couple barged in the house.

 

"Annyeong Kyungsoo!" Sunmi waved to him. Chaeyeon was about to close the door when a hand suddenly pushed the door open. The body belonging to the hand showed itself, as Chaeyeon looked up.

 

"OMO! Oppa!!" Chaeyeon sweeped him into a tight bear hug. "I missed you!"
 

"Me too," the older boy chuckled. "College was great though!"

 

"Oppa. Why didn't you tell Umma, Appa, or me that you were coming to visit today?" Chaeyeon asked.

 

"I didn't feel like visiting the parents today. Just came to see my lovely dongsaeng! You got so much prettier! We have great genes," he chuckled and winked at her.

 

"Wow Taecyeon. What a bad child," Youngjae shook his head, laughing.

 

"Who's Taecyeon?" Kyungsoo meant to whisper in Sunmi's ear, but accidentally said it too loud, in a volume everyone was able to hear.

 

"Oh. I'm Ok Taecyeon, Chaeyeons' older brother. And you are..?" Taecyeon reached out his arm for a handshake.

 

"I'm Chaeyeon's boyfriend, Do Kyungsoo." Kyungsoo shook Taecyeon's hand.

 

"But didn't Chaeyeon tell you she was married?" Taecyeon, who had attended the wedding service, said, but immediately gasped, thinking he revealed everything to Kyungsoo.

 

"Kwaenchana, Taecyeon. I already know about it," Kyungsoo said, while Taecyeon sighed in relief. Myungsoo walked in the door, surprised to see Taecyeon.

 

"You better hope Umma doesn't find out," Taecyeon chuckled. "She might not like you. And also call me Hyung."

 

"It's okay, Hyung. I'll wait for her," Kyungsoo smiled.

 

"Hyuuunnngggg~~" Myungsoo squealed, bear-hugging Taecyeon.

 

"You're so gay," Taecyeon shook his head and laughed.

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AUTHOR'S NOTE ¯\_( ツ )_

Annyeonghaseyo! I still have school and I'm busy watching dramas so sawrry for late updates! *chuckles* Who knows where I got sawrry from?  (=´∇`=)

Please SUSCRIBE, UPVOTE, or COMMENT! Jebal? For me? =^● ⋏ ●^= Gomawo