No More Trust

Married to My Best Friend?!

Kyungsoo was taking a nice, peaceful stroll alone in the neighborhood, with the light peeking through the green tree leaves. He saw two people hugging and kissing each other, but only the girl's back was showing, with the boy's face hidden. "How sweet," he smiled to himself. "To think about it, I haven't talked to Chaeyeon in a while. I should give her a call." He pulled his phone out of his pocket, pressing 2 on his speed dial. He put the phone to his ear and faced the street, watching cars go by. He thought heard a ringing nearby. "Is my phone broken?" he wondered, punching random buttons on his phone.

 

"No. Stop thinking about your boyfriend for once and think about me." Kyungsoo heard the boy's faint voice who was with the girl far away.

 

"Why? He's my boyfriend," He heard the girl say. Kyungsoo gasped quietly. "A cheater! I hate those kinds of people!" he exclaimed quietly.

 

"Well I'm your husband," the boy said loudly.

 

"Oh snapppp!!!" Kyungsoo laughed under his breath. "Wow that boy is pretty stupid, letting his wife get a boyfriend." His thoughts became a chain, leading from one to another. "To think about it... It's very relatable to me and Chaeyeon... Right? But I can totally trust her," Kyungsoo assured himself. "Wait. That voice was really familiar!" Kyungsoo peered at the couple, who was now kissing. "Isn't that what Chaeyeon's hair looks like?" he wondered aloud. He walked closer but quietly towards the couple, as to not startle them. "Chaeyeon?" Kyungsoo asked loudly when he was a bit closer to them.

 

The girl spun around in an instant, about to say things like, "Who are you, interrupting my kiss?", but she saw that the voice belonged to Kyungsoo. "Kyung?" She gasped loudly, shocked to be caught, again.

 

Kyungsoo's heart cracked a little at seeing his girlfriend with another guy. After all, it was her husband, so what could he do? But she said she had no feelings for him anymore and that she liked Kyungsoo, right? "You know... I trusted you. I trusted you so hard. All you could do was avoid me and kiss some other boy," Kyungsoo choked up on his tears a little.

 

"Well... He is m-" Chaeyeon started.


"If you're going to say husband, don't even bother saying the rest of the sentence. I thought you didn't like him anymore. I thought this relationship we had was real. You could have let me down easily and broken up with me. Instead, I decided to stupidly keep loving you and giving you more chances while you lied to me. I guess this is all me. All my fault. Why couldn't you broken up with me earlier instead of fooling me? I shouldn't have trusted you. I'm never trusting you again. You didn't even pick up your phone. You just kept on kissing Myungsoo. Is Myungsoo all there is in the world? Myungsoo, Myungsoo, Myungsoo?! It appears you don't care much for me anymore. You wouldn't even care if I died! So I'll do the favor for myself. Just me. We're done. I'm breaking up with you. I'm done with all this garbage. Go to Myungsoo and love him only. You're the only person I never want to see in my life. Ever again," Kyungsoo yelled at her, tears streaming down his face uncontrollably. His eyes were already red and puffy, his nose bright red.

 

Chaeyeon felt guilty for making Kyungsoo this way. After all, she was the one who was not thinking and hurting him. She didn't want to hurt him. It just happened this way. She respected the way Kyungsoo felt now. "I understand." She lowered her eyes to the ground and didn't say anything, but she took everything he said in.

 

Myungsoo actually was rejoicing silently in his head during this time. She's not dating Kyungsoo anymore! That means... That means... She's mine noww!! Myungsoo tried to frown, but it didn't work. Luckily, Chaeyeon was facing Kyungsoo, and Myungsoo was behind her. Kyungsoo, though, was too busy focusing on Chaeyeon with blurry tears. Why am I so happy though? Do I possibly... Like her? he thought. Obviously, stop being stupid, the other side of his brain responded to his own question.

 

Chaeyeon ran to Kyungsoo and hugged him before anyone could react. To be honest, Myungsoo felt pretty jealous. Kyungsoo felt... He felt... Odd. "Get off me." Kyungsoo's eyes were cold and hard, and he pushed her off his body with his hands.

 

"I'm sorry Kyungie." Chaeyeon started to cry, too. "I really did like you. But I guess my feelings changed. I can't do anything about that. I'm so sorry Kyung."

 

"Don't call me Kyungie anymore. Don't ever talk to me again," Kyungsoo said with a rock hard stare, walking away. Don't look back. Don't ever look back, Kyungsoo thought.

 

Chaeyeon was speechless. Myungsoo decided to take advantage of this situation and back hugged her. "I'm not in the mood." She freed herself from his grasp and walked home, too. He ran and caught up after her.

 

*           *            *

 

Hyuna lost sight of Myungsoo and Chaeyeon. They had walked too fast, and she got distracted by free food samples on the way. "Aish. I might not be able to find him again!"

 

She saw a boy who looked around her age crying, walking down the street. He whispered softly to himself. "Chaeyeon... Why? Why Myungsoo?" He kept repeating the same phrase again and again.

 

Myungsoo? Could it be... My Myungsoo? Hyuna's ears perked up, hearing his name. "Excuse me. Did you say Myungsoo?" she blocked his way.

 

Kyungsoo tried to walk around her, but she kept stepping in front of him. He sighed in defeat. "Yes."

 

"Where is he? And what happened to you?"

 

"He's should be on that road somewhere." Kyungsoo pointed at the other street. "And my girlfriend, or should I say my ex, was kissing him. So now I broke up with her...." his voice trailed off.

 

Hyuna, apparently not interested in his dating drama, ignored what he said. She tuned him out after he gave her directions. All she heard him say was something about a breakup and his ex Chaeyeon. He was still talking when she stopped him. "Okay, thanks!" she ran to the streets and found Myungsoo walking quickly behind a girl.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AUTHOR'S NOTE ¯\_( ツ )_

I wanna give Kyungie a hug now... T^T Sorry for hurting him so bad but you know... It had to be done sooner or later. I hope it's okay, though. I won't make Kyungsoo cry like that again. Maybe light crying? If he does pop up in the story again...

Thanks for reading!!